Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi House. :) I spent most of yesterday and this morning in my yard...it feels sooo good to have the time to get things planted and mulched. Luke will be here from tomorrow a.m. until Sunday afternoon, so he can water things with his little watering can. :lol

Get your camera ready!!:manyheart

Here is some great news about Tam's husband. They've been through so much and I sure hope Tam and the boys are doing okay.:yes

Lots of hugs for those who need them. :hug

Have a wonderful afternoon, everyone. :manyheart

I saw that news - They must be so excited!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joanne, safe driving on your trip tomorrow!! Enjoy the visit:c9

Have a great night, everyone.:hug:hug

Hi Rebby and Welcome to Our House- I have 3 adult DD's 32, 30 and 28, one wonderful SIL married to my youngest DD and one cute little GS who is 9 mos old! I work full time which should be 40 hrs/ week but is always more. I call work Paradise (just so it sounds better-LOL)

I'm heading to Boston to visit my oldest who has lived there for 6 1/2 years. I love going to visit her and am looking forward to my mini-vacation!

Judy- I read that Mariano will be back in 2013- he said he's not going out this way! It'll be interesting!!! I think it sounds like your DS is very smitten with the current BF- when they start thinking of the other person more than themselves, that's amore!!!

Mary- enjoy your Luke time!!

Linda- Hope that you are feeling better this evening and glad to hear you may have warded off anything starting with Kim

Great news about Tam- I read about it on Caring Bridge. Positive thoughts and prayers for a very successful transplant for Ken!!!

Val- Did you get in your alloted time on the ghan? It takes me about 4 1/2 hours to drive to my DD's- I leave early in the morning on Saturday (used to go up on Friday's) and really have no traffic since I'm usually just arriving around 9:30 when the rest of the world is getting up and out! I am going alone. DH usually doesn't come with me (he is their wonderful stepfather, but not their Dad and when he comes he wants to stay in a hotel since the only available sleeping space is the couch, which I don't mind). She has offered me her bedroom, but since I get up so early, it's better if I stay in the living room on the couch and that way I don't disturb her or her roomate when I'm up at 5:30!!

Sometimes my middle DD and/or youngest DD have come up with me. I do like having one on one time with her though- since I don't get it often. I see my youngest at least 1-2X/week and also see my middle DD at least once/month since they both live in NJ.

Julie- Enjoy your "Cam" time!

Well, off to finish packing the last of my things. Bringing cotton yarn since it doesn't take up a lot of space and will work on some small projects like dishcloths (which I need) while I'm away

Cindy- Just thought about you--are you home from vacation?

Will check in as I can.

I'm home. Actually we've been here long enough to be all unpacked. Its good to be home. traffic was horrendous all the way home. We saw two accidents, both of which looked pretty bad. One was a big truck that appeared to have caught on fire. The trailer was all bent and caved in, and the cab was just a black shell. That created a huge traffic jam, probably an hour or so.

Then closer to home we saw a truck with a trailer overturned next to the freeway. Lots of construction delays as well. We've come to the conclusion that Fridays are a bad day for travel. Ds always says that the traffic in Detroit is worst on Fridays. (of course, in my opinion it's pretty bad there on all the other days of the week as well.) I assumed that this was just because he lives in a big city, but now I think that this may be a universal problem.

We had a great vacation. The Biltmore house is amazing. You are not allowed to take pictures inside, although I don't know why. Maybe because it would interfere with the enjoyment of others, but possibly also becasue the place is literally filled with priceless art and furniture. It sure can't be because we will copy their decorating style! Quite frankly I wouldn't want to. The interior of the house covers something like 4 acres of space, and the entire estate is about 8000 acres. I cannot even begin to imagine the work it took to maintain that home, let alone what it cost.

Eventually I will get some pictures downloaded and will post a few.

I did read through all the posts I missed, but because of the sheer volume of them, I cannot begin to remember everything.

I did read the good news about Tams Dh.

Judy, fingers crossed that DS has finally met the right person!

