Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi Joanne

Your bracelet sounds really pretty ,and neat to have charms for each family member .

The knitting will get easier. At first, it feels awkward holding the 2 needles with no hooks on the ends ,but you'll get used to it quickly if you practice .

I found that the bamboo circular needles seemed to be the easiest to control . They are shoort for one thing, and also not as slippery,so the yarn doesn't tend to slide off the ends quite as easily either . You 'll be so proud of that scarf when you finish it. Your first ever finished knit item :)

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'morning, peeps!:)

Morning ladies

Jude, your purse is so cute --sorry I'm a little sluggish on catching up with posts. I only went back a few pages . I LOVE purses, so it's always neat looking at all the different ones they make. I prefer small purses,so it wouldnt be hard for me if I changed to a littler one. If I buy a bigger one, I have to rummage through the house to find STUFF to put in it,then I never use the STUFF . :think

Did your pups get their new balls for Christmas ? From the photo, it looks like they were both playing ball .

Also ,your new yarn colors sound pretty .

They've had those balls for a while...the small one glows in the dark:lol Sparkie is EXREMELY possessive about his ball, so we went to the pet store and bought 2 more, since he usually makes a hole in them over time. It's the same type of ball he's played with since he was a pup 6 years ago!

I'm getting used to the smaller purse...the long, adjustable strap hangs across my body when I'm in the store, so no worries there. And I can find exactly what I need instantly:lol

I joined up for Jude's new group,and will see if I can sprinkle some other crafts in with yarn-related ones .

I am making Pyper ( Cam's little sister,who is 2) a baby doll blanket. Hoping to get it done today. I started it yesterday,but didnt get too far with it before the eyes started burning ,so I put it down for the night.

Will pick it up this morning and get more done on it .

I also found one of the felt-type stocking kits you make with all the little sequins. It's kinda been a tradition to make one for each family member. I made them for the kids, their spouses, the grandkids . Steph asked me if I could make on for Pyper this year ,but I didnt go anyplace before Christmas in search of one,so I found one at the after Christmas sales . There won't be a rush to get it done,since we'll have a year before it is needed,but it will be next on my list after the blankie .

That's a good idea...monitor your body's reactiona nd stop crocheting when you need to.

I've never made stockings like that...they sound so cute. I'm so happy to see you in that CAL.:hug

Not much else new here .Cam is growing really tall . He still comes up on the weekends, although he is getting to the more stay-to-himself age,so we give him his space to do as he wants. Sometimes we can still get him to play board games ,but those times are rare now. He is still funny and makes me laugh . He talks nonstop and tends to be on the edge of being a WISENHEIMER at times. Not sure where he picked THAT up from . :think:D

Gee, now where on earth did he pick up the talking gene?:think:lol:lol:lol:lol

Sure is a good feeling to pick up a crochet hook again .Hope I can at least get back into it a bit .

I DID find another yarn to try yesterday. Debra Norville Anti-pilling ... hoping maybe it won't do the fuzzy type stuff. Didn't get that type for the baby blankie,so it has been a little challenging,but I think I'll be able to complete it today .

Cam -- Christmas 2011

[ATTACH]49452[/ATTACH]

Cam is so tall!!! Oh, my!Handsome boy, too:manyheart

Morning Jude

Yep, I like small purses for finding stuff easier . It's actually funny when I buy a bigger purse,because I have to go aroudn the house and try to find STUFF to put in it so it's not like carrying a Kleenex in a grocery bag .

The pups sure look like they have adjusted well to each other and are best pals now .

Yea, Cam definitely yaks a lot like me. We sometimes drive Sam to distraction if we are both yakking at once and get all wound up . It's actually pretty funny .

In fact, I forgot to tell you about last week when Cam was up . The week before ,he wanted to play a joke on Sam,since he falls asleep in his chair every night while watching tv . So Cam had the idea to DUCT TAPE Sam to his lounge chair after he fell asleep .

We made the plans the weekend before ,and kept it secret (Cam thought so anyhow) . I told Cam I'd get some duct tape and then we'd do our stunt the next weekend .

