Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies. :hi

Cindy ~ I know you must be exposed to so many things at work - feel better soon. :hug

Dusti ~ Oh, I can't wait to hear about your parent/teacher conference. I hope all is still on schedule for your trip!

Judy ~ What are you working on in cross stitch? I haven't done any in quite a few years, but love it!

Marisa ~ So sorry about all the pesky details at the office. It's almost like being a homeowner in a lot of ways. :yes 'Hope all goes well with your inspection and then it sounds like you'll be ready to go! :cheer

Linda ~ Yay for going to the quilt expo! :clap Looking forward to seeing the Homespun shawl. :yes

No crocheting for me today - but plan on doing some now. We're under storm watches with a cold front headed this way. It was 90* today and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60s! Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

I am back -- better late than never ;) The girls are off from school all week. Half of the week is due to parent/teacher conferences, and the rest is to allow the teachers to have in-service workshops. This means that we can go out and do some visiting :yay Early tomorrow morning, we are heading down to my parents' house. Dinner with my whole family will be a real treat, as I have been missing them, lately. We will spend Wednesday just visiting and chatting as quickly as we can, and then we are invited to DH's parents' for dessert in the evening (MIL didn't want to think about feeding the 4 of us, so she suggested she would make coffee, if I wanted to bring a dessert. :think "Ooookaaaaay." "It takes all sorts to make the world go 'round," I keep muttering to myself.) Early Thursday, we are heading south towards Madison, WI to visit some really good friends of ours. They had their first child in August, and I can hardly wait to get my hands on Baby Abby Marie :c9 The girls are just as excited about seeing the baby, and DH is going to help is friend put in stone pavers from the house to an outdoor patio, while we are there. The trip is going to be short (long on miles in the car, but not on actual face-time, unfortunately), but we have been anticipating it for weeks.

I have enjoyed reading everyone's news and updates.

Cindy ~ I hope you do not come down with a serious cold, and that your attempt to rest and recuperate, today, helps you to feel better, tomorrow.

Linda ~ Have just the grandest time at the Quilt Expo this weekend. Be sure to snap pics of the beautiful fabrics you buy and of the sample projects you bring home.

Judy ~ I really like the textured throw you did in the green fleck for your DS. I have made that pattern using RH Fiesta Black for a housewarming gift for a cousin, and it received rave reviews from her hubby for being 'guy-sized.' :lol

Marisa ~ Oh the little details are going to drive you batty, aren't they? No gas, wrong parts for the reception desk, ai-yi-yi. Glad your dad was there to lend a hand and work through some of the issues with you. How exciting to hear that you are getting closer to opening your doors. Hang in there. You are doing a great job, and it will come together for you :hug

Joanne ~ Were you able to make good progress on the Baby Bubbles blanket this evening at Craft Night? You can do it by this weekend :cheer

Mary ~ CUTE picture of Luke on the train! I am sorry he was so distressed about having to get off of it, but it made for a sweet story. Have you finished all of your chores while your DH is gone, so that you can crochet the day away, tomorrow? When will he be back home?

Marlene ~ How is it going at your house this week? How is your husband feeling? You had Maya staying with you (if I remember correctly) over the weekend. Was the rivalry during the football game just as cute as I am imagining? I'll bet she loved your hugs and attention.

Trish ~ How are you holding up after your long shifts at work? Is your shoulder doing okay? Is your DD home with the new, little GD?

I have one more row to go, before the Gaelic (ripple) Afghan is complete. I want to mail it off, tomorrow, so I am going to go and :crocheting like crazy. I will have to take a pic to share, too :yes

Have a good night, Everyone :night

Good morning!

Had a fun time at the craft club and the time just flew by!!! Made good progress on the baby blanket!

Cindy- Hope today finds you feeling a little better and that you are able to shake off the headache and sore throat!:hug

Dusti- How did it go at the parent/teacher conferences? Any problems with any of the teachers with taking the girls to HI? When my DD's were younger, they frowned on taking kids out of school for that long--but times are different now.

