JulieKay

Our House Part Two

Marisa, no need to worry. All of us in Central Jersey can climb on Judy's ark. It is roomy and very sturdy.

Hello everyone. Quick check in from me. Work went well today, although it was very busy.

Kiyo, sounds like moving into your dad's house will be good for you.

Linda, hope that Kim's mom's visit passes without any drama.

Marisa, waiting until next week to move will give you more time to pack.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Good luck with the writing. Catch us when you have a chance.

Linda, Cute Uglee Dolls and gorgeous quilt. My sons rotweiller buries his ball from the other dogs. He's 7 yrs old. Glad things a little better for Rosie. Hope the cortisone shot helps her. Hope things go smoothly at your house this weekend.

Mary, Maya likes making and having a tent. Then she lays on the floor inside it and watches tv. I haven't done any crocheting in awhile.

Tab, Glad DH got some relief for his back.

Cindy, Happy Birthday to your DD!

Tam, Happy Birthday to your DS!

Kiyo, Sounds like a good plan on you and Aree moving out to your Dad's. I bet a neighbor will look out for you this winter. Especially if one looked out for our Dad. My sister lives out in the country and she has a couple of people who check on her. One says just get him some beer and he's happy. Good news on Aree wanting to play softball.

Marisa, Good idea to wait on the moving if you can. We move DD every time she moves and moving in a uhaul is the way to go.

You girls on the east coast please be careful! I have an Aunt in NC, she has a daughter in SC and one in Maryland. I got a message from her on facebook tonight and was surprised she was on it. I looked on the map and if I was her I would of already left. She's near a bay (maybe it's not as close as it looks). Her husband is a fireman so maybe he thinks he needs to stay and help. We drove through Galveston and see how far inland the damage was. It was awful! The sand was pushed in for many blocks. I took pictures but someone stole my camera so I lost them.

Not much to report here. Hubby and I went out to dinner yesterday. There is a restaurant a few miles away and they have new owners so we tried it. We had burritos. They weren't bad, but the sauce gave me some indegestion later on. Very friendly people. They own a little restaurant in the next town over.

Night ladies. Have a happy friday!

Good friday morning!

Everyone in Irenes path be careful! Turn up the cold on your fridge today, helps keep it cooler longer in case of an outage. Get jugs of water, or fill the tub n sinks when it starts. Be sure theres lots of chocolate in the pantry. Ooops, I meant canned goods, yeah thats it. And be sure your scripts are all very full.

Went to my friends stepdads wake last night. I've really had enough of death this year. Usually you hear 1 name now & then you know. Seems I know everyone whose dying this year.

Steve, Critter, my Marton, Ellen, Henry, Dotty, JoAnn. I didn't know Gordy but I do know 1 of his stepsons. Gordy was a great grandpa and the last of his Indian tribe. From reading messages on his obit page I wish I had known him. The man had a boatload of military medals. God bless.

Marisa, no need to worry. All of us in Central Jersey can climb on Judy's ark. It is roomy and very sturdy.

:lol Can I come, too? ;)

Wrennie ~ :hug for losing so many friends this year. :hug I can't imagine having all that happen in just a few months.

All of you near the East coast - keeping fingers crossed that the storms aren't too bad. Stay safe. :ghug

Hi Marlene!

Off to run errands before it gets any hotter...have a good morning! :manyheart

Oh Wrennie :hug :hug :hug Oh and BTW, my pantry has some chocolate :wink I stopped for a loaf of bread this morning just in case....that way I can have peanut butter sandwiches if need be. Since I'm moving, I'm not going to load up, but PB is rib sticking and I have a couple jars already and haven't packed them yet :lol I also have some snacks.

