Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi linda

Sure wish I knew how to help you with the sewing issue, but I am clueless on how to sew anything . Hope you can get the hang of it or maybe find someone who knows how to do it that could explain it or show you .

Sorry about John's mom .She is lucky to have lived this long and I bet it will be very hard for her husband. I t does seem that the ladies almost always outlive the men, but I guess in rare cases it works oppositely .

Hi Linda

Just went to handy dandy youtube and they have people explaining free motion quilting on there -- hope this helps

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good evening ladies :hi

Work kind of dragged on today, but at least there were no problems to deal with :clap I called an attorney out in Pitt that my friend uses as hers and I really liked him. He was very easy to chat with so much so that I don't even feel the need to 'shop around'. He was actually meeting up with my friends today and I learned that he's a family friend of the guy (they got married after school, but we all graduated together). Told me to call with any questions and that he'd be happy to look over all contracts/leases that come my way :yay He's very willing to work with me financially too. He wasn't concerned about it and told me not to worry about all that now and that later on we can refer back and forth as need be. Anyhow, I kind feel like a light turned on after speaking with him. So that's a start :yes

Mary2 - Isn't it funny how guys think we do everything for them!!! No possible way we can do something for ourselves just because :think:lol

Tam - Glad to hear everyone's fighting hard over there :hug :hug What are you hooking tonight? You always have so much flying off those hooks it amazes me!!!

Julie - :xfin for the new med

Judy - I bet that blackberry brandy is yummy :drool

mary1 - Glad your dr visit went well and :yay for the car wash

Kiyo - Love the hat :manyheart Like the others, I say don't settle, but only you can determine exactly what 'settling' would be for you :yes Either way you need to do what makes YOU (and Aree) happy and not worry about any outsiders :hug :hug :hug Good luck sweetie

Joanne - :drool BLT's....I love them! Did dh know it was 'real' bacon?

Toni - Sorry your eye surgery will have to hold off a bit longer :hug :hug :hug May I ask if your name is short for something? My mom was always Toni, but her name in Antoinette, so it just made me curious :think

Joanne, Judy, and Cheeria - Mary said that last week is good for her, so the 26th. I also told her we could go to Jersey Gardens after the meetup too. A couple weeks ago she came into work overly excited that she found a new mall while online :think When she starting talking about it, I said Jersey Gardens and she screamed 'that's it' :**** When I told her how far it was, she was so sad.....like a kid that just lost his lollipop :lol So, since we'll be that far already :think May as well go shopping :clap:yay

Wow... nice to have been able to talk to that attorney and get some relief! :hug

Last night I was working on Charity squares for a friend. I now have 8 of her 10 she needs done. :whew

today... I'm working on granny squares for my scrap granny'ghan. I joined a thread for granny a day in the month of March... I think it will be fun and a great way to use up some of these scraps. I also have a scrap round ripple going! :hook

:heart

:mug

Well ladies, it's been a while since I've hit photo friday so to start the day off right.......... I finished my sister's slipper socks. They look big, but they're really not. I can JUST get it on my foot and hers is a bit smaller so they should be good for her :xfin

Oh, and for Julie's benefit :wink I forgot we took a pic of my dad's cake :D

whoa............... nice socks!!!

Yummy cake :D

Hi Ladies!

I just had a big page typed out and lost it to.

Cheeria and Julie, I hope you both feel better every day.

Linda, Your quilt top is beautiful!

Kiyo, Your hat and slippers are awesome! I ditto what the others say about you being alone. Have a good time out this weekend!

Valarie, Sorry to hear about the passing of your Dad. Glad you were able to get there to see him.

Mary 2, Glad you got to spend time with DD and GKS. Sorry about your dog.

Trish, Sorry to hear DIL had a miscarriage. My DIL had one and it was a sad time for all of us.

Tam, Your 5-10 RR is beautiful! I will keep your DH in my prayers.

Toni, You can be grumpy if you fill like it. But you do have a good attitude with all your going through.

