Our House Part Two

Good morning!

The weather is going to be cooler today (thank goodness- not ready for 90 degree weather YET) I just wish we would get some rain. Another red flag alert day (high risk for fires).

Val- Good luck with the purging. I think now that spring is here, it's time for me to purge some more 'things'-

Off to get ready for another fun-filled day in Paradise!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

morning, peeps!

Marlene, also thank your nephew for us - Veterans Day last year our neighbors brought their children along with cookies and a handmade card as a thank you to DH for his service back in the 60's. He's still emotional about that unexpected visit. I hope and pray your nephew continues to get help for the trauma.

Nice chiropractor for helping your DH! I hope he feels better fast.

Val - decluttering is very therapeutic!

Hot again...blech:P

Have a good day my friends:hug:manyheart

Morning Housemates!

Dropped off the DN and DGN. Will drop off DNep around noon.

It's cooler here today and we're suppose to get some rain. Yippee!!!

Here's to wishing everybody in the "House" a great day!!!

Morning ladies

Cindy

Good to see you yesterday . Hope things are getting back to a routine for you .:hug

Joanne

I thought of YOU when Marisa told about the wedding. Since you are a hige sports fan , it would have been a dream come true to be at a sport-themed wedding .

Val

I've said this before about getting rid of stuff -- I don't know what you call people like me,but I am the exact opposite of a hoarder . I take a bag of things to Goodwill every week . I cannot stand clutter of any type, and even items that I might use someday ? If they aren't needed on a regular basis, out they go .

I have the bare minimum of clothes and shoes -- I only have one body,so can only use a certain number of clothes and shoes.I don't keep sizes that are too big or too little,hoping that I will either lose or gain weight so they fit. If they don't fit TODAY,then out they go .

The only thing I have that breaks my rule is purses . I have some type of PURSE DISORDER . I cannot resist buying purses ,so I usually have more of them than is necessary ,but that seems to be my only item that I have overloads of .

Marlene

You must be handy with tools to be able to come help your girl put of the shelves .

Hope your husband feels better today .

Thank you to your nephew for serving our country . I think he made a good choice to sign out. He served a long time,and if he is having some problems dealing with things, then it's good that he is getting out so he can get the help he needs .

Jude

Stay cool down there. We had awarm day yesterday but MAJOR wind all day long,so the heat wasnt bad. I had to stay inside though because all the flowering trees and bushes were getting that stuff blown off them and it was clogging up the air. My lungs felt like they had sand in them ,so I sat inside .

Tonite is my Sleep Study .I'll be glad when it's over . I know it wont be scarey ,just bothersome . The worst part will be paying for it .

Steph's dad is back home and doing ok . Pyper has bounced back to normal and is her 2 year old self,full of life .

Not a lot more new here .Getting excited for reunion. I have all my cousins emailing me about it,making plans for what all we will do while down there. I think we'll have a good motel crowd,so that will be fun. Very relaxing and enjoyable .

Just got word that one of my cousins will be a first time grandma in October . I am SO tempted to try a baby ghan for them . I might go see what I can dig up at the store to attempt one for them .

Guess that's about it on this end. Will check in later .

Good morning ladies :hi

Back to my routine :whew I saw my new patient last night and then got home almost about 9pm. So I had a bite to eat (Steph put chili in the crock pot....a little hot for chili, but it was still wonderful) and unpacked from the weekend. I worked a little bit of the rr, but not much really. Not much going on here for today.

