Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning ladies :hi

Well I did some running around on Friday and then we went out to Ingrid's house in the evening. The weekend was busy, but my sister did find the warm brown for me in Walmart :clap She was near there anyway so stopped in for me....it's not quite so convenient around here as it used to be :lol My throw afghan went over well at the housewarming party and I did get a pic that I'll share, just not right now :shrug Yesterday was a busy day. The loan was denied for the 2nd time, but the guy was able to push the sba for a line of credit, but there are a lot of fees to process that so am still thinking. I have to run over there today to pick up the paperwork to look it over. I have my inspection today, so am waiting for the guy to show up sometime between 10-12 and it's just going on 10 now. So of course I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning and hooking stuff up and getting things put away and such. I ran my sister's signed paperwork back to the bank and made a few pit stops.

I read through the posts, but didn't take notes down today but thank you all for your support :hug :hug :hug You help to keep me positive at those times when I feel like I'm starting to give in :think:yes:ghug

I'll be back later to give you the verdict :xfin

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I need a new door on my utility room...once that's fixed, I have to call and have them come back and I should be good to go then. Going to call the landlord now :)

Oh, that's not bad at all and should be a quick fix, as helpful as the landlord has been so far. Opening is getting closer and closer. :cheer :cheer

Oh, that's not bad at all and should be a quick fix, as helpful as the landlord has been so far. Opening is getting closer and closer. :cheer :cheer

It sure is getting closer :bounce I called the landlord and he said he'd try to get one of his guys over here in the next day or 2 :yes

Good morning housemates! It's a beautiful, sunny fall day here too. The acorns go crunch under my feet as I go over to Rosie's to let Tillie out and the leaves go rustle, rustle as Tillie finds the perfect spot to do her business. One stuck to her face for a while this morning after she sniffed it, so when it finally fell off she pee'd on it. :lol How dare it stick to her face!?!? :lolThat's a hoot!

We have so many acorns ont he ground it's almost dangerous to walk out there!

Chunky Monkey! Love it! :lol She is going to be a very big girl. We give ours a bath once a week too. It's a bit of a pain, but at least they are little. Especially compared to Sparky and Lucy. :lol 7 1/2 pounds for Trouble and 16 for Sweet Pea. I've put Sweet Pea on a weight maintenance food since the vet keeps saying she's overweight. She doesn't like it nearly as well as what John feed Trouble, but I think she's losing some of the excess. They said her ideal is 13 pounds and she has been steadily gaining weight and does look pretty chunky now.

No way could I give Lucy a bath! And the bath will have to be as needed...if I see her starting to bite her belly again off she goes tot hegroomer.

They charge by the size of the dog, I think:P

Ok, I need a new door on my utility room...once that's fixed, I have to call and have them come back and I should be good to go then. Going to call the landlord now :)

You're almost there!:yay

I didn't get any craft time in today - between the dogs, making a really nice dinner, laundry and food store - that was it for me!

Have a good night, my friends!:hug:manyheart

Great news Marisa!!!! It's almost a reality--with you opening for business!!!

Judy- Poor Lucy, being called Chunky Monkey!!! I laughed out loud when I read that!!!

Linda- I loved your description of walking to Rosies's to let Tillie out- I could "hear" the rustle of the leaves!!!

Cindy- i hope you had a good day at work. Mine was busy- as is the norm anymore. I went in later than usual since I had to stop at the Dr this AM for a BP check---and good news- it was great! So I'll continue on my same meds for another year!!! Also got my flu shot!

Off for the night---thinking of you ALL!!

Finally got in a good day's worth of crocheting today. Finished two prayer shawls today. Just have to hide the tails and wash them and they can be on their way. :yay

Hello everyone. Work was busy at usual. (I did get to go to lunch though!) I also got my flu shot today.