Your little get-away to visit family and friends sounds wonderful! How many hours in the car? I guess the upside is that you get to crochet back and forth!!!! Glad to hear that your DH is home from his trip safe and sound!!!!:yay

Marisa- Keep plugging away and all will come together (including the desk):lol

Mary- Hope the storms passed through quietly!!!

Linda- I know you must be excited for the quilt show and expo...It seems like they have a couple of them a year down there:think Or is it that time just flies by and it was a year ago already you went to it? Enjoy your time there!!!! And 2lbs one way or the other I don't think is cause for concern---I tend to fluctuate back and forth too!!! I watch what I eat, and do watach the scale---especially since I donated all my clothes that were too big to Goodwill and bought some new pants this weekend!!!

Judy- Did you get to enjoy the glorious day yesterday afternoon? I went outside at lunch and had a very hard time having to return inside to the office. I could have stayed outside all afternoon!

Off to start my day early today- I have a few things that I'd like to get done while it's quiet and no interruptions!!!!

Make it a good one!

:cake Happy Birthday, Dusti! :cake

Have a safe trip and enjoy your visits with family and friends. Your MIL does sound...interesting? How nice that she asked you to bring dessert for YOUR Birthday. :devil:lol My DH is in Madison this week!

Good Morning, House. :)

It was a long night with storms, high winds and a major cold front. Today should be sunny with temps 40* cooler than yesterday! Gracie goes to the groomers and I'll do grocery shopping.

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

'morning, peeps!

Thanks, Linda and Dusti!

Mary, I'm working on Le Chat Noir....what was I thinking...BLACK thread:eek Yesterday I had a knot on the back I couldn't unpick...and then I remembered how easily frustrated I get with x st at times!

It may take a long time to finish:lol

Joanne, I was out a lot yesterday - gorgeous day once the morning dreariness passed!

Off I go - food store run this morning.

Have a good one my friends.:hug:manyheart

Good morning everyone. I' m feeling better today. It is very cold here this morning, and is quite gloomy. I'm ready for that pellet stove to arrive!

No big plans for today. I have a few errands to run, and a dentist appointment. I was sort of hoping to still feel sick, so I'd ahve an excuse to cancel. I ahte going to the dentist!

Dusti, happy birthday! Your plans to visit with family, sound like fun. As for mil, I finally figured out that you just have to take them as they are. My mil has always been "lazy" for lack of a better word. My fil was just the opposite though. Now they are both physically very frail, and require lots of attention from us.

Mary, WOW, that is a huge temperature shift. Around here that would cause storms for sure!

Good morning, Joanne, have a good day at work. I always like seeing your good morning post.

Linda, it also seems to me that there are a lot of quilt happenings there. As for those 2 pounds, I wouldn't worry.

Marisa, when is your practice scheduled to open?

Judy, kudos to you for cross stitching, and with black thread yet too! I rarely x-stitch any more. I find it sort of frustrating, because my eyes aren't all they used to be. I even bought one of those ugly bright task lights to use for it. I do enjoy regular old fashioned embroidery though.

Good morning to everyone else too, Marlene, Trish, Kiyo, Tab, Toni and anyone that I missed.

Good morning! The sun is out and it's supposed to be nice today and then rainy and a bunch colder starting Wednesday. Kim goes back for a recheck of her Coumadin level today. The Prednisone messed it up temporarily.

Hello everyone. I had the day off today, and was hoping to accomplish a lot. Unfortunately, I've had a headache and a sore throat all day, so mostly I just laid around.

Hopefully I am a little more ambitious tomorrow.

Hope you feel a lot better today. I know that when I don't feel good it's super hard to be very ambitious.