I also have to do another baby girl ghan that I'd like to get moving on to let my mom take back home next weekend :eek Maybe I'll have to run to Joann's today :think It's for her dentist that checked out my mouth for me after the guy I found here said I had a bunch of cavities :eek And then she wouldn't let us pay when she didn't have to do any work. She just had her baby a few months ago, so I thought I'd send a thank you :yes

Judy - How exciting to go with a new cut again :yes Do we get pics :devil

Val - I brought my border book with me today to look over for the mcal and I'll definitely share pics of my completed projects. Sounds like you're making tracks with your purging :clap Good idea giving the extras to less fortunate people that can really use them :manyheart

Julie - I always enjoy people stepping out of the box too and that's definitely what made this one of the best weddings I've ever been to :yes

Cindy - Glad you had a quiet day at work and I hope you got a good nights rest to kick that exhaustion in the badorkus :wink

Joanne - How was craft club? We had 85 here yesterday and the high today is 65 :clap So much better :lol I checked the weather last night and it looked like rain all next week and I looked today and now it doesn't so I guess only time will tell :think Hopefully you'll get some rain out there to calm down those fires :hug

Marlene - Oh boy you have a lot going on :hug Great job helping dd with their display and hopefully Maya is focusing on the excitment of seeing you again on the weekend instead of dwelling on you leaving :hug A big thank you to your nephew for serving our country and I think he made the right decision to leave now and deal with his post traumatic stress :hug I hope DH is feeling better today :hug

I should be in and out all day :yes

Morning Housemates!

Dropped off the DN and DGN. Will drop off DNep around noon.

It's cooler here today and we're suppose to get some rain. Yippee!!!

Here's to wishing everybody in the "House" a great day!!!

:yay for rain

I don't know what any of those letters mean :blush:think

Good morning gang! My joints were bad last night with all the weather changes we're having, but otherwise I'm fine. Talked to family in Iowa last night to make sure none of them got any damage in the storms they've been having and they are fine. I'm looking forward to seeing them in June when I go up to spend time with DD and GS.

Kim's doctor appointment went well other than a long wait as the patient ahead of us had an emergency that tied up the doctor for over an hour. As it turned out, Kim didn't end up needing the exam after all and won't need any in the future unless she has problems. Since the doctor just talked to us and we had such a long wait there was no charge for the visit.

I made goulash for supper last night using wild pig sausage. Yummy! And Andria brought the girls over for another knitting session. Ashley completed another hat with her loom and only had one loopy stitch. She's going to make some preemie hats with it for my church's outreach program. Then I taught Megan how to bind off her little doll blanket and she did great. We hid the loose ends and it was finished off. Not half bad for her first attempt. She's definitely getting the hang of it. She's taking a break for a few days and then we'll start her next project using some peaches and cream cotton yarn. I think it will be easier for her to work with. It isn't as stretchy, but it won't split on her and I think she'll be able to see what she's doing easier. She was using baby weight yarn earlier and I really think that was a large part of her adding tons of stitches as she knitted.

And Andria said that the church she attends rather routinely gets requests from people needing assistance of the companion &/or caregiver type and that she will be glad to forward those requests on to me when I'm ready. Looks like I might have more work than I want available. Would be nice to be able to pick and choose. Working 2-3 days a week and having the rest of the week for me sounds positively wonderful. :D And my weekends are mine unless it's a one time deal and they are willing to pay extra. :lol

Let me just say that this wedding was one of the best I've ever been to. So, you know how they do the name cards and let you know what table you're at? I got there and my name was on a Boston Red Sox ticket!!!!! :clap Along with everyone else at my table....which was Fenway Park. Each table was a ballpark with the ticket coordinating for that team. The hors d'ouerve (sp?) hour had a mashed potato bar, which was awesome and some other great appetizers being served. When we went into the ballroom and they announced everyone, the parents were announced as the head coaches :lol And then each bridesmaid and groomsman was announced with their height like at a game when they introduce the starting lineup. It all went so quickly. They went right in to the first dance when they entered. Then did the speeches. Our bride and her brothers played a few songs (the boys play guitar and she was on the drums...yes, in her wedding gown!) After that was dinner and then we did more fun stuff and dancing, and then dessert. Everything was spaced out well and almost in a way that you wouldn't really think would work :think But it was great and nothing was all 'clumped' together. Definitely a great day and she was gorgeous!!!!!

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful wedding.

