Top Posters In This Topic

• judianne

• imanurse55

• Gardener

• Skysmom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun in the Snow!

Love you guys!!! Just wanted to pop in and say that and do a little show & share......     I made this for my cousin who had a baby boy. It's late ... But given my life lately ... I think sh

I had an awesome day!!! I should turn 60 more often. Lol. Dd made me a key lime pie which is my favorite. We had a great time at ocean grove and then went back to dd's house. The boys played outsid

Posted Images

Hi there Marisa

How are things going for you ? Getting all settled in at your new place ? It's good to be back .

Now I just have to catch up with everyone's life and what all I missed . Are you getting started on Christmas yet, or is it too early ?

I am still getting settled, but most of the big stuff is done. I should be getting a sign up next week :clap:yay I've started to get some things for decorating, but I asked my parents and my sister if we could forego gifts this year since I'm pretty much broke and they've already been giving to me since september with the move and starting the business so I didn't want them giving even more to me. My mom did buy our xmas pj's that we'll get on xmas eve as tradition :D but we found a good sale on them on black friday. But we'll just be enjoying the holiday together! :yes

Hi Jude

How are you my friend ? :hug

Not doing too badly, all things considered....I hope you're doing better:hug:hug

I am still getting settled, but most of the big stuff is done. I should be getting a sign up next week :clap:yay I've started to get some things for decorating, but I asked my parents and my sister if we could forego gifts this year since I'm pretty much broke and they've already been giving to me since september with the move and starting the business so I didn't want them giving even more to me. My mom did buy our xmas pj's that we'll get on xmas eve as tradition :D but we found a good sale on them on black friday. But we'll just be enjoying the holiday together! :yes

can I adopt you?:c9

Hi Cindy

Thanks, it's good to see you too . Hope things are well with you .

Marisa

nothing at all wrong with skipping the gifts this year,just enjoy the tree and the food . You don't need presents to make it a fun holiday .

** If your family does want to do something fun without spending a lot of money, you could do what we used to do when we had a houseful here .

We'd all go buy some funny gag gifts ,and dollar store type items and wrapped them all and pile them in the middle of the table .

We'd get really weird shaped items, odd things that you wouldnt know what was in it , and wrap it .

Then we played Bingo. The winner would get to choose a prize,but not unwrap it. The next winner could take another prize, or take the one from the first winner,then they would have to choose another .

You'd be surprised at the really neat items we'd find . Get several bottle-shaped things --some may be juice, pop,bubble bath,etc.

Find a funny hat,or a funny toy or candy .It was so fun,everyone asked to play it every year.

We'd even get boring stuff like green beans, or to get really tricky, buy a can of tuns and a can of cat food, and peel off the labels .They wont know whats in it til they open the can.

Just an idea for a low cost but fun thing to do on Christmas ,especially if each family member donates items .

:clap Hi Julie!!!!!:hug So good to see your post!!! Made my day!!! Missed you around "our house" I love the Christmas gift idea/game...sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Things have been good with me--my DD hosted Thanksgiving and my GS is now 4 mos old and is just the happiest little baby!!! Life is good!!! (well, Paradise is still Paradise) but I can't complain!!!!

Marlene- Take your BP meds--and don't take anything else without letting your doc know! (agree with Judy on that). It is the "silent' killer and I agree with Linda--we want you around for a long time. ( if it helps, I was kind of bummed when I had to go on Bp meds, but the alternative is way more scary--stroke or even death) Sorry to hear about your friend:hug:hug

Linda- Glad you had a nice visit with Rosie today. I know you are going to miss her when you move:hug

Cindy- Hope your day at work went well. I've printed out the cowl pattern- and hope to start on it this weekend. But first I have to finish the baby ghan!

So I had better get off the computer and get busy:hook

Hi Ladies!

Julie, I'm so happy to see you here!:yes We have certainly missed you!!!:yes

Linda, Glad things went well with your Mom.

