Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. It is cold here today, the ground is white with frost. (It could be worse!)

DD and I are going shopping this morning. (If she ever gets up!) I have a 30% off coupon at Kohls and DD does not want to waste it. I don't need anything, although I may see if I can pick up some Christmas gifts.

Linda, lucky you with those sewing machines. (Of course we already knew you were a winner!) I love sewing machines and own 4 of them, plus a serger. I am always on the lookout for more sewing machine bargains. Glad you are having such fun at the quilt expo. What kind of classes did you take?

Judy, you are getting an Ipad? I think it would be nice to write on, once you get used to that onscreen keyboard. It's nice and portable and you can take it anywhere, if your purse is big enough. My ds has had one since they came out (and loves it), and my dad just got one a month or so ago. He wanted it because it is much easier to use in a hospital bed than a laptop. I use my Nook color as a portable computer, but it certainly doesn't have anything near all the functions of an Ipad. Dh also ordered me a Kindle Fire which will come in November. I doubt it will be much better than the Nook though.

Joanne, you must have been really tired. Sorry your team lost. Enjoy your time with the little guy and the baby shower. (Have I ever told you that your whirlwind life makes me tired?) Where do you get the energy to be going all the time?

Anyhow...better go get dressed so DD will think I've been up for hours waiting for her!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cindy, I was thinking about the iPad....but the cost has me rethinking it. I have my Nook....but the Kindle Fire is sure speaking to me! I don't know...I love my gadgets. I even have a small Netbook...that's what I use for typing articles I write, etc.

When do you have enough gadgets?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hi everyone. Just a quick note before leaving for the last day of the Quilt Expo. I'm having a a ball. I've picked up lots of wonderful goodies. Still haven't seen all the quilts on display. The classes I took were wonderful and very helpful. And, would you believe it? I won another sewing machine yesterday! This one is a basic Pfaff machine which will be great for my more heavy duty projects and materials. Like curtains, denim, upholstery fabric, etc. I'm thrilled and still in shock. I'm taking my friend, Carol, with me today. It's her first quilt show. I can't wait to see her reactions.

Have a wonderful day and a great weekend. I'll catch up later with all the news.

Congrats on the sewing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve it!:yay:yay:yay:yay

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry that I've been MIA but the last couple of weeks have been insane! I went back to work-YUCK! :lol Can't believe how much I dislike my job but am thankful to have one! It was so hard to get up at 0500 and work 12 hours! I miss being at home but I'll get back into the swing of things soon.

My oldest ds waas sworn into the Air Force on Wed. I am very happy for him and his family but sad at the same time. I will miss them but as a former AF wife I know they will enjoy it. It is a good lifestyle for a young family and the support groups are fabulous. He doesn't know when he goes to basic yet but it will be sometime in the next couple of months, It will just depend on which job he gets.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fall. I will check in more often!

Love and miss you all!:hug:manyheart

Hi everyone. Just a quick note before leaving for the last day of the Quilt Expo. I'm having a a ball. I've picked up lots of wonderful goodies. Still haven't seen all the quilts on display. The classes I took were wonderful and very helpful. And, would you believe it? I won another sewing machine yesterday! This one is a basic Pfaff machine which will be great for my more heavy duty projects and materials. Like curtains, denim, upholstery fabric, etc. I'm thrilled and still in shock. I'm taking my friend, Carol, with me today. It's her first quilt show. I can't wait to see her reactions.

Have a wonderful day and a great weekend. I'll catch up later with all the news.

:clap congratulations!!!! How lucky is that--and you so deserve it!!!!! I'm so happy that you are having such a wonderful time and I'll bet your friend will enjoy it just because she is with you!!!

Good morning. It is cold here today, the ground is white with frost. (It could be worse!)

DD and I are going shopping this morning. (If she ever gets up!) I have a 30% off coupon at Kohls and DD does not want to waste it. I don't need anything, although I may see if I can pick up some Christmas gifts.

Linda, lucky you with those sewing machines. (Of course we already knew you were a winner!) I love sewing machines and own 4 of them, plus a serger. I am always on the lookout for more sewing machine bargains. Glad you are having such fun at the quilt expo. What kind of classes did you take?