I had a patient email to come tomorrow (a new one) and then called today and asked if she could come tonight instead :clap I was supposed to go to the movies with my sister to see Hunger Games, but now she'll be going alone unless someone else is going with her :shrug I really want to see the movie, but we all know it's got to be much more important than a movie for me to tell a patient no :yes

You are going to have a full practice before you know it. Congrats! :clap

Linda - WTG on all your packing, how's the wrist? Rant all you want :hug Sending positive thoughts for the possible job....I think after your past 7 1/2 years, PT would be great for you :yes

The wrist is improving each day. The weather changes made it ultra sore yesterday, but so were most of my joints with arthritis, so that wasn't unexpected.

:yes

Yesterday DD called me from work and asked me if I could come help her. She had to put up a new display. One of the guys helped her in the morning. They had 4 pieces of particle board that were 4' x 4' and they hung them. Then they had to put these pipes together and they had to be put on the boards then a shelf on top of some of them. The company who delivered the wood left a drill but no drill bit (Mom can you bring me my drill)(1st phone call, delivered), no shelf to put on the pipes. She and I did the two bottom boards and she said one of the guys was working today and he would put the pegs on the upper boards. The screws wouldn't go through only so far on the pressed wood and I hand screwed them. One of the girls that works for DD thanked me for coming and helping. She said you did it like you knew what to do. I told her I like to fix things and put them together.

Sounds like me. Way to go, Marlene.

DH called me on saturday morning he was in a lot of pain. He was doing something with SD so he was planning on staying over night at his brothers house. Sunday he was no better so I told him we could stay all night at my sisters house and I would call the doctor. I called the doctor this morning and are is out all week and he couldn't be seen until tomorrow afternoon. Couldn't get a referral for the chiropractor without being seen. So we went to the chiropractors office and I told him what was happening and he said I'll charge you what they would pay me if you want. So he seen DH and popped his collar bone back in. He's been resting since he got home and icing it. Tomorrow I'll make him a sling. He's hoping he'll be able to golf thursday.

I'm glad they got the collar bone taken care of quickly. The longer it's out the longer it takes to heal, so you definitely did the right thing. Hope it heals quickly now.

Yesterday when I left Maya and must of seen bye 100 times. She called me before I left the complex crying. Grandma can't you stay one more night. I had to tell her no because we were suppose to get storms and if I stayed I would have to leave bright and early and I didn't want to get caught in any storms. Her Mom was telling I would probably see her this weekend. DD is going to go out with a gf or gfs for her birthday and Maya and I will stay at my sisters.

Your relationship with Maya is so special. :manyheart

I can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight. Would some of you girls who are having extra warm weather please send it over here to Michigan. It was 69 this morning and this afternoon it was down to 52 when I came home. Suppose to have several cold nights this week.

Enjoy your bed. :D

I have to get back to GS's afghan. June will be here before I know it. So that's what I will be working for awhile.

Have any of you tried Bernat Premium yarn? I bought some and it isn't very good yarn to work with. It's soft, but the yarn isn't weaved together very well. So I ended up going and buying Vanna's yarn. I made Heather the headband she wanted for winter so I wanted to make sure it was nice yarn. I'm going to write Bernat about it. I have used other Bernat yarn and never been unhappy with it.

Bummer. Would be nice if Bernat compensated you in some way.

My nephew got home today. Nine years in the army and he is calling it quits. He did Iraq and Afghanistan for 3 tours. He could of gone again and then just as he started his paper work his unit got called to go overseas again and he would of had to go. He has some problems from being there three times so it was time for him to get out. He has been getting help so I hope he continues so he feels better.

Sounds like a very wise choice on nephew's part.

I'd done a massive purger when I moved to Georgia 10 years ago. I'd read an article where a woman was re-defining herself after a divorce. She was moving to a small cottage. She'd decided to take only the things she could absolutely NOT do without. There was more to the article...just can't remember it all. I tried it and it worked. I have to do it again but I don't have as much as I did last time. I had 3 sets of stainless steel pots & pans. I gave 2 set to my sisters. I had several dinner ware place settings and did likewise. I got rid of a lot of stuff that I could have sold because it was nice stuff. I even gave some things to a couple of friends who were less fortunate. My biggest area this time is books, papers & clothes. Oh well, I'll get it done. I hate being a pack rat!!!

