Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :hi

I ran some errands before work today so ended up getting in a bit later than I should have. I have to play around with the printer again today....it won yesterday :eek Then I have to run to the mall this afternoon and we're going to the Pitt vs. Duquesne basketball game tonight :clap I so miss my basketball :(

Shame on the printer. :2nono Doesn't it know it's supposed to cooperate with the computer? Glad you got to at least got to a ball game.

Joanne - How's your baby blanket coming along? I started my harley davidson afghan last night after going to Joann's and getting what I needed :yes The temps really dropped here too and we're having a rain/snow mix all day today. I love the snow :eek but prefer one or the other, I hate when you get both :(

Oh, that sounds like a nice project.

Judy - Glad you're having fun with your new 'toy' and I'm sure you've figured out the wallpaper by now, you're pretty quick with that stuff :wink Have fun coloring your hair and seeing ds today. I'm still debating on the xmas cards :think

I'm in the same boat on the Christmas cards.

Cindy - Good luck finding your inspiration today. My sister worked late last night because she had a review that needed to be written up and she intended to take care of it on monday, but she didn't because her 'creative juices weren't flowing' :lol Your comment made me think of her.

Linda - Glad to hear that rosie and john made it home safely :yes It's nice to get a cozy day inside at times :wink WTG on the RR. Do you need to go out today, or do you get to stay in again?

Rosie got stopped by the police last night here in Cumming as they were almost home. She was super tired and weaving a lot. Didn't get a ticket. They were just checking on whether she was drunk or not. :D Just very tired after a super long day on the road.

Heard from my brother this morning. My mom fell last night and broke her hip. She's now in the hospital and they're planning on doing surgery on it around 4:00 this afternoon to set and pin it. At least it wasn't right at the joint. That would have involved a much more extensive surgery. I'd appreciate it if you'd all keep her in your prayers. If no complications she could be back at the nursing home on Monday. That's what we're hoping. All three of us felt that she's been very lucky not to have had this happen before now with all the falling she's been doing the last couple of years. She hasn't wanted to wait for the aides to get to the room to help her get from place to place in the room, sooooo I guess this was the result of her bull-headedness. :sigh That's going to have to change now. She's 86 now and still thinks she can be more independent than is safe. :sigh

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was hoping to finish designing the quilt block that I am doing for a block of the month design on a quilting board that I belong to. It's going to be part of a fall themed quilt and I am pretty much clueless as what to do. I'm trying to stay away from the usual pumpkins and scarecrows. Maybe today will be the day that inspiration strikes!

Good luck makinga decision on that...what about falling leaves?

Judy - Glad you're having fun with your new 'toy' and I'm sure you've figured out the wallpaper by now, you're pretty quick with that stuff :wink Have fun coloring your hair and seeing ds today. I'm still debating on the xmas cards :think

Haven't figure it out yet....but did go into my old photobucket accountand now havelots of pics on puter to choose from for the wallpaper. ...too many:lol

I'll get on chat with someone and have them walk me through it.

Rosie got stopped by the police last night here in Cumming as they were almost home. She was super tired and weaving a lot. Didn't get a ticket. They were just checking on whether she was drunk or not. :D Just very tired after a super long day on the road.

OOOOOPS! Goodthing she didn't go off the road if she was weaving that much!

Heard from my brother this morning. My mom fell last night and broke her hip. She's now in the hospital and they're planning on doing surgery on it around 4:00 this afternoon to set and pin it. At least it wasn't right at the joint. That would have involved a much more extensive surgery. I'd appreciate it if you'd all keep her in your prayers. If no complications she could be back at the nursing home on Monday. That's what we're hoping. All three of us felt that she's been very lucky not to have had this happen before now with all the falling she's been doing the last couple of years. She hasn't wanted to wait for the aides to get to the room to help her get from place to place in the room, sooooo I guess this was the result of her bull-headedness. :sigh That's going to have to change now. She's 86 now and still thinks she can be more independent than is safe. :sigh

Mom is in my thoughts and prayers, my friend.:hug:manyheart

I finished this neckwarmer today. Free pattern is found on my blog.

Very, very nice!!:cheer:clap

Nite all....:hug:manyheart

Thanks, Marisa, Judy and Linda.

Linda, did your mom do well with surgery? Praying that her recovery is uneventful. Your mom sounds like a feisty lady!

I finished the dishcloth I was knitting and started another one today.

As for the quilt, all of the ones we've done in this quilt group over the years have been mostly applique. I am toying with the idea of a center panel appliqued with an owl sitting on a branch with a few colorful leaves still attached to it, and then framing that panel with some sort of pieced detail, possibly in a log cabin setting.

