JulieKay

Our House Part Two

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ GOOD MORNING HOUSE¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

how is everyone doing?

Gosh I miss you guys! I have been so busy getting ready for the craft fair this weekend! I'm super excited about it! You ladies are such a blessing to me! Thank you for all your help with the fundraiser and fair! Linda...... no surprise... but your quilt was the first thing auctioned and highest price! You do great work my friend! Thank you!! All the items that was sent that didnt go in the Fundraiser will go on my craft table in hopes to sell and bring in more $$$ for hubby!!! I'm working on my pricing sheet today!

I have to be honest... I have not been good at all at keeping up with whats going on with you all! I am so sorry!

Its a beautiful Fall day here today... sun is shinning... there is a cool crispness in the air.... birds are peeping... deer and other animals are rustling in the woods ........ Today is a good day for soup! Just might have to make a pot of homemade soup this afternoon! hmmm... yeah.... that sounds like a good idea! Poor Patrick is getting wisdom teeth in ... so a nice soft dinner would be nice for him! :)

It was Homecoming this last weekend........ Patrick looked fantastic in his tux once again this year!

[ATTACH]45603[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45604[/ATTACH]

He had so much fun at the dance!

In November my sweet Michael gets to have his first school dance! :D

7th & 8th grade Winter Dance.... LOL... He is gonna be so cute!

Now my little David has been busy crafting and creating! I helped him work on a Science project where he had to create a 'cell' hehehehee... we made his from a pizza... so when he was done giving his demonstration.. the class got to eat it!

He has two pet praying mantis now! OMy!

Well.... back to work here. I need to keep getting this ready for the Fair! You all have a Wonderful Wednesday!

love you guys

:heart

:mug

Patrick loves very COOL!!!! And what a pretty young lady he's with. David's science project sounds like a lot of fun. Your boys are growing up so fast. You're doing a great job with them. :hug And good luck with the craft fair. I'm so glad that the quilt was a success. :yay

Kim and I are having a quiet day here. I've got the heating pad on my back. The whole right side of my chest hurts. Not sure what's going on, so taking it easy seems the best course of action for now.

I talked to my dad's doctor today, and things are looking pretty bad for him. They cannot clear his pneumonia and are pretty much out of treatment options. The time is coming when we will need to make some tough decisions. Prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated.

On the other hand, my mom had an MRI a few weeks ago, which shows quite a bit of improvement, so we also have some good news to go with the bad.

:hug:hug Cindy. I am so sorry to hear about your father's health. Are you traveling to see both of your parents this weekend? Will you and your brother be able to talk with your father together, or is it better for one of you to stay with your mom? My heart goes out to you.

It IS good to read that your mother is showing improvement. Thanks for letting us know. If there is anything we can do for you...don't hesitate to ask, okay? :hug

Oh Linda ~ I hope you are okay. Is the heating pad helping? Did you do unusual lifting or moving around, yesterday? Be careful and have it checked-out, if you are not noticing improvement, soon, please :hug

Tam ~ Such good news coming out of your part of the House this morning :clap Cute pictures of Patrick! Ooo, I am not ready for Jr. High dances, yet. Thankfully, I have two more years, before I face that one :2eek So glad you were happy with the results of your fundraising! Keep up the good work and I hope you have a successful craft show this weekend.

Hi all,

I'm home in NJ- rainy NJ!! But on the bright side it was cloudy and starting to rain in VA when we left too--it's supposed to be kind of yucky weather the rest of the week--but that's OK--just gives me more crochet time!!

I finished another scarf, pair of fingerless mitts and 6 coffee cup cozy's on the way home today.

Linda Hope the heating pad helps and that if there is no improvement, you get it checked out.

Cindy- How exciting to have a LYS opening up !!! Sounds like fun (that and the Zoo and lunch out) Hope it was nice day for you!

Tammy- Love the pic of Patrick and his GF!!! I'm so happy that the fundraiser was a success--good luck with the craft fair this weekend!

Dusti- How'd the garden hold out in the wind?

I want to unpack, but first I had to check in here!! (because it's way more fun)

Tam ~ Awww, Patrick looks so handsome in his Tux...and his girlfriend is very cute! Lots of good wishes for a successful craft fair! :cheer:manyheart

Linda ~ I hope you're feeling better this evening. :hug Are you able to do any handwork?

Joanne ~ I'm glad you all made it home safely. :) Rainy days and crochet sound wonderful. Enjoy the remainder of your vacation!

