Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello everyone. Cold, gloomy and rainy here today.

Dentist visit yesterday was not good. They were running late and as a result they were only able to do half of my cleaning. I have to go back to get the rest done. And yes, they know how angry that made me. However, there isn't much I can do about it, I need to get the rest of my teeth cleaned. Of course after that I may have to look for another dentist. I hate to do that though, I've been going to this dentist for over 30 years.

Why didn't they finish while you were there? Our dentist does. Especially when it was their fault. That just doesn't make sense.

I finished a purse today. It is self designed, and was started last year. However, I didn't plan ahead and got to a point where I didn't know what to do next. Finally today, I just decided to get it off my sewing table and finished it. It's not how I envisioned it, but its done!

Beautiful purse, Cindy! :clap :clap :clap

Marlene, I would certainly have expected them to call your DD with her having that big a bruise. I know that accidents happen, but still. Hope you have a really nice time on your visit there.

It's nice to hear that there are quilt shows in Texas. I'll have to keep my ears open for the info when we move out there.

It quit raining here about midmorning, but it's still chilly, windy, and gloomy.

John is in a chili cookoff at work tomorrow and forgot to soak the beans last night, so I'm doing a quick cook on them so he can work on the chili when he gets home from work.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Linda.

As for the dentist, I don't know, I complained long and loud, but it didn't help. It was lunch time. My appointment was for 11 and evidently they had already decided before they ever called me in that they would have me come back to finish. They will not pull that stunt on me again though. I was very vocal about my anger. I did not yell, but I wanted to!

Busy day in the house and lots of posts to read!!! I like it!!!! But, I hope you'll forgive me if I don't respond to each one today- I really have to finish the baby blanket border and someone at work asked for a scarf-who am I to say no?

I'll post more in the AM when I'm up before it's light!!!

Hugs to all

Judy, Beautiful ghan! Great color to. Good luck with the cross stitch.

Maya got hurt on the playground at school monday. She and a boy ran into each other and she had to go in the office for ice. When her Mom picked her up at daycare her cheek was black and blue. When Heather (daycare) picked her up she wasn't happy that the school didn't call her or DD. The teacher emailed DD but she didn't get that until she got home from work. So today DD went into the office and the secretary said she don't think Maya came to the office. And rattled off some excuses that could of been going on and why they didn't call. And said some kids bruise easily and her son walks in he is in K or 1st grade and has a bruise and said see he has a bruise that happened on the playground and he didn't even want to come in. DD left with saying if she comes in again she needs to be called. It wasn't no little bruise this thing is the size of a half dollar.

DD definitely should have been called!! Email is for routine things!!!:angry

On the good news Maya got to go have a snack with the principal monday because she got a paws award for being so quiet going in the hallway when they leave for the day. Awwwwww:)

Hubby got his new motorcycle yesterday. It's a 2004 Yamaha 650. It's black and really nice. He really wants me to get one. But I said I have to ride for awhile first to be sure I like it well enough to spend that much money. The young man we bought it from rode it up to are house an hour away. Next spring hubby will get his license for it. Men are still boys at heart - it's just that their toys are bigger:lol

Enjoy being with Maya:hug

Dentist visit yesterday was not good. They were running late and as a result they were only able to do half of my cleaning. I have to go back to get the rest done. And yes, they know how angry that made me. However, there isn't much I can do about it, I need to get the rest of my teeth cleaned. Of course after that I may have to look for another dentist. I hate to do that though, I've been going to this dentist for over 30 years.

I would change! Some people - they act like their time is more important than yours!!!!!:angry

I finished a purse today. It is self designed, and was started last year. However, I didn't plan ahead and got to a point where I didn't know what to do next. Finally today, I just decided to get it off my sewing table and finished it. It's not how I envisioned it, but its done!

It looks terrific! You're awfully good with colors...

Judy ~ It sounds like the afghan was a success! :)Yup....I loved DS's reaction to it...How is Miss Lucy doing?

Little Miss Lucy has to be weighed soon - she must be clost to 70 pounds!

She's also stubborn as all get out! When I call her in she runs around the yard and looks back at me...even when DH calls her she takes detours...and she ADORES him! I end up bribing her.

