JulieKay

Our House Part Two

Linda, glad you are feeling a bit better. Glad you were able to make the pizza a little better too.

I had a busy day today, cleaning, laundry and running errands. I got all the stuff I still needed for Christmas and wrapped the last of the gifts. (And talk about busy out there,, seems that everyone was out and about today!)

Tab, sorry to hear Jaden is sick. Hang in there!

It was crazy busy when I went to the stores after work-- CRAZY!!! I ended up going into PetSmart-got the gift, then wanted to look for some shirts that DH requested and the store was so crowded, I walked around and walked out---guess what? he's getting a gift card and he can go shopping after Christmas!!!:lol

:hi Hi everyone! I've really missed you all but there has been so much going on and I'm finally up to posting again. I had surgery last week to remove a mass on my right ovary and they removed part of my tube as well. Won't know until next week what it was. I had been experiencing increasing pain on that side and finally ended up have 3 ultrasounds, ct scan and more bloodwork than I thought possible:( I managed to go to work up until last week and then was back on Sunday. I am off now until Jan 2.:cheer In the midst of all this was the funeral for bf's grandfather and the clean-up of his house. There is no way to describe what that was like:eek They were collecters and had more knick-knacks than I thought was humanly possible. There was literally thousands of dollars worth of carnival glass, ceramic animals, glass shoes....the list goes on and on. It was quite an experience!

I have read back on everyone's posts and there is just too much to catch up on but I just want everyone to know that I have been thinking of you all and hope the holidays bring you happiness and cheer!

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart to you all!

Good morning!

Trish-Hope you have a speedy recovery and the results of the biopsy are negative! Seems like you have been having quite the time of it!!! Enjoy the time off work. I can totally relate having to clean out someone's house. After my Dad passed, we (me and my siblings) had to clean out my parents house (where they had lived since I was 3) I vowed then that I would never accumulate the amount of 'stuff' that they did!!! It was not fun!

Wishing you all a good day- another busy one for me--seems to be a recurring theme anymore--busy, busy, busy!!!! Looking forward to a nice weekend between Christmas eve, Christmas and then Monday off to do nothing if that's what I want to do!

Howdy ladies

As usual, I am about 17 pages behind on posts, so no way to reply to them all .

I do want to say I hope you are ok now Linda. Wow, that would have been a scarey fall, with everything falling on top of you too . It sounds like you are feeling a bit better now .

Also Trish .hope your biopsy comes back fine . The waiting for things like that is the worst part, isn't it ? It'd be better to hear the answer immediately, but I dont think they are able to test things that quickly .

Tab

Hang in there, you are on the home stretch now . As for the boys , I wouldnt be too concerned that they dont seem that enthused about a new brother. I think that is typical of boys at that age group. If they were girls, theyd be all excited to hold it and take care of it,but boys of your ages probably have lots of other things on their minds than having a new baby in the house .

A big shout out to everyone else ... sorry I'm out of the loop about replying to a gazillion posts . I used to be on the ball with it but not so much anymore .

We are ready for Christmas -- it'll be a quiet one here for us,but it's ok . We're kinda used to it now. Cam will be here tomorrow with us,but they have plans for the holiday,so we won't get to see him then . Between Steph's family and her boyfriend's family, they get stretched pretty thin ,but it's ok . I understand ,life moves on and we have to move with it .

Didnt do any baking this year. Sam is on a diet and I do not need cookies myself,so we'll do fine without them. I need to stop and get Cam some frosted ones from the bakery today.

He said the funniest thing a couple weeks ago. I was going to the grocery and asked him if he wanted me to get him anything special to eat when he came up ,and he asked for frosted cookies in a white bag that I got from a FACTORY . :think

I kept trying to figure out what he meant until I thought of the BAKERY .

So , I got him some last week and will go pick him up some more today .

In case I dont drop back in before Christmas, may I wish you all a wonderful day ~~~:ctree

One last check in before heading out for the night. I'm stopping at Subway to pick up sandwiches for my sister and I and then we're going out for Banjo night :D Yep, you read that right....banjo night!!!! We haven't gone since I've been here, but I guess they do xmas songs right before the holiday :clap:yay Too bad her bf has to work and can't join us :(

I spent probably about 2 hours on the phone with SIL today about yarns and hooks. Then again while she was at the store :whew What a work out :lol But she got some hooks and darning needles. Each of the boys and herself got a ball of cotton for dishcloths and a skein of RHSS each for practicing/learning with. Each with their favorite colors :clap:yay

See y'all on the flip side

Oh, I texted Joanne to remind her to stop at Petsmart :devil I hope I wasn't too late. And my phones about to die, so Joanne if you text me back....I may not get it until later :sigh

Today has been a much better day than yesterday. I've been able to crochet all afternoon. Finished a preemie afghan (including hiding the tails,) and down to the last 5 rows on the large RR. Yay, me! :yay

Hello.