Although...now that Judy mentioned falling leaves, I see that working in the same way. Some of the ladies would like to incorporate embroidery into their squares, and I would like to design something that could have some embroidered details added. However, i don;t want the embroidery to be essential to the design.

'morning, peeps!

Yup, as Joanne said, it's lots cooler here in NJ but bright and sunny. Wonderful:D

I'm not sending out Christmas cards, so that takes lots of the stress out of the Christmas season...and I already have DS's gifts. Need to get something for my big sister and that's it.:)

I'm liking the relaxed vibe....

Not much on the agenda today other than coloring my hair and seeing DS for a treatment. I'm on the last major color change for the border of the baby graph ghan and despite wanting to finish my x stitch pieces I ordered this book, one I saw on Attic 24: http://www.amazon.com/Cute-Easy-Crochet-Adorable-Projects/dp/1907563202/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322613855&sr=1-1

I want to make the Russina dolls in it and then want to branch out into different, small things for a change.

Have a great day, my friends:hug:manyheart

I have that book and I love it. I have those Russian dolls on my to do list too!!! They are so cute- I've never made anything like that so it'll be a challenge.

My hair is way overdue--I was supposed to go a few weeks ago, but then had to cancel- next appt I had already pre-scheduled is not until Dec 14--not sure if I can hold out that long!!;)

Thanks, Marisa, Judy and Linda.

Linda, did your mom do well with surgery? Praying that her recovery is uneventful. Your mom sounds like a feisty lady!

Gary had a church meeting this evening and with surgery being so late in the day I may not get an update until the morning. I'm sure that I would have heard if things did NOT go well. So no news is probably good news.

I finished the dishcloth I was knitting and started another one today.

As for the quilt, all of the ones we've done in this quilt group over the years have been mostly applique. I am toying with the idea of a center panel appliqued with an owl sitting on a branch with a few colorful leaves still attached to it, and then framing that panel with some sort of pieced detail, possibly in a log cabin setting.

Although...now that Judy mentioned falling leaves, I see that working in the same way. Some of the ladies would like to incorporate embroidery into their squares, and I would like to design something that could have some embroidered details added. However, i don;t want the embroidery to be essential to the design.

Ooooooo! Both those ideas sound really interesting. I'm not a big fan of applique, but have added embroidery to the lake quilt and have some more to do on that one.

John is swamped at work this week with being off both Thursday and Friday last week and the holidays just seem to be adding to the hurry-scurry there.

Linda- Your mom is in my prayers. Hope that the surgery was successful!!!

Marisa- Have fun at the game! I'm sure you do miss your basketball. Did the printer win again today? Or was it your turn?

Cindy- Love the neckwarmer pattern- thanks for sharing it!!! I printed it off already- and again, I'll learn something new!! Added to my list of things to make!!! Probably not till after the holidays!

You were busy today with the crafting! Good luck figuring out--I love the idea with the owl!

Dinner is ready (finally) so off I go!

Thanks, Joanne, glad you like it. What new thing will you learn from it? It's a seriously easy pattern, I think it took a couple of hours tops to make it.

FPDC and FPHDC!! I tried BPDC once- and think I did it right- but never did the FPHDC or FPDC!

It may get done before Christmas- if it is seriously that easy!:hook

Definitely that easy, once you master the front post stitches, which I think are slightly easier than back post stitches.

It's really just 14 rows of HDC and DC, done as front post stitches to add texture. Of course if you wanted it wider, you would have to do more rows.

Quick pop in to wish you all a good day! Running late here!!!

I saw that Tammy posted a thread for prayers and that Ken has had a relapse and they have appt today --may be for a bone marrow transplant.

Thought you'd want to know in case you didn't see the thread!

Linda- Hope your Mom is ok!!

Gotta run---'see you' later!

'morning, peeps!

Cindy I'm glad I gave you some food for thought with your project!

I saw that Tammy posted a thread for prayers and that Ken has had a relapse and they have appt today --may be for a bone marrow transplant.

Oh,no! I have to sign up for that thread. Poor Tam - on top of everything!!

Have a good day, ladies:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Morning Ladies,

Joanne, Glad SIL could fix your car for you. Thanks for the note about Ken.

Linda, :clap for your weight loss. Prayers for your Mom and I hope she has a speedy recovery. Bull-headiness I fall right into that. I'm having issues with myself accepting the fact that I'm going to have take blood pressure medicine. I will take it but I don't like it. The other night Dr. Oz had on his show about bp and said 1 cup of Hibiscus tea a day will lower your bp. I'm going to see if I have find it. It comes in from my Dad's side of the family. So you guys tell me to suck it up and do what I have to do. :yes

Glad Rosie and John made it home safe.

Judy, I checked out the Cute and Easy Crochet book at Attic24 and got lost there. I hadn't been there for awhile. I also checked out all the pics of the flicker group all ripples. One gal had hand/arm warmers done in ripple, relly nice looking. Those russian dolls are cute. Sounds like your having fun playing and learning your new tablet.

