JulieKay

Our House Part Two

'morning, peeps!

Another sunny and cold day here in NJ:)

Jules, I am on:c9 with my Nook Tablet! DH keeps asking if I want anything else and doesn't believe me when I say "nope".

...and I downloaded pics to my Nook - easy, peasy! And this pic is now my wallpaper on it.

Have a good day, my friends!:hug:manyheart

post-8552-135897715235_thumb.jpg

Good morning everyone. Cold here today, and the snow that fell Thursday night is still on the ground. There's not much, just enough to make the ground white.

No big plans here for today, just the usual laundry, vacuuming, etc. I try not to go into any stores on the weekends near Christmas. Just too busy for me. I have only a few gifts to buy still and I may order them on-line.

Judy that is a great picture. So glad you figured out how to get pictues onto your new toy. I don't know if you can set wall-paper on the Nook Color. I have pictures on there, but just in a file. I know you can with the regular Kindle. I haven't tried with the Fire.

And where are you going for dinner tonight? Will it just be you and DH?

Julie, its good to see you chatting away! Is Cam there this weekend?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jude

Such a cute picture for your Nook . I bet you will love learning how to do all the new things with it. Enjoy !

Cindy

Yep, Cam's here today. We still see him most every weekend,but our time gets cut back now a bit,since he is older. He's signed up for TaiKwonDo,which is really neat. I went to watch him before and think it it a very interesting sport to watch . He's gotten his yellow belt so far and shows me all his new moves each week.

He's also got more friends and things to do with them,so we don't get to spend quite as long with him now,but it's ok. I knew he'd get to this point where he 'd have other hobbies and things to keep him occupied .

We're just glad to spend anytime we can get with him.

He's still funny and talks 90 miles an hour,so Sam gets it double barrel when me and Cam get going with our talking . It's actually pretty funny . We both talk at once,but both answer at once too,so we somehow communicate without either of us slowingdown at all.

Just a quick stop before heading out for the weekend. The scanner was pretty easy to figure out, I never got to it yesterday.....but today I was victorious :)

Have a wonderful weekend, I may or may not get back in.....it's a busy one

Yay! :clap :clap :clap

Hi Joanne

You sound the same as me. I like getting the errands done really early before the crowd moves in,you have to park 7 miles from the door,and there are tons of people pushing,shoving and in a hurry to get done,then you have to wait to check out in a line with about 12 people in front of you .

Hope you get home soon and get your nap in .

At this time of year and with all the weekend sales to try to lure in customers, you are lucky is the line isn't 50 or more people long.

'morning, peeps!

Another sunny and cold day here in NJ:)

Jules, I am on:c9 with my Nook Tablet! DH keeps asking if I want anything else and doesn't believe me when I say "nope".

...and I downloaded pics to my Nook - easy, peasy! And this pic is now my wallpaper on it.

Have a good day, my friends!:hug:manyheart

What an adorable picture of Lucy with her blankie!

John left to go hunting at 5:30 this morning. Haven't heard from him since. Hopefully he'll get a deer this time around. The freezer is almost empty of venison now. I came up to be with Kim. We both woke up around 8:00 and have been watching Harry Potter movies on TV. christmas themed movies start up at noon, so think we'll switch to them then.

I was reading last night's paper and she kept stealing it from me. The new sequel to Cavalia is opening here on the 7th and will run for at least a month. Cavalia was extended from 3 weeks to 10 weeks two years ago, so the possibility of this one extending is fairly high. It's called Odysseo and the tent is twice as big with both more horses and performers. John is planning on getting us tickets as our Christmas presents. It was fabulous last time so I'm looking forward to it again this time.

Hope everyone has a truly wonderful weekend whatever your plans are. Rosie and I are going out shopping together later today. Have a wonderful day. :manyheart

Hi Linda

Maybe John needs to come up here to hunt. They actually have certain times of the year that they hire guys to come into different wooded areas to thin the herd .Lots of people get really angry about it, but the other half of the people think it's necessary. I don't vote either way because I don't know that much about it .