No crocheting for me today - but plan on doing some now. We're under storm watches with a cold front headed this way. It was 90* today and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60s! Have a good evening, everyone. :manyheart

Yikes! That's a big difference in temperature. Stay safe and warm. :hug

I am back -- better late than never ;) The girls are off from school all week. Half of the week is due to parent/teacher conferences, and the rest is to allow the teachers to have in-service workshops. This means that we can go out and do some visiting :yay Early tomorrow morning, we are heading down to my parents' house. Dinner with my whole family will be a real treat, as I have been missing them, lately. We will spend Wednesday just visiting and chatting as quickly as we can, and then we are invited to DH's parents' for dessert in the evening (MIL didn't want to think about feeding the 4 of us, so she suggested she would make coffee, if I wanted to bring a dessert. :think "Ooookaaaaay." "It takes all sorts to make the world go 'round," I keep muttering to myself.) Early Thursday, we are heading south towards Madison, WI to visit some really good friends of ours. They had their first child in August, and I can hardly wait to get my hands on Baby Abby Marie :c9 The girls are just as excited about seeing the baby, and DH is going to help is friend put in stone pavers from the house to an outdoor patio, while we are there. The trip is going to be short (long on miles in the car, but not on actual face-time, unfortunately), but we have been anticipating it for weeks.

I have one more row to go, before the Gaelic (ripple) Afghan is complete. I want to mail it off, tomorrow, so I am going to go and :crocheting like crazy. I will have to take a pic to share, too :yes

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Have lots of fun. Is MIL a poor cook? If so, maybe the strange invite is a blessing in disguise.

Linda- I know you must be excited for the quilt show and expo...It seems like they have a couple of them a year down there:think Or is it that time just flies by and it was a year ago already you went to it? Enjoy your time there!!!! And 2lbs one way or the other I don't think is cause for concern---I tend to fluctuate back and forth too!!! I watch what I eat, and do watach the scale---especially since I donated all my clothes that were too big to Goodwill and bought some new pants this weekend!!!

In the spring we have a Sewing and Quilt Expo that is focused mainly on sewing with some quilting thrown in. In the fall it's the Quilt Expo which is completely focused on quilting with a few other things in some of the booths. Both are good and fun to attend.

It's not so much the fluctuating 2 pounds, it's the fact that the doctor wants me to be 30 pounds less at a minimum. In the past, one doctor put the goal at 20 pounds less, another at 35 pounds less, another at 40 pounds less, and John is focussed on the weight he finished high school at, which for me is 50 pounds less. And I'm not all that unhappy where I am, although I should probably lose 10-20 pounds. I'm currently at 170, but I don't look like I weigh that much as I'm fairly large boned and have a lot of muscle. I'm feeling pressured which makes me unhappy and uncooperative which doesn't help a bit either. :( Anyway, enough of griping about it at least for today.

Good Morning, House. :)

It was a long night with storms, high winds and a major cold front. Today should be sunny with temps 40* cooler than yesterday! Gracie goes to the groomers and I'll do grocery shopping.

Have a good morning, everyone. :manyheart

Yikes! :eek I hope you had minimal wind damage. :hug

Mary, I'm working on Le Chat Noir....what was I thinking...BLACK thread:eek Yesterday I had a knot on the back I couldn't unpick...and then I remembered how easily frustrated I get with x st at times!

It may take a long time to finish:lol

:manyheart

That's a Black Cat, right? What were you thinking, gal? Black is no fun to work with in either cross-stitch or crochet!

More later. Hope you all have a good day. :hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Busy but good day in Paradise.

I saw the Chat Noir that Judy is working on and and she also has another x stitch one going- very pretty with light colors My first thought was BLACK??? I have a hard enough time with black yarn!!! It's going to be lovely when done though!!!

Linda- I lost about a total of 20 lbs and I feel so much better. I wish DH would lose some weight- it's so much better for his health- but I've learned not to say anything. Hopefully John will leave you alone too!!

Cindy- Hope all went well with the dentist. Not my favorite activity either. Last time I was there I made my 6 mos appt so I wouldn' t "forget" to go!!!