Hi Dusti and the rest of the House, too! :)

I've done about 30 inches on the new scarf this evening. :hook

Hi Ladies,

The hair dresser was able to give me a good cut. The carpet got laid yesterday. There was a couple of things I wasn't happy about. We talked to he guys about one of them. The carpet has a flaw in it. It's a berber and it has some loose stitching in one spot. I told them to make note of it. The other was they pieced a corner about the size of 3ft x 3ft on the pad. Lowe's called today and I told them about both things. They recorded it and if we have any problems within a year they will take care of it. The carpet has more warranty then though. We are rearrangeing both rooms and it is a lot of work. We have 2 sofa sleepers and they are heavy, but they are where we want them. We are going to buy faux wood blinds for the front windows. I just have lace valances on my windows in the living area. But the sun shines in quite brightly so they will help for the few hours we need them. We still have lots to do but that will wait until the weekend or next week.

Hubby has a doctors appt tomorrow with the kidney doctor. Friday we have a football game it's there homecoming. So we are going to stay down there tomorrow night. Saturday is Maya's sisters birthday party, so we get to see DD and Maya this weekend. Can't wait!

Linda, Sounds like you had a good weekend. Hope you and John are feeling better. Did the heating pad help you? A gf and I use to highlight each others hair. Remember those caps and you had to pull so many hairs through? Such a headache but worth it.

Mary, Gorgeous scarves! Thanks for the link on the up-down stitch. I had never seen it before. When are lab Roxy (we use to have) was a pup she and Payton use to race to the recliner to see who could get there first. It was so cute. Are lab Heidi when Zac and Karli where toddlers she use to play in the lake with them and they could hold on her tail and she would pull them around. She just loved the kids and the water. We still miss her.

Dusti, Thanks for the offer for a scarf. It reminded me that I made and still have a hooded scarf. I'll have to get it out. Hope the garden faired okay in the weather you had the other day.

Trish, Poor DD! Hope that baby comes soon! The baby blanket is gorgeous! Lovely colors! I hope you warm summer days will make it this far.

Wrennie, That's a lot of wood, but you will be warm. Hope you've recruited some help from those guy friends.

Cindy, Sorry you got news like that on your Dad. Glad there is good news on your Mom. You all are in my prayers. Such a nice day to go to the zoo and lunch with the DD'S and GS. I seen that article in the paper sunday and noticed the lady was crocheting. Did you make it to the yarn shop? Where is the JoAnn's going in at? It's been a long time since I've shopped in your area.

Joanne, It's always fun checking out new craft stores. Glad you had some nice weather while vacationing. Congrats on all your finishes!

Tam, Patrick and his date make a cute couple. Good luck at the craft fair.

Marisa, Did they tell you how long before you would hear on your loan? It seems like it has been a long time. I would contact someone else at the bank. Something may of came up and your lady may be gone and her work needs someone elses attention.

Have a nice night everyone and a nice thursday!

We ended up not going to the zoo, because it looked like rain, and was drizzly when we were ready to go. Of course it turned into a gorgeous day. We ended up taking the boys to the mall to play in the play area, and then out for ice cream I didn't end up getting to the new yarn store either.

Dusti, I have to work this weekend, but my two brothers will go talk to my dad together.

Marlene, according to the sign, the Joann's is going in on the west side of Grand Rapids, on Alpine, where Best Buy used to be. I assume the one further down Alpine will close.

Glad you got a good haircut!

Tam, Patrick is such a handsome young man!

Linda, hope you feel better tomorrow.

Joanne, glad you made it safely home. Do you have the rest of the week off, or will you be going back to work?

Marlene-glad to hear you got a good haircut. Good luck to dh tomorrow

Cindy -I'm off work the rest of the week!!!!!

Good morning House!!!!

Missing seeing some of our former housemates posting- but know that I think of you ALL!!!!

Off to get a cup of coffee and enjoy the fact that I don't have to get ready for Paradise today!!! I do love time off from work!!!

Good morning, another day off. At the moment its cold and gloomy out. No big plans for today, except maybe some of the chores I skipped yesterday to hang out with my DD's and my grandsons.

At the very least I will do a load of laundry. I ought to grocery shop, but probably won't.

Joanne, enjoy the rest of the week off. Is Dh off too?

Good morning everyone. It's still gray outside, but it acts like the sun will break through later. There is a lot of moisture in the air though. Kim has a dentist appointment this afternoon and we may go to supper out afterwards. We'll see how things go. Trouble is at the Vet's today, so the house will be a lot quieter than normal.

My side is doing better so far today. And I worked on the body of an Uglee Doll yesterday, just about have that part crocheted. Then it will be adding all the many pieces to it. :P

Hi everyone. :)

Marlene ~ Thank goodness the haircut was a good one! How exciting that DD and Maya are coming. :yay I hope your DH's appointment goes well. :hug

Joanne ~ Enjoy the rest of your vacation! Are you planning on lots of crochet time?

