Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hello ladies.

Thank you all for the support. :manyheart We went to the PA in our Dr.'s office & she thought oh, nerve pain why not try nerve medicine......duh, that's what i've been saying all along. And it's been two days & his pain is lessening. :cheer We still need to figure out why he is in so much pain, but thank god for relief. :yes

Linda~Beautiful quilt. I want to make my first quilt for the baby when I find out what it is, but we'll see I may not have the patience for it. :blush Love the stuffies too, very cute. :clap

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops! Forgot a couple of things...

Tam ~ I mailed a box to you this morning. :)

I also stopped at Joanne's on the way to DD's this a.m. They have a new yarn by Bernat called "Waverly" and the colors are gorgeous. It reminds me of Vanna's and I got enough for a scarf to try it out. It's going on sale Sunday for 2.99...and has more yardage than Vanna's. :yarn

Hi Mary. It seems like you have been baby busy today. :lol Me too, I just got home from babysitting Lily along with 2 other kids my SIL watches.....SO I had to 1 1/2 year olds, a 6 year old with autism & behavior issues & Jaden (who ended up with a fever & sick). :eek Boy am I beat. :P

I'm glad you are having so much fun with Luke. I love spending time with Lily.....just very exhausting. ;)

Hello ladies.

Thank you all for the support. :manyheart We went to the PA in our Dr.'s office & she thought oh, nerve pain why not try nerve medicine......duh, that's what i've been saying all along. And it's been two days & his pain is lessening. :cheer We still need to figure out why he is in so much pain, but thank god for relief. :yes

Linda~Beautiful quilt. I want to make my first quilt for the baby when I find out what it is, but we'll see I may not have the patience for it. :blush Love the stuffies too, very cute. :clap

Oh, that's wonderful news! :hug Hopefully, they'll figure out the cause soon and he'll be totally better soon. :hug Meanwhile, take care of you, too! :manyheart (You know I'm a mama bear and definitely old enough to be your mom...so I can give orders once in a while.:lol)

Good afternoon, everyone! I've been at Luke's house today...we had lots of fun and made a tent out of sheets in their living room.:D

Marisa ~ It's so fun to see you here during the day! How is the packing going?

Hi to Julie, Cindy, Joanne and the rest of the House, too!:manyheart

Thanks :hug I like checking in all day. It's easier to read through a couple messages at a time instead of the whole day at once. And it gives me 'little' breaks :wink the packing is going :sigh I have way too much stuff :eek

Hello ladies.

Great news that at least he's getting some relief :yay Now hopefully they figure out the cause of the problem :xfin:hug

Hi, ladies!

I wanted to check in and let you know something I've finally decided.

I'm putting my crocheting aside. For how long, I'm not sure, but I want to write again and I can't do both....just the fact I still have a half finished article that's already been sitting around for several weeks is testament to that fact!:lol

I won't get lost....but I wanted to let you all know why I'll be MIA so no one thinks anything has happened to me.

Happy hooking...:hug

Good luck with the writing Judy!!! You'll be missed, but thanks for the heads up---you do know us and we would worry about you!!!! Hope we can still get together for meet ups every now and then!!!

Oh, Judy. Best wishes on the writing. And you are right they both take time, sometimes a lot of time. Pop in and let us know how it's going now and then.

I'm posting my results of the the August Charity CAL here too, since the results will be going to Tammy. Two Uglee Dolls and the the top of the little girl's quilt is now all together except for the borders.

[ATTACH]44445[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]44446[/ATTACH]

Love those cute Uglee dolls and the quilt is beautiful!!!

Hello ladies.

I'm so happy that they finally gave something to Doa for some relief. Hope that you can get another opinion to find out WHY he is in so much pain!!! Hope you get to rest a little today- sounds like a very, very busy, tiring day for you!

Good afternoon, everyone! I've been at Luke's house today...we had lots of fun and made a tent out of sheets in their living room.:D

Marisa ~ It's so fun to see you here during the day! How is the packing going?

Linda ~ Oh my! The quilt is gorgeous! You have such a talent for choosing colors/patterns. :cheer And the Uglee dolls are adorable. :yes

Judy ~ Good for you for getting back to writing! Now that Lucy has settled down a bit, it will be easier to concentrate. :) Please check in with progress updates! :manyheart

Tabby ~ Sept. 14 and the ultrasound will be here before you know it! :c9 So very sorry about Doa's back pain...I know you must be so worried. We're here when you need to talk. :ghug

Marlene ~ I'm glad Maya is doing well. What a great idea to have a meet and greet at a park! Have you been crocheting?

Trish ~ The baby shower sounds like so much fun! Was you leave from work extended? 'Hope so! ;)

Dusti ~ Your dinner menu sounds so yummy! :) Do you use a balsamic type dressing with the strawberries? Sorry about the problems with the sweater - sure sounds like it could be the pattern!