I told Sam about it,so he'd know we were going to do it, because he's a light sleeper and would wake up otherwise . I told him to PLEASE pretend to fall asleep early ,so I could go to bed . I kept signalling him to FALL ASLEEP ... he kept shaking his head that he wasn't sleepy yet. I told him FAKE IT ...just pretend ,and DO NOT LAUGH .

Sam is the world's worst liar and pretender. You can see through him like a window pane.

So, it was quite challenging to make him PRETEND to sleep .Me & Cam then snuck in and got our stash of tape and tore off big long pieces of it and taped PAP to the chair . THEN Cam wanted to play another prank,and made Sam a peanut butter sandwich,(which he HATES) ,so we made the sandwich and taped it to PAP's face .

THEN, I handed Cam the camera and he snapped a bunch of pictures of PAP TAPED IN HIS CHAIR .

Cam was laughing so hard, he fell on the floor. We were both laughing too . He is SO funny .

Good morning! Sun is shining and I don't think it's quite as cold as yesterday. It only took them a week to get my pain pill prescription right. :( Finally picked it up last night and while I was out went to Cici's Pizza and had a really good pizza, deep dish with ham, bacon, pepperoni, pineapple, and black olives. Yummy! Didn't even eat any dessert. Had a small salad and the pizza and that was enough.

John and Kim are going to visit his folks for their anniversary today and spend a few days with them. They'll be back New Year's Eve evening. Should be home before the traffic gets nasty. I'll stay here and take care of the pets and have some quiet time. And Rosie and her John get home from Colorado today, so we'll have some time to do some stuff together too.

Linda

Your poor head .Did you end up getting it checked out at the doc ? Sure sounds like you have had some rough days .

Glad you got the rr done in time .

The head got checked out. Didn't break it and no bleeding inside, just a horrendous whack. The headaches could last quite a while. I'm just taking things a day at a time and not doing a whole lot of bending and lifting.

A big shout out to those I missed .Not intentional, just out of the loop in here ,so it will take me awhile to get the hang of answering so many posts a day .

I joined up for Jude's new group,and will see if I can sprinkle some other crafts in with yarn-related ones .

I am making Pyper ( Cam's little sister,who is 2) a baby doll blanket. Hoping to get it done today. I started it yesterday,but didnt get too far with it before the eyes started burning ,so I put it down for the night.

Will pick it up this morning and get more done on it .

I also found one of the felt-type stocking kits you make with all the little sequins. It's kinda been a tradition to make one for each family member. I made them for the kids, their spouses, the grandkids . Steph asked me if I could make on for Pyper this year ,but I didnt go anyplace before Christmas in search of one,so I found one at the after Christmas sales . There won't be a rush to get it done,since we'll have a year before it is needed,but it will be next on my list after the blankie .

Sounds like a fun Christmas for little Pyper.

Not much else new here .Cam is growing really tall . He still comes up on the weekends, although he is getting to the more stay-to-himself age,so we give him his space to do as he wants. Sometimes we can still get him to play board games ,but those times are rare now. He is still funny and makes me laugh . He talks nonstop and tends to be on the edge of being a WISENHEIMER at times. Not sure where he picked THAT up from . :think:D

Gee, I wonder where he gets it from? Couldn't be from Grandma Julie, could it? :lol :lol :lol :lol

Well, off to get my day moving .My danged body clock is off whack ,so have been waking up at 3 AM for the past few weeks.

Sure is a good feeling to pick up a crochet hook again .Hope I can at least get back into it a bit .

I DID find another yarn to try yesterday. Debra Norville Anti-pilling ... hoping maybe it won't do the fuzzy type stuff. Didn't get that type for the baby blankie,so it has been a little challenging,but I think I'll be able to complete it today .

Cam -- Christmas 2011

[ATTACH]49452[/ATTACH]

Wonderful picture of Cam!

In fact, I forgot to tell you about last week when Cam was up . The week before ,he wanted to play a joke on Sam,since he falls asleep in his chair every night while watching tv . So Cam had the idea to DUCT TAPE Sam to his lounge chair after he fell asleep .

We made the plans the weekend before ,and kept it secret (Cam thought so anyhow) . I told Cam I'd get some duct tape and then we'd do our stunt the next weekend .