Maria, Glad you found a lawyer to help you. Nice socks for your sister and a pretty cake for your Dad.

Judy and Cindy, I would think if you use baby yarn and hook according to pkg that pattern would work. It looks interesting.

Joanne, Hope you get sunday off.

Mary, Maya is doing good. She is growing she needs a bigger size for height and weight. Sure do miss her. Sorry your having parent issues.

Hubby and I have been busy getting the materials needed for the skirting around the trailer and putting it on. We have to build a frame then put the skirting on it. It's a lot of measuring and work. But it will be so nice when it's done.

DH birthday is sunday so I made him a suncatcher with blue and gold beads. The gold beads are in the shape of M for Michigan. He is a UofM fan and that is there colors.

Also got him the tools he needed to do this skirting project.

Saturday we are having another breakfast meal. Were having ham & cheese omlets. Yummy! Can't wait to have one.

Hope everyone has a good friday.

Thanks sweetie... for your compliment and prayers!!! :hug

ooooh... I want to see pics of your suncatcher!

LOVE omlets!

had chicken alfredo last night... thinkin' about spaghetti tonight. hmmmmm:think

I would like to ask for prayers or good thoughts for my son and family. Something is going on that I can't talk about but they really need some prayers to pull them through this.

Thanks!

you better believe prayers will be said!!!! :hug

Hi, peeps...just checking in....

Finished the charity ghan and will have a pic posted tomorrow- or earlier....

I took this pic on our snow-free patio table:D

And this blankie is going to the NICU - perfect size to cover the isolettes:)

post-8552-135897635483_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. Its been another very busy day at work! I'm glad its over. I think dh and I are going to go out for dinner tonight, so no cooking for us. It's yucky and raining here, so it would be a good night to sit at home and craft by the fire. Maybe after dinner.....

Marisa, nice slipper socks, and the cake looks yummy! Sounds like you found a good lawyer. have fun at the game tonight.

Tab, good luck with your new classes.

Marlene, sending good thoughts for your son and family.

Joanne, I sympathize with the work changes. I"m still "on the fence" about all the changes at my job, although I am now convinced that my choice to stay in Medical ICU was right for me. If only I didn't have to work weekends!

Wrennie, so sorry that your sweater ended up with two pieces the same. Hope it works out right on your next try.

Linda, I tried free motion quilting once, and it didn't go well for me at all. hope you get it figured out. (It sounds so easy doesn't it?:lol) Sorry about John's mom. At least she got to go home.

Judy, love that afghan. I'd never think to put those colros together, but they look so nice that way.

Julie, is Cam coming over?

Hi everyone else.....Tam, Toni, Mary1 and 2, Cheeria, Trish, Kiyo, LeAnna, and anyone else I missed.

I took this pic on our snow-free patio table:D

And this blankie is going to the NICU - perfect size to cover the isolettes:)

oh Judy........... that is beautiful!!!

Hello everyone. Its been another very busy day at work! I'm glad its over. I think dh and I are going to go out for dinner tonight, so no cooking for us. It's yucky and raining here, so it would be a good night to sit at home and craft by the fire. Maybe after dinner.....

Enjoy not having to cook and clean up after working all day!

Judy, love that afghan. I'd never think to put those colros together, but they look so nice that way.

Thanks!

I picked the solids to match the colorway in the variegated.:hook

oh Judy........... that is beautiful!!!

TY...to the queen of afghans:nworthy

HI everyone, :cheer I'm feeling so much better now since I'm not coughing my head off as much as I was doing and the sweating has stop. :P Thanks goodness for antibiotics and cough medicine. Today I was off from the little darlings so it was great to sleep in and relax. Of course I had to do household errands, what else is new in my life, except the same oh, same oh. :lol:lol I know I'm behind on the posts and there's so many of them that I don't know at this moment how I can possibily catch up. Well goto to run now. :hug

OK Joanne, I found it.....

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knee-socks-in-crochet

This one should work.