Judy, you are getting an Ipad? I think it would be nice to write on, once you get used to that onscreen keyboard. It's nice and portable and you can take it anywhere, if your purse is big enough. My ds has had one since they came out (and loves it), and my dad just got one a month or so ago. He wanted it because it is much easier to use in a hospital bed than a laptop. I use my Nook color as a portable computer, but it certainly doesn't have anything near all the functions of an Ipad. Dh also ordered me a Kindle Fire which will come in November. I doubt it will be much better than the Nook though.

Joanne, you must have been really tired. Sorry your team lost. Enjoy your time with the little guy and the baby shower. (Have I ever told you that your whirlwind life makes me tired?) Where do you get the energy to be going all the time?

Anyhow...better go get dressed so DD will think I've been up for hours waiting for her!

I had a blast visiting with DD and SIL and Ryan as well as my SIL's parents and brothers. It was a nice way to begin the day! Where do I get the energy? It's called COFFEE!!!:lol

Did DD get any good buys at Kohls? I only had 15% off coupon---I hold out till they send me the one that has 30%:lol I did stop at TJMaxx on my way home from the shower- I've had my mind on a skirt ever since DD scored the beautiful gray wool one at the Thrift Store. Well, as luck would have it, I found one that I liked!!! It was randomly hung on a rack and it fit beautifully! It was meant to be:D

Cindy, I was thinking about the iPad....but the cost has me rethinking it. I have my Nook....but the Kindle Fire is sure speaking to me! I don't know...I love my gadgets. I even have a small Netbook...that's what I use for typing articles I write, etc.

When do you have enough gadgets?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Congrats on the sewing machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You deserve it!:yay:yay:yay:yay

I love my Ipad, my Itouch, my Iphone and my Nook--I'm a gadget gal too!!! I'll have to look at the Kindle Fire- now that you and Cindy are talking about it!!!

Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry that I've been MIA but the last couple of weeks have been insane! I went back to work-YUCK! :lol Can't believe how much I dislike my job but am thankful to have one! It was so hard to get up at 0500 and work 12 hours! I miss being at home but I'll get back into the swing of things soon.

My oldest ds waas sworn into the Air Force on Wed. I am very happy for him and his family but sad at the same time. I will miss them but as a former AF wife I know they will enjoy it. It is a good lifestyle for a young family and the support groups are fabulous. He doesn't know when he goes to basic yet but it will be sometime in the next couple of months, It will just depend on which job he gets.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fall. I will check in more often!

Love and miss you all!:hug:manyheart

Trish- Good to hear from you- I know how tough it must be going back to work after being off for a while. I understand the being grateful for a job- but not liking it so much. I loved my job for the 2 1/2 years I was on the team that was put together to convert our system- now..well not so much! But it's a job and it pays my bills--so I do what I have to do!

congrats to your son- you must be so proud of him! Tell him thank you for signing up to serve our country!!!!

Had a good time at the shower and saw some people that used to work where I work but have moved on. It was a very enjoyable afternoon!!!!

Thanks Linda.

As for the dentist, I don't know, I complained long and loud, but it didn't help. It was lunch time. My appointment was for 11 and evidently they had already decided before they ever called me in that they would have me come back to finish. They will not pull that stunt on me again though. I was very vocal about my anger. I did not yell, but I wanted to!

All I can say is that they better not charge you for the followup visit, since it's their fault that you have to go back and they knew it was going to happen before you came. :2nono They should have called and given you the option to reschedulte it before you showed up. :phone

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Just a quick hello - I'm meeting DD and Luke and several of their friends this morning - http://www.fwmuseum.org/fort-worth-childrens-museum

The kids love it and so do I. :lol They have a small restaurant, so I think we're having lunch there.

Have a great day and I'll check in this afternoon. :manyheart

Oh that looks like a wonderful place to take young children.

Love chicken soup- I made some on Sunday- this is the time of year where soup and the crock pot come out!!!

Have a great evening all!!!

Joanne it's been chilly the last three mornings here too. The maples are starting to turn red and a few of the trees are turning yellow but not that many yet. It is nice not to have such horribly high temps now.

Good morning ladies :hi

I got my desk at around 5 last night and got it put together and now I'm here trying to place the 3 pieces in a way that makes sense. I'm meeting a friend from chiro school for lunch in a couple hours and to get myself adjusted :lol I haven't been since I left philly :eek And now I'm starting to feel it.