Cindy, Your idea sounds lovely for your quilt block. I was going to suggest something with the leaves changing colors to. It was the first thing that came to me. Your neck warm is really pretty and a nice color. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I use to make around 100 or more cut out sugar cookies, peanut butter fudge and cornflake wreaths. I haven't been doing as many cookies the few years. I did make my sugar cookie dough up yesterday and will bake those today. I also made Sugar Ball Cookies. Today I have to make my peanut butter fudge.

Marisa, Hope you won the game with the printer. I bet you really enjoyed the basketball game. I very muched enjoyed my kids playing sports year around and when graduated and I didn't have games to go to I sure did miss it and it was like something was missing my life.

I emailed one of are friends in Texas and received a very sad email back. Frank is a big fishing guy goes out everyday weather permiting. He died monday in the waters. I don't yet know what happened. Yes he goes out by himself and he always takes his phone. His boat was spotted without him in it. His anchor wasn't down and poles weren't out. The coast gauard did a search and rescue and found him in the channel. I don't know if he had his life jacket on either but do know that he wore one. Hubby and him made plans last year that this year he would take hubby out with him. Hubby didn't like the idea that he goes by himself a lot. He is one of the originals that started the park (there was a group of 40 that helped start it). By start it I mean the put the electric poles in, dug the lines for the sewer. Like building a village. He was a wonderful man to everyone who knew him. He was everyones friend. His wife JoAnn works in the kitchen with us ladies and she is just as lovely as them. If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for there family.

I have a busy day today. Baking the cookies. I'm going to make the frosting and let the kids frost the cookies sunday. I did that last year and they all have a ball doing it and it is a lot less work for me. I 'm going to wait and make my fudge saturday night then it won't be eaten and smelling so good in my car.

We have doctor appts tomorrow and the Christmas dinner sunday we are staying down at my sisters. Saturday I'm planning on going to some craft shows. They have a big one at MSU it's a 2 day show and if my sister is up to it we may wonder out there. We went to it once but it was years ago.

I have a load of laundry and packing to do. Need to load the car today to as we have early appts. So I'm off i'll check back in later today. Have a good one everyone.

Hope all those we aren't seeing are all okay.

Good morning ladies :hi

Late start again, but today it's because I just slept in :D We walked to the game last night which is a bit further than the walk to the steelers/pirates/pitt football games so it could count as a little workout :think

Joanne and Marlene - I won yesterday against the printer :clap:yay Now today I will work on configuring the scanner to go directly into my chiro software :think We'll see how that battle goes :eek The game was great and Pitt won :clap One of the freshmen on the team is from Philly and remember my friend that coached back there I talked about all the time...well, it one of his kids and it was great to finally get to see him play. He played really well too for the time he got. I was surprised at the amount of time he got to play seeing as he's just a freshman this year :yes Another thing that made the game fun was that they played against Duquesne, my sisters alma mater although she also cheered for Pitt, so the arena was pretty equally matched on fans.

Joanne - Thanks for sharing about Tam and Ken, I always have a hard time checking into other places here since until I check in here and our other thread....I need to do stuff :think I will definitely send some prayers her way :hug

Marlene - Prayers are also being said for Frank's family :hug :hug Good luck getting everything done today....appt's, laundry, cookies :drool

Judy - I sure know you're going to have a hard time picking out a pic for your wallpaper :eek But look on the bright side, you'll be able to change it as often as you want :devil

Cindy - I really like the way your quilt idea looks in my head :think:lol And I'm going to print out your neck warmer pattern right now! :yes

Good morning! Mom went to surgery at 5:00 yesterday. It went as expected. They put in pins to hold the broken ends in place. Some of the bone was nice and firm, but some of it was soft and kind of mushy, so time will tell how it heals. She should be back to her room at the nursing home some time between this weekend and the middle of next week. At this point she's pretty groggy from all the meds and somewhat disoriented which is to be expected. Otherwise doing well.

Visited with Rosie for a while this morning. Boy did we miss each other while they were gone. She had a great time though and got a bunch of me time too.

Thanks for the update on Tammy and Ken. They will be in my prayers.

Morning Ladies,

Bull-headiness I fall right into that. I'm having issues with myself accepting the fact that I'm going to have take blood pressure medicine. I will take it but I don't like it. The other night Dr. Oz had on his show about bp and said 1 cup of Hibiscus tea a day will lower your bp. I'm going to see if I have find it. It comes in from my Dad's side of the family. So you guys tell me to suck it up and do what I have to do. :yes

Take your pills, Marlene. High blood pressure is one of the silent killers. We don't want to lose you.