Hi Cindy ~ Oh, it sounds like a good day to stay in and play. :lol It can start getting cold there about now, can't it? I remember having snow in late September a few times when we lived in Iowa. Your day with the grandsons sounds like fun...are any of them in school now?

DH will be home this evening, so I need to plan dinner. Two evenings with some crochet time and no cooking has been great. :yes

Have a good morning, ladies. :manyheart

Hi Linda! I'm so glad your side is feeling better. Looking forward to seeing another Uglee doll!

Good morning! Nothing new or exciting going on in my corner of the world. Thanks for the compliments on the baby blanket! The picture makes the colors look darker, they are all pastels. Everyone says it reminds them of Easter except ds13 who says it looks like cotton candy.:lol I made a hat to match it, just hope it fits.

Supposed to be another hot one today, so I probably won't be doing too much outside. Have to pick out some yarn for the next baby ghan and get a start on it!:lol

Marlene-:hug Glad the haircut turned out well! Good luck with DH's appt!

Cindy-I'm so sorry to hear about your dad:hug but I'm happy that the results for your mom came back positive. We have a new LYS that opened up a few months ago. It has some really nice yarn and the prices aren't through the roof. She actually carries some of the more common yarns as well.

Joanne-:clapfor having the rest of the week off! I am so not looking forward to going back to work next month! I am spoiled now!:lol

Tam-love the pics! He is a very handsome young man:yes Hope the craft fair goes well for you!

Linda-It's good to hear that your side is feeling better:hug

Mary-those mini-vacations away from cooking are my favorite! Glad DH will be back home with you!

Hi Dusti, Marisa, Wrennie and everyone else!

Edited by BaseballMom18

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Highty Ho Friends¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

just wanted to pop in and say :hi

I'm super busy today getting stuff ready for the Craft Fair on Saturday. :eek Omy.... I'm nervous!

I'm nervous about the prices... I'm nervous about stuff selling... I'm nervous that I'm nervous... LOL

Since my mom is coming and going to sell her sewn totes.... I made up a sign for the table... T&K Crafts :D I'm printing business cards now!

Thanks for all the compliments about Patrick! He gets to dress up this weekend for work. There is a wedding going on and he is to park cars and later tend to tables. So he gets to put on his black & whites.... slacks... shirt and tie! He loves dressing up!

Thanks for all the well wishes for the Fair!!! :hug

Okay... back to work!

love you guys!

catch up later

:heart

:mug

man I need more coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hi everyone! I sure have missed you all sooooooo much!!! I'm not even going to try to catch up on all the posts, just know you all have my love, hugs, prayers and anything else you may need.

Life and work have been a bear and add in connection problems and trying hard not to go over 5GB a month so I don't get charged $10 per gig extra, well, that's just no fun at all!!! :(

Will be checking in on Sundays or Saturdays from now on. I just can't go without my Ville time :-)

Toni! We've missed you, too. :manyheart I hope you're feeling okay! How is the new great grandson doing? :c9

Trish ~ Do you have favorite hat patterns? I don't know why I haven't made any before, but maybe it's time. :lol

Tam ~ That's great that your Mom will be at the fair with you! DD worked as a hostess at an Outback Steakhouse while in high school and loved it! I think it's wonderful experience for them. :yes

I decided to make shrimp and corn chowder for supper. Of course it meant another trip to the grocery store. :lol

Hi all,

Good to hear from you Toni!!!!!

Trish- I take it we still have no baby?? How's your DD doing?

Linda- Hope all went well with Kim at the dentist and that you get to go out to dinner.

Mary- yes, doing some more crochet---but today- I went to Joann's and to ACMoore- just to browse around- My Joanns still doesn't have the Waverly yarn!!!

Cindy- Yes, DH is off too- but he did go to meet a friend today so it was a great chance for me to do my own thing!!

I went to DD's this afternoon and then she and Ryan came over to my house for Ryan to get a change in scenery!!! We took a nice long walk this afternoon (which was good for all of us!)/ It was a wonderful relaxing, fun afternoon. I could really get used to this!!!!!

Sooooo tired, tonight. I volunteered at school until 12:45 this afternoon (from 8), and I had to leave then, because my tummy was making some embarrassing grumbly noises :blush Not expecting to be gone from home that long, I had only grabbed a quick snack with the girls in the morning, and I did not even have a granola bar in my purse, when I decided that I should eat a little "something." It did not matter, as I will be back on Tuesday, but I think there was enough work for me to do, if I had been able to stay the entire day -- I hate leaving, if I can still help, you know? Ah well, I needed to eat, too :lol Kyri is taking standardized tests all week, and tomorrow is the math section. She wanted me to quiz her all evening on potential topics, so we covered fractions, decimals, finding the area of different geometric shapes, making change from $25 for fictitional purchases at a yard sale, converting measurements into feet and inches from entirely inches, etc. It went well, and she is more than ready :yes

I hate to cut this short, but I am ready to call it a night. Just checking in to say, "Hi :waving" I hope to do a better job of catching up with all of you, tomorrow. Have a good Friday morning!!