I come from a long line of pack rats and absolutely HATE having to downsize! :D But I'm doing it.

The only thing I have that breaks my rule is purses . I have some type of PURSE DISORDER . I cannot resist buying purses ,so I usually have more of them than is necessary ,but that seems to be my only item that I have overloads of .

I rarely have more than one or two purses and I use them until they are literally falling apart before getting a new one. :lol

Tonite is my Sleep Study .I'll be glad when it's over . I know it wont be scarey ,just bothersome . The worst part will be paying for it .

Good luck with the sleep study. They really aren't that bad.

Steph's dad is back home and doing ok . Pyper has bounced back to normal and is her 2 year old self,full of life .

Yay!

Not a lot more new here .Getting excited for reunion. I have all my cousins emailing me about it,making plans for what all we will do while down there. I think we'll have a good motel crowd,so that will be fun. Very relaxing and enjoyable .

Your reunions always sound like so much fun.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll check back as I can. :manyheart

Cindy - I hope you got a good night's rest. Lifting you up in prayer.

Marisa - It's great that you're sending a blanket to the new mom. I do the same thing to show my appreciation to others for their "free" acts of kindness. You are soooo funny! DN - Darling Niece; DNep - Darling Nephew; DGN - Darling Great Niece...daughter to darling niece.:lol Well, I think that's what I was told it meant when I first joined. I don't have a husband or kids so you won't ever see DD, DH!

Julie - I am a purse-a-holic. Ironically, it is the one thing that I have less of. I'm very choosy and I usually pay a lot of money for my purses. It's a long process. My mom would get my purses when I made the purchase of a new one. She's been deceased for 20 years and I've only purchased about 3 purses during this period of time. I gave 1 to a dear friend of mine and I still have the other 2. I have a friend in Alabama that always get rid of articles of clothing each time she make a purchase of something new. I have to form better habits of collecting clutter. This is a trait from my Dad's mom. My cousins in Alabama and I discussed this when I was there. It's a curse we all want to get rid of.

Linda - You'll be visiting with your family in Iowa before you know it :yes Glad to hear they are ok :hug And Megan and Ashley are coming along very well, you're an awesome teacher :clap

Val - :lol Thanks....I guess I should've had that :blush:shrug

:clapJust got home from the heart doctor appointment and it's all good news. Minimal blockage in all three of the main arteries and the heart function has returned to NORMAL!!!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap It could not have been better. And she gets to stop one of the heart meds, too. Whee!!! :D

Linda, I'm glad everything looks good for Kim. At least you'll know she was in the best of health considering her circumstances when it's time for you to go separate ways. Does Kim know that you're not going with her? If so, how did she take the news?

Linda, that's great news about Kim...and your budding network. It looks like you may have your pick of part time jobs!:clap

Jude

Stay cool down there. We had awarm day yesterday but MAJOR wind all day long,so the heat wasnt bad. I had to stay inside though because all the flowering trees and bushes were getting that stuff blown off them and it was clogging up the air. My lungs felt like they had sand in them ,so I sat inside .

We have a hint of cool weather this evening - the breeze, though full of allergens, is so nice and comfortable!

Another step in the process of eliminating any problems!:cheer

That's great!:clap

Not a lot more new here .Getting excited for reunion. I have all my cousins emailing me about it,making plans for what all we will do while down there. I think we'll have a good motel crowd,so that will be fun. Very relaxing and enjoyable . That'll be a blast!:D

Just got word that one of my cousins will be a first time grandma in October . I am SO tempted to try a baby ghan for them . I might go see what I can dig up at the store to attempt one for them .