Sam was driving to work this past week and he saw 3 deers .One ,he got a little bit too close up to him. It ran right into the side of his truck ,broke his headlight and dented his door in,but the deer just bounced off and kept running,so hopefully it didnt hurt him .

I'm glad Sam wasn't hurt, either. We have wrecks up here every year with cars vs deers and sometimes the people are badly injured or killed,depending on how fast they were driving,and where the deer hit .

It sounds as if you and Kim are having a nice relaxing day,and that you will have fun at the show you are talking about .

How long is it now til you will be making your big move ? I couldn't remember when that was planned .

Linda, I had to look up Cavalia, since I hadn't ever heard of it before. I saw a clip on You-Tube and it looks like a really wonderful show.

Tell John that our neighbor says there is a 10 point buck on our property. His house is only a few hundred feet from the edge of our property but he is quite a ways further back from the street than we are. He says the buck comes and drinks from his pond nearly every evening, but he always disappears back into our woods.

Edited by Gardener

Judy that is a great picture. So glad you figured out how to get pictues onto your new toy. I don't know if you can set wall-paper on the Nook Color. I have pictures on there, but just in a file. I know you can with the regular Kindle. I haven't tried with the Fire.

And where are you going for dinner tonight? Will it just be you and DH?

glad you like the picture!

We went here for dinner http://www.basilt.com/ - had a gift card from last Christmas to use up! I liked it, but DH still likes Carabba's better.

Jude

Such a cute picture for your Nook . I bet you will love learning how to do all the new things with it. Enjoy !

He's signed up for TaiKwonDo,which is really neat. I went to watch him before and think it it a very interesting sport to watch . He's gotten his yellow belt so far and shows me all his new moves each week. our DS took that - went to black belt, but didn't continue after that. It was good for him, though. He learned how to block me if I went to smack him:lol

He's also got more friends and things to do with them,so we don't get to spend quite as long with him now,but it's ok. I knew he'd get to this point where he 'd have other hobbies and things to keep him occupied .

We're just glad to spend anytime we can get with him.

He's still funny and talks 90 miles an hour,so Sam gets it double barrel when me and Cam get going with our talking . It's actually pretty funny . We both talk at once,but both answer at once too,so we somehow communicate without either of us slowingdown at all.

My son and I have conversations like that...my poor hubby!

What an adorable picture of Lucy with her blankie!

She's too cute, in't she?:manyheart

Hope everyone has a truly wonderful weekend whatever your plans are. Rosie and I are going out shopping together later today. Have a wonderful day. :manyheart

Did you have any luck shopping??

Sam was driving to work this past week and he saw 3 deers .One ,he got a little bit too close up to him. It ran right into the side of his truck ,broke his headlight and dented his door in,but the deer just bounced off and kept running,so hopefully it didnt hurt him .

I'm glad Sam wasn't hurt, either. We have wrecks up here every year with cars vs deers and sometimes the people are badly injured or killed,depending on how fast they were driving,and where the deer hit . .

It's mating season....thousands of deer in NJ get killed by cars looking for "love"

...and I had DH playing Bejeweled 2 on my Nook tonight...he can't believe how sharp the graphics are!

have a great night, my friends!:hug:manyheart:hug

Hi Linda

Maybe John needs to come up here to hunt. They actually have certain times of the year that they hire guys to come into different wooded areas to thin the herd .Lots of people get really angry about it, but the other half of the people think it's necessary. I don't vote either way because I don't know that much about it .

I'm glad Sam wasn't hurt, either. We have wrecks up here every year with cars vs deers and sometimes the people are badly injured or killed,depending on how fast they were driving,and where the deer hit .

It sounds as if you and Kim are having a nice relaxing day,and that you will have fun at the show you are talking about .

How long is it now til you will be making your big move ? I couldn't remember when that was planned .

A lot of deer collide with cars down here, too.