Joanne, have a great time with DD.

Julie, sorry you've been feeling badly. Hope things are better soon.

Linda, glad you got Kim's meds started on time. Hope the SS stuff works out quickly, so you can get into your own place.

Marlene, how fun that you get Maya for the summer.

Mary, enjoy your weekend with Luke.

Marisa, hope your mom gets to see sil and whichever children come with her. That was so cute about the boys pooling their money.

Val, looking forward to seeing your ghan. Thanks again for the prayers. (thanks to Judy for the good thoughts as well.) I am trying not to think about mothers day. I have to work that day, and I don't know if that will help or not. Probably if it's really busy it will be a good thing.

Also welcome to Rebby. I'm a critical care nurse, wife, mom to 3 adult children: DD28, (married and mom to 4 wonderful boys), DS25, (an engineer), and DD23, (also an RN, who works for the same health care system that I do, and is also going to school for a doctorate), I am owned by a crazy Brittany spaniel named Sophie. I crochet, quilt, sew, cross stitch, knit and garden in my spare time. In fact I will do anything to look too busy to clean house. (I'm kidding, I do clean, but I only do it because it has to be done!)

Morning ladies

Rebby

Welcome to the House ! We're glad to have you along . What are you currently crocheting ?

Jude

Preetty pic of your back yard .

Mary

I remember Cam having one of the little watering cans too . Enjoy your weekend .

Thanks also for the news on Tam's husband . I went to the other board area a few weeks back looking for news of him ,but sisnt see any then .

Cindy

Glad you got home safely and had a nice trip. Sounds like it was quite enjoyable .

Joanne

Have a fun weekend .

Linda

Hope you get a little time off this weekend to do things you need done for YOUR move .

Not much new here. A regular Saturday . Cam was very good,but really quiet . He is getting older now though,so you see the changes starting with him. He is sometimes like that,so I just give him his space .

You all have a good day ..

Good morning Housemates!!!!

Joanne - Yes, I did get in my crochet time. I have about 14 more rows and then I can start weaving in the ends:eek and do the border. Have a safe journey to your daughter's place and have fun.

Julie - Have a great day. I'll think about you and Cam when I watch Batman tonight.

Cindy - Glad you made it home safe and hopefully rested. You've been missed. God is going to take care of us orphans and we'll take care of each other.:hug

Marisa - :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:hug

Have a good day housemates!!!

BBL.

Greetings from Beantown!!! Had a good trip up and we are getting ready to head out for 'open studios'- lots of artisans participating! It's cloudy 50's, but no rain!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Welcome home Cindy!

Good-almost-afternoon, peeps!

Chilly and dreary morning here...but the grass and the azaleas look good!

God is going to take care of us orphans and we'll take care of each other.:hug

Amen to that, Val!:)

Cindy, funny about the Friday traffic. DH had to drive way up north Jersey yesterday and he always has light traffic going that way. Must be lots of people working 4 days commuting into NY and the other online or something....

Joanne, I hope you made it to Beantown safely...have fun walking around the town!

I began a royal blue square last night and love it next to the crayons color - then I remembered that about 8 years ago I used 2 almost identical colors to make an unconventional - and large - baby ghan for a mom on the block here. I do love my bright colors:lol

I may not use the yellow with this after all...need to finish the blue and see if the 3 colors play well together.

have a wonderful day my friends:hug:manyheart

Greetings from Beantown!!! Had a good trip up and we are getting ready to head out for 'open studios'- lots of artisans participating! It's cloudy 50's, but no rain!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

Welcome home Cindy!

We posted at the same time!!!

We also have the same weather:lol

I'll bet you a sk of yarn that you buy something there:lol:lol:lol:lol

Quick check in:

Judy - Forget to tell you that your yard is beautiful and looks soooo peaceful! Marisa and I had a couple of days where we were posting at the same time.

Joanne - Good you made it and I agree with Judy...you will buy something.

I'm on my way out with 1 of my sisters...HOBBY LOBBY...yep!!! I sure will. We might also go by Michaels to check out that yarn Judy has!

