JulieKay

Our House Part Two

[ATTACH]47767[/ATTACH]

I'm so sorry guys........its been really rough here!!! My son's 'ex-to-be' has lost her ever lovin' mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has accused my son of horrible things.. and now has gone to accusing me of unbelievable things. My son lost his first fight of temporary custody of his girls. I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT EITHER! Oh the long story behind all this................ :sigh

Please forgive me ladies for being so scarce and so scatter-brained!

I am so disappointed in myself... I have let this woman get in my head and cause me to feel and think things that are NOT me! I'm also disappointed in myself for not seeing who she really was LONG AGO!

I'm just so sick.... I will never see my grandbabies again as long as she has them!

love you ladies... miss you bunches... and I am so very sorry for not being around and being so undependable.

:heart

:mug

Oh, Tammy! :hug :hug :hug :hug You are a wonderful person! You never really know what a person is like until the hard times roll around. I'm sorry you dil is turning out to be such a problem. You are all in my prayers. :hug :hug :hug Just hang in there and take it one little piece of a day at a time. This too shall pass. :hug :hug :hug

Hello! Sorry that I haven't been around lately:( Just too much going on and not much in the mood to post. But I have been keeping up with everyone's posts.

BF's grandpa passed away on Saturday-almost exactly two months from the day that his grandma passed. He went into the hospital with what they thought was pneumonia and was in there for 10 days before they realized it was actually lung cancer. Pretty sure he just wanted to be with his wife though and didn't fight. He was 84. We were all with him when he passed and it was difficult but he didn't suffer so that made it easier.

I've been sick with a respiratory virus and I think it's finally going away! Just makes me really exhausted and since I work 12 hour shifts I just don't get enough rest.

Tam- I am so sorry that you are going through all this with ds's soon to be ex! Some people are just plain vindictive and will do anything to hurt someone. It is amazing how some people can fool you. Don't blame yourself! Take care and let us know if we can do anything to help!:hug:manyheart

OOPS!-Got to go, but I'll be back later!

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheartTo everyone!

Oh, Trish! It's so hard to fight a bug when you can't get enough rest and 12 hour shifts don't leave much time for that if you have any kind of life outside of work. Praying for you. :hug :hug :hug

We had our excitement for the day already. We were in the midst of a severe thunderstorm warning and are still in a tornado watch area. John works about 20 minutes to the south of us and was in a tornado warning area and had to head to the stairwells. Kim and I and the puppies went to the lower level for a couple of hours, but are upstairs again now. No damage hear, but a man was killed not too far from here when a tree fell on his car as he was driving in the storm. Looks like things should be okay for the rest of the day now. Thank goodness. Will check back in later. :manyheart

Oh Tam, that's horrible!!! You never really do know a person until the breakup. The system is always a problem, I've seen a couple friends go through horrible custody battles and it just makes you wonder about how the judge is seeing things :think Don't let her get to you! :hug :hug

And Trish, :hug :hug Sorry about everything going on in your neck of the woods! Glad to hear that the respiratory infection is showing improvement though.

My meeting went well this afternoon and I got some good ideas :yes My cousin cancelled for tonight, so now we're going tomorrow instead.

Good morning, still not feeling well. Hopefully rest will take care of this virus. I have to work tomorrow and do not want to call in, since we are so busy.

I hope you rested today so you'll be okay for work tomorrow.:hug

Good morning ladies :hi

I called my 1 patient this morning to check up on him and he's coming back tomorrow :clap Unfortunately he did just injure himself so frequent treatment is needed for him right now.Good work, Dr. P!:)

My sister slipped yesterday and her ankle swelled up although it wasnt bothering her until last night. Now I just talked to my mom who asked if I talked to steph at all and I told her not today. I guess her ankle was keeping her up during the night and she's having trouble walking today. She should get an x-ray and my mom said she told her that but she just said she was going to talk to me :shrug I haven't heard from her yet and I did text her about something else earlier so maybe she did go to get an xray :think

I hope she got that xray!

I'm meeting with a massage therapist today to network, so that's this afternoon.