The move is tentatively set for mid to late summer next year depending on a number of things, including what the stock market and housing market are doing. Have to be able to afford to make the move. :P

My shopping was mostly successful. The trip to JoAnne Fabrics was frustrating. For one thing we forgot the coupon, but it didn't matter, because they were completely sold and don't do rainchecks. We came home and ordered it off the internet for almost the same cost. First store I've ever encountered that absolutely never do a rainchecks. :think Weird. Makes me wonder if they even had any for sale. I hate it when stores advertise specials to get you in the store and then don't have the advertised items. Especially if they don't do rainchecks. Smacks of false advertising.

Hi all,

We had a great day-- although we were out ALL day!! Got 90% of the gifts bought that I am buying for Christmas. We went to the Cuisinart/Conair Warehouse Outlet Sale first thing this morning! Talk about crowded!!! But, I was successful and got my DD the ice cream maker (which came with an extra freezer bowl), got a set of Cuisinart pots/pans for my oldest and DD got a set for his oldest. Got brushes for everyone ($1.00 ea), a hairdryer, coffee pot and a coffee grinder for my middle DD and a mini food processor just because it was cute (and cheap)

After that we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast- and I picked up little ornaments there that were really cute and only .74!!! Headed to a couple of stores in that area and then took a break at B&N - I had bought my Nook with me and DH his iPad. I played with the Nook tablet- the graphics ARE wonderful, Judy!!!

We headed to Big Lots, Dollar Tree and then Christmas Tree Shops before calling it a day.

The weather was spectacular today and we just decided that while we were out, we would just take care of everything. Tomorrow will be laundry, cleaning (still don't have the cleaning lady) and relaxing the rest of the day.

Linda- I dislike when a store advertises something and then doesn't have it. I agree--sounds like a scam when they run out and don't do rain checks!!!

Julie- That's great that Cam is involved with TKD--it's great to be involved in a sport~

Judy- Great pic of Lucy!

Cindy- Wow snow on the ground- we were in the 50's tomorrow they are forecasting 60's! I can get used to this weather in December very easily!!!

'morning, peeps!:)

Jules, there's a question I think only you can answer on the combo challenge thread.....

Makes me wonder if they even had any for sale. I hate it when stores advertise specials to get you in the store and then don't have the advertised items. Especially if they don't do rainchecks. Smacks of false advertising.

I think so, too...

Joanne, kuddos on the shopping haul!

CU all later...going to browse in Michaels and B&N this morning!

Hi guys

Just a quick jump in today. I have a cracking head. Hope everyone is well today.

Thanks for the heads up,Jude. I went in and replied just now .

Good morning everyone. It's gray and chilly here today. Again! :( John got the indoor and outdoor decorations and lights up yesterday. We'll be decorating the tree next weekend when Kim's mom and Sue are here.

I'm planning on coloring my hair this afternoon and major cleaning downstairs.

Have a wonderful day my friends. :manyheart

Hello everyone. Very gray and gloom, and raining hard here today.

Went to church this morning and visited the inlaws for a while afterwards.

I'm knitting on a dishcloth and alternating that with reading a book this afternoon. (Nothing like a lazy afternoon!)

HI all,

Been a busy beaver this morning!!! I cleaned and then decided to wrap the haul from yesterday. I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever had my gifts wrapped on Dec 4th!!

The rest of the day is going to be me in my chair with crochet and football!

The weather here is spectacular! Warm and sunny---is it really Dec 4th?

Hi guys

Just a quick jump in today. I have a cracking head. Hope everyone is well today.

Thanks for the heads up,Jude. I went in and replied just now .

Is your headache any better??:(

And Joanne, Matawan High School played their championship football game last night (at Rutgers Stadium) - minus 5 of their best players who were suspended a couple of weeks ago (I'm ashamed to admit they're part of the team)...anyway, we were watching a live play by play (no pic, just words) on my Nook Tablet and it was so exciting. Matawan, the underdog, won by a score of 3-0!

I was so happy for them and for the coach, who was DS's coach years ago - and his patient currently. The man stuck to his guns and would not reinstate these guys - and the team won!

Speaking of football...the poor Giants....:P

'nite all:hug:manyheart

Good morning!

It's a super foggy day out there today which I 'm sure will make for a very interesting commute!