Cindy and Judy - I haven't actually opened yet since I didn't have my inspection yet. But, I do have a couple people waiting for me to open that are friends of my sisters (and mine) who have an insurance that I'll be able to take :D Gotta start somewhere.

I'm sure that things will be better as soon as you get the go-ahead to open.

I'm feeling bad though. The loan was denied again and they told me I credit score in the letter and with the number I saw, I'm baffled that I can't get any help :think Anyways, I have been racking up the credit cards to get this place going and used all my savings so now have to rely on my parents and my sister even more :sigh It's one thing to have the help with the office expenses, but now with my personal bills....it's a little hard to take. Such is life and I too will persevere :shrug:yes

Dog gone it all anyway. The banks are really tight with their loans now. It's a lot like closing the barn door after the horse has already escaped down the road.

Oh, so after I left here last night I went to Michael's and Joanne's and neither had the yarn I need to finish my housewarming afghan. So when I head over to meet my friend, I'm going to see if there are any stores over there I can check out....I think there's one of each plus a walmart. I only need RHSS in warm brown (not even a crazy color).

OK, that's about it for now. I want to get a few more things done in here before I leave out. I may be back later, but if not, have a wonderful day :hug

I have had the most wonderful time over the last three days. Carole's plans got changed so she was going to be coming with me on Saturday instead of Thursday and then Saturday got nixed too. I was disappointed, but she's a care giver too, and sometimes you just can't stick to plans when unexpected things come up. However, it did let me take another class today on what judges are looking at in the quilts they judge. It should help for the next time I try.

Thursday I took a class entitled "Finding Focus: The Creative Spirit." We talked about what creativity is and isn't, what some of the blocks are, how to overcome blocks, and practiced finding inspiration in pictures. We learned a bunch of relaxing and stretching exercises too. Lots of brainstorming and idea sharing. Yesterday I took two classes: "Elements of Art and Principles of Design for Quilters" and "Applying the Elements and Principles to Your Quilt." I've know for a long time that there must be rules that are responsible for why some of the things I do work, but didn't know what they were. Now I know the names for the things that I do and why they work instead of just doing it because it just 'feels' right. That gives me a lot of satisfaction. I've been following the rules even when I didn't know what the rules were. :lol Then today I took "With A Judge's Eye" which gave us tips on what some of the knit-picky things are that the judges look at when they judge a quilt. Lots of them are simple things that can make a huge difference in whether a quilt looks good or great. Lots were just subtle little things, which all other things being equal, can make all the difference between winning a prize and not. I won't remember it all, but it will empact what I pay extra attention to going forward. And lots of the things will carry over into my crochet work and other crafts too.

It took me three days to see all the quilts that were on display. I got lots of great deals on thread, tools, and fabric too. I had a ball talking to other attendees and to the venders too. I got lots of praise for my projects which was a tremendous ego boost.

And of course won the sewing machine yesterday.

I've had a blast! :devil

Hi, ya, peeps!

We've been to Delicious Orchards already...and what a glorious Fall day it is!!

We picked up Pumpkin pie, etc...so with the pot roast on the menu for today the food matches the weather!

Enjoy your day, my friends...:hug:manyheart:hug

hello everyone. Its a gorgeous fall day here as well.

My fil was admitted to the hospital yesterday with internal bleeding. It seems that they have gotten it under control though. They have given him a few units of blood and he is hoping to come home tomorrow. Never a dull moment around here lately.

I'm still working on DD's hat. It seems it's taking forever to make a hat using sc!

Hi, ya, peeps!

We've been to Delicious Orchards already...and what a glorious Fall day it is!!

We picked up Pumpkin pie, etc...so with the pot roast on the menu for today the food matches the weather!

Enjoy your day, my friends...:hug:manyheart:hug

I was at Delicious Orchards this morning too--I got there around 9:50---bet we were there at the same time!!! We're having beef stew for dinner (similar to pot roast) so we must be thinking alike with this glorious fall weather. I bought some cider and cider donuts too and dropped some off for DD! Didn't get pumpkin pie, though!

Enjoy your day too!:hug

Didn't get online this morning- I slept till 7!!! Then got up did a few things, ran to the grocery store, unpacked groceries, went to Delicious ORchards, then to DD's and now I'm home!!! Phew!!!