Marisa, My family gets together for dinner only. No gifts. We have a good time. There is a family fued going on some relatives are not coming including my Mom. One family I totally understand the reason. But my Mom I don't. I told one of my brothers tonight I hope that nothing happens to anyone and someone has regrets, because then it's to late. But I'm not going to worry about.

Linda, Joanne and Judy, I will ask the doctor about the Hibiscus tea. And I will follow his advise.

Joanne, Thanks for sharing how you felt when you had to start taking bp. It's good to know it's not just me.

No baking cookies here today. Hubby had some things he wanted to do and then we went out to eat. Laundry and packing got done until the morning when I pack the last minute things. Since I have to be at the hall early and have the turkey cooking by 11:00 I will bake them there. Since I will probably be there by myself for awhile and they have a stove we use.

Something really weird is going on with my thumb on my left hand. I just noticed tonight when I sat down here at "our house". The rest of my hand is okay. Strange! I think it has gotten worse. I'll show my doctor tomorrow. I go to pt monday afternoon and the neurologist tuesday.

I'm off I'm not sure when I'll be back on. So if I don't see you this weekend-Have a great weekend everyone!:hug

Hi Joanne

It's good to see you too. It does sound like life is really good for you ,and I'm glad. It sounds like your Thanksgiving was real nice,and your grandbaby sounds like a little sweetheart. Aren't they all ? I bet he is getting so cute,and getting to learn more things now,which makes it even more fun watching him learn and grow.

Cam is now 9 ,and getting to have that "long and gangly" look. You know how kids get at that age,they seem to be all arms and legs and seem to grow an inch a week ?

Anyhow, he still comes up on the weekends and we still have fun with him, but he is changing into his TWEEN years, so likes spending time alone on his computer or playing videos or watching movies.

I can still coax him into a board game once in awhile,but not as often .

He still makes us laugh all the time, he says such funny things .

Hi Marlene

It sounds like you are really busy right now -- are you packing to leave for Texas again ?I hope your Doc appts go well and they figure out what is wrong with your thumb bothering you .

I agree, there's nothing wrong with just having a dinner for the holidays without the gifts. It can actually be less stressful for everyone,since you dont have to worry with what to get each person,how to get enough money, and if they will like what you bought .

I know how you feel about finding out you have to take a daily med for bp .Just tell yourself you are glad the doc found it before anything bad happened ,and that they have something to take for it ,so nothing bad will happen .

Don't work too hard, sounds like you have a lot of things going .

Good morning and TGIF!!!

Julie- He's laughing now and is always so happy (well most of the time) I try to see him at least a couple of times a week--if only for a few hours. He is a much loved little boy. Can't believe Cam is 9 already--yup--heading towards those tween years- Glad to hear that he still sees you on the weekends!!!

Marlene- Hope that your thumb is ok. Good luck today with the cooking and baking of all those cookies!!

Marisa- I am excited for basketball too- I need to find a new team to root for since the NJ Nets are moving to Brooklyn next year and I feel like the team deserted NJ---it won't be your beloved Sixers though!:lol I'm thinking I'll start rooting for the NY Knicks since that was the team that my Dad used to take me to see back in the day when Frazier, Dave DeBusschere , Bill Bradley were playing. Did you figure out your scanner?

Judy- Did you figure out your wallpaper for your nook tablet? I stopped in B&N last night after work and was playing around with one. Pretty cool!! Very lightweight! And good picture quality! Oh, I don't need another gadget!!;)

Cindy- Are you working today? I'm SO GLAD that it's Friday!!!

Linda- Glad to hear that your mom's surgery went well. I will keep her in my prayers that she has an uneventful recovery!!

Have a good one ladies!!!

Good morning one and all. The skies are blue and the sun is shining. (Finally!) Big change from yesterday. That's probably why the arthritis acted up yesterday afternoon and last night. Quiet day planned for Kim and I. Just the normal stuff. John's going to try to hunt tonight or tomorrow morning for a bit. Still hasn't even got us a deer, let alone all the other people who would like some. :lol

I'm on the last round of the RR for dil. Yay! :yay Then I'm going to work on one for my mom to use as a lapghan that is partially done. Won't be nearly as big as the others I've done. It's in dark thyme green and an autumn mix.