She and Sparkie are too cute when they tug over a toy. She pulls and pulls...while all Sparkie does is hold on and walk to keep pace with her...and growl, teeth showing:lol

As for the dentist, I don't know, I complained long and loud, but it didn't help. It was lunch time. My appointment was for 11 and evidently they had already decided before they ever called me in that they would have me come back to finish. They will not pull that stunt on me again though. I was very vocal about my anger. I did not yell, but I wanted to!

You're way too nice...that wouldn't go over at all here on the East Coast....

Good luck in your search for a new dentist!

Have a good night, my friends...:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, Beautiful purse! The patterns looks good together. Shame on the dentists staff! I would tell them you don't mind me deducting 10.00 off my co pay if you have one. For the cost of gas for my second trip. That wouldn't of flew with me considering we drive and hour to ares but they wouldn't of done it either. They would of finished us. We have had a few times they we would run over into there lunch. It was always when they were eating lunch in.

Judy, The toys only bigger the older the boys get.:yes

Linda, There are some ladies in are park that go on a bus trip to different quilting stores. Something you'll have to check out when you move to Texas.

Mary, Hope the weather is Wisconsin is warmer than MI. Have a great time in Port A. We will still be home.

Going to get some more crocheting done. See you all tomorrow. Have a nice night!

Cindy- I like that tote!!!

Judy- Yup, traffic was a bear yesterday- it stopped raining so should be a better commute today

Marisa- Fingers crossed that the inspection happens soon!!

Marlene- Thanks for the link to the baseball buddies. They are really cute!

Linda-Have fun at the quilting expo today!

I finished the blanket and will wash it tonight!

Out of time (yet again) so I'll just end by saying- Have a wonderful day!

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Just a quick hello - I'm meeting DD and Luke and several of their friends this morning - http://www.fwmuseum.org/fort-worth-childrens-museum

The kids love it and so do I. :lol They have a small restaurant, so I think we're having lunch there.

Have a great day and I'll check in this afternoon. :manyheart

Good morning peeps!

Just a quick hello - I'm meeting DD and Luke and several of their friends this morning - http://www.fwmuseum.org/fort-worth-childrens-museum

The kids love it and so do I. :lol They have a small restaurant, so I think we're having lunch there.

Oh, that looks like a blast!! Have a great time!

Good morning ladies :hi Well, almost afternoon

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday. The laptop shut off on me before I was ready to be done with it. But, what I hadn't finished wasn't worth the aggravation of dealing with it. Today, I don't have much left to do. So while waiting for my desk (it should be here today) I set up my desktop even though I don't have the desk to put it on yet and downloaded my computer software onto it :yay Now I need patient's to put into it :lol

Not much else here right now. I've spent the morning on the computer and have run a crazy amount of updates (considering the computer hasn't been on in a while) and everytime it updates, it needs to reboot :whew

Now I'm going to check my email and try to get some little things done while waiting for fedex :xfin

Judy - :yay for ds liking the blanket

Marlene - Sorry to hear what happened with Maya :hug I agree that the school should have definitely called about something like that. And :yay for the motorcycle. I don't know how it is there, but in PA they offer free classes and provide the exam at the end of the last class to get your license and then you get a discount on insurance for having taken the class :yes

Cindy - I love, love, love, the purse :manyheart Sorry about the dentist experience and I'd probably be looking for someone new as well Grrrr

Mary - Did you finish your laundry? The children't museum looks like such fun :clap

Linda - I feel like John was just in a chili cookoff :think Is it that time of the year again already :eek

Joanne - Did you finish the border on the baby blanket last night?

Catch y'all later :hug

Hello everyone. Busy, busy, busy at work today. I was so glad to be done. I didn't have a bad day, just never managed to feel caught up at all. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Thanks for the kind comments on my purse. I'm so glad to have it finished. it's been a WIP for ages.

Mary, hope you had a great time at the museum and at lunch. Sounds like a fun day.

Marisa, hopefully patients will show up soon. Have you found any time to craft?

Marisa, I'll never forget how hard it was for DS in the beginning...waiting for those first patients. Once he had a few, word of mouth took over, so I'm sure it's going to be the same for you!:hug

Have a good night everyone!:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Mary, The museum looks like a fun time. Hope lunch was to.