Cindy - Glad to hear work went well yesterday :yes:yay

Marlene - uhaul was half the price of penske :eek I reserved the truck today for tuesday and it did go up a little bit from wed, but still not bad and actually includes an extra day now so we won't have to pay an extra day :clap

Well ladies....my dad seems to think I should stay at Mary's tomorrow night and move my electronics to the 2nd floor before I leave just in case :think So, I'll probably be unhooking my computer tomorrow late morning, early afternoon to take upstairs along with my TV....those are the big things anyways. The problem is that I live right by a river and the marina is less than a half block from me :eek So we just don't know what to expect. We'll see though, I'll keep the news on throughout the day to see if this thing turns for the better at all :xfin

Days are just zipping past here, and I did not realize that I did not peek in here, yesterday, until I saw how many conversations I had missed out on this morning. HUGE hugs to all of you :ghug. I am worried about you NJ gals. The reports I am hearing concern me. Linda, are you far enough inland to avoid the winds and rain? Wrennie, how are you situated in the current forecast? Be careful. I did like your suggestion to stock-up on chocolate, though :yes Chocolate and yarn, yep, I'd be good to wait out a storm with those two necessities :devil Seriously, though, I am keeping you in my prayers all weekend.

My wacky sweater just needs a button at the neck, and then it will be ready for a photo. I really like the yarn, and the fit of the shoulders and sleeves is the best I have ever made, but the rest of it...:sigh As a distraction, I made two more Swiffer covers for my Gramma :lol They are really quick and are helping to use up some random balls of bits 'n' pieces from the storage bins :yarn.

Did any of you watch Master Chef this season? I have watched both seasons, but my girls got into it with me this summer. They are hilarious playing "Master Chef" together in the kitchen. I was carrying laundry through the kitchen when they thought they wanted to have lunch, so they asked if they could start making it on their own. My comment? "Knock yourselves out. :yes" As I walked down the hall, I heard:

K: "We have 15 minutes on the clock to make and plate our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Ready?"

A: "With that much time, it had better be the best pb&j of our careers, right?"

I was :rofl, just listening to them. They were soooo cute, hustling around the kitchen, wiping off the edges of their plates, sprinkling sunflower seeds around their sandwiches, arranging carrot sticks, etc. It was great!! I wonder if I cannot share dinner-prep duties with them :scrachin If I word it just right, this could work to my advantage, I feel it :rofl

Trish ~ sounds as though the baby shower was real fun and relaxed. My Annika's best friend has a gluten intolerance, so I have been trying to pick up a couple of recipes here-and-there to make when the little gal is with us. I know I have a meatball dinner, chocolate-mint cookies and banana bread recipes, if you are ever interested. Just let me know. Hope your daughter slowly starts to feel better without the gluten in her system :hug

Judy ~ By all means, I wish you well with your writing. We'll miss you around here, but I hope you will pop in from time-to-time as your writing progresses. We'd miss you, if you disappeared altogether :yes . Best of luck to you with your latest endeavor :compute

Linda ~ Your Uglee Dolls are really mis-named :wink, and the Irish Chain quilt you are making for Tam's benefit is lovely. Glad we got to see the results of your Charity Week work. I hope your weekend goes as smoothly as possible. I'll be thinking of you.

Mary ~ Ooooh, sheet tents are so great. Pillow nests are also fun :yes. For some reason, they were never as much fun in that arrangement for my girls as when they decided the pillows made great lilly pads for jumping across the livingroom floor. Do you or your DD get the "Family Fun" magazine? I used to get a bunch of fun-activity ideas from it for the girls from about Luke's age until they reached 6-years. Glad you had some play time with your handsome little guy :manyheart You had asked about my strawberry dressing from our salads the other night -- it was a Citrus Dressing without any vinegar whatsoever.

1/2 C fresh strawberries, hulled

1/3 C orange juice

2Tbl canola oil

1Tbl lemon juice

2 tsp grated lemon peel

1 tsp sugar

1/2 tsp chili powder

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover & process until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5-6 minutes or 'til slightly thickened. Cool slightly. Drizzle over salad greens and additional fresh berries. Yummy :yes

Marisa ~ I truly feel for you. Packing can be so overwhelming. The few times I have had to seriously move, it was always easier to make progress with my mum's help. She just seemed to calm and organized, and I was always amazed at how much we could accomplish together. Thinking of you :hugIt really does sound like a smart move to hold-off on the U-haul until Tuesday. The wind and rain bearing down on you could have damaged so much of your possessions. Have you decided to lock your door and just head inland to your folks'? Take care!