I also stopped at the Dollar Tree on my back from Delicious Orchards- (the one on 34 Judy) and they have the original Peaches and Creme yarn for $1.00- so of course I had to buy some---they don't make it the same anymore, and I really like it!!

Finally sitting down--it's a wonderful fall day outside and I've got the patio door open- and am watching football. Now it's time to bring out the hook and yarn

Have a fab day everyone!

My fil was admitted to the hospital yesterday with internal bleeding. It seems that they have gotten it under control though. They have given him a few units of blood and he is hoping to come home tomorrow. Never a dull moment around here lately.

I'm still working on DD's hat. It seems it's taking forever to make a hat using sc!

Prayers for your FIL, Cindy!!! And yes, ANYTHING in SC takes forever!!!:lol

Linda- Your three days at the Quilt Expo sound like so much fun. I can "hear" your excitement in your post. I'm so happy that you had a great three days---you deserve it!!!!

Again, congrats on the sewing machine win!!!

That's why, when DS would ask if there was anything exciting going on, I'd remind him that, at our age, having nothing exciting going on was a GOOD thing! I'mglad FIL is doing ok now:hug

Oh, yes....sc does take a while. My next gift is a sc graph I already mentioned last week...

I was at Delicious Orchards this morning too--I got there around 9:50---bet we were there at the same time!!! We're having beef stew for dinner (similar to pot roast) so we must be thinking alike with this glorious fall weather. I bought some cider and cider donuts too and dropped some off for DD! Didn't get pumpkin pie, though!

Enjoy your day too!:hug

We were there 7 minutes after you got there!:lol:lol:lol

I also stopped at the Dollar Tree on my back from Delicious Orchards- (the one on 34 Judy) and they have the original Peaches and Creme yarn for $1.00- so of course I had to buy some---they don't make it the same anymore, and I really like it!!

That the newest one in Aberdeen? It's walking distance - though a longer walk than I care to do these days:lol

Have a great night everyone!:hug:manyheart

Oh, yes....sc does take a while. My next gift is a sc graph I already mentioned last week...

We were there 7 minutes after you got there!:lol:lol:lol

That the newest one in Aberdeen? It's walking distance - though a longer walk than I care to do these days:lol

Have a great night everyone!:hug:manyheart

Yes, the newest one! I don't ever remember seeing it there before so it must be new!!:lol I figured when I got to Delicious Orchards I'd have to wait in my car till they opened at 10- and had brought crochet with me to pass the time, but lo and behold, people were going in when I got there!! There is no way I would go later than 10 especially this time of year!!!

Have a good night everyone!!

Oh, dear! Glad it seems to be under control again.

single crochet speed is about the same as knitting speed for me. SLOWWWWWW.

The ladies in the prayer shawl group I'm a member of had a lunch celebrating their first year of existence today. It was a lovely lunch and lots of fun talking with each other. I brought brownies for dessert. Then went to a sewing store that is now open on Sunday and picked up two new heads for my quilting sewing machine one for doing free-motion quilting and one for doing stitching in the ditch neatly. :P Aaaand they had some fabric on clearance so I had to get some of that too. :yes It was 45% off! :eek What can I say. :lol

Hi Ladies,

Evelyn, Hi! Hope you stop by often and visit.

Joanne, The baby ghan is goreous. I like that pattern and the color is pretty to. Yesterday sounds like a fun time at the baby shower and all the visiting. I picked up some p&c yesterday to when I stopped in at Dollar Tree. I never find any yarn at any of them.

Mary, Glad the museum was a fun time. Bet hubby is glad to be home.

Marisa, Hope you were able to find some warm brown yarn. Sorry about the bank loan. I bet shortly you'll have a good clientele coming and all will be work out.

Judy, How nice to have a neighbor to help you out on the essay. You and Joanne and many thoughts alike today.

Linda, Congrats on your new sewing machine! You deserve it! I agree with Joanne you can just hear the excitement in your voice reading all about the quilt show.

Trish, Nice to see you again. Congrats to your son joining the Air Force and serving are Country. My uncle retired from the Air Force. I don't know how many years he did but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't 30 years. I know it was more than 20.

Cindy, Sorry to hear your FIL is in the hospital again. Glad he is better and I hope he gets to go home tomorrow. I'll keep him in my prayers.