Just a quick pop in because it's been a longgg day & i'm exhausted. Jaden is sick with 103.4 temp and I had a day full of Dr.'s appt, blood work, & an ultrasound. Everything is good, baby Elijah is head down and over 5lbs. Just waiting on some bloodwork to see if I have cholestasis or not. I will keep ya'll posted, but for now i'm beat & off to bed.

Good night all. :ghug

There is no place better than Brooklyn to get pizza --and NJ--since so many "Brooklyn-ites" have migrated to Jersey and set up "shop".My DD in Boston agrees that there is no pizza like the pizza she grew up with--and bagels too!!!:lol She usually takes some bagels back with her and every time I go up I bring a dozen- and she freezes them.

This is our favorite place...2 minutes from the house...and transplants from Brookly

http://www.deninospizzaplace.com/

TrishH -I hope the results are good...and happy for you the surgery is behind you.

And emtying a house is the pits. We hired someone. At our age and being an hour away my inlaws house would have been horrendous to empty, esp since most of their stuff truly was junk.

Jules the things Cam says are too cute...glad you figured it out about the cookies!

We're having a quiet Christmas, too, which is fine with us. We had lots of years that were the opposite and we welcome the change. Have a wonderful day, my friend:hug

Off to get the laundry done, etc...

Have a great day everyone!:hug:manyheart

...oooops...the pizza place is from Staten Island (another of the boroughs of NYC)....to us, it's Brooklyn anyway:lol

Good morning everyone. It's another dreary, cloudy, drippy day, but warm. We are supposed to break the record form back in the 1800's for the warmest day on record today if it gets as warm as they're predicting. It's supposed to be over 70. :eek

The top of my head is still very sore and tender, but other than that I am feeling well. Just 3 1/2 rows left on the RR. Made lots of progress on it yesterday.

Hello.

Just a quick pop in because it's been a longgg day & i'm exhausted. Jaden is sick with 103.4 temp and I had a day full of Dr.'s appt, blood work, & an ultrasound. Everything is good, baby Elijah is head down and over 5lbs. Just waiting on some bloodwork to see if I have cholestasis or not. I will keep ya'll posted, but for now i'm beat & off to bed.

Good night all. :ghug

Good news on Elijah. Hope that Jaden is feeling much better today. Hope that it's not cholestasis or that if it is the Jaden puts in his appearance earlier rather than later. It might explain why you are having such a rough time now.

There is no place better than Brooklyn to get pizza --and NJ--since so many "Brooklyn-ites" have migrated to Jersey and set up "shop".My DD in Boston agrees that there is no pizza like the pizza she grew up with--and bagels too!!!:lol She usually takes some bagels back with her and every time I go up I bring a dozen- and she freezes them.

Haven't had Jersey pizza, but it sounds delicious! I know that the one time I was in New York City their New York cheesecake really was the best I've ever tasted.

It was crazy busy when I went to the stores after work-- CRAZY!!! I ended up going into PetSmart-got the gift, then wanted to look for some shirts that DH requested and the store was so crowded, I walked around and walked out---guess what? he's getting a gift card and he can go shopping after Christmas!!!:lol

Hey, nothing wrong with that. They may even be cheaper then.

:hi Hi everyone! I've really missed you all but there has been so much going on and I'm finally up to posting again. I had surgery last week to remove a mass on my right ovary and they removed part of my tube as well. Won't know until next week what it was. I had been experiencing increasing pain on that side and finally ended up have 3 ultrasounds, ct scan and more bloodwork than I thought possible:( I managed to go to work up until last week and then was back on Sunday. I am off now until Jan 2.:cheer In the midst of all this was the funeral for bf's grandfather and the clean-up of his house. There is no way to describe what that was like:eek They were collecters and had more knick-knacks than I thought was humanly possible. There was literally thousands of dollars worth of carnival glass, ceramic animals, glass shoes....the list goes on and on. It was quite an experience!