I told Sam about it,so he'd know we were going to do it, because he's a light sleeper and would wake up otherwise . I told him to PLEASE pretend to fall asleep early ,so I could go to bed . I kept signalling him to FALL ASLEEP ... he kept shaking his head that he wasn't sleepy yet. I told him FAKE IT ...just pretend ,and DO NOT LAUGH .

Sam is the world's worst liar and pretender. You can see through him like a window pane.

So, it was quite challenging to make him PRETEND to sleep .Me & Cam then snuck in and got our stash of tape and tore off big long pieces of it and taped PAP to the chair . THEN Cam wanted to play another prank,and made Sam a peanut butter sandwich,(which he HATES) ,so we made the sandwich and taped it to PAP's face .

THEN, I handed Cam the camera and he snapped a bunch of pictures of PAP TAPED IN HIS CHAIR .

Cam was laughing so hard, he fell on the floor. We were both laughing too . He is SO funny .

That is a riot! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Good morning ladies :hi (for a little while yet anyways)

I had some running around to do this morning before coming in, since I didn't want to do it later in the day. I went to Staples, Target, and Best Buy. I had to get my sister a screen protector for her ipad which one was $35!!! :eek So I didn't get one for myself but may look around. She offered to buy it, but I said no. She's really hard on stuff though :think

I had a patient scheduled for 2 but she called to cancel and said she'd call back to reschedule. Her daughter is sick so she has to take her in to the pediatrician :( I hope she feels better quickly, that's no fun :no

I worked a little on my ghan last night and probably won't get to it tonight since I have a haircut at 7. But we'll see, I may squeeze in a row or 2 :think

Julie - Cam has really gotten so big :yes Glad you didn't push yourself to crochet more than your body could handle at a time :hug I agree that I love the bamboo knitting needles too :yes And the story about taping Sam to the chair is PRICELESS :rofl

Joanne - Knitting is a bit slower for me too, but it's fun to change up at times....speaking of, I'm STILL working on my sweater. I have it sewn together and am currently on the hook, then still have all the edging to go.

Linda - Glad you get some quiet time with the pets. Try to relax a bit and I know Rosie will have a million stories for you from their trip :yes

A great big :hi to everyone else here in the house :hug

Morning Jude

Yep, I like small purses for finding stuff easier . It's actually funny when I buy a bigger purse,because I have to go aroudn the house and try to find STUFF to put in it so it's not like carrying a Kleenex in a grocery bag .

The pups sure look like they have adjusted well to each other and are best pals now .

They are pals...except at bedtime. Lucy tries to intimidate Sparkie and stands at the head of the stairs, staring him down so he won't come up. But the last 2 nights he's come up anyway and she's now used to it - she even slept on the floor not far from him instead of crowding us on the bed!

Oh, what a hoot!!!!! That's something Cam will always remember!

I had to get my sister a screen protector for her ipad which one was $35!!! :eek So I didn't get one for myself but may look around. She offered to buy it, but I said no. She's really hard on stuff though :think

I'm easy on my Nook so haven't bought a screen protector. Is it my cynical way of thinking, or does that protector sound like a rip off? I mean, why couldn't they make the screen sturdier to beginwith if that's an issue?:think

I had a patient scheduled for 2 but she called to cancel and said she'd call back to reschedule. Her daughter is sick so she has to take her in to the pediatrician :( I hope she feels better quickly, that's no fun :no

I hope she calls back!

A great big :hi to everyone else here in the house :hug

Have a great day!!

Linda, if you feel "off" while John and Kim are away be sure you contact Rosie. Don't be too brave! At least you'll be able to rest with just the pups around....

Judy - I have the screen protector on my nook because Maryann yelled at me when I said I didn't want to pay the extra for it, but that was way cheaper than this one and it came with 2 covers. The ipad one only comes with one in the packet. I'm not too worried, but my sister is pretty hard on everything!!! She's a little disatrous :lol

Julie. .. the story about Cam is soo cute!

Hi to everyone. Not on long...have extra grandkids. Oldest dd hs had some oral surgery done and needed me to take her 8 and 6 year old. So 5 of them right now. 8,7,6,5 and 2. One with the flu. We are an airport with paper airplanes right now! Hoping to finish a scarf today for my younger dd's bf

HiLinda

I'm glad you had your head checked out. That sounded worrisome to have it for this long. It must have been quite a whallop . That wears you out having headaches for that long,doesn't it ? I'm glad they finally got you something to take for it .