Thanks Marisa! Hope you have fun at the game tonight and I'm sure Mary's nephew will have a ball.

I'll tell you all about the position when we meet up- this is a public forum so I need to be careful about what I say here:devil

So busy in here.

Well, I hope everyone that is not feeling well feels better. Speedy recovery to those recovering. Good wishes and prayers for everyone in need.

And to the Jersey shoppers, HAVE FUN!! And get a picture of ya' all together with your arms full of bags of yarn, err, stuff.

I started crocheting a sweater, it has a waistband then the 2 front panels and back are stitched from that seperately. Well, I got the 2 fronts almost done. Held them together, they were even and everything! I was so excited till I went to show it to BF. I put the waistband around my back and discovered I did two left fronts. Gah!! The v of the neck went to my arm on the second side and the space for the sleeve was in the middle of my chest :rofl Time to rip and re-do. I just hope it comes out even in the right direction this time!!

:lol:lol That sounds so like something I would do!!!! :yes But kudos for trying it and I'm sure you'll get it right!!!!

Hi Tam !

Great to see you today !

Jude

Love the colors on that babyghan .So pretty .

Cindy

Hope you have a nice dinner and get some crochet time in . Yep,Cam called as soon as school was out ,so he has been here since then,and will be spending the night. I made his favorite again,broccoli soup .....he either wants that or spaghetti, and he also loves gravy and biscuits, which is kind of a family rule : you gotta like gravy in our house !

We already played several games of the new one I got him -- he has 2 now by the Cranium company and he loves them both. They are really cool games. Even I like them,and I'm an old lady .

Cheeria

Thanks for stopping in. i'm glad you got a day off of babysitting so you had more of a chance to rest . Also glad the coughing is easing up .That stuff wears you out,doesnt it ?

Marisa, nice slipper socks, and the cake looks yummy! Sounds like you found a good lawyer. have fun at the game tonight.

Tab, good luck with your new classes.

Marlene, sending good thoughts for your son and family.

Joanne, I sympathize with the work changes. I"m still "on the fence" about all the changes at my job, although I am now convinced that my choice to stay in Medical ICU was right for me. If only I didn't have to work weekends!

Wrennie, so sorry that your sweater ended up with two pieces the same. Hope it works out right on your next try.

Linda, I tried free motion quilting once, and it didn't go well for me at all. hope you get it figured out. (It sounds so easy doesn't it?:lol) Sorry about John's mom. At least she got to go home.

Julie, is Cam coming over?

Hi everyone else.....Tam, Toni, Mary1 and 2, Cheeria, Trish, Kiyo, LeAnna, and anyone else I missed.

Hey sweetie............. I think a nice night out for dinner and then a relaxing evening at home with your hook and yarn sound like a perfect time! :D

Thanks!

I picked the solids to match the colorway in the variegated.:hook

TY...to the queen of afghans:nworthy

Oh goodness................. :blush you're so cute!!!

HI everyone, :cheer I'm feeling so much better now since I'm not coughing my head off as much as I was doing and the sweating has stop. :P Thanks goodness for antibiotics and cough medicine. Today I was off from the little darlings so it was great to sleep in and relax. Of course I had to do household errands, what else is new in my life, except the same oh, same oh. :lol:lol I know I'm behind on the posts and there's so many of them that I don't know at this moment how I can possibily catch up. Well goto to run now. :hug

whew...........good to hear you're feeling better! :hug

Hi Tam !

Great to see you today !

Jude

Cindy

Hope you have a nice dinner and get some crochet time in . Yep,Cam called as soon as school was out ,so he has been here since then,and will be spending the night. I made his favorite again,broccoli soup .....he either wants that or spaghetti, and he also loves gravy and biscuits, which is kind of a family rule : you gotta like gravy in our house !

We already played several games of the new one I got him -- he has 2 now by the Cranium company and he loves them both. They are really cool games. Even I like them,and I'm an old lady .