Tabby ~ I am very sorry to read of Doa's back pain. :hug to you both! I hope the nerve medicine continues to work on relieving his pain. Only a couple more weeks until your ultrasound appointment. How exciting! Are you willing to hazard a guess?? Any feelings one way or another?? I love the anticipation.

Joanne ~ How quickly Ryan's 1st month passed. Can you share a new picture? I just love little babies :c9 I really do not follow baseball, but even I heard about the Yankee's 3 grand slams last night. Wow! Hope you got to watch the game while you crocheted.

Cindy ~ Happy belated birthday to your DD. She must have had such fun opening the presents. You were very sweet to shop for and wrap gifts to please her.

Tam ~ Happy belated birthday to your youngest, too. What kind of cake did he request? Or, do you not take requests and just make whatever strikes your fancy? I like to bake, but I do not enjoy frosting or decorating cakes one little bit. When the girls chose cookie cakes the past couple of years, I was ecstatic.

Kiyo ~ Your decision to move into your dad's house sounds like such a great idea. I am glad it is going to work out for you and Aree. Is it close enough to your current residence, that Aree will still have busing within the same school district? You weather sounds right up my alley :hot I have two words for your acreage -- lawn tractor :lol You could buy one that has a front loader for snow removal and a mowing deck for the summer grass. It works at our house :wink All the best in your move! Glad Aree is enjoying her time playing softball.

Well, I'm finding myself putzing around this morning and having trouble keeping myself focused :( I keep finding things that 'need' to be done to avoid packing :shrugThat's how I used to get as the college semesters wound-down and I was faced with sitting down and writing my research papers. They all got done, but I was always able to find 101 things to do to avoid starting my papers.
:cheer:cheer You can do it :cheer:cheer Which room are you tackling today?

Marlene ~ Happy Friday to you, too :flower How did Maya's start of school go? What color was her backpack? She will be fine, and I can just imagine her bubbling to tell you about her teacher and classroom. I hope your relatives stay safe in the weekend's storms.

Phyllis ~ Did you pack up your yarn skeins, two by two, along with your hooks and needles to take on Judy's ark? Stay safe :hug

Good friday morning!

Everyone in Irenes path be careful! Turn up the cold on your fridge today, helps keep it cooler longer in case of an outage. Get jugs of water, or fill the tub n sinks when it starts. We did this when we evacuated for the tsunamis in Hawaii. Be sure theres lots of chocolate in the pantry. Ooops, I meant canned goods, yeah thats it. And be sure your scripts are all very full. Very good points made!

Went to my friends stepdads wake last night. I've really had enough of death this year. Usually you hear 1 name now & then you know. Seems I know everyone whose dying this year.

Steve, Critter, my Marton, Ellen, Henry, Dotty, JoAnn. I didn't know Gordy but I do know 1 of his stepsons. Gordy was a great grandpa and the last of his Indian tribe. From reading messages on his obit page I wish I had known him. The man had a boatload of military medals. God bless.

So sorry to hear about another loss in your life. :hug:hug You've had quite enough, it sounds like. Hang in there :hug

Well, I have to run. DH just called to say that he is going to help a co-worker haul hay after work, and that I was invited along to visit with the guys new wife while the guys work. I offered to make a dessert, to I am off to whip up a Lemon Cream Refrigerator Dessert. Catch you all later :manyheart

Good morning Dusti,

Nope, I think I'm staying right here :yes Well, we'll see what tomorrow's news brings anyway :lol As of right now though, I'm not going anywhere. Today I'm working upstairs so far in the bedrooms. I got a bulk of the spare room done earlier this week so that needs finishing and I'm working in my bedroom now going through clothes that I want at my sisters to wear in the near future and what can be stored :think I really don't need to take it all with me and I'm trying not to clutter up my sister's place :xfin AND I'm not giving up any yarn, so I have to sacrafice something!!!! :eek:rofl

I figured I'd give a quick check in while I came downstairs. I went out to get my battery pack out of my car to make sure it's charged up in case I lose my power I'll still be able to charge my phone and anything else I have a car charger for :yes They're predicting alot of power outages from the wind for unknown lengths of time. :xfin that it's not too long, but luckily for me I'll only end up with throwing a couple things away from the fridge/freezer if that happens since I've been clearing it out already :yes

Alright, back upstairs I'm marching.......