'morning, peeps!

Hiya, Jules!!!! We've sooooo missed you on here.....

Marisa, My family gets together for dinner only. No gifts. We have a good time. There is a family fued going on some relatives are not coming including my Mom. One family I totally understand the reason. But my Mom I don't. I told one of my brothers tonight I hope that nothing happens to anyone and someone has regrets, because then it's to late. But I'm not going to worry about.

You have the right attitude: you're only responsible for YOU - can't make other people do what you think is the right thing.:yes

Linda, Joanne and Judy, I will ask the doctor about the Hibiscus tea. And I will follow his advise.

:)

Something really weird is going on with my thumb on my left hand. I just noticed tonight when I sat down here at "our house". The rest of my hand is okay. Strange! I think it has gotten worse. I'll show my doctor tomorrow. I go to pt monday afternoon and the neurologist tuesday.

I'm off I'm not sure when I'll be back on. So if I don't see you this weekend-Have a great weekend everyone!:hug

I hope your thimb is okay and it doesn't mean something else is going on.....:hug:manyheart:hugwe'll see you whenever you get a chance to pop in.

Things have been good with me--my DD hosted Thanksgiving and my GS is now 4 mos old and is just the happiest little baby!!! Life is good!!! (well, Paradise is still Paradise) but I can't complain!!!!

Yup - you have a full life....grandbaby and a full time job! Enjoy the smiles and gurgles from Ryan:c9

Judy- Did you figure out your wallpaper for your nook tablet? I stopped in B&N last night after work and was playing around with one. Pretty cool!! Very lightweight! And good picture quality! Oh, I don't need another gadget!!;)

as with most of my light bulb moments, in the middle of the night I remembered that the charger for the Nook is also a USB cable....DOH!:oops so, now that I've found the empy files on my Nook just waiting to be filled I can download the pics I want to use. At least it seems that it's the way to do it. Trial and error is how I do most computer things:lol I'll play later.

I'm on the last round of the RR for dil. Yay! :yayThey take forever at the end, don't they?

Then I'm going to work on one for my mom to use as a lapghan that is partially done. Won't be nearly as big as the others I've done. It's in dark thyme green and an autumn mix.

That sounds like a wonderfully cozy color combo.

Off I go...a few things to do today, not much.

It's our 44th Anniversary today, so I won't cook tonight, and we're going out to a nice place for dinner tomorrow.:)

Have a great day today, my friends. Stay warm and cozy - we had frost on our cars this AM!

Good morning ladies :hi

Happy Anniversary Judy :cheer:bounce:clap:yay:woo

My sister and I got quite a bit done at the house last night. We're going out tonight for dinner and some shopping....looking for some cheap stocking stuffers :wink

Judy - Sure you can adopt me :manyheart The more mom's the merrier :wink:lol We were frosty here this morning too :(

Julie - the game idea is a great one, but I don't think we'd get my dad or sister's bf into it :think We may have to be a bit mischivious :devil

Joanne - It is annoying about the Nets, I agree....I surely wouldn't expect you to go with my Sixers, I would've pegged you for the Celtics :wink But the Knicks make sense too for you :yes

Marlene - I agree with all the other advice on your bp meds :soap And be sure to tell the doc about your thumb.....there is a possibility they could be related in some way :think We also have family feud going on, my one uncle (on my mom's side) doesn't speak to any of his 3 siblings and quite frankly we don't even bother trying to worry about it :shrug Like you said, we can't worry about it since we can't control the actions of others :hug Have fun cooking today.

Linda - :yay for the sun!!!! Enjoy your quite day with Kim today and WTG on your RR.

Hi Joanne

I'm so glad Ryan is such a happy baby . nothing like seeing a baby with a big smile or hearing them laugh .