BBL!

Hello everyone. Cold and cloudy here today, looks like rain, but according to weather.com. it won't.

Nothing much new to report, I am catching up on household chores and dh is cutting the grass. The grandsons (and their parents) are coming for dinner, but I think it will be take out pizza.

LOL Enabler! Love it! :devil

I am currently working on a shawl called the "half moon shawl" however i didn't check my gauge and so It is going to take me a lot longer because my "completed project" was baby sized! LOL!!!!

Oh and Gardener- I have a feeling we will get along just perfectly! I do craft and bake a lot and am waaay to busy to finish housework too!! LOL

Quick check in:

Judy - Forget to tell you that your yard is beautiful and looks soooo peaceful! Marisa and I had a couple of days where we were posting at the same time.

Joanne - Good you made it and I agree with Judy...you will buy something.

I'm on my way out with 1 of my sisters...HOBBY LOBBY...yep!!! I sure will. We might also go by Michaels to check out that yarn Judy has!

BBL!

thanks- itis peaceful, esp since we have 5 foot fencing all around it...peaceful, except for last night. I let Sparkie out in the yard by himself for last call and he came back fast. I then leashed up Lucy (she won't come in for me otherwise) and went out and smelled the most nauseating scent of skunk I can ever remember smelling! I was thinking maybe there was one on the other side of the fence and on hearing Sparkie it had a panic attack. Anyway, I tried to get Lucy to answer nature's call and she would have none of it, pulling me back to the house. I couldn't blame her! I actually had to shut my upstairs windows that overlook the yard because the smell was coming through there!:P

All gone this AM, tg!

Did you get your yarn?

Hello everyone. Cold and cloudy here today, looks like rain, but according to weather.com. it won't.

Nothing much new to report, I am catching up on household chores and dh is cutting the grass. The grandsons (and their parents) are coming for dinner, but I think it will be take out pizza.

Pizza...yummo! A good way to relax and enjoy family instead of cooking!

LOL Enabler! Love it! :devil

I am currently working on a shawl called the "half moon shawl" however i didn't check my gauge and so It is going to take me a lot longer because my "completed project" was baby sized! LOL!!!!

I know that pattern....I like making non wearables just for that reason - gauge! Though i do occasionally make shawls and have an unfinished Viceroy shawl here that Faille sent me and will be working on that sometime soon. It's thread, so I have to get back in that mindset again.

Have a good night, everyone. Yankees are starting soon!

'morning!

Time to rise and shine, peeps!:lol

Up early...as you can tell.;) Sometime today we'll be hitting Delicious Orchards - lots of veggies to get...along with something for our sweet cravings:lol

I'm still not sure about the colors with the crayons yarn...maybe I will use the royal and yellow with the variegated.:think

Off I go...pups are insistent I pay attention to them:lol

Later, gators:hug

Good morning!

Judy- You are up EARLY today!! I was up at 5:30!

Oh, and you bet me a skein of yarn yesterday? Well, you were right--I did buy something(s)! I bought a ring for me and DD, 2 pictures- small- for my desk at work. I also bought DD a dress, jeans and top at The Buffalo Exchange which has really nice second hand things. Top end stuff for bottom end prices!!

I picked up Ryan his first pair of sunglasses- at this really neat store up here- they have a band attached that goes behind the head to keep them on. Can't wait to see them on him!

Speaking of sweets, we went to the farmers market yesterday and one of the vendors was selling homemade tarts- we got a plum and chocolate tart and let me tell you- it was delicious!

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Good Morning, House. :) Luke, DH and the pets are still asleep so I'm enjoying some quiet time. ;)

Cindy ~ Your vacation sounds so nice and a family pizza night does, too! Dallas/Fort Worth traffic is always a nightmare, but we're stuck with it ;) - sorry your trip home was longer than planned!