Good morning House!! Happy First Day of FALL!!!!!!

It sure doesn't feel like fall outside here today, though- cloudy, humid, with rain on the way- oh, well, a good day to stay inside and read and crochet!!!

Dusti- Ahh, the grumbling tummy!!! Yesterday when Ryan was here, I wasn't sure if my tummy was growling or if Ryan's was making noises. Someimes, when I'm busy, I forget about eating until my tummy makes the sounds that it is hungry!!

Good luck to Kyri today- I'm sure she is more than ready with all the prep you did with her!!!!

Off to make some breakfast----before my tummy starts making some sounds!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everyone. It rained last night. Not sure how much the total was but everything outside is good and wet. John just left for work and will leave from there to go to the hunting cabin. He just spent the last 30 minutes getting the trailer attached to the car as he's got a bunch of things at the cabin that he's going to start moving back here in preparation for the move to Texas sometime next year. And he's hoping to get a couple of doe this weekend, too. He's got quite a list of people who are hoping he has a very successful season so they can enjoy some of the fruits of his hunting. He shoots them and they pay the processing and get the meat for their freezers. At the rate he's going he better have a really good season of hunting. :lol

I've got the body of one Uglee Doll crochected and one side sewn together and about half of another body crocheted. I'm going to try making several in stages at the same time. Make all the bodies, then make all the faces, then make all the arms and legs. We'll see how that goes. I need a bunch of tea to help me wake up before I tackle that though. :morcoffee

Sooooo tired, tonight. I volunteered at school until 12:45 this afternoon (from 8), and I had to leave then, because my tummy was making some embarrassing grumbly noises :blush Not expecting to be gone from home that long, I had only grabbed a quick snack with the girls in the morning, and I did not even have a granola bar in my purse, when I decided that I should eat a little "something." It did not matter, as I will be back on Tuesday, but I think there was enough work for me to do, if I had been able to stay the entire day -- I hate leaving, if I can still help, you know? Ah well, I needed to eat, too :lol Kyri is taking standardized tests all week, and tomorrow is the math section. She wanted me to quiz her all evening on potential topics, so we covered fractions, decimals, finding the area of different geometric shapes, making change from $25 for fictitional purchases at a yard sale, converting measurements into feet and inches from entirely inches, etc. It went well, and she is more than ready :yes

I hate to cut this short, but I am ready to call it a night. Just checking in to say, "Hi :waving" I hope to do a better job of catching up with all of you, tomorrow. Have a good Friday morning!!

You're such a good mommy!

Good morning House!! Happy First Day of FALL!!!!!!

It sure doesn't feel like fall outside here today, though- cloudy, humid, with rain on the way- oh, well, a good day to stay inside and read and crochet!!!

Off to make some breakfast----before my tummy starts making some sounds!!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Have another nice day off, Joanne.

It was great to hear from you yesterday, Toni.

Catch you all later. :manyheart

Hi everyone! This will be quick - I need to leave by 9 and still need to take a shower. :eek

Joanne ~ What a wonderful time with DD and Ryan! I've got Luke's wagon in the back of my truck. We're going for a long walk/ride while I babysit today!

Dusti ~ No wonder you were tired last night! Good luck to Kyri on her tests today...I know she'll do great. :yes

Linda ~ I guess we need to start cheering for John instead of the deer. :lol Do you and Kim have any plans for weekend? Great progress on your charity dolls. :cheer

Have a great morning! I should be home by 2 or so. :)

Good morning and Happy Saturday!!! Boy the house was very, very quiet yesterday!!! Hope everyone is doing well!

It rained most of the day yesterday, but I did get over to DD's to get my Ryan fix for a little while. I also went shopping (browsing) for a little bit, but did get a sweater for myself and DD (Old Navy had buy one get the 2nd item 75% off).

I decided to pull out a WIP and work on that for a while. I had to frog back about 10 rows since apparently I hadn't been paying attention and the rows were getting longer and longer!!! It's a simple shrug from Lion Brand http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90689AD.html?noImages=

Heading out to friend's 50th Birthday Party this afternoon...hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Good morning. I'm still dragging from yesterday. Work was fine, but after work we went out and didn't make it home until midnight. I then tried to finish my book (fell asleep over it). I got up at 8:15 because I have to work tomorrow and I want to be able to sleep tonight. If it doesn't rain this evening, we are going to visit friends for a bonfire.

Since DD will be sleeping all day, I won't be able to do much housework, (what a good excuse!), so I will likely do some laundry and either read or craft.