Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, Mary! No way would I tackle doing a quilt by hand. It's bad enough with the machine. Appliquing on all the flowers and butterflys for the Butterfly Quilt is bad enough. That's probably where I'll start using all the new gadgets. I got a special ruler at the expo as well that will make drawing in quilting lines with an water disdolvable chalk/lead pencil much, much easier too. I'll be trying that out on that same quilt too. And yesterday I received in the mail a pattern for a cape that I ordered at the Expo. They were out of it and mailed it as soon as they got home. I'm planning on making it out of some of my glitzy oriental fabrics. They had one that was done that was at the show and it was out-of-the-world gorgeous. I may make a solid one out of a heavier fabric too. Suede maybe? :think Or leather? :think We shall see.

Have fun with little guy.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judy ~ Awww, Miss Lucy is just a growing girl. :lol Gracie does well with baths, but hates to have her nails trimmed, too. Of course, I'm too chicken to do that myself. ;) What pattern are you using for the graph ghan?

The pattern is a sunbonnet girl with a dog....they have a dog, so I'm making it the same color - or as close to it as I can. Istarted it last night and it's going fast....:)

I was thinking today what a nice season fall is. The scorching temps of summer are gone and the freezing temps of winter are still in the distance. There is a crisp feel to the air. The trees put on an awesome display of color as their leaves turn from green to yellow, orange, red, and rust. On quiet days they drift down to the ground in lazy groups of one or two. On windy days they swirl and dance in clusters as they cascade from the trees to eventually gather in drifts on the lawn and driveway. Acorns come pounding down and lay on the ground awaiting a footstep to make them explode with a Pop-scrunch-crunch sound. No matter how carefully I walk the leaves rustle with every step I take and I'm reminded of the fun of raking them into big piles as a child and then taking a flying leap into them. They cushion the landing and explode everywhere as laughter resounds. At night the stars seem especially bright and I'm reminded of bonfires with friends in the evening and roasting hot dogs and brats in the fire and later toasting marshmellows until they are a wonderful gooey mess and trying to eat them without getting the goo all over my face. Not too successfully on many occasions and then making S'mores with the marshmellows melting the chocolate and combining with the graham crackers to make a sinfully decadent treat. And nothing beats the crunch of fresh apples as their sweet crispness explodes in my mouth, except maybe pumpkin pie made from scratch. The house fills with the aroma of baking pumpkins and the texture of that fresh pumpkin in the pies that go in the oven later just cannot compare with the mushy stuff from the can. It's a time of memories, both remembering the past and making new ones for the future.

May you all have a fabulous fall. :manyheart

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I'm at my parents house :clap I dropped some paperwork off at the bank this morning and made a quick stop by the office and then left. I got in at about 2:30, took a shower and then went with my mom to her dr appt at 3:30. We came back and just finished dinner. My mom and I are going to run out to walmart in a bit. She made blueberry pie last night :drool I'm too full from dinner, so will have mine when we get back from running.

I just breezed through the posts and am not prepared for individual comments :( I am getting my inspection tomorrow, so we'll drop my car off tonight when we run out.

Joanne - I'm not sure when I'll be on, but you have my cell so we'll be able to get together and time and place to meet up. I'll let you pick a spot since I'm not familiar with everything over there. My seminar is in a hotel at the Newark airport, I'd have to look up which one though :think

I should be back tomorrow before I leave my parents, have a wonderful evening :hug

Linda you are some writer! That was nice. Judy you make awesome graph ghans! This is actually my first...it has a football in the middle and says lucky blanket. Yes I like the knook so far..could always order one from online. Gotta go DD is having some issues. Night ladies

'morning, peeps!

Thank you, mommy:rofl:rofl:rofl

...seriously - I'll be calling my doc to get that done next week....

I don't do that when I have anything going on - like a wedding this weekend! At the least my arm is always very sore afterwards.....

Yay for tablets!

I have a graph ghan I'm making for my neighbor's new baby girl-to-be (due in March)...

Thaty's for sure! She doesn't like being restrained when they clip her nails....though that might be becaus eI'm there.

I heard the light covering that might come will be NW of us - tg!

Off I go!

BBL - have a good one, everybody:hug:manyheart

That's why I didn't get MY flu shot at work! It's free, but they were giving it the Wed before I was going to Boston for my birthday weekend. I didn't want to have a sore arm on vacation!!! My arm was pretty sore yesterday, just a little sore today and I expect by tomorrow, the soreness will be 95% gone!!

TG about the snow going NW--I'm not ready for that yet!!!!

Linda- loved reading your Fall Musings!!! Thank you for that!