Joanne ~ Good for you for taking a break! Enjoy the rest of your visit in Boston. :yes

Judy ~ Love the primary colors you're using! Your yard looks so pretty - the flowers are gorgeous. Yep, it's about time your DS settled down.:lol It sure sounds like he's serious this time...and you would be a wonderful mother-in-law!

Valerie ~ I hope you found lots of goodies at Hobby Lobby.:yarn I really like ILTY - both acrylic and cotton.

Linda ~ Please tell us you're getting a break this weekend! :manyheart I hope Kim is much better now. :)

Rebby ~ I think most of us have had the dreaded gauge problem. :D I'll bet it will be lovely when finished. :yes

Julie ~ It sounds like you're about ready for the reunion...you always have such great ideas for them! :clap Will Cam be going with you?

I managed to finish another scarf while Luke napped yesterday. :hook Like Judy, I think it's time for more saltines...just need to decide on a pattern.

Have a wonderful morning, everyone. :manyheart

SOme of you asked to see what I am working on... i just pulled out a schnibble of what I am doing to snap a pic. Its in the patons sequin lace. I think it will be a pretty shawl (half moon) with white and tan clothing.

post-60496-135897757519_thumb.jpg

Mary- thats wonderful! I love the feeling of a finished project! It doesn't get old!

could someone post a pic of these "saltines" you all seem to talk about? LOL

Hi ladies

Boy it's quiet in here this weekend ! I guess lots of you are busy or not home right now .

Cam is home, they had something to do today so he left early. We had a good visit .

Rebby,

Your shawl is very pretty . I've heard of the pattern but never tried making one .

The saltines are what we call simple granny squares with 2 rounds. I named them that long ago, because they are about the same size as a saltine cracker .

It's been pretty hot here this weekend . Havent done much of anything today ,except a bit of boring housework .

Hope everyone is doing well.will stop back in sometime later .

Rebby ~ Your shawl is lovely! I love the color you've chosen. :clap

The saltines are just 2-round granny squares and are about the exact size of a saltine...so it's a good nick-name. :) This CAL was originally started by Julie for us to make crocheted quilts using the "little squares" and patterns designed by a wonderful lady named Cara. So, several of us have made lots of them.:lol Here are a couple (of 13 or 14 :eek) that I've made -

post-10699-135897757537_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897757542_thumb.jpg

Hi Julie ~ I was typing while you were posting. :D I hope you're feeling okay :manyheart - and boy do I need to be doing some housework. We took Luke home about 1:30 and I'm playing here instead.

Good morning!

Judy- You are up EARLY today!! I was up at 5:30!

Oh, and you bet me a skein of yarn yesterday? Well, you were right--I did buy something(s)! I bought a ring for me and DD, 2 pictures- small- for my desk at work. I also bought DD a dress, jeans and top at The Buffalo Exchange which has really nice second hand things. Top end stuff for bottom end prices!!nice buys!:clap

I picked up Ryan his first pair of sunglasses- at this really neat store up here- they have a band attached that goes behind the head to keep them on. Can't wait to see them on him!sounds so cute!

Speaking of sweets, we went to the farmers market yesterday and one of the vendors was selling homemade tarts- we got a plum and chocolate tart and let me tell you- it was delicious!

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

sounds like you're having a blast.

Judy ~ Love the primary colors you're using! Your yard looks so pretty - the flowers are gorgeous. Yep, it's about time your DS settled down.:lol It sure sounds like he's serious this time...and you would be a wonderful mother-in-law!

TY for the compliment...my MIL was the best example for how to be a good MIL...which I told her many times before she passed away. :manyheart

I managed to finish another scarf while Luke napped yesterday.WTG! :hook Like Judy, I think it's time for more saltines...just need to decide on a pattern. great idea!:devil

Have a wonderful morning, everyone. :manyheart

I hope you get some hook time tonight...

SOme of you asked to see what I am working on... i just pulled out a schnibble of what I am doing to snap a pic. Its in the patons sequin lace. I think it will be a pretty shawl (half moon) with white and tan clothing.

love the color - good work, too!