Mary- I'm glad you remember all the birthday''s!! That sure is a big shift in temps! Tomorrow night- World Series- Go Rangers!!!

Dusti :bday:birthday:cake Hope you are having an awesome day!!

Off to work on the baby blanket.

Dusti, I hope your Birthday was a very, very good one!

Cindy, I hope your day wasn't too bad. Going to the dentist ranks at the bottom of my list!

That's a Black Cat, right? What were you thinking, gal? Black is no fun to work with in either cross-stitch or crochet!

I wasn't thinking:lol...or I was being incredibly optimistic!:rofl

Have a good night everyone!:hug:manyheart

Joanne ~ I know you'll have the baby ghan finished with time to spare! :c9

Cindy ~ Great news that you're feeling better. :manyheart

Judy ~ Oh, I love that picture! It will be striking when done in cross stitch.:yes

Hi to everyone at the House! :ghug

I finished the Shelly scarf tonight, so that makes two more since I mailed all my scarf "stash" last week.:hook See you all tomorrow. :)

I finished the baby blanket- well, except for the border, but I'm getting tired and the alarm will be going off before I'd like it to in the morning!!!

Mary- I'll be starting another Shelly scarf tomorrow night after the border is done. I promised 2 more scarves for our departments bake sale/craft sale fundraiser!

Night all

Thank you sooo much for the birthday wishes, Friends :hug:hug I am on my mum's computer, and, somehow, it is even s-l-o-w-e-r than mine on dial-up. As a result, this is going to be super-quick, and I am going to try logging-in, again, tomorrow.

This day was very wonderful for me. The girls set their alarms as if it were a school day, unbeknown to me, so we could all eat breakfast together, before DH had to leave for work. They ate so quickly, and there was a lot of giggling going on behind cupped hands, so I knew that 'something' was up. The three of them had bought me the huge, 8-quart Kitchen Aide stand mixer I had been dreaming about for years. It's pink :yay:yay I had to open it, and then leave the lovely thing on my kitchen counter, as we had to depart for my parents' house, but I can hardly wait to get acquainted next week :D I also received a Japanese cookbook/storybook from inns in the northern part of the country, where I studied, and I tucked that into my bag to read in the evenings this week. The girls were soooo good about keeping my presents a secret, I had no idea. So, DH left for work, the girls and I loaded the car, and then we headed southeast. We called Gramma, when we were about 1 hour out, and asked if we could all eat lunch together :manyheart She and I sat and gabbed over coffee all afternoon, while the girls played and chattered with us, off-and-on. This evening, we went out to dinner with my parents, my brother, Sis-in-law and nephews. The girls were spoiled with birthday presents, when we arrived back at the house. Tonight, they are having a sleepover at my Gramma's house (at the end of the driveway), and I am sleeping in my former room. Tomorrow night, we will go to my in-law's. DH is planning to meet us here, but he has an afternoon meeting at work, and he will probably miss the bulk of our visit. MIL is quite a good cook, and she is very vocal about 'missing her darling granddaughters,' but she never called or sent gifts on their birthdays, and when we are planning to go and visit, she invited the neighbors and an aunt and uncle over at the same time. We'll go for a bit, but we will be anxious to get back to my parents' house, after we have made an appearance and given her a chance to see the girls and ask them a question or two. She's not elderly, and there is nothing really wrong with her, she is just self-absorbed and uninterested in us, when we are not in town. FIL is a wonderful grandpa, and he is more likely to call and chat with me during the week than MIL is, so we like going to see him. The visit will be fine, it always is, once we get there, but I grump about the different personalities, when I get caught in the middle. Tomorrow will be one of those days.