Marisa- Maybe I'll just meet you at the hotel- let me know which one!!! LOL If your # is the same, we're good and I'll text you!

Mary- Have fun with Luke!

Marlene- WTG on getting the pumpkins done! You are a good grandma to make the choc chip cookie dough for Maya!

LONG day in Paradise- and since it was raining, it took me an hour to get home. Just sitting down now!!!

Going to watch the game and crochet for a bit!

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Nice story! When the kids were young we would have a bonfire to burn off the leaves we'd raked. I invited 2 girlfriends over with there kids and we would roast hot dogs and make smores or just marshmallows what ever there liking was. We always apple cider to. It was a fall tradition for many years. I miss it.

Mary, My SIL hand quilts. There is no way I would, but I have a machine and she doesn't know anything about one. She loves it.

Were thinking of going to Zac's football game tomorrow night. There in the playoffs and play at home. It's just going to be so cold. I may have to wear my flannel lined jeans.

Sunday we will be going to see off hubby's sister. She, her daughters family are moving to Florida. She is retiring and going to be babysitting the DGS he's 2or3. He is not a well behaved boy. He does as he wants his parents thinks it cute. Maybe Grandma can straighten him out. I hope it works out for her as she is giving up a lot to move with them. They are all really close so that should be okay.

I'm off. DD called me to remind me Charlie Brown is on. Maya told her Grandma won't forget, but I did. I told her I would watch it. So off Iam. Have a good friday everyone!

Happy, Happy Friday one and all!!!

Game 7 tonight of the World's Series---what a game last night--and of course, it went to extra innings so I was up late! Exciting game- but to all the TX fans- sorry for the loss!

Hope you all have a wonderful day- it's on the chilly (about 33 degrees) side out there today! Hope it warms up a bit for Monday and all the trick or treaters!

Have a good one!

'morning, peeps!

Miss Lucy is probably in the middle of her bath as I write this and not a very happy puppy!:lol I didn't feed her a meal this morning...just a couple of cookies...I was afraid she might get herself all worked up and the food wouldn't sit well on her tummy if that was the case.

I had to warm up the car to melt off the thin coating of ice before we left!

...and I'll have to get my flu shot at the pharmacy...my doc ran out of the vaccine!

And that World Series game was way too exciting!!!! I was just glad the Yankees weren't involved - my stomach would have been in a knot!

Have a good day, my friends...:hug:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

We got a little bit of flurries yesterday and I was excited :D My mom and I did some shopping at walmart and I got some things for the office. I'll be staying here for supper and then head over to Newark later....it's just a 2 hour drive from here. I have to run to the bank and then I'm going to try to do up some paperwork. Oh, I can now accept Cigna insurance :clap That's my first provider number :cheer Too bad I just can't conduct business yet :shrug

Joanne - The hotel info is Renaissance Newark Airport, 1000 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 and my seminar is until 5 on saturday and 1 on sunday. So whatever works for you. I know you said you'll be in Newark on saturday, but I'm not sure what time you have to be at dd's. Just let me know what works for you :D

Sounds like everyone is doing well, which is wonderful to hear :hug :hug :hug

Good morning. Woke up to the news that John's flight home from San Francisco will be delayed 2 hours so he'll hit Atlanta rush hour traffic on his way home from the airport. However, the conference was a huge success and he signed a new client which is a feather in his cap.

Tille is being so sweet while her mommy and daddy (mostly daddy) are gone. She spends most of her time by the front door, but she wags her tail whenever I come over, goes outside and stretches, does her business, and prances back inside and skids to a stop at her treat sight. I praise here like mad and give her scritches and she wriggles in pleasure.

I put both dogs on the weight maintenance food while John was gone and neither of them are crazy about it. If they are hungry, they eat it, but not nearly as much as the stuff John's been buying. I think that Sweet Pea is already losing some of her excess poundage.

It's overcast today and we could have some showers later. Then it's supposed to be clear again for about a week or more.

Yay for the sports fans! :yay One more game tonight to see who takes the title and bragging rights for another year. :yay Hope it's a good game.

Hi everyone! Luke should be here in a few minutes - so a quick good morning to all.

Linda ~ Thank you for sharing so many good memories. :manyheart We're actually having a little "real Fall" this year and it's beautiful!

Marisa ~ Safe travels this weekend. I hope your seminar goes well...and that you and Joanne get to meet for a visit!

Judy ~ Can't wait to see the graph 'ghan! :hook

Here is Little Guy in his costume. :lol The precious little girl is his best friend Caroline...she wouldn't wear her Elmo hat, but who would want to cover up that face?:c9

Have a good Friday, Ladies. GO RANGERS! (These games are nerve wracking...we're exhausted. :lol)

post-10699-135897707223_thumb.jpg

post-10699-135897707228_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone! Luke should be here in a few minutes - so a quick good morning to all.