After work, we ate a quick dinner and then dh and I spent the evening running errands. We went to Menards, (dh needed something there, as usual), Kohls, two different grocery stores and the library. Came home, put stuff away, and now finally getting a minute to relax. Technically I have tomorrow off, but I have a meeting in the afternoon.

Marisa, fingers crossed that things start to fall into place for you.

Judy, you must be able to see Lucy grow!

Quick fly by to wish you all a great day!! Running behind schedule- sort of--since technically I don't have to be in till 9---but the traffic is so bad if I leave later than usual- so I just go in regular time even when I have to work late.

Enjoy the day everyone!!!

'morning, peeps!!

It's a beautiful, sunny Fall day here today!

We took Lucy to the vet late yesterday - another skin infection on her tummy! Second one in less than 2 months so the vet gave hera different antibiotic.

She suggested having her bathed regularly with Selsun Blue to try and keep her skin clear of the allergens....

I'm glad I'm not going to be the to do that. We have 2 sisters who own a grooming place nearby - they're the ones who clip the dogs nails for me.

...and Lucy's new knickname, coutesy of the vet:

Chunky Monkey

At nearly 8 months old, she weights 77 pounds:eek

Later, gators!

Lol!! My friends friend has a BULL (yes bull) named chunky monkey! :lol

Well I've been wanting to get rid of my NOT comfy sofa sleeper and bring the daybed into the living room from the porch. So we went and dumped it night before last. Me, Sue, Kenne and Andre', crammed into my ranger (good thing for jump seats) and hauled it off. Last night I wrestled in the daybed. I have the whole LR ripped apart. My gypsy blood makes me re arrange when I can, I cant stand things to be the same forever. The LR Has been pretty much the same since I moved here in spring '03. I love the change, even tho its minimal.

Glad Fil is home Cindy!

Have a great day everyone!!

'morning, peeps!

Judy- Poor Lucy, being called Chunky Monkey!!! I laughed out loud when I read that!!!

I think that's going to be my new knickname for her...:lol

I had to stop at the Dr this AM for a BP check---and good news- it was great! So I'll continue on my same meds for another year!!! Also got my flu shot!

Good for you - on both counts! I really need to get my flu shot. If I'm out of commission the household falls apart!

Finally got in a good day's worth of crocheting today. Finished two prayer shawls today. Just have to hide the tails and wash them and they can be on their way. :yay

Awesome!!!:clap

Hello everyone. Work was busy at usual. (I did get to go to lunch though!) I also got my flu shot today.

Another reminder to get my shot....:P

After work, we ate a quick dinner and then dh and I spent the evening running errands. We went to Menards, (dh needed something there, as usual), Kohls, two different grocery stores and the library. Came home, put stuff away, and now finally getting a minute to relax. Technically I have tomorrow off, but I have a meeting in the afternoon.

Do you ever get much "me" time??

Judy, you must be able to see Lucy grow!

I especially see it when we visit her "girlfriend" who lives 2 doors up. Rosy is a "sato" dog (rescue from Puerto Rico) and she loves staying outside so in good weather she's on a tether and can lay under the tree or sit in the sun as she wants. I remember - and not that long ago - when our pup was smaller than Rosy.

Now Rosy looks like the puppy

They jump, play bow, and sniff each other when they meet. Other times they just sit next to each other and watch the world go by.

I need to get her over for a play date - once the newest lawn treatment disappears from our yard! Rosy's yard has too many rocks - and our rebel still picks up everything in her mouth!

Now THAT I'd love to see!:lol:lol:lol

Well I've been wanting to get rid of my NOT comfy sofa sleeper and bring the daybed into the living room from the porch. So we went and dumped it night before last. Me, Sue, Kenne and Andre', crammed into my ranger (good thing for jump seats) and hauled it off. Last night I wrestled in the daybed. I have the whole LR ripped apart. My gypsy blood makes me re arrange when I can, I cant stand things to be the same forever. The LR Has been pretty much the same since I moved here in spring '03. I love the change, even tho its minimal.