This will be a nice time for you to have a few days off work so you will have extra time to rest up .

Your pizza sure sounded good. Now it makes me hungry for pizza tonite .

Hi Marisa

wow, those new electronic gadgets always seem to have lots of "accessories" to add on to them . I hope it works well. I have never known anyone whose ipad screen broke, but I have heard of the kindle screens breaking before .

Sorry your patient had to cancel,but it seems the time of year for little kids to get sick,doesn't it ?

Good luck on getting more time for the afghan. How far done on it would you say you are ? You still have maybe 8 or 9 days or so,right ?

And yep, Cam is funny . He thought this one up all on his own .I thought he did quite well for coming up with that good a trick out of the blue.

Jude

Yep, I'm hoping Cam will have lots of good memories of being here . I keep thinking he will stop coming up one of these days,now that he is getting older ,he will make new friends and get too old to hang out with his old mam and pap,but so far, he is regular as clockwork. I always let him call if he WANTS to come up. I don't want to make him think he has to or like it's a chore and expected ,so it's always good to know he still likes coming up. I don't quite know WHY he likes it here so much. It's actually quite boring and quiet,but Sam says it's because it's a stable place for him. He was pretty much raised here his entire baby and toddler years til school started,and we have always lived in the same place,so maybe he feels it's like being HOME . He even calls it home when he is here .

Hi there Christy

How are you ? Sounds like you have a fun houseful today(except one is sick .. that's not fun) Enjoy them little kids, they help make you feel young .

What color scarf are you going to make ?

Hello everyone. I had to go back to work today, but it was really quiet. The unit is full, but there wasn't much going on.

Julie, that story about Cam taping Sam to his chair and then taping a peanut butter sandwich to his face was hilarious. And it sounds like Sam was really a good sport about it!

We went to an interesting place for dinner last night. It was a pizza "buffet", but what they do, is they let your table order as many pizzas as you want. When they are ready they bring them to your table, give you however many slices you want and then take the leftovers around to other tables. Pizzas ordered by other tables are also offered to you if they don't want the entire pizza. I managed to try barbecued chicken pizza, margarita pizza, meat lovers pizza, vegetarian pizza, loaded baked potato pizza, (surprisingly good), taco pizza, blueberry cobbler pizza and caramel apple pizza. Maybe more, I can't remember. The pieces are small, and DD and I shared each piece so we could try a lot of different ones. We went with friends and both families agreed that we would go there again.

DD and dsil and the grandsons are coming for dinner tonight and opening gifts finally. The little boys must be driving DD crazy, wanting to get their gifts. DS is cooking dinner as his gift to the family. Evidently, he went out and bought steak as I see it marinating in the refrigerator. He has even set the table. (this is unusual behaviour for ds, whose idea of gracious living is take-out on a paper plate.)

Hello everyone. I had to go back to work today, but it was really quiet. The unit is full, but there wasn't much going on.

Julie, that story about Cam taping Sam to his chair and then taping a peanut butter sandwich to his face was hilarious. And it sounds like Sam was really a good sport about it!

We went to an interesting place for dinner last night. It was a pizza "buffet", but what they do, is they let your table order as many pizzas as you want. When they are ready they bring them to your table, give you however many slices you want and then take the leftovers around to other tables. Pizzas ordered by other tables are also offered to you if they don't want the entire pizza. I managed to try barbecued chicken pizza, margarita pizza, meat lovers pizza, vegetarian pizza, loaded baked potato pizza, (surprisingly good), taco pizza, blueberry cobbler pizza and caramel apple pizza. Maybe more, I can't remember. The pieces are small, and DD and I shared each piece so we could try a lot of different ones. We went with friends and both families agreed that we would go there again.

DD and dsil and the grandsons are coming for dinner tonight and opening gifts finally. The little boys must be driving DD crazy, wanting to get their gifts. DS is cooking dinner as his gift to the family. Evidently, he went out and bought steak as I see it marinating in the refrigerator. He has even set the table. (this is unusual behaviour for ds, whose idea of gracious living is take-out on a paper plate.)