Linda ~ Thank you for sharing so many good memories. :manyheart We're actually having a little "real Fall" this year and it's beautiful!

Thank you Mary.

Marisa ~ Safe travels this weekend. I hope your seminar goes well...and that you and Joanne get to meet for a visit!

Here is Little Guy in his costume. :lol The precious little girl is his best friend Caroline...she wouldn't wear her Elmo hat, but who would want to cover up that face?:c9

What can I say but ADORABLE!!!!

Have a good Friday, Ladies. GO RANGERS! (These games are nerve wracking...we're exhausted. :lol)

Good luck tonight with the game.

Good morning ladies :hi

We got a little bit of flurries yesterday and I was excited :D My mom and I did some shopping at walmart and I got some things for the office. I'll be staying here for supper and then head over to Newark later....it's just a 2 hour drive from here. I have to run to the bank and then I'm going to try to do up some paperwork. Oh, I can now accept Cigna insurance :clap That's my first provider number :cheer Too bad I just can't conduct business yet :shrug

Joanne - The hotel info is Renaissance Newark Airport, 1000 Spring Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07201 and my seminar is until 5 on saturday and 1 on sunday. So whatever works for you. I know you said you'll be in Newark on saturday, but I'm not sure what time you have to be at dd's. Just let me know what works for you :D

Sounds like everyone is doing well, which is wonderful to hear :hug :hug :hug

Thanks for the info Marissa! Waiting to see what the weather does tomorrow. I'm tentatively going to DD's around 11 tomorrow and not sure how long I'm staying- probably not till 5--she has to work on her thesis. But maybe Sunday meet for lunch before you head back home? i'll give you a call!

Love the pics!!

Talk about exhausted!! I'm glad I saw the game- it was a classic---but I'm tired and going to watch the game now! it was a LONG day in Paradise so I'm going to sign off now

Hugs to all--I'll catch up tomorrow!

Morning all,

I slept in today- and just wanted to send hugs to the TX fans!!! And Congrats to any Cards fans.

I've got a lot to do today--and it's rainy, dreary, cold, and they are saying snow-I sure hope they are wrong on the Snow part!

BBL!

Been cleaning all morning since I got up- and it's still yucky out. DD called and its snowing in Newark so the plans to visit with her have been cancelled. I may be going to see her tomorrow instead.

Really, really wish the weather wasn't so yucky out there today!!! Don't the weather gods know this is my day off?:lol

EDIT to ADD---It's SNOWING!!!:snow here now- rain turned to snow and this is just crazy in October!!!

:(

'morning, peeps!

Mary, such cute pics!!:c9

VERY heavy and wet snow out thereright now...I just pulled out my hooded parka! Miss Lucy was out in the rain this AM...hasn't met the wet snow yet:lol

We went to a wedding last night. It was a smallish one, and held at the PNC Arts Center Reception Hall near us,

5 minutes from our house:D THAT was a first! And the food was excellent...:):):):)

But a word here...and I'm going to sound like an old lady, but...

NEVER allow children in a wedding party - they were a total distraction and all over place! Cute, but...:P Almost without exception they were all nieces, nephews and cousins of the groom, so the bride was being accomodating (sp?).

Anywho...we're hibernating here: doing laundry while we have power. HOPING the huge limbs on the still-fully leafed oak trees stay ayyached to the trees....

Later, gators:hug

:sun How are you all on this lovely Saturday?

Its beautiful here. Sun shinning … cool crispness in the air…. Perfect Fall day!

Wow… its been like FOREVER since I took time to chat with you all! I tell ya….. this last year has been so busy… and recently since school started… it seem to get busier… and now my son has been home this last month on leave. Its been a wonderful visit… but unfortunately a trying time for him. His wife decided she wanted a divorce. She’s apparently been planning this for the last few months… moved in with a guy and sprang this on him right before he came home. I know this may all seem a bit personal to be sharing … but my son and granddaughters really need some prayers right now. Its much uglier than we all thought. His ex-to be… is living with a registered sex offender and possibly doing drugs. My grandbabies have been living with her parents and I haven’t seen them in MONTHS. I didn’t know all this so now I understand why I haven’t seen the girls… my ex-daughter-in-law to be has really changed!!!! My son is fighting for custody of his girls! Such a sad thing for them all to have to go through!

Anyway… its been a busy visit ….. but we’re doing what we can to enjoy our time together while helping my son get his case together to fight for his girls!

post-18634-13589770761_thumb.jpg

On to the other things that have kept me busy………………..