:sun ..........::Good Morning House::..........

Hope all is food with eveyone! I'm busy getting some more crocheting done!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes for my son! He loved his cake and loved his gifts! I think it was a good birthday! :)

Mary.............. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I recieved your box today! The blanket is outstanding and the cotton yarn is beautiful!!! God Bless you my friend!

post-18634-135897691915_thumb.jpg

hey there miss Joanne! Stay safe sweetie!

:hi HI Cindy!

Sorry to hear about the indigestion Marlene... but I'm glad you and hubby had a nice time out!

Oh Wrennie........:hug

ooooooooooh... peanutbutter and chocolate ... :D good idea Marisa... LOL be careful hon!

I can not wait to see this sweater Dusti! Thank you again for your help with my fundraiser! I totally need to make some swiffer covers!!! This is gonna sound weird... but my sons request for his birthday cake was ..........

Chocolate diet cherry pepsi cake

Frosted with vanilla icing

decorated with some of the vanilla icing mixed with strawberry syrup to make it pink and strawberry flavor. He loves those flavors. I told him it was a neapolitan cake :D

So...................... that is exactly what I did.

post-18634-135897691908_thumb.jpg

well.... off for more coffee and change out laundry.

Please stay safe ladies! I'll be praying for you all in the path of the storm! :hug

:heart

:mug

Hi Tam! You are very welcome! :manyheart The birthday cake sounds so good! Years ago, I had a cake recipe with Coke in it...can't remember much about it, but maybe it was similar. :think

Dusti ~ Love the story about your very own master chefs. :lol And thank you for the dressing recipe! It sounds delicious and I can't wait to make it!

Marisa ~ You sound really organized! Great idea about gathering chargers, etc. Do you have flashlights and plenty of bottled water? We have so much severe weather here in the Spring, I keep things like that in the closet under the stairs - our "go to" safe place. Keep us posted on your plans! :manyheart

Hi Tam! You are very welcome! :manyheart The birthday cake sounds so good! Years ago, I had a cake recipe with Coke in it...can't remember much about it, but maybe it was similar. :think

Just in case you would like to give it a try! :D

This is a simple... yet VERY yummy cake recipe! Its so moist you don't even need to frost it if you don't want. You can use any diet soda.... and if you want to have fun... use a white cake mix. Diet Orange soda and a white cake.... yum. :)

This is a great recipe for those that are dieting and those that have a dairy allergy. No eggs... no milk.

Ingredients...........

1 box cake mix (your choice of chocolate or white)

1 can of diet soda (your choice of flavor) 12oz

In mixing bowl... mix cake mix and soda.

Grease and flour 9x13 cake pan.

Pour cake batter in pan... you will need to spread it out as it is thick.

Bake at 350* for 30-35 min.

Let cool and enjoy!

Topping ideas...........

~regular icing

~powdered sugar glaze using same flavor diet soda and powdered sugar

~sprinkle with simple powdered sugar

~dollop with cool whip or whip topping of your choice.

:heart

:mug

Hmmmm, now I have the sudden urge for a piece of cake :think:lol

Mary - Beautiful rr you sent Tam :manyheart My flashlight is charging so once it's dead, it's dead :( and just a couple candles. As for the water, I've just filled a couple bottles and travel coffee mugs I had here from the britta so nothing crazy. I would only need to make it through a day or 2 assuming my car doesn't end up under water :think It's supposed to be bad here overnight tomorrow night so I'm hoping I can sleep through it and see the damage in the morning :shrug

Hi Ladies,

Dusti, Love the cute story about your little cooks. Kids are awesome!

Mary, Awesome rr!

Tam, I've never had a cake like that so I jotted down the post number to come and get it later. It sounds yummy!

Wrennie, :hug The older we get the more it seems we have to deal with people dying. Usually when I know someone who dies it goes in threes.

Marisa, I would get more water. Good idea about moving things upstairs.