I have read back on everyone's posts and there is just too much to catch up on but I just want everyone to know that I have been thinking of you all and hope the holidays bring you happiness and cheer!

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart to you all!

Hi, Trish! Sorry you had to have surgery and hope the results come back okay. You never know what you'll find when you clean out someone else's house after they are gone. When my great-aunt died we found big portraits of her grandparents, my great-great-grandparents, from England. No one knew that she had them.

Wishing you all a good day- another busy one for me--seems to be a recurring theme anymore--busy, busy, busy!!!! Looking forward to a nice weekend between Christmas eve, Christmas and then Monday off to do nothing if that's what I want to do!

Hope you have a wonderful time on your days off.

Howdy ladies

As usual, I am about 17 pages behind on posts, so no way to reply to them all .

A big shout out to everyone else ... sorry I'm out of the loop about replying to a gazillion posts . I used to be on the ball with it but not so much anymore .

We are ready for Christmas -- it'll be a quiet one here for us,but it's ok . We're kinda used to it now. Cam will be here tomorrow with us,but they have plans for the holiday,so we won't get to see him then . Between Steph's family and her boyfriend's family, they get stretched pretty thin ,but it's ok . I understand ,life moves on and we have to move with it .

Didnt do any baking this year. Sam is on a diet and I do not need cookies myself,so we'll do fine without them. I need to stop and get Cam some frosted ones from the bakery today.

He said the funniest thing a couple weeks ago. I was going to the grocery and asked him if he wanted me to get him anything special to eat when he came up ,and he asked for frosted cookies in a white bag that I got from a FACTORY . :think

I kept trying to figure out what he meant until I thought of the BAKERY .

So , I got him some last week and will go pick him up some more today .

In case I dont drop back in before Christmas, may I wish you all a wonderful day ~~~:ctree

Why is it that some bakery cookies are so much better than what I can come up with? Not all, but some. Good to hear from you, Julie.

Have a great day everyone. :hug Catch you all later. :manyheart

Good morning everyone. It's another dreary, cloudy, drippy day, but warm. We are supposed to break the record form back in the 1800's for the warmest day on record today if it gets as warm as they're predicting. It's supposed to be over 70. :eekwe have Spring here, too - though it's probably in the 60's for us...nuts! I'm in a dither over whether or not to treat the pups with Frontline Plus again!:think

The top of my head is still very sore and tender, but other than that I am feeling well. Just 3 1/2 rows left on the RR. Made lots of progress on it yesterday.

:yay:yay

Haven't had Jersey pizza, but it sounds delicious! I know that the one time I was in New York City their New York cheesecake really was the best I've ever tasted.

You've got that right!:yes

Have a great day everyone. :hug Catch you all later. :manyheart

you too!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

We had fun out last night, but then I didn't sleep very well :( I kept waking up every hour, but finally got some good sleep from 5:30 - 9:30 so at least it was something. Then after my bfast I packed my bag to take to my parents and straightened up my yarn and decided what was going home with me for the weekend. I'm trying to keep everything fairly minimal since it's 3 of us in the car and you never know what my parents have for us to bring back :think

I stopped for gas on way in and got a sandwich for lunch, which I just finished and it was pretty yummy :drool

Linda - Glad to hear your feeling better and made progress on your rr yesterday :clap

Tab - I hope Jaden is feeling better today :hug And that all is well with you :hug

Cindy - You sure were busy, but at least you got everything done :yay

Joanne - :yay for stopping at petsmart :wink I must say that I miss the bagels out there too, when I lived in long island I think I was eating bagels every day....now anywhere I got, they're just not the same. And when a place advertises NY style bagels and you go in and see the little pipsqueek things they got there...it just makes you wonder :think

Trish - I hope you're doing well after your surgery and I'll keep you in my prayers while your recovering and waiting for the results :hug :hug :hug

Julie - Cam is too funny :lol

Judy - Your pizza place looks quite yummy :drool I'm not the best judge because I just like pizza and am not very picky. I tend to go to the local places and I have 1 or 2 fav places from each place I lived, but can't really pick an overall one. I think it depends on my mood :think:shrug

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I might be back to post some pics....I remembered my camera today :clap:yay

OK ladies, here are some pics.....

Our fingerless mitts that are for the stockings for me, my mom, and my sister's are the layers ones.

My ugly but warm hat that Joanne's been making millions of :wink I made it for the Steeler's night game we went to a couple weeks ago.

A throw that I made for a housewarming party maybe about a monthish ago.