I was like that for YEARS! Hubby would come home and never know where the furniture was going to be:lol:lol:lol

I still like to change things around but it takes longer now because I need DH to help:lol

Have a great day everyone:hug:manyheart

Good Morning, Ladies. I've really been falling behind this week - sorry! :blush All good reasons, though. :) Yesterday I went with DD, Little Guy and some friends to a Pumpkin Patch and then we went to a children's Halloween party last night. He looked adorable in his Itsy Bitsy Spider costume. :lol Luke will be here Friday - Sunday, so I need to plan meals, etc.

I will be here part of the day and will try to catch up with you all! :manyheart

Hello everyone. So far today I have cleaned three bathrooms, done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned various nooks and crannies and dusted. I can't vacuum because dd is working tonight and is sleeping. I also did a few rounds on the hat I am making for DD.

And yes, Judy, I do get some "me" time. From now until I have to leave for my meeting, I am going to "play"!

Wrennie, my sil is always re-arranging, but she not only re-arranges furniture, she actually switches rooms. My bil once said he didn't know what room he'd be sleeping in some days, because my sil had switched all the bedrooms around. I still haven't figured out how she could single handedly move a queen size bed and two large dressers into another room.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Not much to report here today. I took my car for an oil change so it would be done before my travels tomorrow. I totally didn't realize that my inspection is due this month!!!! :eek It's been due in Feb for as long as I can remember :think But, they couldn't do the inspection while I was there and they told me that I'd have to call back to schedule an appointment :( So my dad's trying to see if I can get it done while I'm passing through their place :xfin

There's a Pitt football game tonight so will be heading there. Now I have to run paperwork up to the bank and then I'm going to try to get some paperwork done :xfin

Oh, my!

Have a great day everyone!!

Ah yes, the urge to rearrange. I know the feeling well.

'morning, peeps!

Good for you - on both counts! I really need to get my flu shot. If I'm out of commission the household falls apart!

Boy is that ever the truth.

Awesome!!!:clap

I especially see it when we visit her "girlfriend" who lives 2 doors up. Rosy is a "sato" dog (rescue from Puerto Rico) and she loves staying outside so in good weather she's on a tether and can lay under the tree or sit in the sun as she wants. I remember - and not that long ago - when our pup was smaller than Rosy.

Now Rosy looks like the puppy

They jump, play bow, and sniff each other when they meet. Other times they just sit next to each other and watch the world go by.

I need to get her over for a play date - once the newest lawn treatment disappears from our yard! Rosy's yard has too many rocks - and our rebel still picks up everything in her mouth!

Too cute.

I still like to change things around but it takes longer now because I need DH to help:lol

I get that!

Have a great day everyone:hug:manyheart

Good Morning, Ladies. I've really been falling behind this week - sorry! :blush All good reasons, though. :) Yesterday I went with DD, Little Guy and some friends to a Pumpkin Patch and then we went to a children's Halloween party last night. He looked adorable in his Itsy Bitsy Spider costume. :lol Luke will be here Friday - Sunday, so I need to plan meals, etc.

I will be here part of the day and will try to catch up with you all! :manyheart

Oh, Luke sounds adorable. Did you get pictures?

Hello everyone. So far today I have cleaned three bathrooms, done 4 loads of laundry, cleaned various nooks and crannies and dusted. I can't vacuum because dd is working tonight and is sleeping. I also did a few rounds on the hat I am making for DD.

And yes, Judy, I do get some "me" time. From now until I have to leave for my meeting, I am going to "play"!

Wrennie, my sil is always re-arranging, but she not only re-arranges furniture, she actually switches rooms. My bil once said he didn't know what room he'd be sleeping in some days, because my sil had switched all the bedrooms around. I still haven't figured out how she could single handedly move a queen size bed and two large dressers into another room.