Hi Cindy

Yep, it was pretty funny when we taped Sam to his chair. He tried SO hard not to move or laugh . He's so laid back he never gets flustered about anything ,good or bad . He said the worst part of it was the peanut butter smell . He will eat ANYTHING except peanut butter .

That pizza place you went sounds so neat. Never heard of a place like that .

Sounds like you will have a good time tonite,having a nice dinner cooked for you . Enjoy !

We are an airport with paper airplanes right now! Hoping to finish a scarf today for my younger dd's bf

Paper planes...what a great idea! Reminds me of my childhood:yes

Jude

Yep, I'm hoping Cam will have lots of good memories of being here . I keep thinking he will stop coming up one of these days,now that he is getting older ,he will make new friends and get too old to hang out with his old mam and pap,but so far, he is regular as clockwork. I always let him call if he WANTS to come up. I don't want to make him think he has to or like it's a chore and expected ,so it's always good to know he still likes coming up. I don't quite know WHY he likes it here so much. It's actually quite boring and quiet,but Sam says it's because it's a stable place for him. He was pretty much raised here his entire baby and toddler years til school started,and we have always lived in the same place,so maybe he feels it's like being HOME . He even calls it home when he is here .

Kids seem to like the familiar... Moths ago I asked my soon to be 18 yo goddaughter if she wanted to chage what we do for our Christmas/Birthday celebration and she said: "No. It's tradition!" too sweet.

this is wehre we went to eat breakfast and we sat on the left, in the section with all the big windows on the right side

http://theturningpoint.biz/Locations/Holmdel

I love thatnew twist on a pizza place!

have agreat time!

'nite all!:hug:manyheart

Hello.

Just a quick pop in because it has been a longgggg exhausting day.

Julie~Taping Sam to a chair is hysterical even if you did tell. :lol Cam is getting so big and so quick too. :yes

Pregnancy Update: Had an US & the Dr has informed me the baby is NOT head down.....he is breech, so I am in the process of scheduling a C-section. :eek I was suppose to iron out the details today when I went in, but the Dr. did not show up so my appt was pointless. :angry The anxiety & frustration is rising on top of the stress I have been having in my personal life due to Hubby being out on disability with NO disability checks since Sept 27th. I'm so tired of fighting through the storm.....can't anything be simple. :think So, on top of having a baby i'm trying to figure out how to keep a roof over my other 4 kids head for the month of January. :bang

Sorry about the rant......But it felt good to get it out. ;)

Anywhoo, I hope you all are doing well & I will pop back in as soon as I have a date or just to say hello when I have some energy. Love ya all, take care. :ghug

Hi all,

Thanks for the laugh, Julie!! That Cam is definitely your grandson!!! What a hoot!!! I'm sure he loves coming to your place as it is 'home' to him! You are lucky that he wants to keep coming--he knows how much you love him and Sam is right- it's a nice, stable environment- It warms my heart- and I hope I can have such a great relationship with Ryan!

Judy- I love Turning Point!!! We've gone to the one in Manalapan and the one in Holmdel and have taken my DD's there as well. It's great! Kids do like "tradition"--it was kind of cute when my middle DD went shopping with her sister for her holiday get together and she came back and said guess what I got? I'll give you a hint--it's green. Immediately I said, Andes Candies! She said she always remembers going to Grandma's house (my mom) for holidays and she always had a dish of Andes candies out!

Linda- Enjoy your quiet time with just the dogs at home! It'll be nice to have some friend time with Rosie too!!

Tab- I'm so sorry that things have been so rough for you! I had 3 C-sections- and who knows- maybe the little one will do a somersault in your belly and flip around? One can hope--

Cindy- Enjoy your Christmas celebration tonight! That's nice of DS to cook a special dinner for the family as a gift!!

Cindy- Wow- I'm exhausted thinking about 5 little kids running around!! Hope the little one with the flu is starting to feel better!

Marisa- Too bad that your patient had to cancel-- have a good hair cut tonight!

Had a very busy day--and now I'm home and dinner is almost ready- Have a good night

I don't have a screen protector on my iPad either---but I do have a case for it.

Judy- In case you didn't know, tomorrow Rutgers plays the Pinstripe Bowl at 3:30 at Yankee Stadium- so upset that I'll be at work till 4:30- hopefully I'll get to see most of the 2nd half!