I use to make around 100 or more cut out sugar cookies, peanut butter fudge and cornflake wreaths. I haven't been doing as many cookies the few years. I did make my sugar cookie dough up yesterday and will bake those today. I also made Sugar Ball Cookies. Today I have to make my peanut butter fudge.

Oh, wow! I'll bet your house smells fabulous with all that baking.

I emailed one of are friends in Texas and received a very sad email back. Frank is a big fishing guy goes out everyday weather permiting. He died monday in the waters. I don't yet know what happened. Yes he goes out by himself and he always takes his phone. His boat was spotted without him in it. His anchor wasn't down and poles weren't out. The coast gauard did a search and rescue and found him in the channel. I don't know if he had his life jacket on either but do know that he wore one. Hubby and him made plans last year that this year he would take hubby out with him. Hubby didn't like the idea that he goes by himself a lot. He is one of the originals that started the park (there was a group of 40 that helped start it). By start it I mean the put the electric poles in, dug the lines for the sewer. Like building a village. He was a wonderful man to everyone who knew him. He was everyones friend. His wife JoAnn works in the kitchen with us ladies and she is just as lovely as them. If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for there family.

I'm so sorry. Will add his family to my prayers. One thing about it. He died doing what he loved. There are lots worse ways to go.

I have a busy day today. Baking the cookies. I'm going to make the frosting and let the kids frost the cookies sunday. I did that last year and they all have a ball doing it and it is a lot less work for me. I 'm going to wait and make my fudge saturday night then it won't be eaten and smelling so good in my car.

Fabulous idea to let the kids do the frosting.

We have doctor appts tomorrow and the Christmas dinner sunday we are staying down at my sisters. Saturday I'm planning on going to some craft shows. They have a big one at MSU it's a 2 day show and if my sister is up to it we may wonder out there. We went to it once but it was years ago.

Have a great time at your sister's house. And good luck at the doctor's appointments.

Hope all those we aren't seeing are all okay.

Hi All

Long time, no see

I'm hoping you remember me .

I think of you often ,believe it or not

I missed you all a whole lot .

It seems I tend to sit and fret

Probably more than anyone you've met .

A big thanks to all who sent me a note

I thought it was time to get in here and VOTE

ride a BOAT

wear a COAT

Buy a GOAT

Man, am I out of practice or what ?

I missed you guys and wanted to jump in and say hi . I hope all is well. I wouldnt even ATTEMPT to catch up on the 80 gazillion posts I missed .

I did see that Tam's husband is ill again ..To Tam -- :hugHang in there .I know you have a really huge group of people in the ville who care so much for you .I hope it helps you in some way to face the future .You are so strong !

To Linda

I saw your mom had surgery ,hope she will recover well and be her old self again soon,good as new .

To everyone else, I'll just say howdy for now and try to take it from here .

Linda - continued prayers for your mom's recovery :hug :hug

JULIE!!!!! :hi Seeing your post just brightened my whole day :yes:hug:manyheart I agree, you better not even try to catch up on what you've missed because then being here would feel like a chore. That's why I never went back from what I missed during the time I wasn't in regularly during my move :think So glad to 'see' you :hug :hug :hug

Hi there Marisa

How are things going for you ? Getting all settled in at your new place ? It's good to be back .

Now I just have to catch up with everyone's life and what all I missed . Are you getting started on Christmas yet, or is it too early ?

Julie!!!!!! Hi!!!!!!! It's sooooooo good to hear from you again!

Hi All

Long time, no see

I'm hoping you remember me .

I think of you often ,believe it or not

I missed you all a whole lot .

It seems I tend to sit and fret

Probably more than anyone you've met .

A big thanks to all who sent me a note

I thought it was time to get in here and VOTE

ride a BOAT

wear a COAT

Buy a GOAT

Man, am I out of practice or what ?

Sounds good to me. :lol

I missed you guys and wanted to jump in and say hi . I hope all is well. I wouldnt even ATTEMPT to catch up on the 80 gazillion posts I missed .

I did see that Tam's husband is ill again ..To Tam -- :hugHang in there .I know you have a really huge group of people in the ville who care so much for you .I hope it helps you in some way to face the future .You are so strong !

To Linda

I saw your mom had surgery ,hope she will recover well and be her old self again soon,good as new .

To everyone else, I'll just say howdy for now and try to take it from here .

John & Kim's son and family will be here the week before Christmas. Kim's mom and Sue will be here to help decorated the Christmas tree the weekend of the 9th.

Hi, Jules! Missed ya:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Marlene...if Hibiscus tea lowers BP...if you are on meds, do not use any of the tea until you check with your doctor!

Quick pop in to wish you all a good day! Running late here!!!

Linda- Hope your Mom is ok!!

Thanks for letting us know about Tam.

Archived