Our trip to WI will take another 8 hours, or so. The girls have new drawing tablets, erasable colored pencils, The Secret Garden on CD to listen to, and their new dollies to dress and play with. They are such good car travelers, I am not anticipating any problems. I have oodles of yarn with me, so that I can work on the cotton dishcloth bouquets for Christmas presents. Twelve bouquets with 4 dishcloths each = enough crocheting to keep me busy for awhile :hook

I am off, for the night. Again, thank you for thinking of me. We went out to a buffet-type restaurant, so no one was interested in dessert, when we got home this evening. Mum always makes me a German chocolate cake with the gooey coconut-caramel frosting, so I know she will send one home with me at the end of this weekend. Yummy!

Talk to you, tomorrow.

Good morning!

Dusti- It sure seems that you had an awesome birthday!!! I was surprised a few years ago for Christmas when my oldest sent me a KitchenAid Stand Mixer for Christmas!!! Oh my, I do love it....but mine is white not PINK!!! How Fun in Pink!!! I'm not 1/8 of the baker that you are, but I do love the convenience of it and I can surely appreciate how excited you were to receive it-along with a nice new fun cookbook!!!

It's a rainy, dreary day out, which means I'd better get hopping ---rain always equals a slower commute to work!

Have a good day, one and ALL!

:birthday belated Dusti!!!!!

Good morning ladies :hi

I just realized I didn't get in at all yesterday :( It was a busy day. My gas did get turned on, the guys came to service my fire extinguishers and emergency lighting, and my sister's bf came to put in a receptacle for me (he's an electrician) :clap I'm hoping that the right piece to my desk comes today and that I can get it together. I know that I won't be able to connect the pieces or move them around by myself though :( I'm just physically not strong enough :( (and I don't consider myself a weakling :lol ) So, I told my sister's bf that I may be calling him back for that, which he's fine with to help out. He just got laid off, as he usually does around this time of year, but being part of the union he doesn't have to actually go out looking for a job because they keep a list or something like that :think When hours are available he picks up everything he can :yes So, now he gets to help me and my sister has a list of things for at the house to get done too since she doesn't bother him with things during the 'working season'. I won't bug him too much, just with the stuff that I really cannot do alone and that should be it now since my dad was here and we were all getting as much done with his help. OK, I'm rambling.

I got my credit card processing machine yesterday, so I have to call today to get it set up. And I got some insurance credentialing stuff, but it's all on cd-rom so I have to check that out today too. I got my degrees/certificates/awards/license hung yesterday. I still have a couple more things to hang, but not crucial right now. Once the desk is done, I can set up my computer and download my software. Then I'll be calling for the inspection :xfin

I'm working hard in the evenings on the housewarming gift afghan I'm making, which is for saturday evening. I think I'm going to have to pick up another skein of yarn, but since I can't remember the exact color, that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Cindy -Glad to hear that your headache got a bit better, how did you make out at the dentist? I'll be able to do business as soon as I pass my inspection, but I think we'll have a grand opening near mid November :think

Mary - There sure are alot of those pesky details, and they seem to just keep popping up.....but, I just take one step at a time.

Dusti - Glad to hear your having a good visit and how exciting to get the 8qt kitchen aid, I can't wait to see what you make first :think

Joanne - :yay for finishing the main part of the baby blanket and glad to hear you had a good craft club

Judy - I started a cross stitch probably about....hmmmm....I was in undergrad, so maybe 1999....I just threw it away when I moved. I decided if it wasn't done by then, it wasn't getting done :blush

Linda - I'm overweight too and I do try to workout regularly, although lately I'm just all messed up with all of my schedules. I eat what I want, but just try to be mindful of portion sizes. Over the past several months I did lose weight just by eat small amounts every 2 hours and I hadn't really changed anything else. I decided I needed to try it because I kept telling my patients to do that if they questioned or commented on weight issues. I said to myself, "self, you keep telling everyone to do this, but you don't do this" and since I didn't want to be a hypocrit, I made the decision to practice what I preach and surprise, surprise....it worked :lol

OK, I have to get moving and get something done I suppose....I should be back a bit later.