Hi, again. Rosie and John made it home about 5:30. I had just finished letting Tillie out when they pulled up and was able to open the door for them. They took me out to dinner with them to O'Charley's where we had fried fish. Very, very good.

I spent a good bit of the afternoon rearranging the material on my material shelving. I'm almost done. While I was at it, I found a pattern for a quilt I had picked out to do a while back. Modified the pattern a bit to make it more pleasing to me. Will do most of it in the oriental fabrics. Rosie and I may start picking them out tomorrow. Will have to get some plain black to use as small borders around all the blocks that make up the pattern.

Hello.

Just a quick pop in because it has been a longgggg exhausting day.

Pregnancy Update: Had an US & the Dr has informed me the baby is NOT head down.....he is breech, so I am in the process of scheduling a C-section. :eek I was suppose to iron out the details today when I went in, but the Dr. did not show up so my appt was pointless. :angry The anxiety & frustration is rising on top of the stress I have been having in my personal life due to Hubby being out on disability with NO disability checks since Sept 27th. I'm so tired of fighting through the storm.....can't anything be simple. :think So, on top of having a baby i'm trying to figure out how to keep a roof over my other 4 kids head for the month of January. :bang

Sorry about the rant......But it felt good to get it out. ;)

Anywhoo, I hope you all are doing well & I will pop back in as soon as I have a date or just to say hello when I have some energy. Love ya all, take care. :ghug

You are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Morning folks

Jude

Yea, I think kids do like tradition and knowing they will have the same event in the same place each year. That looks like a nice place to go with your god-daughter .

Tab

Sorry things are so rough for you right now. Things can only improve when they get to a certain level,don't you think ? Hopefully the baby will reposition himself before time, but if not, c-section is more convenient in one way .I would have gladly had one when I had my kids. I went to a couple hick Dr's who didnt believe in pain meds of any kind ,and after 21 hours of labor, I would have done my c-section myself if they would have brought me a food tray with a plastic knife on it .

We'll be thinking of you --keep us updated .

Joanne

Sounds like you are still into sports . I havent kept track at all,but are any of your favorite football teams in the final wildcard spots ? All I know is that Cleveland is every bit as bad as usual,so we dont get too enthused here with NFL .

Linda

I'm glad your friends made it home so you'd have someone to call if your head starts misbehaving . Sounds like you had a good dinner with them,and will have a new pretty quilt to begin soon .

Hi Julie, it is just a plain (hdc) red scarf. Kinda repititous, looking forward to getting back to my graph ghan soon.

Judy, the airplanes were fun. Now they are all sitting around a coffee. Can of crayons, plenty of printer paper, creating their own books. :)

Good Morning everyone! Have a good day, mine will be :rain

'morning, peeps!

Judy- I love Turning Point!!! We've gone to the one in Manalapan and the one in Holmdel and have taken my DD's there as well. It's great! Kids do like "tradition"--it was kind of cute when my middle DD went shopping with her sister for her holiday get together and she came back and said guess what I got? I'll give you a hint--it's green. Immediately I said, Andes Candies! She said she always remembers going to Grandma's house (my mom) for holidays and she always had a dish of Andes candies out!

We also go to Barnes and Noble, next door. Been doing that since she was 4! I let her get what she wants and she's never once abused that open-ended invitation. Now she loves to cook and bake, so she had me looking in the cookbook aisles with her. She's a good influence: I'm no domestic goddess, but I ended up with a cookbook that looks like I may actually use!:lol

Judy- In case you didn't know, tomorrow Rutgers plays the Pinstripe Bowl at 3:30 at Yankee Stadium- so upset that I'll be at work till 4:30- hopefully I'll get to see most of the 2nd half!

Hubby told me ablut the game...here's hoping they do as well as the basketball team did yesterday (day before:think) when they beat the 10 seeded team in double overtime!

I saw them....too cute!