Marisa, how did today go? Wasn't it the fundraiser this AM?? You have to be soooo tired:hug

Have a good night, my friends!:manyheart

HI all,

We had another good day! And we are getting ready to watch the Devils hockey game. DD and her roomie are making the quesidillas and I'm taking a quick break from crocheting! I started another York Shawlette

Mary- I love the look of those crochet quilts!!! But I really don't like the sewing so many squares together. But oh, boy are they tempting- because they are so pretty!!!!

Rebby- Love the look of your shawl so far!!!

Julie- it's unusually cool here in Boston- for May that is!! At least the sun came out this afternoon and we got to spend some time outdoors. The high was 60 and tomorrow morning is going to be 40---but sun is supposed to be out again- and get up to 60 again.

Marisa- I forgot that today was the early morning day!!! Hope it went well and that you aren't too tired!!

Linda- Hope you have been having a good weekend and not too sore!!!

Cindy- Did you work today?

Val- How's your ghan coming along? Did you get a chance to do anymore work on it?

Tab- Thinking of you- and hoping that things are settling down a bit!!!

Devils pre-game is on- so I'm going to say good night!!

Go Devils!!!

Hello Housemates!

Rebby - Love the shawl.

Julie - Glad you got some time with Cam.

Judy - The Michael's near my house does not have those beautiful colors. They have a limited selection of that particular brand. I did buy 6 skeins of ILTY from Hobby Lobby to finish up the Bama ghan.

Marisa - Hope all is well and that today was a success.

Joanne - Glad you are enjoying yourself. Yes, I did get to work on the houndstooth ghan. I'm done with the rows. I have to weave in alllllllll those ends and then I can put the edging on.

Mary - I love those ghans. I have lots of saltines that I need to put together.

I spent the day with my aunt and 1 each of her daughters and son. She has 2 daughters and 2 sons. Both of her daughters are nurses.

Hey! Shout out to all of you nurses in the group for Nurses week: Joanne, Cindy, Linda.

You're the 3 I know of. Also to those that I do not have knowledge of.

I will try to post a picture of the ghan on tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

Julie, I'd be upset with the doctor to or his staff. Vent all you want. Glad you had time with Cam with this weekend. My ex-dil and I got along just fine. I would not of expected this bevahior to be this bad. I know she was not nice about things with her older kids dad. But he did things that need to be stopped. And that's not the case here.

Linda, I agree parents should get along for the sake of the kids. My ex and I did. We even had holiday meals together with his gf and my hubby and DD. Hope your feeling better today and got to do something for you this weekend.

Val, I had a great grandma that lived to be 94. And I have a great aunt that's 92. You'll have no problem finishing your houndstooth ghan.

Rebby, Welcome! You have a busy house with 4 kids. Your shawl is pretty!

I'm married I have a DS with 2 kids, DD with 1 girl, a SD married with 2 kids.

Mary, Maya has her own watering can and enjoys watering the flowers. Thanks for the link on Ken. Great news for all of them. Glad you Luke this weekend. How is DD feeling?

Judy, Beautiful view in the backyard. I think royal blue will look nice with your colorful square. I think you will be a great MIL to. I hope she likes to do what you like to do. My sister lives in the country and her dog has been sprayed at least 3 times. She gets the job of bath and tomato juice.

Joanne, Have a great mini vacation with DD. Sounds like your having a great time.

Cindy, Welcome home! If you drove home on 75 you may of have people coming home from the south. Glad you got home safe and had a nice trip.

Not much happening around here this weekend. We made a trip out to the store. It's been cool and windy here this weekend. Can't wait for it to warm up. Sure makes me wish we would of stayed in Texas longer, but it gets to hot there. Hubby wanted to go down to Maya's friday night. I was cooking dinner and he said that. I told him they will be coming up here friday so we stayed home. He said I guess I'll just have to miss her for another week. Now he knows how Maya and I feel. I'm getting off here. He wants to watch something and I want to watch something else so I'm going in the bedroom and watch tv and crochet. Have a nice night!

Archived