It sounds like life is really good for you,AND i'M REALLY GLAd

--- Sorry about the big print - I had the cap-lock thing on and didnt notice .

Hi Linda

I'm glad it's nice down there today. It's bright and sunny here too,but pretty nippy out. At least no snow or rain today .

Jude

Wow, did you get yourself one of the notebooks or tablets or whatever they call them ? I bet it is really neat .

And a big

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!

Don't forget the cake .:D

Morning Marisa

Yea, we have people in the family that aren't much for game playing either,but they all loved the bingo thing . It was really fun .no one was allowed to open their items until the end when all prizes were used ,so it was fun watching to see who got what,and the looks on their faces .

I'm sure you'll have a nice time with or without gifts. The older you get,the less gifts seem important.

To me, I'd rather have a nice meal and have peace than to have any present . That'd be the best Christmas .

~~~~~By the way, was wondering about Tab --has anyone heard from her --couldnt remember when she was due ,and wasnt sure if she kept up in here anymore .

Yay! JULIE'S HERE!!! I finally get to read posts for the first time since Monday and it's so much fun to see your posts. :manyheart I hope you are doing well. :hug

It must be the week for falls...my mother fell on Tuesday and I've been driving back and forth. Nothing broken, just bruised a bit. DD and her DH will be in a wedding near Austin this weekend, so we will have Luke from about noon until Sunday.

Linda ~ So sorry about your Mom. :hug I'm glad the surgery went okay and hope she recovers quickly!

Happy Anniversary to Judy and your DH! :manyheart

I will catch up on more posts soon! Needless to say, I'm behind on everything. :lol

Hi again. Just heard from my brother. Mom was finally shaking off the effects of the anesthesia by last night and a lot more coherent. It's probably going to be a long raod to recovery at her age and with her overall problems with speech and balance. Hopefully she will battle back and not give up and just lie there.

:2magic:mdust:mdust Happy Anniversary Judy & Hubby!! :mdust:2magic

Marlene & Marisa - It seems that most families seem to have feuds going on at one point or another. Some all the time. I'm glad that my son has decided to drop the one between the two of us. It's still pretty tentative, but at least we are speaking again.

Julie ~ I made a banana pecan cake for Thanksgiving with cream cheese frosting. I saved a piece for you. It was even pretty healthy with the bananas and nuts, but I cut down on the sugar in the frosting by 20% and replaced about 60% of the sugar in the cake with artificial sweetener, so it was a lot lower in calories. And nobody even noticed the difference. :D The last we heard from Tabby she was waiting to have a special scan of Elijah done because of a potential problem. Haven't heard anything since then. If I remember right she's due in mid to late January.

Mary ~ So sorry tohear that your mom also fell. I'm so glad that she got away with just scrapes and bruises. Not that that isn't bad enough. Hope she recovers quickly. And have a blast with Luke this weekend. :hug

Hi Joanne

I'm so glad Ryan is such a happy baby . nothing like seeing a baby with a big smile or hearing them laugh .

It sounds like life is really good for you,AND i'M REALLY GLAd

--- Sorry about the big print - I had the cap-lock thing on and didnt notice .

Hi Linda

I'm glad it's nice down there today. It's bright and sunny here too,but pretty nippy out. At least no snow or rain today .

Jude

Wow, did you get yourself one of the notebooks or tablets or whatever they call them ? I bet it is really neat .

And a big

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!!!

Don't forget the cake .:D

I got the nook tablet

Just a quick stop before heading out for the weekend. The scanner was pretty easy to figure out, I never got to it yesterday.....but today I was victorious :)

Have a wonderful weekend, I may or may not get back in.....it's a busy one

Good morning ladies :hi

Happy Anniversary Judy :cheer:bounce:clap:yay:woo

My sister and I got quite a bit done at the house last night. We're going out tonight for dinner and some shopping....looking for some cheap stocking stuffers :wink

Judy - Sure you can adopt me :manyheart The more mom's the merrier :wink:lol We were frosty here this morning too :(