Good morning all. It is cloudy, gloomy, chilly, windy, and raining here. The rain started about mid-afternoon yesterday and kept it up all night. There's a big puddle outside the lower-level door. Puppies will making very short excursions outside at this rate. I'm hoping it gets it out of its system before tomorrow, but time will tell.

I talked to Carol last night and we're meeting here at 9:00 tomorrow so that we can get to the quilt show when it opens at 10:00. She was open to going any day. I finally decided that the classes I'd most like to attend were on Friday and Saturday so she's going with me on Thursday. If she gets hooked or decides to try a class there's still a chance to sign up to go to one on those days, too. She's now working on her second quilt. She likes it, but is running into the same predicament that most of us have. When to find enough time to do it?!?! :lol Can we crocheters relate? :lol And since I do both it's doubly bad. :D

Dusti ~ I'm so glad you had such a nice time on your birthday! And that mixer sounds just awesome. I'm still using the one I got when we got married. At least it works, and that's the main thing. Safe travels the rest of the week. :hug

Safe drives Joanne.

Hi Mary!

Kim's doctor visit went quickly. Just in, check her vitals, get her blood drawn, and out again.

Hi, ya!

Dusti, what a wonderful birthday!!!!!:cheer:clap

Linda, we had our house power washed yesterday...and today it's poring out there...puddles galore:P. It's hard with the pup...she either goes bonkers in this or won't go out at all if it's raining heavily!

Marisa...and electrician to call on...a woman's dream!!!

I gave away one x st piece I knew I would never finish... I'm hoping to stick with this one...the black is a major part of it,so if I can just try a little at a time I should see the end of it eventually. I do want to work on the light colored one I have, but if I split my time between the 2 neither one will get done for ages!

Joanne my hubby had to go up to Rutgers to do some work this AM...I KNOW he's going to come home feeling stressed. That drive is bad in good weather, so I know what you're dealing with as you pass through that area:hug

...and DS popped by last night for a visit....I almost forgot to give him his blanket....

He buried his face in the softness:lol

Kim's doctor visit went quickly. Just in, check her vitals, get her blood drawn, and out again.

Great news!!

Have a good day everyone!:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Dusti, :birthday What a wonderful gift a pink Kithcen Aid. Glad your enjoying your time with family. Sorry your MIL isn't as nice as she should be. She sure don't know what she is missing with you and the girls. Have a great time with the rest of your visit and baby Abby Marie. My Grandma use to make german chocolate cake from scratch of course everything she made was from scratch. And all so yummy!

Marisa, Hope the desk arrives soon and everything falls into place for you. Hope your inspection goes well. Ya for getting in some crochet time.

Linda, I had to laugh reading John forgot his bow. At least other things got taken care of and some r&r was had to. Hope John doesn't harp on you to much about your weight. Enjoy your quilt show! What classes are you going to take? Glad Kim's appt went well.

Mary, Luke sure is getting big. He's such a cutie. Your rolling out the scarves there. After I finish the pumpkins I have to make a scarf for SIL. And she wants a black one. Congrats to the rangers! I hope they go all the way to. They are a good team. I didn't watch saturdays game but hubby did and he was yelling at the tv. Maya and I were in the bedroom enjoying a movie.

Cindy, Glad your feeling better. I don't like this gloomy, rainy, cold days we are having.

Judy, Beautiful ghan! Great color to. Good luck with the cross stitch.

Joanne, I'll see if I can find the pattern on here for the "baseball buddies" and link it or tell you were it is at. It was a cute pattern.

Maya came friday and saturday we went to Payton's/Jocelyn's football/cheerleading and they weren't there. I wasn't to happy about no call they weren't going to be there, but DIL did say she would meet us at McDonald's and the kids could hang out in the play area. They had a great time together. DIL and I had a nice time visiting to. I had wanted to make cookies with Maya but there wasn't a enough time to. But saturday I have to go down there for at least a couple of days so I will mix all the dry ingredients together and take them with me. She is going to be a witch for Halloween and I picked her the cutest broom at walmart. It has some pink ribbon wrapped around it and some silver stars wrapped around it.