DS has a MT available at both of his offices. Good move, girl!:h5

I did geneology when the kids were small and learned lots of neat stuff. As I'm sorting through things for the move some of that is going to my brother and some to my daughter and some I'm keeping. With all the information on the internet now, I'd like to try to see if I can find out some more on some of the dead ends I ran into back when. I met some of the nicest people through the letters that I sent out and later met some of them in person. We even found a cemetary that one town had lost track of. It was supposed to be out on a one lane dirt road. Quite by accident I happened to glimpse the top of one of the tallest stones through the trees. We climbed through a fence and walked through a pasture and there it was. There was an old fence around it and the stones were very, very old but in good shape. It was almost surrounded by trees. We went back to the courthouse and reported its location. They planned to go out and maintain it and thanked us so much for finding it. Made me feel really good. A little piece of history was no longer lost.

Should be a fairly quiet day here, so I may get some sewing in. :manyheart

That was great - finding the cemetery!

[ATTACH]47767[/ATTACH]

I'm so sorry guys........its been really rough here!!! My son's 'ex-to-be' has lost her ever lovin' mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has accused my son of horrible things.. and now has gone to accusing me of unbelievable things. My son lost his first fight of temporary custody of his girls. I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT EITHER! Oh the long story behind all this................ :sigh

Please forgive me ladies for being so scarce and so scatter-brained!

I am so disappointed in myself... I have let this woman get in my head and cause me to feel and think things that are NOT me! I'm also disappointed in myself for not seeing who she really was LONG AGO!

I'm just so sick.... I will never see my grandbabies again as long as she has them!

love you ladies... miss you bunches... and I am so very sorry for not being around and being so undependable.

Oh, Tam......:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Hello! Sorry that I haven't been around lately:( Just too much going on and not much in the mood to post. But I have been keeping up with everyone's posts.

I know how that goes:hug

BF's grandpa passed away on Saturday-almost exactly two months from the day that his grandma passed. He went into the hospital with what they thought was pneumonia and was in there for 10 days before they realized it was actually lung cancer. Pretty sure he just wanted to be with his wife though and didn't fight. He was 84. We were all with him when he passed and it was difficult but he didn't suffer so that made it easier.

I've heard of that happening quite a lot.:yes He chose his own way out...nothing invasive, so he was peaceful.:hug

I've been sick with a respiratory virus and I think it's finally going away! Just makes me really exhausted and since I work 12 hour shifts I just don't get enough rest.

Make sure you have enough fluids and vitamins in you - eating properly has to be nearly impossible but do your best:hug:manyheart

Off I go for tonight:hug:manyheart

Too tired to post tonight! But just wanted to say hi and sending prayers and hugs for Tammy and Trish

See you in the AM

Tam.so sorry about the issues with dil. Hope it can be resolved in the best way for the children.

Trish, hope you feel better soon.

Hi Ladies,

Trish, Hope your feeling better soon. Sorry to hear about BF's grandpa. He was probably missing grandma terrible. They both are at peace and as happy as can be now.:hug

Tam, Please don't let dil get to you. You know and everyone that knows you knows what a wonderful person you are. Like Marisa said you have to wonder what the courts/judges are looking at. Tell DS to keep fighting. We could compare some notes on dil's. Mine has pulled a couple good ones. Were here for you when you need someone to listen or need a hug.:hug

Linda, Glad your all safe!

Mary, Glad DD is feeling better. Hope Luke doesn't get sick to.

Marisa, :clap for following up with your patient and him needing more care. How did your sisters ankle turn out?

Judy, I like Marisa's new nickname Dr.P. It's cute!

Joanne, Hope you get some extra rest tonight.

Cindy, Are you feeling any better tonight? You doing laundry reminded me I had laundry in the washer. I'll have nice warm pj's.

Today hubby worked cutting up deer. It's deer season here. They did 56 today and will have more than that tomorrow.

I went to the store today. Needed milk and figured I would get the rest of are Thanksgiving Dinner while I was out. I need to bake the rest of the week. I have some bananas they will be banana bread. Zucchini to freeze. Some apples to make apple pie and apple crisp.