My three youngest boys………. OMy.

They sure keep me hoppin’ !

Fall Baseball is over… and Wrestling season is about to start.

Patrick proved himself this Summer and Fall with his pitching. He received a letter from a college the other day sent to the High School through his counselor….. wanting to get to know him and spend time with him for recruiting purposes. I cant even begin to tell you how excited and proud we are!

post-18634-13589770763_thumb.jpg

Michael is still in remission! PRAISE GOD!!! He’s doing great… and feeling great! He loves school this year. He loves Jr High!

David is still hunting those bugs………. We have a lovely mantis to add to our pets again this year. He had three… but let 2 go after a while…. But just couldn’t get rid of this last one… he has way too much fun with them.

post-18634-135897707635_thumb.jpg

As for Ken………. He too is still in remission! THANK YOU GOD!!! He has a routine bone marrow biopsy scheduled for next month… but all blood tests so far are showing him to be clean!!!

Me……….? Well… in between keeping up with all of them… I have been crocheting as much as I possibly can… gifts… swaps…. Charity… etc… and trying to write some patterns out.

We had a wonderful trip to the local Pumpkin patch …….. spent the whole day playing and having fun. It was a day needed! A great way to separate ourselves from the dealings of the world for one day. Just what my son needed …. With all that’s going on in his life right now with the divorce.

post-18634-135897707638_thumb.jpg

Well… off to get a coffee refill… check on some more email… and see if my pumpkin bars are cool yet!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897707627_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon gang. Got a sound night's sleep, but feel like I could take a really long nap now. Have run several errands and am now going to veg out. Talked to Rosie and John last night. They only got 5" of snow earlier in the week. Not the 18" that they were calling for. They're having a marvelous time.

:sun How are you all on this lovely Saturday?

Its beautiful here. Sun shinning … cool crispness in the air…. Perfect Fall day!

Wow… its been like FOREVER since I took time to chat with you all! I tell ya….. this last year has been so busy… and recently since school started… it seem to get busier… and now my son has been home this last month on leave. Its been a wonderful visit… but unfortunately a trying time for him. His wife decided she wanted a divorce. She’s apparently been planning this for the last few months… moved in with a guy and sprang this on him right before he came home. I know this may all seem a bit personal to be sharing … but my son and granddaughters really need some prayers right now. Its much uglier than we all thought. His ex-to be… is living with a registered sex offender and possibly doing drugs. My grandbabies have been living with her parents and I haven’t seen them in MONTHS. I didn’t know all this so now I understand why I haven’t seen the girls… my ex-daughter-in-law to be has really changed!!!! My son is fighting for custody of his girls! Such a sad thing for them all to have to go through!

Oh,no! That's awful! Prayers going out to son and granddaughters. :hug :hug

Anyway… its been a busy visit ….. but we’re doing what we can to enjoy our time together while helping my son get his case together to fight for his girls!

[ATTACH]47066[/ATTACH]

On to the other things that have kept me busy………………..

My three youngest boys………. OMy.

They sure keep me hoppin’ !

Fall Baseball is over… and Wrestling season is about to start.

Patrick proved himself this Summer and Fall with his pitching. He received a letter from a college the other day sent to the High School through his counselor….. wanting to get to know him and spend time with him for recruiting purposes. I cant even begin to tell you how excited and proud we are!

[ATTACH]47067[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]47068[/ATTACH]

Oh, wow!

Michael is still in remission! PRAISE GOD!!! He’s doing great… and feeling great! He loves school this year. He loves Jr High!

Hoorray!

David is still hunting those bugs………. We have a lovely mantis to add to our pets again this year. He had three… but let 2 go after a while…. But just couldn’t get rid of this last one… he has way too much fun with them.

[ATTACH]47069[/ATTACH]

As for Ken………. He too is still in remission! THANK YOU GOD!!! He has a routine bone marrow biopsy scheduled for next month… but all blood tests so far are showing him to be clean!!!

Double hooray! :clap :clap

Me……….? Well… in between keeping up with all of them… I have been crocheting as much as I possibly can… gifts… swaps…. Charity… etc… and trying to write some patterns out.

We had a wonderful trip to the local Pumpkin patch …….. spent the whole day playing and having fun. It was a day needed! A great way to separate ourselves from the dealings of the world for one day. Just what my son needed …. With all that’s going on in his life right now with the divorce.

[ATTACH]47070[/ATTACH]

Well… off to get a coffee refill… check on some more email… and see if my pumpkin bars are cool yet!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!!

:heart

:mug

Have a great fall day. Be careful in the snow you gals in the Northeast.

Archived