We are having an early dinner and then getting ready to go to grandsons football game. He's a senior this year. It's going to be a nice night for a game and better if the mosquitos don't eat us alive.

We will be staying over night at my sister's as my niece is having a house warming party tomorrow. So we'll be home late tomorrow night.

I'll be checking on the storm though. Everyone becareful out there!

Marisa, Joanne, Judy, Phyllis, Cheeria you guys should all share phone numbers tonight then you can let each other know your safe and if only one of you have access to internet the rest of us will know how you faired in the storm. :hug

Did you guys get your swiffer pattern from the link on here? I just went to it (the white one) and the link to the pattern will not open the blog. Anyone else have this problem or am I on the wrong one? Was hoping I could make one or two while I was gone.

Good afternoon everyone. Another good day at work, and now I'm off until next week Friday. I didn't realize until yesterday that I took a couple of vacation days next week. Ordinarily I'd go see my mom, but my mom's sister is going to be with her for a few days, so I will be able to stay at home and get some stuff done around here.

Oops dh is calling, BBL.

Hmmmm, now I have the sudden urge for a piece of cake :think:lol

Me too! :D

Tam ~ Thanks for the recipe...only two ingredients is incredible!

Marlene ~ Have fun at the football game tonight and the party tomorrow!

Cindy ~ Yay for a whole week off. :yes I hope your mom and dad are both doing okay. :manyheart

Thank you for the compliments on the RR. It's about time to make another one.:hook

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, I would get more water. Good idea about moving things upstairs.

We are having an early dinner and then getting ready to go to grandsons football game. He's a senior this year. It's going to be a nice night for a game and better if the mosquitos don't eat us alive.

We will be staying over night at my sister's as my niece is having a house warming party tomorrow. So we'll be home late tomorrow night.

I'll be checking on the storm though. Everyone becareful out there!

Marisa, Joanne, Judy, Phyllis, Cheeria you guys should all share phone numbers tonight then you can let each other know your safe and if only one of you have access to internet the rest of us will know how you faired in the storm. :hug

I think I'm good since it's just me and that I always have somewhere else to go, so I'm not 'stuck' here :think But, I do have Joanne and Cheeria's phone numbers, so can definitely text them if I lose power, but I think I'm a bit on the outskirts as compared to them :yes

Good afternoon everyone. Another good day at work, and now I'm off until next week Friday. I didn't realize until yesterday that I took a couple of vacation days next week. Ordinarily I'd go see my mom, but my mom's sister is going to be with her for a few days, so I will be able to stay at home and get some stuff done around here.

Oops dh is calling, BBL.

Great news Cindy, please try to get some R&R for yourself :hug

Alright, getting myself something to eat and then back to work. I do feel like I got quite a bit done though and am pretty much at the point upstairs that what's left can't get done until the end :D

Hi all,

It's been a long day- I was at the grocery store this morning before work- and got a case of water and some non-perishables then worked a very busy day. Came home, spoke to youngest DD- her DH got stuck at work tonight (which is probably a good thing- means he won't get stuck tomorrow night) He works 2-10- so is stuck overnight- will get home at 6, sleep and then back to work for 2.

She said her bro-in-law is coming tonight to stay at their house for the weekend so she won't be alone. I offered to come over- she said she'll be fine since she won't be alone with Ryan!

We moved a few more things into the shed and will finish up that in the morning. My rod in the closet fell down sometime during the day so off we went to the store to get new brackets. I don't have the energy to move all the clothes out of the closet tonight so that'll wait for the AM.

Getting ready to get some shut eye, because I know me and I'll be up early- and want to do laundry in case we lose power during the storm.

I have Judy, Cheeria and Marisa's phone #

I'll try and post more tomorrow morning when I have a few more brain cells available!!!

Night ladies!

Good morning. I've been up since 5:30. I slept well, just woke up early.

I am so excited to have a week off, and have that time to myself! I don;t know eyt what I'm going to do with the time, but I'm sure I will think of something.

I've been watching the news to keep up with the "Irene" situation, and I must say it sounds scary. I sure hope that you ladies on the east coast aren't impacted too badly.