Hi to Julie, Cindy, Joanne and the rest of the House, too!:manyheart

I can't wait till I can do things like that with Ryan!!! Today he is one month old!! Was going to stop by DD's after work since SIL returned to work today- but knew that her MIL was off on Wednesdays and was going to spend some time with her and Ryan. I'm going to stop by tomorrow night!!

Thanks :hug I like checking in all day. It's easier to read through a couple messages at a time instead of the whole day at once. And it gives me 'little' breaks :wink the packing is going :sigh I have way too much stuff :eek

Great news that at least he's getting some relief :yay Now hopefully they figure out the cause of the problem :xfin:hug

It is amazing how much "stuff" we accumulate isn't it??? Once you have to start packing it all, it becomes a lot easier to part with things- at least that is what I've found!!! It is so much easier to pop in a few times during the day to catch up then all at once after work that is for sure!!!! Happy Packing!!!!:cheer

Cindy- that's great that you got DD's presents all bought and wrapped. Hope you had a little fun time today- and didn't spend the whole day cleaning:hug

Thanks for the lovely complements on my work, ladies.

Had supper with more of my Miracle Noodles tonight. Tomato sauces sure work well with them. I've now tried each of the three types. My favorites are the noodle ones.

Good morning!!

Marisa- How's the packing, packing, packing going? Is the kitchen all done? Glad you take a few breaks throughout the day!!! When are you planning to drive out to Pitt?

Trish- Thanks- Not looking forward to another rainy Sunday- but if it's just rain with not to hurricane-like winds, I'll take that! We'll see how it tracks over the next few days. First an earthquake (my first and hopefully last) and now a hurricane. Geesh!

Hope you all have a good day today!

Good morning ladies :hi

My relaxation time with my coffee before starting my day of more packing :lol I also have to run over to the uhaul today to ask some questions. I'd like to get the truck on sunday and load up then since I can recruit mary and dr tan to help if it's not a work day :yes But it may be a last minute decision based on the weather with this hurricane coming up the coast :(

Joanne - My dad and I will be driving out to Pitt either Wed evening or Thurs morning :clap:yay If we get to load up the truck on Sun, then I'll be at my parents the rest of the time until we go since we have stuff at their house to load into the truck too :yes

Cindy - Have a good day at work :yes

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll be in and out all day again :D

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Cindy ~ Happy Birthday to your DD! I hope your work day goes by quickly for you. :yes

Joanne ~ Oh, it seems like yesterday that your DD had little Ryan! They grow entirely too fast. :c9 We're both so lucky to live close to our families!

Marisa ~ Aren't you through packing yet? :lol:wink We've moved many times and I know what a pain it is! I hope you have lots of help for loading everything. :)

Linda ~ I finally googled the noodles! Wow - what a great idea for a "pasta fix!" When is Kim's mom coming? Will you have some "me time" while she's there?

We had a few sprinkles this a.m.!!! I heard a little thunder and ran outside to see clouds...we'll take any cloud at this point. :lol I sure hope this hurricane doesn't get too bad for you all in the East. :manyheart

Hi lovely ladies!!! Hope all is well this fine Thursday morning!

We've had the hottest week so far this WHOLE summer----our summers are usually super hot and dry- we've been VERY blessed with a not-so-bad one until this week and it's been in very high 90's and low 100's ---YUUUUCK!!! We will make it though, it's supposed to storm today/tonight I think I heard.

Sooooo.........Update on life in my little family! DAD'S HOUSE-----I visited my Dad at his resting spot, last week (that's where I go to talk, I know he knows I'm there and need him at times) I cried and cried and told him I was coming back home!!! I'm moving out to his house!!! My brother and I have decided that is the best! I have to replace a shower, do some tiling, painting, and get some insulation for under the house. Nothing is not liveable just don't want to move a bunch of stuff in so we have to move to paint. So I'm just packing up boxes and getting them ready. Aree and I very excited!!! Not so sure I'm looking forward to mowing the acre of grass out there! Makes me a little nervous how I'm going to get out of the snow in the winter---I will be out shoveling for hours! Maybe one of the neighbors w/ a tractor will feel bad for me and plow me out! lol

Anyhow---just got Aree's school clothes shopping done, shes' good to start Monday morning !! Can't believe she's already in 5th grade!! Sort of late for me to think about having any more kids..........I wouldn't know what to do with a newborn again, it's been too long! lol

Also-----Aree decided she's going to play softball again- she ended one season on a friday and was trying out for next year on the following Tues and she's done awesome, we are getting ready to start league play for the fall--she's loving it (I'm glad because I was worried she'd never come around) she's got the skill, just not the mind set!

Hope everyone is doing well! Loves, hugs and kisses to all!

Goooood morning, my friends. It's sunny but a lot cooler than it has been for most of the last two months. I'll take it happily. I'm going to try and give my right hand and arm a break today. All the crafting I've been doing along with the pressure fronts have really upset them and they ache badly in spite of the pain meds.