Pick out some good yarn to try it with!:hug

Guess that's about it on this end. Will check in later .

I hope your night goes fast!

I also have to do another baby girl ghan that I'd like to get moving on to let my mom take back home next weekend :eek Maybe I'll have to run to Joann's today :think It's for her dentist that checked out my mouth for me after the guy I found here said I had a bunch of cavities :eek And then she wouldn't let us pay when she didn't have to do any work. She just had her baby a few months ago, so I thought I'd send a thank you :yes

Awesome...

And you should do something about that first devious dentist!:angry

Judy - How exciting to go with a new cut again :yes Do we get pics :devil

Nah...just picture a left part, a long side sweep of bang and wisps of hair in front of my ears and at the nape of my neck. Simple:D

So happy to hear about the newest patient!!:clap

Have a great night everyone:hug:manyheart

Linda, I'm glad everything looks good for Kim. At least you'll know she was in the best of health considering her circumstances when it's time for you to go separate ways. Does Kim know that you're not going with her? If so, how did she take the news?

I think so. We've talked about Gael maybe going with them to Texas and we've been talking about my moving to an apartment. How much is getting from her short-term to long-term memory I'm not real sure. Gael took care of her before and she likes Gael a lot, so if it works out it should be an easy transition for her. We're not making a big deal out of it at this point.

It's starting to thunder and rain just now. I'm hoping we get a good soaking rain as dry as it is here.

I've been working downstairs for the last hour or so and have accomplished quite a bit for such a short time. Tomorrow it looks like I'll get to spend a lot of the day down there, which is good. I'll need to make another run to Goodwill before long, maybe tomorrow night. :think

~~***~~~TO ALL OF MY GIRLS WHOM I MISS SO MUCH~~~***~~ I always think about you all and how I need to jump on here and say hello and try to catch up.......Mmmmm and then I just took a look at the page count since I was last on here---ummmmm 293???? and it's now at 793!!!! Maybe it would be like reading a Harry Potter book right?! lol----

How are all of you doing?? I shot a quick email to Judy yesterday and told her to tell everyone hello- she said I needed to jump on--sooo I have a moment today I thought I had better do just that!!

Aree and I are doing VERY well I must add. Man---I can't remember when I was last on here---did I tell you all that I was moving back "HOME" My brother and I inherited our Dad's house back and his crazy wife flew the coop thank heavens. Anyhow---we are out in the country now 10 miles out of town--not too far out but close enough it's just a scoot back into town. It's awfully dark out there though lol, Aree asked if we could put our own street light up. The house is awesome and I love the property- just need to get my back yard fenced so my dogs can run freely.

Aree is playing softball again and she's not even the same girl as last season---SOOOOO WILD!!! SHe's doing fantastic!!! She's pitching like no other, once she finally put her mind to it. And she's hitting the ball like crazy!!! I'm a PROUD MAMA OF #3!!! SHe's also still Clogging and lovin it! Excelling in school and getting excited to go to the "BIG" school next year and learning to play the violin.......Ummmm i don't know a THING about strings though :)

As for me...........I'm still workin like a dawg! lol----Trying to make Aree and I skirts for my cousins wedding in June---Theyre lookin good! AND.....trying to get her wedding afghan done too!

Other than that....all is well!! I'm excited to get updated on all of you!! LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU!!

Quick stop in to say hi since I am watching the Devils hockey game! Great to hear from Kiyo!!!! And good news on Kim!!! And Linda- so happy you are going to see DD and GS in June- and looks like all good things are on your near horizon!

Marisa, Judy, Julie, Val and the rest of the house- thinking about you all- and wishing you all a good night! Will try and post more in the AM!!

Hugs!

Quick check-in before bed.

KIYO!!!!! HI!!!!!!!!! Good to hear from you and hooray for all the good things Aree is doing. :clap :clap :clap

Kiyo - Hello and welcome back. Sounds like you have an exceptional young lady on your hands.

Joanne - I hope your "Devils" won. Have a good Wednesday!!!