Judy- that's neat that Matawan won despite those players being suspended. Good for the coach for sticking to his guns!!! Ah, yes, the Giants--so close!! At least they looked like they had some spark and spunk in the game!!!

Linda- Did John have any luck this weekend?

I ended up making another warm but ugly hat last night for me--to replace the one that I had made for myself that my middle one claimed over Thanksgiving.

Hope you ALL have a good day.

:snow:wbrr Good Morning! Yes, it's snowing in North Texas...after a cold rainy weekend. It's not supposed to accumulate, so I guess I'll have to go to the dentist this morning. ;)

We had a wonderful three days with Little Guy - they picked him up about 6 last evening, and Grammy and Gramps were exhausted. :lol

I hope everyone is doing well and I will check in later. :manyheart

Hi, ladies!:)

As Joanne mentioned, it's foggy here in NJ this AM. Flights from Newark Liberty Airport are delayed...at least it's not ice/snow!

:snow:wbrr Good Morning! Yes, it's snowing in North Texas...after a cold rainy weekend. It's not supposed to accumulate, so I guess I'll have to go to the dentist this morning. ;)

I go on the 20th - routine visit - I hope.:P

We had a wonderful three days with Little Guy - they picked him up about 6 last evening, and Grammy and Gramps were exhausted. :lol

I hope everyone is doing well and I will check in later. :manyheart

I remember when we would leave DS with my inlaws for a few days- once when we went to pick him up my poor IL looked as if she hadn't even had a chance to comb her hair in days!:lol He was a handful when little...and MIL was a super caring and conscientous grandma.:c9:manyheart

Usual Monday busy work today - have a good one, my friends.:hug

Good morning everyone. It's overcast and gloomy here, but no percipitation, at least, for now. Hoping you all had a great weekend.

I shifted lots and lots of things downstairs yesterday and then spent the evening with Rosie and John. rosie has requested a couple of warm but "ugly" hats to take with them to Colorado for Christmas. I asked John if he'd like one and he surprised us by saying yes. He does want his a bit longer. His is a little over a third done at this point. Rosie's just need the tails hidden. The RR lapghan for mom just needs a few more rows and hiding of the tails and it will be ready to go, too.

John's company Christmas party is on Thursday this year. He worked all day yesterday from home on stuff that he was too busy to get to during the week last week. Sometimes I wonder at all the hours he works and and if all the others there put in that many hours or if it's just him driving himself to be indispensible? The goals he sets himself are so extremely high.

Have a great day! :manyheart

Good Morning All.

Sorry for the MIA, but crochetville needs an iPod app, lol. It seems like it's really the only thing I use now because Hubby or kids are always on the computer plus my feet & hips are horrible with pain.

Besides the discomforts of pregnancy I am alive & kicking. I hope all of you are doing well. I think of you all often I just don't have much energy to get up & on the desktop. I am on Facebook (they have an iPod app :lol)if anyone is one there & wants to keep in touch more often. ;)

Love ya all. Have a great day. :ghug

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, the weekend passed quickly. My sister and I did some running on friday and met up with a good friend of hers for happy hour. Her and her DH always go out on fridays and they live in the area we were shopping so we met up with them for a bit and I think they were excited we popped in. She's been having a hard time with her father being sick right now :(

We went to the last home Pitt football game of the season on Saturday and we won :clap:yay I had a sore throat on friday and saturday that turned to cold yesterday, so yesterday I skipped the Steelers tailgate :eek and layed in bed ALL day. Not feeling much better today, but my patient will be in at 10:30 and I have walk-in hours listed on my website 2-4 so would like to be here for them (just in case :wink) So, I might just lock the door after my patient leaves and take a nap :think We shall see :lol

Joanne - Did you stop by to see Ryan this weekend? You are a hat making machine!!!! :wink

Cindy - A relaxing day knitting/crocheting and reading is always welcome :yes

Julie - Glad to hear that Cam still comes every weekend.....I hope your head is feeling better today :hug

Judy - Great pic for your wallpaper :manyheart The place you chose for your anniversary dinner looks like a place I would enjoy too :drool I hope you get all your busy work done today

Linda - I've never heard of Cavalia or Odysseo, but will look them up. Did you hair color come out good? :yay for John's xmas party.