I need to make a pt appt tomorrow to. I haven't done that and the doctor isn't going to be happy about it. I discovered something at DD's that I have to struggle to do. That is trying to hold up 3 fingers. The ring, middle and index fingers. I was going to hold up 3 fingers for Maya and really had to struggle to do it.It's crossing the thumb over the pinkie that makes it hard to lift the other three.

Robin Williams is on Jay Leno tonight. Hoping I can stay awake to watch it. I really like him.

I'm off. I'll catch you all tomorrow. Have a good wednesday!

post-18634-135897711656_thumb.gif

You all are the best... thank you!

I guess I needed to hear all this .... you know... that little reminder from friends that I'm okay.

My son is hanging in there... my poor boy!

I'll have to share some of the sorted story with you all tomorrow! Its unbelievable!

I appreciate the love and prayers! It really does a heart and mind good to know I have friends behind me and my family!

have a great night ... sleep well everyone!:hug

Good morning!

Quick post to wish you all a good day.

Hang in there Tam- We're here for you!! Sending lots of hugs/prayers/positive thoughts!

Off to get ready for paradise...at least I get out at normal time today!!!!

Good morning. Feeling a bit better so off to work for me.

Glad you are feeling a bit better Cindy! Hope your day goes smoothly and like me, before you know it- the work day will be over :cheer

Have good days at work Joanne and Cindy.

:hug :hug :hug Lots of hugs to Tammy and Trish. :hug :hug :hug

It's mostly cloudy here today and a good 25* colder than yesterday. John and the others at E*Trade spent a good hour in the stairwells yesterday. Kim and I didn't get more than a couple good thunderstorms out of it. I just felt more comfortable with her downstairs where we could take it slow and easy than having to do it in a hurry like we did one other time. She did very well both going down and up the stairs. She investigated all the things on the stand by my chair down there and Sweet Pea jumped up in her lap for some loving.

The November Charity CAL started today so I'll start by working on the pink prayer shawl that I frog earlier this week. We've got virtual peppermint cocoa and cookies with dried cranberries, walnuts, and chocolate chips over there if any of you would like to join us in some goodies. They are guaranteed to be calorie free. So you can indulge to your heart's content. :devil

Good morning! Just a quick note to say hi and thanks! You are all the best!:hug Looks like my life is up for some big changes soon-glad to know that I have all of you to talk to!Take care and have a fabulous day!:manyheart

Linda-Thanks! I'm finally catching up on my rest and feeling a lot better. Hope everyone stays safe during the storm!:hug

Marisa-Congrats on getting your business up and going! Thanks-feeling much better now-just need to get the rest of my life together!

Judy- Trying to eat better now-just nothing smells or tastes good when I'm sick!:lol

Joanne- thanks!:hugHave a good day in paradise!

Cindy-Thanks and glad you are feeling better!:hug

Marlene-It's been a rough couple of months for everyone but yes they are

both in a better place and together.:hug

Hi, All :waving

I plan to do a better job than I have of late at writing individual comments, but before I do that, I just want to give you all a big :hug hug :hug. As I was reading back through all of the posts that I missed yesterday, my heart was warmed by the kindness and concern that weaves its way into all of your posts. I realize Our House is a very special place, but I want to thank you for making it as wonderful as it is :manyheart

Marisa ~ Congrats on your first patient and his repeat visits. Word-of-mouth is bound to send more business you way, too. I am soooo happy that you are able to realize your dream of having your own practice. Keep your chin up and keep up the great work :hug I was sorry to hear that Sloan (How's he doing, today?) did not feel well enough to be able to spend time with you at his school the other day, but it worked well that you could be Averie's Special Guest -- she sounds like such an enthusiastic and cute child.