Tab, you'll all be in my thoughts and prayers...all I can say is, if this kid isn't good to you when he gets older just tell him about all you've gone through for him!:hug:manyheart:hug

Off I go: time to get the dog fur off the carpetting on the stairs.:P

Good morning. I guess it's a really good thing that I didn't go with John & Kim. This morning the dogs woke me up early. I went in the bathroom and stepped on a sopping wet rug. After determining that it didn't seem to be coming from the john or the sink, went searching for the source. It's wasn't raining outside, but sounded like it inside. It was wet in that corner of the space under the house and when I accidently stepped in it it was warm. The water heater had sprung a leak and water was spraying sideways out of the side of it. Turned off the water. Just now called to get service on it only to find out that the service plan was cancelled. Put in a call to John and am now waiting to hear what is going on with that. Of course it would happen when I'm the only one home, but on the other hand it's a good thing I was home. At the rate it was spraying out of the thing we'd have gone through a LOT of water by the time they get home on Saturday. A lot more damage would have been done. :yes Could be lots worse. Not sure I can face a cold shower though. :no

Good Morning, Ladies. :) It's a bit noisy this morning...we're having our back privacy fence replaced due to not so great neighbors and this time it will be 8 feet instead of 6. :lol

Tabby ~ Lots of hugs from me, too. :hug So sorry you're having to cope with so many things at once. :hug Always remember we're here for you.

Linda ~ Oh, not a fun way to start the day! :no Yes, it's lucky you're there and I'm so glad you didn't slip or fall. Our water heater is in a closet in the garage so when it leaked and died a few years ago, at least all the water was in the garage! Great news that Rosie and John are back. :yes

Judy ~ Your new CAL is already a huge success! :clap

Julie ~ Hi! Cam is so good looking! Loved the story about "Duct tape Sam." :lol I was so happy to read that you've been crocheting a little lately. :hook

Hi Christi! You are so brave. :wink Five grandkids 8 and under! It sounds like they're having lots of fun with Grandma. :manyheart

Hi to everyone at the House! Have a good morning. :)

Good morning ladies :hi

Pretty busy here in the house. Last night I got my hair cut and it feels wonderful, it really needed to be 'debulked' since it was grown in and feeling kind of shaggy :lol

I worked on my graph ghan and made it to the stopping point I wanted to reach of the row where I had to add the last set of lettering for 'motor' :clap

Today I went by sheetz to get bfast on my way to work and to play the number for tonight and they took 20 minutes to make my bfast :eek and then it wasn't even right :angry I didn't take it back because it had already been so long and I was just hungry! I think I'll send in an email to complain though. They had 5 people working back there and they were sending out like an order every 5 minutes and there's was only one larger order :think They've been good up until now so I don't know what was going on today :shrug

Christi - Wow, I bet those grandkids are keeping you busy. I remember how I used to love making paper airplanes :yes

Julie - I'm probably about 2/3 done with the graph ghan, minus the border and yep, I have about 8-9 days yet to work on it :yes His birthday is acutally on the 3rd, but the party is next saturday evening. As for the ipad screen....my sister is a walking disaster and she knows it :lol However, my mom dropped hers about a week or 2 after she got the new one and got a crack through the center of the screen. It was a morning they were driving out here. So when they were here it kept freezing when my dad would use the internet so we went to the Apple store here and we learned that it wasn't freezing because of the crack, but because all of the applications were still running in the background when you hit the home button to close them, which we didn't know. So once we learned that the freezing stopped. While we were there they looked at the screen and when they took it out of her case (nice fluffy leather type) the whole corner was shattered beyond belief :eek So they couldn't fix it, but pulled up my dad's account and ended up completely replacing it free of charge. Initially they said it would cost a couple hundred to replace the glass, then he looked up my dad's account and went to talk to someone when he came out and said he was given permission to swap it out. My thought is because my dad gets deals on these things through work as incentives from another guy that he does alot of their ordering from so anyways, the stuff that gets ordered all goes through my dad, so it looks like he personally had bought alot from them :think Not sure if all that made sense, but there it is :lol I'm not so bad with stuff, but like the piece of mind to know if something goes across the screen that just the protector will get scratched instead of the glass. It's not so much a 'breaking' issue for myself :no

Cindy - Glad to hear that your day back to work wasn't hectic for you. How nice of DS to cook as his gift, it sounds wonderful....I love steak :drool And the pizza buffet sounds awesome. I've gone to the pizza hut buffet, but it's not like that :no However, my parents go frequently so the guy in charge usually comes out and asks them if they want him to put out anything specific :lol