Joanne - I hope you got a good night sleep and good luck with your preparations there. I'm glad to hear that your dd will not be alone :hug

Cindy - thanks and enjoy your time :yes:yay

I guess one of the biggest problems with Irene is that our soil is already saturated so the ground is already not prepared to soak up any of this rain. And the other problem is that this weekend is a new moon so the tide is already starting high :think

Well, I'm up and just had bfast. Have a load of garbage to take out to the dumpster and then to keep moving while I have my coffee. I want to get as much done as I can and will probably head to Mary's later this afternoon :think

I'll check back in before I unhook the computer and take it upstairs to higher elevations :yes

Wrennie ~ :hug for losing so many friends this year. :hug I can't imagine having all that happen in just a few months.

:hug

Oh Wrennie :hug :hug :hug Oh and BTW, my pantry has some chocolate :wink I stopped for a loaf of bread this morning just in case....that way I can have peanut butter sandwiches if need be. Since I'm moving, I'm not going to load up, but PB is rib sticking and I have a couple jars already and haven't packed them yet :lol I also have some snacks.

Glad your priorities are straight. (the chocolate that is)

Wrennie, how are you situated in the current forecast? Be careful. I did like your suggestion to stock-up on chocolate, though :yes Chocolate and yarn, yep, I'd be good to wait out a storm with those two necessities :devil Seriously, though, I am keeping you in my prayers all weekend. smoothly as possible. I'll be thinking of you.

So sorry to hear about another loss in your life. :hug:hug You've had quite enough, it sounds like. Hang in there :hug

It is supposed to hit here around 6pm. It should be a category 1 by then. The streams have not been dredged out from the last flood where 8" of rain put the town under water. We're expecting 12 inches with this storm. I've already been informed that I am going to my friend Kenne's house if the stream gets too close to my house.:P He's such a good friend.

Oh Wrennie........:hug

:sigh:hug It can only get better, right?

Wrennie, :hug The older we get the more it seems we have to deal with people dying. Usually when I know someone who dies it goes in threes.

Yeah, isn't that weird, the 3 thing? The only good is that I've gotten back in touch with a load of online friends I'd lost touch with. I had about 30 facebook friend invites in my email yesterday. Guess I should go join huh?

I guess one of the biggest problems with Irene is that our soil is already saturated so the ground is already not prepared to soak up any of this rain. And the other problem is that this weekend is a new moon so the tide is already starting high :think

Ours is too. They did release some water from the reservoirs the past couple of days to make room for what is coming. I've got almost everything out of the yard & in the house or garage. And lots of yarn. Good thing I have something to keep me sane.

Good morning, everyone. Hoping that all of you on the northeast coast stay safe and dry with Irene's onslaught. :hug :hug :hug

Not sure what will happen here with Lou's visit, but John is at least planning on doing it calmly instead of violently. I'm planning on staying out of it as much as possible. Did more straightening and cleaning yesterday. John just left to spend most of the day at Dave's place (the nearby hunting location). Lou and Sue will get here at some point, probably mid to late afternoon.

Kim and I will do our thing until then. I'm going to work on shortening the pair of drapes in the office that need it. I hemmed a pair of my pants yesterday and then appliqued on two of the butterflies on the butterfly quilt.

Thinking of you all. :manyheart

Hey ladies,

Wrennie - Keep safe up there :hug

Linda - Good luck staying out of this :hug

Well, I'm going to unhook the computer and pack it up. I won't pull it back out since it was about to be packed anyways in another 2 days. I'll still be able to check in with my nook or phone to at least let you know I'm ok :D I have backup charging for my phone if we lose power so that will probably be the route I go. Too bad that car charger doesn't fit my nook too :( I've decided to stick out the storm here at home. I don't think I'll be in any immediate danger and that my only problem could be some first floor flooding. But, will keep you all updated :hug :hug

Everyone keep safe and I'll 'see' y'all later :D

Just trying to get online long enough to let you all know I'm thinking about all of you!

I've lost connection 4 times since logging on :( but wanted to say STAY SAFE everyone in the NE and my prayers are with everyone on the east coast. Been there, done that, hurricanes are not fun!

Love and Hugs!