Marisa, I'll have to check in to free classes. We just put insurance on it for winter. Hope your desk arrived today and it was all right.

Cindy, Hope tomorrow is a better day at work.

Joanne, Hope you had a nice day at work.

Linda, How was the quilt show? Did your friend decide to take any classes with you?

It was a cool rainy day here today. Did get a load of laundry done. Had the end of a venison roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. Tomorrow I'm making a huge pot of chicken noodle soup. DS likes it so I'm making enough for him, DH, and to take to DD's. Have the chicken out thawing now.

I have stems on 20 of the pumpkins so they are coming right along. I worked on them last night and today.

I'll catch everyone later. Have a nice evening!

Looks like fun!!! Hope you all had a great day!!

Good morning ladies :hi Well, almost afternoon

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday. The laptop shut off on me before I was ready to be done with it. But, what I hadn't finished wasn't worth the aggravation of dealing with it. Today, I don't have much left to do. So while waiting for my desk (it should be here today) I set up my desktop even though I don't have the desk to put it on yet and downloaded my computer software onto it :yay Now I need patient's to put into it :lol Before you know it you'll be busy!!!

Linda - I feel like John was just in a chili cookoff :think Is it that time of the year again already :eek I was thinking the same thing- A year gone by already!!!!:eek

Joanne - Did you finish the border on the baby blanket last night?

Catch y'all later :hug

Yes I did!!!! I'll post a pic, although you can't really tell how pretty the blue color is--it's so dark here!!!

Hello everyone. Busy, busy, busy at work today. I was so glad to be done. I didn't have a bad day, just never managed to feel caught up at all. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

I was busy today too- and I know how you feel- tomorrow is crazy busy- we have our weekly Case Management meeting, then our monthly staff meeting- it'll be insane---but thank goodness it's Friday!!!

Hi Ladies,

Mary, The museum looks like a fun time. Hope lunch was to.

Marisa, I'll have to check in to free classes. We just put insurance on it for winter. Hope your desk arrived today and it was all right.

Cindy, Hope tomorrow is a better day at work.

Joanne, Hope you had a nice day at work.

Linda, How was the quilt show? Did your friend decide to take any classes with you? I hope you had a great time, too!!!!

It was a cool rainy day here today. Did get a load of laundry done. Had the end of a venison roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. Tomorrow I'm making a huge pot of chicken noodle soup. DS likes it so I'm making enough for him, DH, and to take to DD's. Have the chicken out thawing now.

I have stems on 20 of the pumpkins so they are coming right along. I worked on them last night and today.

I'll catch everyone later. Have a nice evening!

Wow that's alot of pumpkins and you are making such great progress!!!! Love chicken soup- I made some on Sunday- this is the time of year where soup and the crock pot come out!!!

Have a great evening all!!!

post-27163-135897705239_thumb.jpg

Good morning, peeps!

Welcome, Evelyn! I don't remember seeing you here at the House...the more the merrier:hug:hook

Joanne, that blanket is BEAUTIFUL!!! Your work is so beautyiful...you have a real knack for hooking;)

Off I go - in a little bit I'll be going to a neighbor's to get some fresh eyes on my essay for the writing contest.

The sun is shining, it's very cool...so all is right in my little world!

Have a great day, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Hi House. :) Yesterday was wonderful! The museum is incredible with so many things for the little ones...they love it! We ate lunch outside and watched the fountains.

Joanne ~ Your baby 'ghan is adorable! It looks so soft and cuddly. :c9

Hi Evelyn! Come back soon and visit. :waving

Marlene ~ Yum - chicken noodle soup is a favorite at our house. I love making all kinds! :yes

Linda ~ I hope you're having a ball at the quilt show!

Yay for the Rangers late game win last night! :cheer They'll be back here tomorrow night. :)

DH came home yesterday, so lots of laundry to do. I hope to spend time with my hook, too. Have a good morning!:manyheart

Good morning ladies :hi

I got my desk at around 5 last night and got it put together and now I'm here trying to place the 3 pieces in a way that makes sense. I'm meeting a friend from chiro school for lunch in a couple hours and to get myself adjusted :lol I haven't been since I left philly :eek And now I'm starting to feel it.