Judy - How nice to continue spending time with your goddaughter :manyheart I always like tradition too :yes There's just so much comfort in it and it's 'yours'....something that the 2 of you share together and that holds a special place in both your hearts :yes

Joanne - My head feels lighter :lol

Linda - WTG getting your material organized. Sorry to hear about the water heater, but like you said it's a good thing you were there :yes I hope it all works out. I say either skip your shower today or head over to Rosie's :wink

Mary - How's the fence coming along? It's annoying when neighbors are disrespectful :(

Tab - The chiropractor in me immediately wants to tell you that there's a 'Webster Breech Technique' that you may want to look into since it's still early enough. I don't know if you've ever been to a chiropractor, but this is a specialized series of things to do that are completely non invasive that allows the baby to free up and finish turning. I know many people who have had success and were able to deliver naturally. It's just a suggestion for you and I'm attaching a link with some information to the chiropractic pediatric association. I think you'd even be able to search for a doc that has been certified through their program in your area. I've taken the courses but have not tested for the certification. If you let me know where in New York you are, I may even be able to recommend someone. Since I went to school in up state, many of my schoolmates are throughout the state :yes

I hope it all works out ok for you :hug :hug :hug

http://icpa4kids.com/about/webster_technique.htm

Good morning. I guess it's a really good thing that I didn't go with John & Kim. This morning the dogs woke me up early. I went in the bathroom and stepped on a sopping wet rug. After determining that it didn't seem to be coming from the john or the sink, went searching for the source. It's wasn't raining outside, but sounded like it inside. It was wet in that corner of the space under the house and when I accidently stepped in it it was warm. The water heater had sprung a leak and water was spraying sideways out of the side of it. Turned off the water. Just now called to get service on it only to find out that the service plan was cancelled. Put in a call to John and am now waiting to hear what is going on with that. Of course it would happen when I'm the only one home, but on the other hand it's a good thing I was home. At the rate it was spraying out of the thing we'd have gone through a LOT of water by the time they get home on Saturday. A lot more damage would have been done. :yes Could be lots worse. Not sure I can face a cold shower though. :no

It's always something! And from experience (water main break) you DON'T want to take a cold shower...I thought my heart would stop when my shower suddenly ran cold:lol

Good Morning, Ladies. :) It's a bit noisy this morning...we're having our back privacy fence replaced due to not so great neighbors and this time it will be 8 feet instead of 6. :lol

Our neighbor's trashly back yard is why we got our big privacy fence...and don't yopu know it, there is so much crap in their yard that within 2 months the mowing company they use kicked up something big because I found a hole in the fence and shattered pieces of plasctic almost halfway across the yard! TG none of us were out there.....and the hole isn't huge....

Judy ~ Your new CAL is already a huge success! :clap

Yup...looks like I touched a nerve:lol

Good morning ladies :hi

Pretty busy here in the house. Last night I got my hair cut and it feels wonderful, it really needed to be 'debulked' since it was grown in and feeling kind of shaggy :lolI just got another trim...and love my short "do"...so easy and "sassy";)

I worked on my graph ghan and made it to the stopping point I wanted to reach of the row where I had to add the last set of lettering for 'motor' :clap

that's great!

Today I went by sheetz to get bfast on my way to work and to play the number for tonight and they took 20 minutes to make my bfast :eek and then it wasn't even right :angry I didn't take it back because it had already been so long and I was just hungry! I think I'll send in an email to complain though. They had 5 people working back there and they were sending out like an order every 5 minutes and there's was only one larger order :think They've been good up until now so I don't know what was going on today :shrug

Too much partying the night before??:think

Christi - Wow, I bet those grandkids are keeping you busy. I remember how I used to love making paper airplanes :yes

Judy - How nice to continue spending time with your goddaughter :manyheart I always like tradition too :yes There's just so much comfort in it and it's 'yours'....something that the 2 of you share together and that holds a special place in both your hearts :yes

I think she particularly likes these times because she's the 3rd child in a very busy family of 4 kids! I had a wonderful godmother who did things like that for me and I just naturally started doing the same thing when it was my turn.

Archived