Cindy ~ Even though I can see that you were heading out to work this morning, I am still going to send some 'Get Well' wishes your way, in the hopes that the germs leave you completely alone. It would be good if your could go and see your parents, though I know you will hold-off on visiting until you are healthy, if you have to. A cowl sounds like a good gift for your oldest DD. Do you get the Caron newsletter? They had a quick and easy infinity cowl pattern posted today, as part of thier countdown to the holidays... Sorry to hear that the slippers are still missing in action -- wonder where they are hiding :think You are bound to find them after you make a cowl ;)

Phyllis ~ How nice to see you. And, a great big, "Congrats!" on your delivery for Project Linus.

Joanne ~ I hope today went well for you. It's great to hear that you had so many trainees start this week, but I can just imagine the extra work involved in getting them comfortable with your practices and policies. Good luck. Hearing that you only have a couple of late evenings through next month is exciting. Since it still gets dark by 4:30 (at least it does here), your evening commute still takes place in the dark, but I am glad you are not out late too often. I am envious of your craft nights -- they sound perfect!

Mary ~ I hope your DD feels better, quickly. I know you loved your time with little Luke, though. Did you make handprint turkeys for your house and DD's refrigerator? I have a whole flock of them decorating one wall right now from my girls. I like seeing the visual of how much they have grown (and how much their art talents have changed :lol) over the years. What did you choose to tackle on your "you" day? Over the years you have made oodles of scarves for your DD and her friends. Do you have an assignment before Christmas this year? What do you have on your hook, now?

Marlene ~ Genealogy is so very interesting. How neat that you have some physical places to visit and some leads on your relatives. I am glad that Maya is finally feeling better. It sure sounded as though that bug hit her hard. Do you have the same snow and feeling that 'winter is here to stay' that I do? I have been so spoiled this fall with the warm temps, that I had almost convinced myself that snow would look good when it eventually arrived. "Nope," it still looks cold :lol You had asked me about my stuffed squash recipe, so I dug it out of my files. Here you go:

2 med. acorn squash, halved & seeds removed

4 slices bacon, diced

1 med. onion, diced

1 # ground beef

1/4 C brown sugar

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/2 tsp dried sage

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

2 Tbl dry bread crumbs

Place squash halves, cut-side down, in a baking dish. Add 2C of water to this dish and bake at 350* for 40 minutes. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add onion. Cook an additional 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the ground beef. Cook, breaking beef apart, for 5 minutes. Add brown sugar & seasonings. Cook 1 min. Remove from heat and stir in crumbs. Drain water from the baking dish and flip the squash halves over. Spoon meat mixture into the squash halves. Return the pan to the oven and bake 20 minutes.

Yield: 4 servings -- 398 calories, 12g Fat (5g Saturated Fat), 27g Protein, 48g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 399mg Sodium, 76mg Cholesterol

Linda ~Oh, your severe weather sounded scary. I am glad you and Kim and John survived alright, but what a nerve-wracking day you must have had. Did the storms leave your area overnight, so that you could get a peaceful sleep? I am like you, 'better safe than sorry.' When we have tornado warnings up here, I take everything down to the basement and listen to the weather radio from there, rather than sitting up near the big bay windows. I do not like storms :no I loved your plug for the Charity CAL with the calorie-free treats -- very enticing. I have never joined you all over there, but I do peek at all of the beautiful, finished projects. I have put a call in to a gal who is collecting bereavement blankets, and I hope she will be able to take some crocheted items from me in the New Year. If it works out, I may have to pop into the CAL and speak up:)

Tam ~ Oh, Honey :hug:hugYou do not deserve to feel badly because of DS's ex. You are a wonderful, giving, strong woman, and I know you will do everything in your power to help your son and get time with your grandbabies. You are the perfect mama bear and such an inspiration to so many. Hang in there:hug We are happy to give support and encouragement whenever you need it! Do not beat yourself up for not seeing the woman's true personality in the past; I am sure you did your best to support your son and his whole family, and that may have prompted you to put on blinders, because your son needed you in his corner. You are still there for him, and you will all get through this rough time!

Trish ~ Ohhh, my condolances to your BF on the loss of his grandfather. I am glad the family could be with him, and I am positive he is happier to be reunited with his wife, than to be feeling ill in a hospital. :hugto your family. I am sorry to hear you are suffering with an icky virus, too. Your shifts would be tough at any time, but when your body is fighting germs, I can only imagine how wrung-out you feel. Take good care.