I came to DD's friday morning. She called at 7:20 Maya was sick during the night so could I come down and she could still work. She's on vacation starting tuesday and had things she wanted to make sure are done before she leaves. Maya was fine think it was taco salad she ate a bit of as her Mom and her friend weren't feeling well friday but her friends son was fine and he ate the taco salad to. I made the chicken noodle soup here and it was perfect timing.

Saturday Maya and I went to a few garage sales and a few stores then we went out for pizza for supper. Was going to go to Payton's game but they all had the bug Payton had earlier this week. It was his last game to. We also went to the library. I read 4 Halloween books to her. There library is big. It is two levels.

Today I went to Michael's to use a 40% off coupon. I was going to buy some crochet dude hooks, but I checked them out and there not marked crocheted dude. They have Boye and hook size so there is no way to know the difference once you start using them. So I bought the Boye crochet hook case instead. It's pink so maybe I'll spot it easily enough when I want my hooks.

Maya was reading her book to me and later she said "Grandma I love to read". I told her I was happy to hear that and just wait because it is going to be so much more fun with all the new words she is going to learn.

I'm off for the night. Hope everyone has a nice monday!

Good Monday Morning!

Linda- It sure sounds like your fun continued right through the entire weekend!!! I don't blame you for picking up some fabric @45% off!!!! Congrats on the year anniversary of the prayer shawl group!!!

Marlene- I can "hear" that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with Maya. How sweet that she told you she loves to read. That's because you read to her all the time!!! I went to Michael's last night between 4-8 they had 25% off total purchase including sale. There was RH Soft yarn on sale $2.49 and I wanted to get Jeweltone --they only had 3 skeins of it left, and now they have 0!:lol I am going to make a scarf and maybe hat/maybe fingerless mitts for middle DD with it. http://www.shopredheart.com/Images.aspx?PIFID=6184

Off to start this long day- late supervisor all week:( But tonight is craft club at the library:D

'morning, peeps!

Marlene, that's wonderful about Maya loving to read! It's my fav thing to do, too:D

single crochet speed is about the same as knitting speed for me. SLOWWWWWW.

The ladies in the prayer shawl group I'm a member of had a lunch celebrating their first year of existence today. It was a lovely lunch and lots of fun talking with each other. I brought brownies for dessert. Then went to a sewing store that is now open on Sunday and picked up two new heads for my quilting sewing machine one for doing free-motion quilting and one for doing stitching in the ditch neatly. :P Aaaand they had some fabric on clearance so I had to get some of that too. :yes It was 45% off! :eek What can I say. :lol

What a fun day!!!!!!!!!!:)

Good Monday Morning!

I went to Michael's last night between 4-8 they had 25% off total purchase including sale. There was RH Soft yarn on sale $2.49 and I wanted to get Jeweltone --they only had 3 skeins of it left, and now they have 0!:lol I am going to make a scarf and maybe hat/maybe fingerless mitts for middle DD with it. http://www.shopredheart.com/Images.aspx?PIFID=6184

Off to start this long day- late supervisor all week:( But tonight is craft club at the library:D

Pretty yarn! Good luck with the fingerless mitts! I love the pair I have:manyheart

It's nice having something fun to look forward to at the end of a long Monday, too!

Later!

Happy Monday, Ladies. :) The weekend went by so quickly and I just realized that I hadn't been at the 'Ville since Friday!

Linda ~ Your long weekend sounds wonderful! Congratulations on winning the sewing machine...maybe you should buy lottery tickets. :lol I'm so glad you had a good time with your prayer shawl group yesterday!

Cindy ~ I hope your FIL is okay and able to return home today. :hug I do know how you feel...with our aging parents, we never know what's next!

Marisa ~ I hope you were able to find the yarn. :yarn Is this the week you're going to Newark?