Maya got hurt on the playground at school monday. She and a boy ran into each other and she had to go in the office for ice. When her Mom picked her up at daycare her cheek was black and blue. When Heather (daycare) picked her up she wasn't happy that the school didn't call her or DD. The teacher emailed DD but she didn't get that until she got home from work. So today DD went into the office and the secretary said she don't think Maya came to the office. And rattled off some excuses that could of been going on and why they didn't call. And said some kids bruise easily and her son walks in he is in K or 1st grade and has a bruise and said see he has a bruise that happened on the playground and he didn't even want to come in. DD left with saying if she comes in again she needs to be called. It wasn't no little bruise this thing is the size of a half dollar.

On the good news Maya got to go have a snack with the principal monday because she got a paws award for being so quiet going in the hallway when they leave for the day.

Hubby got his new motorcycle yesterday. It's a 2004 Yamaha 650. It's black and really nice. He really wants me to get one. But I said I have to ride for awhile first to be sure I like it well enough to spend that much money. The young man we bought it from rode it up to are house an hour away. Next spring hubby will get his license for it.

I have 21 out of the 25 pumpkins made. I will be finshing those all up that I don't get done before I go to DD's at her house. So I can leave them with Maya.

I need to make a trip to the store so I'll catch you all later. Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hi to the rest of the house!

Hello everyone. Cold, gloomy and rainy here today.

Dentist visit yesterday was not good. They were running late and as a result they were only able to do half of my cleaning. I have to go back to get the rest done. And yes, they know how angry that made me. However, there isn't much I can do about it, I need to get the rest of my teeth cleaned. Of course after that I may have to look for another dentist. I hate to do that though, I've been going to this dentist for over 30 years.

Dusti, sounds like your birthday was great. My kitchen Aid mixer is boring white. My dd has a green one, and my sil has a red one.

I finished a purse today. It is self designed, and was started last year. However, I didn't plan ahead and got to a point where I didn't know what to do next. Finally today, I just decided to get it off my sewing table and finished it. It's not how I envisioned it, but its done!

post-6189-135897705073_thumb.jpg

Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)

Dusti ~ What a special birthday! I'll bet the girls were so excited to help your DH plan everything. Kitchenaids are wonderful - and the large one is perfect for you, since you do so much cooking and baking! My mother got her first one in 1947 and it still works...she was afraid it would quit, so she bought another one in the 1990s.:lol I've had one for 35 years and it's still going strong. :) I saw the dishcloth bouquets (Tam's) and they'll make great Christmas gifts!

Joanne ~ WTG on finishing the baby 'ghan. :clap What yarn are you using for scarves? The last few skeins of Vanna's just haven't seemed as soft...I hope they haven't changed the way they make it!

Hi Marlene! You sound good, but how do you keep up with everything? :wink So sorry about Maya's bruise - they sure should have called someone! I know she'll love seeing you again and the broom sounds perfect!:yes We have a trip to Port A planned for the week of Nov. 6th!

Marisa ~ That's wonderful that your sister's BF can help you with some things! You are so organized...it sounds like everything will be ready soon! :cheer Your afghan will be such a nice housewarming gift. :hook

Judy ~ It sounds like the afghan was a success! :) How is Miss Lucy doing?

Linda ~ What fun to go to the quilt show with a friend! My sister and I used to meet in Dallas for one and in Fort Worth for another, but it's been years since we did that. Gee, where does the time go? :lol

Cindy ~ OH NO! I can't believe they wouldn't stay a bit late to finish your cleaning! They should give you a discount, at the very least. :yes I love my dentist and his staff - but sure hate to go. :blush Congratulations on finishing a WIP!

Off to change laundry. DH will be home tomorrow, so there will be lots more then. He's lucked out on weather in Wisconsin so far!

Archived