Julie - the game idea is a great one, but I don't think we'd get my dad or sister's bf into it :think We may have to be a bit mischivious :devil

Joanne - It is annoying about the Nets, I agree....I surely wouldn't expect you to go with my Sixers, I would've pegged you for the Celtics :wink But the Knicks make sense too for you :yes

Marlene - I agree with all the other advice on your bp meds :soap And be sure to tell the doc about your thumb.....there is a possibility they could be related in some way :think We also have family feud going on, my one uncle (on my mom's side) doesn't speak to any of his 3 siblings and quite frankly we don't even bother trying to worry about it :shrug Like you said, we can't worry about it since we can't control the actions of others :hug Have fun cooking today.

Linda - :yay for the sun!!!! Enjoy your quite day with Kim today and WTG on your RR.

:lol:lol:lolOh,my word--The Celtics--but of course!!!! What was I thinking? :lol Yup, the Celtics AND the Knicks will be my teams!!!!

Have a great time tonight:hug

Happy Anniversary Judy! Wow 44 yrs is quite an accomplishment!!! :hug Enjoy your non-cooking night and dinner out tomorrow night!!

Mary- Have fun with Luke this weekend. My DD and SIL have a wedding tomorrow, but this time my SIL's mom is going to babysit. It's been working out really great- we take turns- and sometimes we do it together. I'll probably stop by after DH and I are done with errands we have planned!

Julie- As Linda said, Tab is due sometime in January-

Linda- Glad that you and your son are talking. I don't know of any family that doesn't have some sort of feud at one time or another!!! Enjoy the weekend --the cake you made sounds delish!:manyheart

DH made dinner tonight- it was quite the surprise. He even made my favorite zucchini squash (which I love and he doesn't like at all). Makes me wonder what he wants:lol:lol:lol

Cindy- Hope you had a good day today- are you off work this weekend? How's your parents doing?

Have a good night all!

Hi Mary

So good to see you too ! I was hoping all was well with you,but know you have some busy days .I knew you'd drop in when you had the chance. I'm really glad Luke is doing well. I bet he is walking and talking some by now, isn't he ? I could be off on dates, so I'm sorry if I don't remember how old he is, but I'm guessing he is able to get around on his own by now and go exploring .

Sorry about your mom .I hope she will be ok .

Hi Linda

Good to hear a progress report on your mom,and yes, it will probably be a long road to recovery. Those hip surgeries do take the sap out of people and sometimes the elderly are already ill and weak with other things, so they have an extra hard fight on their hands. I think their attitude and will to fight to get better helps a lot, so I hope she will do that .

I'm glad things are a little patched up with your son .It sounds as if you are taking a wise approach and taking things slowly,and not getting your hopes too high . I hope he has finally seen the light and realizes he needs to be kinder to you .

You cake sounds REALLY good . :D

Jude

Wow, the Nook tablet ! I bet you are on cloud 9 . Those sure look nice. I have only seen them on tv and not in person,but they sure look handy ,like you could do lots of stuff on them .

Joanne

You are funny -- wondering what your husband wants since he made one of your favorite dishes. Maybe he is asking Santie for something extra special, like on those car commercials,when the big shiny new car is sitting in the driveway with a red bow on top ?:think:eek:yes

Thanks for the updates on Tab ,you guys.Sure hope her and the baby will both be ok .

Morning all!

Julie- Still wondering what he wants- LOL---but I'll tell you one thing---he is NOT going to have a new car with a shiny red bow in the driveway:lol It sure be nice if Santa bought me a new car with a shiny red bow though:lol

I'm (not so) patiently waiting for DH to get up since we have some early morning errands to get done. I like to get things out of the way before crowds- the way I see it- up early- out- back home- nap!:lol

Have a fabulous day!

Hi Joanne

You sound the same as me. I like getting the errands done really early before the crowd moves in,you have to park 7 miles from the door,and there are tons of people pushing,shoving and in a hurry to get done,then you have to wait to check out in a line with about 12 people in front of you .

Hope you get home soon and get your nap in .