And, my dog tissue box cover I picked up last weekend :lol

post-36814-135897720568_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897720572_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897720576_thumb.jpg

post-36814-135897720579_thumb.jpg

Marisa, your projects are beautiful. I don't know which item I like best. At first glance it was the throw, then the fingerless gloves, then.....

As for the dog tissue cover, it reminds me of the pound puppy toys my kids used to play with.

Linda, I am glad you are feeling some better.

Trish, sorry to hear that you needed surgery. Hope the results come in soon, and that they are good.

Hi Julie, Judy, Marlene, Mary, Shannon, Dusti, Joanne, Tab, Christi, Phyllis, and anyone I missed. (my memory isn't always the best!)

Tam???? Hope you are all coping. I think of you every day, and pray for all of you.

As for pizza, I've never had pizza anywhere but right here in Michigan. My children's friends always said that my dh's homemade pizza was the best. (I'm partial to takeout from the Italian place that is about a mile away, but we won't mention that to my dh!). Never had real new York bagels either, so I don't know what I am missing. (I like the bagels from the local bakery)

I've spent most of the day sewing and doing house work. I have one more load of laundry to do too. I made a tote bag for oldest dd and a couple of earbud pouches. (one for me, and the other for whoever wants it.) Dh made me some leather handles for the tote bag and I really like how that worked. He says they are easy for him to make and he often has leftover bits of leather. I have another neck pillow cut out and waiting to be sewn together too.

We hope to leave early tomorrow morning for my parents. I will be working on oldest DD's cowl, other DD's hat and a knit scarf while we are there.

OK ladies, here are some pics.....

Our fingerless mitts that are for the stockings for me, my mom, and my sister's are the layers ones.

My ugly but warm hat that Joanne's been making millions of :wink I made it for the Steeler's night game we went to a couple weeks ago.

A throw that I made for a housewarming party maybe about a monthish ago.

And, my dog tissue box cover I picked up last weekend :lol

Love them all, especially the puppy tissue box cover. :lol

The rain they've been forecasting for four days started around 4:45 this afternoon. And there are some tornado watches out in the area. So far all we've had is a little thunder and some steady rain.

Marisa, I love your work - in particualr the throw....where did you get the pattern?

Have a great time with your parents over Christmas....

And a very Merry Christmas - early - in case some are travelling and will be off line.

CU all tomorrow!:manyheart:manyheart

This weeks sewing projects; 3 relaxing neck pillows, two ear-bud cases, some eye shades for DD, and a tote bag.

post-6189-135897720602_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897720606_thumb.jpg

post-6189-13589772061_thumb.jpg

This weeks sewing projects; 3 relaxing neck pillows, two ear-bud cases, some eye shades for DD, and a tote bag.

Beautiful!

I'm heading downstairs. Goodnight everyone. :hug

Hi Ladies, I'm just flying in and out to bed. Super tired tonight. I'll catch you tomorrow.

Good morning!

Marisa and Cindy- love all our projects!!!! That UBW hat looks great on your Marisa! Safe travels today!

I sewed the lining into 8 SBT's last night! Like Judy is fond of saying, it was kind of "zen-like"--I just got in the rhythm of doing it. I sure hope my co-workers like them! Also finished the scarf I started the other night.

A busy day today, but we do have a holiday luncheon to break up the day- it would be super nice if we got out early---but I have a feeling that won't happen---but nothing wrong with hoping for it!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning everyone., We will be heading out in a few minutes to visit my family for a few days. I will likely check in from there, but it will be from my Nook and I don't like posting from it, so I may not say anything.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning Ladies,

I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up at 5:15 and decided to check in here first and catch up.

Linda, What a nasty fall you took. Glad your feeling better. I did that once hanging blinds up by myself and standing on a chair I had no business standing on. I ended up with a consussion. Wasn't much fun. Shame your pizza wasn't very good. Your making great progress with your wip. Hope your not in the path of the storms that went through down there.

Christi, We have taken care of one of are granddaughters Maya full time for the last three years she is 5 now so she is in school. Her Mom is a single Mom and for us it is much easier to help this way. Now my son is getting a divorce and he is living with us. Hardly know he is here he's so quiet. I couldn't see what you were posting.

Shannon, Good luck with your book. Great news about your son. Good luck with your mil.

Mary, Cute pic of Luke! Were leaving monday morning.

Judy, Great pic of the dogs.