Mary - I'm sure that little Luke does keep grammy and grampy running around :yes

Tab - Glad you were able to drop by for a minute. I hope all is well with the pregnancy. I'm on FB, but I just don't get on it very often :think

Hi, Tabby. How'd the ultrasound turn out? Praying that Elijah is okay. I'm on facebook but use it mostly to post pictures of what I'm working on more than anything else and don't often go there.

Mom got home from the hospital on Saturday afternoon. She's in the more skilled nursing section until she gets transfering from bed to chair to wheelchair and back again down smoothly, then she can return to her own room, roommate, and things. Doing well, just taking a lot of time to throw off the effects of the anaesthesia.

Linda - Glad to hear your mom is doing well and moving in the right direction. Continued prayers for her :hug :hug :hug

Hi, All ~

I am still here and reading, but I have just not had the energy to jump into the conversation. For that I apologize. A brief synopsis: Miss Kyri is having an incredibly trying (for lack of a better word) year in 4th Grade. The teacher is not giving the students the credit they deserve and letting them learn up to their potential. The teacher is extremely scattered and has poor time management skills. Before this year started, I took her high-energy to be enthusiasm for teaching, but now, I realize, she is just a different sort of individual who should not be teaching my child. I am not one to create waves, and I hate to speak-up to anyone in authority, so this has been terribly tough on me, as I see how this teacher is affecting Kyri's learning. Kyri is really a bright, inquisitive, polite child, but she is not being allowed to learn. The class had not studied Science since mid-September. They had a good unit about the northeastern states, but that wrapped-up in November, and they have not touched a Social Studies topic since then. The Reading groups have not met since October. A Math lesson is taught every 3-4 days, but there is homework only once/week, because the teacher believes the students did not understand the material after the first day or two of learning. What??? Give the students some credit! If the students are not "getting the material" in that amount of time, it seems to me as though the teacher's teaching style needs to change. They have covered only 15 lessons since the beginning of the year. Arrggghhhh. We (a large group of parents) have been in meetings with the Principal and Teacher, and it is as though we are beating our heads against a wall. We are essentially being told, "This teacher has 13 years of experience. It is her way or no way. Step back and do not question her methods, because she will teach your children as best she can." I have been in meetings for the past two weeks with principals at schools in neighboring towns. Kyri is in a private school, currently, but we are looking to move her to public school and get out of this horrible situation. Please bear with me a little longer. I have shed a bunch of frustrated tears, as has Kyri, but we think a move is in her best interest. We cannot get her into the public school in the same town as her current school due to Open Enrollment quotas, and we do not live in that county. I do not know what I am going to do, but I even thought of heading to Hawaii early and enrolling her in school there for the duration of the year. It is that upsetting to me.

I will be back in a couple of days. Sorry for the 'downer' of a note, but I wanted to let you know that we'll be okay ~ just working on a little project at the moment, otherwise known as Kyri's future :( It will work out in the end. Talk to you, soon.

Hugs and positive thoughts and prayers for you Dusti! Oh, how trying it is when you are wanting to do what's best for your daughter!!!

With all you have been going through, I can't believe you actually took the time to send the mittens for our 'giving tree' at work--plus included a hat and some scarves- plus the great market bag you sent for me....oh, and let's not forget that bag of coffee!!! I was truly touched and thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to bring them to work and I just know that the love you made them with will keep a child warm!!!

Tab- Glad to hear from you! An app would be great--then I could check in here from work!!

Linda- I'm going to make my DH a WBU hat too- he likes them also! I have a few more to make- and I love how easy and quick they are!!!

Judy- The fog was bad this morning- but made it to work in one piece- and on time!

Mary- I know what you mean about being exhusted after watching a little one for 3 days- I'm tired after babysitting for 6 hours!!

Off to craft club I go. Have a good night all!