Cheeria

Thanks for stopping in. i'm glad you got a day off of babysitting so you had more of a chance to rest . Also glad the coughing is easing up .That stuff wears you out,doesnt it ?

Hey darlin'........... how ya feelin' today?

goodness... broccoli soup... spaghetti... biscuits & gravy are all loved here at out place! My kids will eat just about anything. Let me tell ya.... with having to have Michael on a low sodium diet... its amazing how you learn to make so much from scratch!!! I mean... I've always been a pretty good cook if I do say so myself... but sometimes its nice to start with a can or box of something and doctor it up .... NOT anymore! Oh well... its better for us anyway! :D

Hi all,

I got home and started the laundry and cleaned one of the bathrooms. Taking a break to catch up here and wait for dinner to arrive! Having Chinese food tonight! So no cooking or cleaning up for me either!! I want to do the other bathroom and the kitchen before work tomorrow- the vacuuming and dusting can wait. It's looking good that I won't have to work Sunday- and all I want to do is relax!!

Cheeria- Glad to hear you are feeling better and thanks for getting back to me so quickly- Can't wait to see you, Judy, Marisa and Mary on the 26th! I'll send Susan a message on Rav. Enjoy the rest of your day 'off'-

Julie- how's the new med working so far? It is probably too early to tell, but thought I'd ask anyway! Is Cam coming over? I so wish I could meet up with you in person! I'm seriously thinking of trekking to Pittsburgh when Marisa moves there to visit- and not sure how much farther Ohio is from there- but maybe we could meet up then- something to ponder!

Linda- Glad that the nail appt went well for Kim- and I agree, I think she needs to have a young man do her nails so she can flirt while getting them done!!! Glad to hear John's mom is home. I'm keeping her and John and his family in my prayers. My Mom died 5 years before my Dad did - and he was really lost without her for a while. After she died, he never slept in 'their' bed again. He took to sleeping in one of the other rooms. Good luck with the free form quilting. I'm sure you'll figure it out!

Tammy- And the energizer bunny just keeps on going. So many projects!!! How did DH's chemo go today?

Toni- Speaking of chemo- how was your day- I was thinking of you today and hope your are doing ok!

Cindy- DH wanted to take me out to dinner- and I opted for Chinese food at home! I am so tired, I just wanted to get a few things out of the way and then kick up my feet!

Judy- I love the colors of the ghan! What a pretty blanket!!!! Did you know Yankees are playing Red Sox tonight- 7PM on YES!!!!

Mary1- Hope you had a good day with Luke!

Oh, Julie- I won't have to work these crazy weekends after this one!!! But, Never say never, I say! There'll be plenty of work for me to get done-and I'm sure some if the reports have deadlines so if I have to work, I will, but think I will do so at home. I'm still going to be a supervisor- but only for time sheets and time off requests. Mainly I'll be monitoring the Case Managers and we are going to work on re-vamping how they handle their case loads etc. I'm looking forward to working independently with guidance as I need it. That's how I operate the best and I'm glad that my former boss realized that she was going to lose me if she didn't come up with something to keep me in her dept!

Hope you ALL have a good night! I'll probably check back in later

Hi Tam !

Great to see you today !

Jude

Cindy

Cheeria

My middle DD always plays Cranium at her "game nights" at her place! I've played it a few times and although I'm not a 'gamer" I like it too! That and Scrabble! Have fun with Cam:)

Cheeria, I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better!:hug

Judy- I love the colors of the ghan! What a pretty blanket!!!! Did you know Yankees are playing Red Sox tonight- 7PM on YES!!!!

Thanks!

And I checked the schedule today and saw the game posted!!!!:D Thanks for the info, though - I don't always check.

Have a good night everyone.

Hi all,

I got home and started the laundry and cleaned one of the bathrooms. Taking a break to catch up here and wait for dinner to arrive! Having Chinese food tonight! So no cooking or cleaning up for me either!! I want to do the other bathroom and the kitchen before work tomorrow- the vacuuming and dusting can wait. It's looking good that I won't have to work Sunday- and all I want to do is relax!!