Wow! You've been cleaning up a storm today! Where there's a will there's a way, I guess. If she wanted it moved then she figured out some way to do.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Not much to report here today. I took my car for an oil change so it would be done before my travels tomorrow. I totally didn't realize that my inspection is due this month!!!! :eek It's been due in Feb for as long as I can remember :think But, they couldn't do the inspection while I was there and they told me that I'd have to call back to schedule an appointment :( So my dad's trying to see if I can get it done while I'm passing through their place :xfin

There's a Pitt football game tonight so will be heading there. Now I have to run paperwork up to the bank and then I'm going to try to get some paperwork done :xfin

I''ll bet he was sooooo cute!

Enjoy:yay

She must be young...or lifts weights?:lol

Hi all,

All this talk of furniture re-arranging had me chuckling-- i used to do that too!! Now, like Judy, I need help so basically things stay the same unless I get a rush of adrenaline!! About a year ago I decided I needed the chair I sit in to crochet to be over by the patio door in the family room- so I had to move alot of things around and I did it. But it will probably stay like this until we move or die whichever comes first!:lol:lol

There is NO way I could ever switch bedrooms around by myself!! :eek

Judy- Gentle reminder- Get your flu shot!!:hug:hug

Mary- it must have been fun going to the pumpkin patch with the little guy! Enjoy your time with him this weekend!

Wrennie- I'm glad that you like the re-arrangement- even if it is a small change.

Cindy- Sounds like you had a very productive day today!!! And glad you got some me time too!!!

Linda- WTG on the shawls!!!

Marisa- Fingers crossed you can get your car inspected when you get to your parents!!!

Off to eat dinner- it's finally done- Have I told you how much I dislike working late? :lol

:waving. Hi everyone. I will be able to get on more now...got a cheap tablet. I am trying to make a scarf using a knook. Cool tool :D and I have just started a graph ghan. Will read some posts now

'morning, peeps!!

It's a beautiful, sunny Fall day here today!

Cindy, i hope today runs smoothly for you - and yay for FIL coming home. He must feel good about that....

I worked on the x st last Friday - today is a slow day for me, so I'll be able to pull it out again. I've been reading, instead of crafting....:lol

We took Lucy to the vet late yesterday - another skin infection on her tummy! Second one in less than 2 months so the vet gave hera different antibiotic.

She suggested having her bathed regularly with Selsun Blue to try and keep her skin clear of the allergens....

I'm glad I'm not going to be the to do that. We have 2 sisters who own a grooming place nearby - they're the ones who clip the dogs nails for me.

...and Lucy's new knickname, coutesy of the vet:

Chunky Monkey

At nearly 8 months old, she weights 77 pounds:eek

Later, gators!

I hope she likes her baths! Would not be good if she hated baths

I am not organized so I despise re arranging. . Can never find anything

Good morning!

Good to see you again Christi!

Not much new to report since last night- other than the rain gods are descending on us here today and I heard and hope they are wrong that there might be snow on Friday!

Have a good day!

'morning, peeps!

Judy- Gentle reminder- Get your flu shot!!:hug:hug

Thank you, mommy:rofl:rofl:rofl

...seriously - I'll be calling my doc to get that done next week....

I don't do that when I have anything going on - like a wedding this weekend! At the least my arm is always very sore afterwards.....

:waving. Hi everyone. I will be able to get on more now...got a cheap tablet. I am trying to make a scarf using a knook. Cool tool :D and I have just started a graph ghan. Will read some posts now
Yay for tablets!

I have a graph ghan I'm making for my neighbor's new baby girl-to-be (due in March)...

I hope she likes her baths! Would not be good if she hated baths

Thaty's for sure! She doesn't like being restrained when they clip her nails....though that might be becaus eI'm there.

Not much new to report since last night- other than the rain gods are descending on us here today and I heard and hope they are wrong that there might be snow on Friday!

Have a good day!

I heard the light covering that might come will be NW of us - tg!

Off I go!