Wrennie ~ Are you close to having ample wood to last you through the winter? Every time I think about the hours and hours you have spent moving, stacking, etc. your woodpile, my arms and back ache for you. I know it did not get off to a great start, but, perhaps, this winter will not be too bad for y'all? Be careful with all of that heavy work!

Winter snuck up on us and, then, hit hard and fast. Tuesday afternoon, there were a few, pretty snowflakes fluttering through the air as I picked the girls up from school. Three hours later, when DH drove home, the roads were covered in a thick layer of ice, and the snow was coming down so heavily, that it was tough for him to see the lines out on the highway. Temps only rose into the 'Teens, yesterday, so the sun did not have a chance to melt the roadways. It took me over an hour to get into town, and that was because I took as many dirt, backroads as I could find to give my tires traction. I could not psyche myself up enough to make the drive in this morning in the dark to volunteer, so I asked the teachers if I could not help them tomorrow. They were completely supportive, so here I am :hook I will have to go and pick the girls up in a few hours, but the sunshine is out and I am hopeful the road crews have scraped some of the ice off of the intersections :xfin 'Til then, I am going to work on a baby RR using Bernat Baby Boucle in Pale Pink and White.

Have a good Thursday. :hugto all who need them.

Edited by rii698
Forgot recipe for Marlene

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Sounds like there's alot going on in the house today.

My new patient did come back today :D He'll be back on monday again :clap My cousin cancelled on dinner last night so now we're going tonight :xfin I made a cheeseburger pie last night, not for dinner, but just to have in the fridge for us. My sister's ankle is still bothering her and of course she did NOT go for x-rays. I had her treating it at home last night and made her take my stim unit to work with her as well. I'll see what it looks like later on.

A new friend of mine had surgery today to repair his ACL in his knee, he was in early and is already home at his mom's house. I think his cousin is on babysitting duty :lol Actually, he was there by 12:30 :eek

Judy - Massage and chiro together I think just give the most amazing results :yes Dr. Tan and my old boss used to call me Dr. P! You made me think of them just now :manyheart

Joanne - I hope your day is going well and that you got some good rest last night :hug

Cindy - Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, hopefully work is a little subdued for you today :hug

Marlene - Did you schedule your PT?!?! Sounds like the median nerve to me :think

Linda - Can't wait to see your prayer shawl, glad you got through the weather ok :hug

Dusti - Be careful with all that snow/ice :hug We've been lucky so far this year.

Tam and Trish - I hope you're both doing a bit better :hug

Work was relatively quiet today. I worked in the cardiac ICU rather than Medical ICU where I usually work. I worked cardiac for many years though, so I felt quite comfortable. I don't feel too bad, but I am awfully tired. I am hoping to at least get some vacuuming done this evening though.

DD doesn't feel well either. I made soup in the crockpot for dinner, and I think it will hit the spot. DH made oatmeal bread to go with it. (love warm homemade bread!)

Marisa, sounds like you are a hit with your first patient!

Dusti, I did not see that Caron pattern, it hasn't showed up in my email yet. However, dd has pinned a ribbed knit cowl that I think I can duplicate in crochet quite easily, without a pattern. (I could knit it, but it would have to be for next Christmas! I am s-l-o-w!)

We had snow all day today, but it isn't really sticking much. It's just at the freezing mark out there.

flyby - didn't get to say hi to all of you earlier...I'm still here:lol

CU all tomorrow!

Good morning!

Dusti- What a wonderful post!

Now that I've caught up with the posts, it's time for me to get a move on here and get ready for Paradise--and thank goodness it's Friday!!!!

Catch up more later!!!

Hugs to all!!!

Good morning all. It's chilly and sunny here today. John's going to go deer hunting after work today at a place nearby. With as many people as he has who would like him to shoot them a deer, he'd better not come up empty handed all season. :D

I just about doubled the length of the pink shawl yesterday and have hopes of finishing it off today. I made more goodies for the November Charity CAL today and made a double batch so that I could share some with you here too. Today it's fresh home-made cinnamon rolls (calorie-free unless you choose to add butter to yours) along with big pots of peppermint tea and coffee (again calorie-free unless you choose to add cream to yours.)