Trish ~ It's so great that your son joined the Air Force! Thank him for me, too. :manyheart

Marlene ~ Love reading about Maya! I know you've been a wonderful grandma and encouraged her love of books. Have a safe trip home. :yes

A big HI and hugs to everyone at the House. Time for me to get organized. :)

Good morning housemates. It's sunny and a bit warmer that it's been for the last week. I'm dog sitting for Rosie and John while they're in Colorado with the grandchildren there. Tillie is being such a good girl! She gets a Beggin Strip after she goes outside and does her duty each time. She bounces as she's waiting for me to get it and break it up in pieces for her. She's elderly and very sweet and very spoiled. Aren't all our furbies? :lol

I now have 3 new feet for my quilting machine. One helps you do what is called echo or shadow quilting. You line the marks on the foot up with the outer edge of your design and it lets you quilt 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch away which gives you the echo effect. I want to do that on the butterfly quilt, so the timing was perfect. The second foot is called an open toe free motion foot. It's open in the front so I can see where I'm going to stitch next and it's for moving the material around in a pattern other than straight lines. It's something I've reached the point where I want to try it. You can add wonderful texture to your quilts with free motion quilting. The third is a foot I didn't even know was available. It's a stitch-in-the-ditch foot. That is where you sew right between two blocks and if you do it right it ends up being invisible. I'm not there yet, although I'm getting better with each quilt. This foot has a guide that lines up right on that edge and lets you do it right the first try. Yay!!! :yay I can't wait to try it out. :D I know. I'm still bubbling over. :lol

I came to DD's friday morning. She called at 7:20 Maya was sick during the night so could I come down and she could still work. She's on vacation starting tuesday and had things she wanted to make sure are done before she leaves. Maya was fine think it was taco salad she ate a bit of as her Mom and her friend weren't feeling well friday but her friends son was fine and he ate the taco salad to. I made the chicken noodle soup here and it was perfect timing.

Saturday Maya and I went to a few garage sales and a few stores then we went out for pizza for supper. Was going to go to Payton's game but they all had the bug Payton had earlier this week. It was his last game to. We also went to the library. I read 4 Halloween books to her. There library is big. It is two levels.

Today I went to Michael's to use a 40% off coupon. I was going to buy some crochet dude hooks, but I checked them out and there not marked crocheted dude. They have Boye and hook size so there is no way to know the difference once you start using them. So I bought the Boye crochet hook case instead. It's pink so maybe I'll spot it easily enough when I want my hooks.

Maya was reading her book to me and later she said "Grandma I love to read". I told her I was happy to hear that and just wait because it is going to be so much more fun with all the new words she is going to learn.

I'm off for the night. Hope everyone has a nice monday!

You have done such a wonderful job of nurturing Maya. :clap :clap :clap

I went to Michael's last night between 4-8 they had 25% off total purchase including sale. There was RH Soft yarn on sale $2.49 and I wanted to get Jeweltone --they only had 3 skeins of it left, and now they have 0!:lol I am going to make a scarf and maybe hat/maybe fingerless mitts for middle DD with it. http://www.shopredheart.com/Images.aspx?PIFID=6184

Pretty, pretty yarn. Can't wait to see what you come up with it. Have a wonderful time at the craft club.

Trish, that's so nice that your son is going into the Air Force. Many thanks to him for serving all of us this way. How's your shoulder holding up?

hello!

On the computer at the library. My home one is really tired. Maybe Santa will bring me a new one. **sigh** I have some sites I have to come here for because the sites are too graphic heavy to load at home. Oh well.

Have a great day!

hello!

On the computer at the library. My home one is really tired. Maybe Santa will bring me a new one. **sigh** I have some sites I have to come here for because the sites are too graphic heavy to load at home. Oh well.

Have a great day!

Good to see you!! Keeping positive thoughts that Santa will gift you with a new puter!

CU all tomorrow!:hug:manyheart

Wrennie, good to see you!

Very busy day at work again today. I don't mind being busy, but it would be nice to have an uninterrupted lunch once in a while!

Nothing much to report here. The pellet stove was installed today, and looks good. It's not too cold here, but it is running because we needs to get the new smell out. Stove is on, windows are open.

My fil came home today, around dinner time. He is doing fairly well, all things considered.

Work for me again tomorrow.

Good morning!

Had a busy day at work and went straight to the craft club from work! I ended up eating dinner around 9:15-9:30!!! Thank goodness for leftovers! We had a good time and I'm amazed at all the beautiful things being made! Phyllis brought a beautiful baby afghan she made - simply gorgeous! One lady brought in some amigurami - an owl, lamb and penguin- one just cuter than the next!