Cheeria- Glad to hear you are feeling better and thanks for getting back to me so quickly- Can't wait to see you, Judy, Marisa and Mary on the 26th! I'll send Susan a message on Rav. Enjoy the rest of your day 'off'-

Julie- how's the new med working so far? It is probably too early to tell, but thought I'd ask anyway! Is Cam coming over? I so wish I could meet up with you in person! I'm seriously thinking of trekking to Pittsburgh when Marisa moves there to visit- and not sure how much farther Ohio is from there- but maybe we could meet up then- something to ponder!

Linda- Glad that the nail appt went well for Kim- and I agree, I think she needs to have a young man do her nails so she can flirt while getting them done!!! Glad to hear John's mom is home. I'm keeping her and John and his family in my prayers. My Mom died 5 years before my Dad did - and he was really lost without her for a while. After she died, he never slept in 'their' bed again. He took to sleeping in one of the other rooms. Good luck with the free form quilting. I'm sure you'll figure it out!

Tammy- And the energizer bunny just keeps on going. So many projects!!! How did DH's chemo go today?

Toni- Speaking of chemo- how was your day- I was thinking of you today and hope your are doing ok!

Cindy- DH wanted to take me out to dinner- and I opted for Chinese food at home! I am so tired, I just wanted to get a few things out of the way and then kick up my feet!

Mary1- Hope you had a good day with Luke!

Oh, Julie- I won't have to work these crazy weekends after this one!!! But, Never say never, I say! There'll be plenty of work for me to get done-and I'm sure some if the reports have deadlines so if I have to work, I will, but think I will do so at home. I'm still going to be a supervisor- but only for time sheets and time off requests. Mainly I'll be monitoring the Case Managers and we are going to work on re-vamping how they handle their case loads etc. I'm looking forward to working independently with guidance as I need it. That's how I operate the best and I'm glad that my former boss realized that she was going to lose me if she didn't come up with something to keep me in her dept!

Hope you ALL have a good night! I'll probably check back in later

Leftovers here tonight for dinner. We have chicken alfredo left from last night... tomato soup the night before... breakfast casserole the night before that... and homemade cheesey biscuits to go with any of it.

Hubby had half his chemo this morning......... and he is off to have the other half now. He'll stay and sleep a few hours after treatment because I dont go with him at night. I need to stay home with the boys. He'll get home in the morning and sleep tomorrow all day....... recoop and play the "wait game" for the next 4-6 weeks... until next round of chemo.

I joined a thread for granny square a day in March. I had started a granny scrap'ghan a bit back.. and didnt get anymore done.. so that thread is going to be my motivation to get it done... so far.... 4 squares done. :yay

post-18634-13589763552_thumb.jpg

I think I'm going to start a very simple backpack here in a few for David to carry his gameboy/DSI stuff in. Here's to hoping I get it done tonight!!!:hook

:hi

Wow Tammy- as if you haven't been working on enough projects, you are going to start (and probably finish) yet another one tonight!:nworthy

I've been watching the Yankees game (losing:( )....but at least I finished the shrug for DD. I'll post pics probably on Sunday in the daylight. I'm glad that is done- with plenty of time to spare!

The rest of the weekend after working, I hope to finish the baby blanket so I can start on another project.

See you in the AM!

:hi

Wow Tammy- as if you haven't been working on enough projects, you are going to start (and probably finish) yet another one tonight!:nworthy

I've been watching the Yankees game (losing:( )....but at least I finished the shrug for DD. I'll post pics probably on Sunday in the daylight. I'm glad that is done- with plenty of time to spare!

The rest of the weekend after working, I hope to finish the baby blanket so I can start on another project.

See you in the AM!

hmmmm...hmmm... workin' away... after frogging it 3 times..... but its finally movin' now.

post-18634-135897635546_thumb.jpg

not a great pic... but thats okay... I dont want you to see it yet anyway............. :D

Archived