Cindy, Safe travels to see your parents. Great job on the lovely gifts you made. We are leaving monday morning.

Julie, Love the story from Cam and his cookie factory. Going to share it with are friend who use to own a bakery. I bet he had a little boy or girl who thought the same thing. We'll be seeing him today. I'm making potato soup and they love it so I told them I would make some before we go Texas.

Trish, Sorry you had to have surgery. Hope your feeling better now. Hope you get good results from the test. Will put in my prayers. My hubby likes carnival glass. We have a few pieces. He collects frogs, use to collect deer pictures we have those all on a wall. He tries to say he's going to get decorate are trialer with these to and I put a halt to that. One house is enough.

Tab, Hope Jaden is felling better now and that the rest of you don't get sick to. Hope all is okay with you. The boys will get more excited when the baby is born.

Marisa, Safe travels to your parents. Great job on all your projects. The dog kleenex cover is so cute. How nice to have your nephew want to learn to crochet and make some things for his aunt. Your a big influence even though you live so many miles away.

Joanne, Hope your work day goes by fast and you get out early. At least you will have a nice break at lunch time. :clap for the three day weekend.

It's been a busy week here this week. We got to see Payton & Jocelyn tuesday night. They are in Florida now. They were on there way and dil called and said she would meet us where we have met up before.

Hubby had to pickup his second hearing aid (the insurance only pays for one at a time every two years) so we spent the night with my sister. Then we went shopping most of the day looking for my gift. Visited with my Mom and gave her, her gift. Then we met my sister, hubby's brother and sil and another couple for dinner. It got to be very late so we stayed another night with my sister and came home yesterday morning. I spent the day packing things. Trying to decide what to take in the crochet line. I always take projects but never get to them all. Today I have to track down the remotes to the tv and vcr. We have always left them but last year the one to the tv didn't work so we brought them home and I know where I put them but there not there. Hubby put some totes in the garage from Texas so I hope that is where they are as I have a busy day today. Making potato soup today, some cookies not sure what kind so Maya can leave them for Santa (were picking her up tomorrow), peanut butter fudge so I can give some to MIL (she can't make it any more) and give some to SD's family.

Tomorrow is a full day to. Hopefully were picking up a new cholesterol medicine at walmart. One hubby was taking the drug co. sent are doctor a letter and said if your taking 40mgs stop taking them. It can cause problems with the liver. So we try to get Liptor and the insurance co. doesn't want to give it to us. I've been on the phone with them twice this week and the doctors office twice also. I finally told the doctor to either give him back the medicine he was on (he's taken it for years with no problems and it works) if a problem comes up will do something different then or write a prescription for something else generic. Hubby took Lipitor years ago then we went generic. Now Lipitor is generic and we can't get it. Insurance says you have to take a generic first and a name brand (Crestor was one of them) while name brand is 30.00 for a month or 60.00 for 90 days. I told them were retired were not spending that kind of money when there is generic we can take. The insurance lady did say your doctor could tell the insurance that your hubby has tried a name brand. I said your telling me you want my doctor to lie. She said he could tell us that. Go figure!

I need to get busy. Will catch you all later. Have a great day!

'morning, peeps!

what beautiful work, Cindy!:clap:clap:clap

Have a sfae trip and enjoy Christmas!:hug:manyheart

I sewed the lining into 8 SBT's last night! Like Judy is fond of saying, it was kind of "zen-like"--I just got in the rhythm of doing it. I sure hope my co-workers like them! Also finished the scarf I started the other night.

Great work!!

A busy day today, but we do have a holiday luncheon to break up the day- it would be super nice if we got out early---but I have a feeling that won't happen---but nothing wrong with hoping for it!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Enjoy the luncheon....

Marlene, good luck with the meds issue - it's a real pain sometimes. Wetake Crestor and there still isn't a generic for it...copay is not fun, but better than what some people have to deal with.:hug

****...I'm thinking of a CAL - to start right after Christmas...

Keep your eyes open, my friends;)

Good morning all. We have sunshine for the first time in a week! Yay!

It's been a busy week here this week. We got to see Payton & Jocelyn tuesday night. They are in Florida now. They were on there way and dil called and said she would meet us where we have met up before.

Glad you got to see the grandkids before they left for Florida.