BBL - have a good one, everybody:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, The jeweltone yarn is going to make a nice winter set for your DD. I belonged to a crochet group for many years. It was so much fun. Glad you have found one to join.

Linda, Interesting info on your sewing machine new feet. Cute story on Tellie. :clap for the good day of crocheting and your finishes. Is Rosie and John in Colorado where they got snow? I heard from my cousin and she woke up yesterday to a foot of snow.

Wrennie, Good to see you! Hope Santa brings you a new computer. I use to move furniture around all the time when I was younger, but not so much any more. The urge comes once in awhile but I don't do it.

Judy, Chunky Monkey sure is growing. My hubby use to bath are labs. I knew if I did it would become my job and I didn't want it.

Cindy, Glad your FIL is home, hope he continues to feel better. Good thing you can't move into a new house as easy as you can from room to room or your BIL might come home to the wrong house.

Marisa, :clap for only needing a door replaced. Won't be long now and patients will be calling. Hope you can get your inspection.

Mary, Fun times with kids at the Pumpkin Patch and a Halloweeen party. I bet Luke was a cute spider. Your a great Grandma with Luke to.

Christie, Nice seeing you again. I keep checking the Walmarts I go to but none of them have recieved the knook yet. What kind of graph pattern are making?

I came home from DD's wednesday after Maya got home from school. I made her up Chocolate Chip cookie dough so she could make cookies when she got home from school. Her Mom isn't a baker unless it's a cake or brownies and they are out of a box. She didn't take after me in that department or crafting. I got all her pumpkins done. I didn't put faces on them though. Just hiding the ends which was only 3 on 25 of them was to much for my hand to handle. I showed Maya a picture of a Santa pin and she liked it. DD is going to be at Maya's school Halloween party so I told her to watch and see if the kids enjoyed there Halloween pins and if so I would start and make Santa pins for them to.

Yesterday I went and did my blood work as I have my physical on tuesday. I still have to schedule my mamagram. Thinking I will do that when hubby goes to the doctor in December.

We went to some friends yesterday and up being there all day. His health isn't good and he won't listen to the doctor or anyone else about his smoking and has started it again. With his congestive heart disease and not much of his heart working and being on oxygen full time. He is not feeling to well the last couple of weeks. Anyways we had a nice visit with them.

I started a scarf for a SIL using the Surreybelle pattern. I'm using Vanna's Choice in black. I need to make Jocelyn a little purse like the one my Grandma made DD. I found the pattern for it. I need to make DD a Christmas tree skirt to. The pattern I'm going to use is the rr thats on here at the ville by Julee. In the Dec. issue of Crochet World there is a braided scarf pattern that I would like to make for me.

Today is going to be laundry day. And I will get some crocheting in on the scarf. Have a nice day everyone!

Goood morning! :hi The sun is shining and it's a pretty fall day. Sweet Pea decided that I needed to get up at 9:00 this morning instead of the 9:50 that the alarm was set for. I was not pleased with her. :no She kept licking my face and hand and nosing the covers off me until I came to, and decided she would go to sleep on top of me. Uh-uh! :no No Way! :no If I had to be awake, then she could just take her little self outside. :dog Needless to say I am not wide awake even though I'm up and semi-functioning. :yawn I need to make myself a large, strong cup of tea to help me get with it better :morcoffee. My typing is terrible this morning, so if I don't catch all the mistakes, I apologize in advance.

Oh, Nooooooooo! Not yet! Although it is almost Halloween and I remember sending my kids out to trick or treat in snowsuits under their costumes.

Have a good day!

Linda, Interesting info on your sewing machine new feet. Cute story on Tillie. :clap for the good day of crocheting and your finishes. Is Rosie and John in Colorado where they got snow? I heard from my cousin and she woke up yesterday to a foot of snow.

I don't know if they've had snow, but they had some the week before Rosie and John left so it could well be. Their daughter and family live in Colorado Springs.