Faile - I hope you're getting close to completing your project.

Have a good night Housemates!!!

Good morning!

The Devils lost their hockey game after such a strong start, but at least the Yankees won their game!

I got a few more rows done on the ripple while watching.

Today is much cooler here 50's- and rain is finally in the forecast for the weekend. Not happy that it's supposed to rain all weekend, but we do need it desperately, so I guess it'll be a good reason to stay indoors and relax!

Julie- Hope the sleep test went ok! I was thinking about you!

Have a good Hump Day!

Good morning all. It started raining in the evening and hasn't quit. It's not hard, just a good soaking rain which is sorely needed. Not much new since last night. I hope to do a bunch downstairs today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.:manyheart

Hi, ya peeps!!

Jules - thinking of you as soon as I woke up this morning...:hug

Kiyo!! SO glad you decided to pop over!!!!!

You sound busy craft-wise!

Good for Aree...you're very blessed:c9

About street lights: have you thought of those solar things you can put in the ground - they'll at least illuminate the areas around the house...as long as they get enough sun during the day.

Linda, pace yourself today:hug

Joanne, I felt so badly for the Devils -- and Brodeur being pulled!!!! Did you hear Keenan say he wouldn't have waited that long (8 minutes in):lol:lol

Nice that the new Yankee back-up catcher drove in 3 runs!!

Off I go - have a good one and will cu all later today:hug:manyheart

Good morning Housemates!

Julie - I hope all went well for you last night.

Joanne - Sorry about the Devils. My dad was a Yankee fan. I don't know how he came to that conclusion.

Linda - Remember to take breaks!!!

Judy - Have a great day.

I worked a little on the Bama ghan yesterday. I want to get into my closet today. I'll probably end up crocheting instead.

It's drizzling rain until this afternoon and the temp is in the low 70s. We'll get more rain this weekend. Thankful for the cooler weather!!

Have a great day all...BBL

Good morning. Sunny and cold here today. I am going to go to the zoo with dd and the grandsons this morning. After that I plan to go grocery shopping.

Julie, hope the sleep test went well.

Kiyo!!!! good to see you!

Val, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts.

I will be back later.

Good Morning, House! Our uverse (phone, internet and tvs!) was out most of yesterday and they were able to fix the problem late in the day. Hopefully, this isn't a sign of things to come. :ohdear

I've just caught up on reading posts...you all have been busy. :lol

Kiyo ~ It's so good to see you again! I'm glad things are going well and that you love your "new" home. :manyheart

Today ought to be interesting...our tree guys are coming in a few minutes to trim and clean up the trees and the installer will be here with the new microwave. I hope it fits. ;) DH was supposed to be here today, but he had to go to Houston for a meeting.

Will check in when I can - have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

I had a pretty laid back evening. Got home around 7 and then took a shower, had a bite to eat, and worked on the baby rr. It's almost finished now and should be done tonight since I only have a round or 2 left depending on the yarn :lol I ran to Joann's this morning before work to pick up yarn for the next baby ghan. I'm thinking of doing grannies and whipstitching them together. I have a vareigated, a pink, and a yellow.

Other than that, not much going on here today

Linda - Glad to hear that Kim's appt went so well :yay Good luck with the packing today and remember to pace yourself :hug Great to hear your getting some much needed rain.

Val - So are you purging or crocheting? :think:devil

Judy - The new do sounds super cute :yes

Kiyo - Great to hear from you!!!! Sounds like you are doing well and I think the last time you were here you mentioned you were moving to your dad's house and starting to pack :think Aree is surely growing up and you have a great young lady there to be proud of :yes I play the violin, not so good anymore :blush

Joanne - :yay for cooler weather, WTG on your ripple :clap

Faile - :yay for getting the stand together

Cindy - Have fun at the zoo :bounce

Mary - Sorry your having internet issues :hug I hope the microwave and tree removal go well :xfin

Julie - Hoping the sleep study went well :hug