Cindy and Judy - I haven't actually opened yet since I didn't have my inspection yet. But, I do have a couple people waiting for me to open that are friends of my sisters (and mine) who have an insurance that I'll be able to take :D Gotta start somewhere.

I'm feeling bad though. The loan was denied again and they told me I credit score in the letter and with the number I saw, I'm baffled that I can't get any help :think Anyways, I have been racking up the credit cards to get this place going and used all my savings so now have to rely on my parents and my sister even more :sigh It's one thing to have the help with the office expenses, but now with my personal bills....it's a little hard to take. Such is life and I too will persevere :shrug:yes

Gorgeous ghan Joanne :manyheart

Oh, so after I left here last night I went to Michael's and Joanne's and neither had the yarn I need to finish my housewarming afghan. So when I head over to meet my friend, I'm going to see if there are any stores over there I can check out....I think there's one of each plus a walmart. I only need RHSS in warm brown (not even a crazy color).

OK, that's about it for now. I want to get a few more things done in here before I leave out. I may be back later, but if not, have a wonderful day :hug

Marisa, I'm so sorry about the loan! The banks are being so very tight! :hug

Yay for the Rangers late game win last night! :cheer They'll be back here tomorrow night. :)

Having lived in St. Louis I have a soft spot for them, but we just love the excitement the Texas manager shows! I think I'm joining hubby in rooting for your guys!

Good morning!

I had a nice evening with friends at Olive Garden last evening. Came home and realized that Rutgers football was on- so started to watch it- and then aparently they watched me sleep since the next thing i knew it was 5:30!! I checked the score to find out they lost 16-14:(

Today is a busy day - a good busy day! Going to breakfast at DD's and can't wait to see the little guy. Then off to the baby shower at noon! Hoping for some relaxation tonight with :yarn and :hook

Marisa- Are there any other options for business loans? It really stinks that the banks went crazy a few years ago giving loans to everybody and anybody and now the rest of us all have to pay for it!!! I don't want to get started! Keep positive and keep moving forward.

Hope that you found the 'warm brown' yarn! You would think that wouldn't be a hard color to find!!!:eek

Cindy- Enjoy your day off!!! Any fun things on the agenda?

Linda- Thinking about you and know that you must be enjoying the quilting expo!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Judy- Hope you had a good time with your neighbor and her "fresh eyes" to read your essay!!

Dusti- Hope the rest of your trip went smoothly even with MIL;) Safe travels home!!!

Kiyo- Hope you are settling in and I'm thinking about you and hoping that things work out for you the way you would like them to.

Tab- Thinking of you- Is your US scheduled? How are you feeling? I am going to a baby shower this afternoon- the gal who is pregnant is at the point that she is ready for the baby to be born- but has about 4 more weeks to go!

Mary- Glad to hear you had a lot of fun at the museum and lunch. I can't wait till Ryan is older to do things like that. But I'm not rushing things- just enjoying each step along the way. DD called last night to say he "reached for" one of his little toys. She was so excited! The little things that make us happy!!

Marlene- Any plans to see Maya this weekend? Hope all is well!

Wrennie- Hope that you get to relax a bit after all that lugging of wood etc!!! I ache just thinking about it!

Make it a good day!:hug

'morning, peeps!

Cindy, enjoy your weekend off!

Joanne, the baby shower should be fun - enjoy!

And my neighbor (a remedial English teacher at Brookdale CC and a journalism major back in the day) helped me untangle 2 sentences I had trouble with...and we had a good visit...esp when another neighbor stopped by for a play date with the dog in residence!

A good day overall.

This AM is a color touch up for me and then exploring Best Buy to check out the iPads:D

Later, gators!:hug:manyheart

Hi everyone. Just a quick note before leaving for the last day of the Quilt Expo. I'm having a a ball. I've picked up lots of wonderful goodies. Still haven't seen all the quilts on display. The classes I took were wonderful and very helpful. And, would you believe it? I won another sewing machine yesterday! This one is a basic Pfaff machine which will be great for my more heavy duty projects and materials. Like curtains, denim, upholstery fabric, etc. I'm thrilled and still in shock. I'm taking my friend, Carol, with me today. It's her first quilt show. I can't wait to see her reactions.

Have a wonderful day and a great weekend. I'll catch up later with all the news.

Archived