I used to move furniture around all the time when I was younger, but not so much any more. The urge comes once in awhile but I don't do it.

I still occasionally get hit with the bug, but there's not much I can do downstairs. The upstairs is off-limits. Stability in her environment and routines is a must for Kim. Although, who knows, maybe she'd like it. John would not. Hence I leave it alone.

Judy, Chunky Monkey sure is growing. My hubby use to bath are labs. I knew if I did it would become my job and I didn't want it.

Jahn bathes Trouble and I bathe Sweet Pea once a week. And they go to the groomers about every 6 weeks.

I came home from DD's wednesday after Maya got home from school. I made her up Chocolate Chip cookie dough so she could make cookies when she got home from school. Her Mom isn't a baker unless it's a cake or brownies and they are out of a box. She didn't take after me in that department or crafting. I got all her pumpkins done. I didn't put faces on them though. Just hiding the ends which was only 3 on 25 of them was to much for my hand to handle. I showed Maya a picture of a Santa pin and she liked it. DD is going to be at Maya's school Halloween party so I told her to watch and see if the kids enjoyed there Halloween pins and if so I would start and make Santa pins for them to.

Those will be so cute. You are a good grandma.

Yesterday I went and did my blood work as I have my physical on tuesday. I still have to schedule my mamagram. Thinking I will do that when hubby goes to the doctor in December.

We went to some friends yesterday and up being there all day. His health isn't good and he won't listen to the doctor or anyone else about his smoking and has started it again. With his congestive heart disease and not much of his heart working and being on oxygen full time. He is not feeling to well the last couple of weeks. Anyways we had a nice visit with them.

Sorry hubby isn't feeling well. I'm sure being with friends was nice.

I started a scarf for a SIL using the Surreybelle pattern. I'm using Vanna's Choice in black. I need to make Jocelyn a little purse like the one my Grandma made DD. I found the pattern for it. I need to make DD a Christmas tree skirt to. The pattern I'm going to use is the rr thats on here at the ville by Julee. In the Dec. issue of Crochet World there is a braided scarf pattern that I would like to make for me.

Today is going to be laundry day. And I will get some crocheting in on the scarf. Have a nice day everyone!

I'm going to be working on finishing up the Uglee Dolls I started last month for the Christmas bazaar. One now has it's feet but no arms, and the other two are both armless and legless.

Hi, Christy! Nice to see you again.

Hi, Joanne, Marisa, Dusti, Wrennie, and Mary. And hi to the rest of the crew, too.

Hi House. :autumn I think I'm caught up and ready for Luke tomorrow. :yes I didn't take the pictures of him in his costume, so DD is going to email them to me...and they're taking him to another party this evening!

Wrennie ~ Hi! I hope all is well and that you are able to get another computer...we miss you! :manyheart Add me to the list of people who used to rearrange furniture a lot - when I was younger. :lol

Hi Christi! Yay for getting a new tablet! I haven't tried knooking yet - do you like it? Looking forward to seeing your graph ghan and scarf. :hook

Judy ~ Awww, Miss Lucy is just a growing girl. :lol Gracie does well with baths, but hates to have her nails trimmed, too. Of course, I'm too chicken to do that myself. ;) What pattern are you using for the graph ghan?

Joanne ~ How is Little Ryan? I'll bet he's showing lots more "personality" about now? :c9

Marlene ~ I'm glad you had a safe trip home. The pumpkin pins sound so cute and Santa pins are a great idea! I love the Surreybelle pattern...it's addicting!

Linda ~ Way to go on finishing two prayer shawls! :clap Have you had any time to play with your new sewing machine accessories yet? When I was quilting, I did everything by hand. If I ever get back to it, I will definitely use a machine! :lol

Hi to everyone at the House!

The temps are dropping into the 40's now and it's supposed to rain. Brrr! Can't wait for the game tonight! GO RANGERS! :cheer

Archived