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday! :manyheart

Good morning. Cold here, but sunny.

Still not feeling 100%, but not too bad. Mostly just really tired. I slept very well last night. I am planning to visit my parents today. I'll just keep my distance from my mom and wear a mask when visiting my dad. I'd go another time, but I think my brother and sister in law could really use a break from the responsibility for a day.

Well, better get to my to-do list. Not much, some more vacuuming, clean bathrooms and a load of laundry. I already baked muffins to take to my mom. It'll make her feel a little less dependent if she has some ready to eat food.

Good morning. Cold here, but sunny.

Still not feeling 100%, but not too bad. Mostly just really tired. I slept very well last night. I am planning to visit my parents today. I'll just keep my distance from my mom and wear a mask when visiting my dad. I'd go another time, but I think my brother and sister in law could really use a break from the responsibility for a day.

Well, better get to my to-do list. Not much, some more vacuuming, clean bathrooms and a load of laundry. I already baked muffins to take to my mom. It'll make her feel a little less dependent if she has some ready to eat food.

Have a good day with your folks Cindy. Be careful on the roads. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. :hug

Good morning ladies :hi

My sister's ankle is doing better, not 100%, but better :D She'll aggravate it tonight because we're going out and will be walking :eek So, I reminded her not to overdue it during the day so she'll be better off later since she is off today, but does have a couple errands to do. Sloan is also doing better and went back to school yesterday :yes

I stopped over by the place I'm having my signs done at and picked out a vinyl for the freestanding sign. I decided that since the one above and below my spot are white with lettering that mine would pop more to have a color backgroud and white lettering :think Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the building dept of the township to see if I need a permit for this. I can read between the lines on all the paperwork and find a clear answer about laying vinyl on a structure that's already there, so we shall see.

We had dinner last night with my cousin which was nice. He'll be shipped out to Kuwait next year at the end of august for 400 days :eek And he's having horrible problems with one of his kids right now :( Totally reminds me of my brother!

Joanne - TGIF! :) Almost time for a couple days off :wink

Linda - yummy, cinnamon rolls ( and yep, I like butter :blush) and the tea sounds wonderful too :drool

Cindy - Be careful heading to your parents, what kind of muffins did you make? Glad to hear your feeling decent now :hug

Marisa, I made blueberry and bran muffins.

I called to see how my Dad is doing and he has been moved to a regular floor and they are working on rehab. His breathing is pretty much back to his baseline.

Got my to do list done, just need to find a craft project to take along to my parents.

Marisa I like the idea of you having a contrasting sign between those of your neighbors. Good idea on checking out the code too. Those can be tricky sometimes.

Your muffins sound yummy Cindy.

The guys are here blowing and bagging up leaves from the yard. Which, of course, is driving the dogs crazy. :dog :dog

:bang:thair:yell:thair:bang

Now that that's out of my system. I discovered a mistake way, way back when I attached the second skein on yarn to the pink shawl and have had to make ANOTHER trip to the :frog:2frog frog pond. :2frog:frog Sigh! :sigh Oh well start in again. Hopefully I've got it right this time.

Hope you all are having better success than I am. :blush

Hi, ladies - our friends came over for the afternoon, so

we were out and about....

I just about doubled the length of the pink shawl yesterday and have hopes of finishing it off today. I made more goodies for the November Charity CAL today and made a double batch so that I could share some with you here too. Today it's fresh home-made cinnamon rolls (calorie-free unless you choose to add butter to yours) along with big pots of peppermint tea and coffee (again calorie-free unless you choose to add cream to yours.)

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday! :manyheart

Yummy!

And wtg on the charity CAL!

Cindy, I hope your trip to see your folks turns out well.

Marissa, I love hearing your excitement at gettinga sign made! I'm reliving all that DS had to do through hearing all your news. I hope your sister's ankel improves!!

Have a good night, my friends.:hug:manyheart