Wrennie- It's frustrating when the computer won't do what you want it to do. Hope Santa can bring you a new one. Glad you posted and said hi from the library!!!

Cindy- Hope you have an uninterrupted lunch today- I can't tell you the last time I had one of those!!! Smart move to get the "smell' out of the stove before you actually have to use it!!!

Linda- Yes you are still bubbling over and I'm so happy for you!!! All those new feet for your quilting machine! How exciting for you!!!

Mary- Congrats on the Rangers win last night. I didn't stay up for the entire game- but read that Napoli won it for them again!!

Tab- thinking of you---Have you had the US yet?

Judy- How's your needlepoint coming along?

Dusti- Have you used your new PINK mixer yet?

Time to get ready for another wonderful LONG day in Paradise.! Have a good day everybody!

'morning, peeps!!

It's a beautiful, sunny Fall day here today!

Cindy, i hope today runs smoothly for you - and yay for FIL coming home. He must feel good about that....

Judy- How's your needlepoint coming along?

I worked on the x st last Friday - today is a slow day for me, so I'll be able to pull it out again. I've been reading, instead of crafting....:lol

We took Lucy to the vet late yesterday - another skin infection on her tummy! Second one in less than 2 months so the vet gave hera different antibiotic.

She suggested having her bathed regularly with Selsun Blue to try and keep her skin clear of the allergens....

I'm glad I'm not going to be the to do that. We have 2 sisters who own a grooming place nearby - they're the ones who clip the dogs nails for me.

...and Lucy's new knickname, coutesy of the vet:

Chunky Monkey

At nearly 8 months old, she weights 77 pounds:eek

Later, gators!

Good morning housemates! It's a beautiful, sunny fall day here too. The acorns go crunch under my feet as I go over to Rosie's to let Tillie out and the leaves go rustle, rustle as Tillie finds the perfect spot to do her business. One stuck to her face for a while this morning after she sniffed it, so when it finally fell off she pee'd on it. :lol How dare it stick to her face!?!? :lol

Very busy day at work again today. I don't mind being busy, but it would be nice to have an uninterrupted lunch once in a while!

Nothing much to report here. The pellet stove was installed today, and looks good. It's not too cold here, but it is running because we needs to get the new smell out. Stove is on, windows are open.

My fil came home today, around dinner time. He is doing fairly well, all things considered.

Work for me again tomorrow.

It's definitely nice to have an uninterrupted meal now and again. Glad FIL made it home and hope the problem is fixed.

Good morning!

Had a busy day at work and went straight to the craft club from work! I ended up eating dinner around 9:15-9:30!!! Thank goodness for leftovers! We had a good time and I'm amazed at all the beautiful things being made! Phyllis brought a beautiful baby afghan she made - simply gorgeous! One lady brought in some amigurami - an owl, lamb and penguin- one just cuter than the next!

Time to get ready for another wonderful LONG day in Paradise.! Have a good day everybody!

Sounds like a fun group with lots of wonderful goodies being made. Glad you had a good time. :hug

'morning, peeps!!

It's a beautiful, sunny Fall day here today!

I worked on the x st last Friday - today is a slow day for me, so I'll be able to pull it out again. I've been reading, instead of crafting....:lol

We took Lucy to the vet late yesterday - another skin infection on her tummy! Second one in less than 2 months so the vet gave hera different antibiotic.

She suggested having her bathed regularly with Selsun Blue to try and keep her skin clear of the allergens....

I'm glad I'm not going to be the to do that. We have 2 sisters who own a grooming place nearby - they're the ones who clip the dogs nails for me.

...and Lucy's new knickname, coutesy of the vet:

Chunky Monkey

At nearly 8 months old, she weights 77 pounds:eek

Later, gators!

Chunky Monkey! Love it! :lol She is going to be a very big girl. We give ours a bath once a week too. It's a bit of a pain, but at least they are little. Especially compared to Sparky and Lucy. :lol 7 1/2 pounds for Trouble and 16 for Sweet Pea. I've put Sweet Pea on a weight maintenance food since the vet keeps saying she's overweight. She doesn't like it nearly as well as what John feed Trouble, but I think she's losing some of the excess. They said her ideal is 13 pounds and she has been steadily gaining weight and does look pretty chunky now.

Have a wonderful day my friends! :manyheart

Archived