Hubby had to pickup his second hearing aid (the insurance only pays for one at a time every two years) so we spent the night with my sister. Then we went shopping most of the day looking for my gift. Visited with my Mom and gave her, her gift. Then we met my sister, hubby's brother and sil and another couple for dinner. It got to be very late so we stayed another night with my sister and came home yesterday morning. I spent the day packing things. Trying to decide what to take in the crochet line. I always take projects but never get to them all. Today I have to track down the remotes to the tv and vcr. We have always left them but last year the one to the tv didn't work so we brought them home and I know where I put them but there not there. Hubby put some totes in the garage from Texas so I hope that is where they are as I have a busy day today. Making potato soup today, some cookies not sure what kind so Maya can leave them for Santa (were picking her up tomorrow), peanut butter fudge so I can give some to MIL (she can't make it any more) and give some to SD's family.

Hope you have a safe trip to Texas and don't get too tired with all there is to do before you leave.

Tomorrow is a full day to. Hopefully were picking up a new cholesterol medicine at walmart. One hubby was taking the drug co. sent are doctor a letter and said if your taking 40mgs stop taking them. It can cause problems with the liver. So we try to get Liptor and the insurance co. doesn't want to give it to us. I've been on the phone with them twice this week and the doctors office twice also. I finally told the doctor to either give him back the medicine he was on (he's taken it for years with no problems and it works) if a problem comes up will do something different then or write a prescription for something else generic. Hubby took Lipitor years ago then we went generic. Now Lipitor is generic and we can't get it. Insurance says you have to take a generic first and a name brand (Crestor was one of them) while name brand is 30.00 for a month or 60.00 for 90 days. I told them were retired were not spending that kind of money when there is generic we can take. The insurance lady did say your doctor could tell the insurance that your hubby has tried a name brand. I said your telling me you want my doctor to lie. She said he could tell us that. Go figure!

I need to get busy. Will catch you all later. Have a great day!

The hoops the insurance companies put people through are rediculous and actually add to the cost of care a lot of the time. Go figure.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a great Christmas. :manyheart

Hi Ladies!

Linda ~ I was so sorry to read about your fall - glad you're much better now. :manyheart

Trish ~ I hope you're feeling okay now. :hug You all have had so much to deal with...take care and hopefully things will be a little more normal soon.

Cindy ~ Beautiful work! You've accomplished a lot! :clap

Marlene ~ Have a safe trip back to Texas. :yes

Judy ~ A new CAL! Can't wait to see what it is.:hook

Hi and a very Merry Christmas to everyone at the House! :wreath

We'll be gone all day tomorrow - a 2 hour drive each way to my sister's and have to pick up the parents on the way. Sunday a.m. we'll go to Luke's house for brunch and to see what Santa brought. I finally had time to charge and set up DH's Nook Tablet this morning...still lots to figure out but no boo boos yet. :lol All wrapped and waiting for Sunday.

See you all soon. :manyheart

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!!!

The car is packed, and we are ready to leave. This past week has been horrible for Kyri and me at school, with even two of the teachers making sneaky comments within Kyri's ear-shot and keeping her in from recess and away from her friends for the past two days to scrub her desk, run papers for the teacher down to the office, tear pages out of her workbooks, etc. We are both really looking forward to the upcoming break. I have not been sleeping for worrying about her, but she is going to be fine. My mum and Gramma can hardly wait for her to get down to them, where they will spoil her (and Annika) with lots of love and fun activities -- City of Lights tour, ice skating, snowshoeing, popcorn balls and a chance to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve are on the agenda, thus far. DH and I are welcome at Christmas, and then, we have been told, that the girls will be fine without us, so we are trying to decide whether we come back home to do chores, or if we continue on and holiday at a bed 'n' breakfast somewhere around the Great Lakes :think We will let the girls stay, though, and soak up the attention from my parents :manyheart

Marisa and Cindy ~ all of the pictures you both posted are wonderful. I love your throw, Marisa. Your sewing projects look as though they took a whole lot of time, Cindy. Nice work.

Linda ~ So glad to hear that you are feeling better. My goodness, was that ever a bad tumble you took. So glad it did not end up being a concussion, but, still.....:hug

Mary ~ Have a safe trip, and all the best with your family get-togethers. Yaaay, for getting your DH's Nook up-and-running. I think that is a great gift for him. Christmas morning with Luke will be very fun, indeed!

Trish ~ I hope you get your results from the biopsy back, and that you are going to be all right. Are you feeling stronger? Less pain? I sure hope so :hug

Judy ~ Your calm Christmas plans sound soooo appealing. I will, definitely, keep an eye out for a new CAL in the New Year.

Joanne ~ sewing linings into that many bags was "zen-like," huh :think I would have been a basket-case, if I had to do that much sewing at a stretch. :clap for getting it all done. Sure hope you get your wish of an early-out this afternoon.

Marlene ~ So glad you were able to see your grandchildren, before they headed to FL this week. Maya must be so excited about Santa, and it is so nice for you to provide cookies to share with the jolly fellow tomorrow night. I will probably not get on the computer before you depart for Texas, so please have a safe trip! I do not envy you trying to pack and figure out what to bring south, household-wise or yarn-wise. Hope you had time to sit down and collect your thoughts a bit in all of the hustle and bustle.

Tab ~ Hope your little guy is feeling better by now. Any news from the Dr? It is good to hear your little bundle is head-down and thinking about joining your family. Five pounds is a perfectly-good size for a newborn, and a baby this week would be fun ;) Hang in there.

The girls just finished packing their little bags to take in the car.

:check A couple of Polly Pockets

:check Book light

:check 3 books each

:check Harmonica -- yes, Gramma gave them to the girls last year, and they think it's a blast to play in the car. Oh, how I wish the drive were a little shorter :P

I am going to move the food from the refrigerator to the cooler, and I think I am ready.

Have a great couple of days :wreath Warm wishes to all of you and your families :ctree

:santa

Judy ~ A new CAL! Can't wait to see what it is.:hook

I hope to have it up this week....maybe as early as Monday:lol

Hi and a very Merry Christmas to everyone at the House! :wreath

The same to you and your family - safe travels!:hug

We'll be gone all day tomorrow - a 2 hour drive each way to my sister's and have to pick up the parents on the way. Sunday a.m. we'll go to Luke's house for brunch and to see what Santa brought. I finally had time to charge and set up DH's Nook Tablet this morning...still lots to figure out but no boo boos yet. :lol All wrapped and waiting for Sunday.

See you all soon. :manyheart

I love my Nook Tablet:c9 and I'm sure your hubby will, too! :yes

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!!!

You, too, sweetie!

The car is packed, and we are ready to leave. This past week has been horrible for Kyri and me at school, with even two of the teachers making sneaky comments within Kyri's ear-shot and keeping her in from recess and away from her friends for the past two days to scrub her desk, run papers for the teacher down to the office, tear pages out of her workbooks, etc. We are both really looking forward to the upcoming break. I have not been sleeping for worrying about her, but she is going to be fine. My mum and Gramma can hardly wait for her to get down to them, where they will spoil her (and Annika) with lots of love and fun activities -- City of Lights tour, ice skating, snowshoeing, popcorn balls and a chance to stay up until midnight on New Year's Eve are on the agenda, thus far. DH and I are welcome at Christmas, and then, we have been told, that the girls will be fine without us, so we are trying to decide whether we come back home to do chores, or if we continue on and holiday at a bed 'n' breakfast somewhere around the Great Lakes :think We will let the girls stay, though, and soak up the attention from my parents :manyheart

Judy ~ Your calm Christmas plans sound soooo appealing. I will, definitely, keep an eye out for a new CAL in the New Year.

:santa

After lits of busy years when we were younger it's a nice change of pace, though I do miss my far-flung family.

Watch for the CAL sometime this week! Maybe Monday!

I won't combine it with House since my brain isn't well enough organized to do that:lol

Merry Christmas - ahead of time;)

I'm sure there will be a couple of us checking in now and then over the weekend - I'll keep my eyes open for that!

Have a great night everyone!:hug:manyheart

I've had a return of a headache for the last 24 hours with some nausea thrown in. Called the doc and went in late this morning. She sent me to the ER with the recommendation that I have a head CT. John had gone hunting, so called him up and he came home to stay with Kim. Didn't want her exposed to whatever at the ER. Spent two hours there this afternoon, mostly sitting in an exam room by myself. They did the CT scan which was negative. No cracked skull and no interior bleed. Normal post-concussion symptoms which could continue for another week or so. Go home and continue what you've been doing and check back with your doc next week. Oh, and a bill for a couple of thousand dollars. :sigh:grumpy Merry Christmas. :grumpy:sigh I did get most of a preemie afghan crocheted while I was sitting there. :P Just 4 1/2 rows to go.

Sorry. I do hope that all of you have journeys and a wonderful Christmas!

I'm going downstairs and take some Tylenol. :blush