I must tell you what Little Miss Sweet Pea did. We've noticed one of the dogs digging occasionally in a couple of the flower pots, but never discovered who was doing it until yesterday. I first spotted dirt by the office, then by the entry, then by the flower pot, and then a dirty rawhide in Sweet Pea's mouth. She had buried at least one in the flower pots. Yesterday she dug one out and left dirt from it all over the place. :lol :lol :lol I've heard about dogs burying bones, but this was the first time I've actually had one do it that I'm aware of. I had to laugh at her ingenuity even though she did make a mess. She really didn't want Trouble to get her rawhide. :lol :lol :lol

Rosie is getting loopy from the muscle relaxants but it is improving a bit. She gets the cortisone shot next Tuesday. She can get another in two weeks if need be, and another in another two weeks if needed. We're all hoping they do the trick. Yesterday was a bad day, but the day before was a good day. She's very frustrated and they will be missing the wedding next week, too. Grrrr!!!

Linda- Aren't they all noodles?:think I must have missed something about these Miracle noodles.

They are all made of the same thing but come in three different shapes: fettucine noodles, spaghetti noodles, and rice pearls. Strong flavored sauces work best for me, especially spaghetti sauce. I will be trying some others, too.

Not looking forward to another rainy Sunday- but if it's just rain with not to hurricane-like winds, I'll take that! We'll see how it tracks over the next few days. First an earthquake (my first and hopefully last) and now a hurricane. Geesh!

Hope you all have a good day today!

Wow, you gals are really getting hit with bad weather stuff lately. Stay safe. :hug

My relaxation time with my coffee before starting my day of more packing :lol I also have to run over to the uhaul today to ask some questions. I'd like to get the truck on sunday and load up then since I can recruit mary and dr tan to help if it's not a work day :yes But it may be a last minute decision based on the weather with this hurricane coming up the coast :( My dad and I will be driving out to Pitt either Wed evening or Thurs morning :clap:yay If we get to load up the truck on Sun, then I'll be at my parents the rest of the time until we go since we have stuff at their house to load into the truck too :yes

Good luck with the packing. I know it's a chore. Hopefully you can get the truck on Sunday. It would be oh so nice to have help with the loading.

Linda ~ I finally googled the noodles! Wow - what a great idea for a "pasta fix!" When is Kim's mom coming? Will you have some "me time" while she's there? :manyheart

Lou (Kim's mom) and Sue (a good family friend) will get here on Saturday afternoon and leave before any of us are up on Sunday morning. I'll be on duty most of Saturday, but will have Sunday to myself. I asked John not to put me in the middle of his feud with Lou after this weekend. He agreed and then after thinking about it some more said that I was right and that he wouldn't vacate himself as much as he had planned to while she is here. He may even have the confrontation with her on Saturday, if things go badly. Which will of course make things go even worse. Or, maybe better. Who knows. Makes my stomach ache. But I'm trying to put it all in God's hands let Him be in charge of whatever happens.

Take care. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug :hug

Well, I'm finding myself putzing around this morning and having trouble keeping myself focused :( I keep finding things that 'need' to be done to avoid packing :shrug

Going to kick my rear in gear :lol

Mary - I so wish the packing was over :sigh

Kiyo - We're packing together :hug

LInda - Praying all goes well this weekend :xfin:hug

I talked to my dad a bit ago and we've decided to just wait until tuesday morning to get the truck and load it up....just means that it'll be us and no help :( But the weather is just not going to be cooperative for the weekend with this hurricane on the horizon. I hear them talking about it on the news right now and it sounds like it took a turn and will be worse than initially anticipated :eek

Be back in a bit :wink

Just wanted to pop in and say :hi HI.....

I'm off to frost a birthday cake for my youngest! Cant believe he's 11yrs old today............. :sigh

post-18634-135897691689_thumb.gif

:heart

:mug

Hi Kiyo! Moving into your dad's house sounds like a great idea! I know you had talked about renting it, but that can be so much work and aggravation. Good for Aree continuing with softball. :cheer

Linda ~ Love the Sweet Pea stories. :lol I hope the weekend isn't too nerve-wracking! I don't know how my DH has put up with my parents for 40 years. :ohdear

Tam ~ Happy Birthday to your youngest!

Marisa ~ I'm glad you're going to wait until next week to move. The predictions look really bad and we want you safe. :manyheart Now you don't have to rush to pack...more crochet time!

The Waverly yarn is wonderful to work with. :hook Very soft and a little squishy...love it! I started another Shelly scarf with it - not having to concentrate is a good thing. :D

Hi all,

Listening to all this Hurricane talk on the news- It's scheduled to travel up the coast Sunday.

Marisa- I think you and your Dad made a wise decision- although it's too bad you won't have help loading up the truck! Take it easy- you and your Dad with the lifting!!!

Kiyo- I think that is great that you are moving into your Dad's house- and I'm happy to hear that Aree is continuing on with her softball!!! Maybe the mindset will catch up to her talent soon!!!

Mary- I am glad that my DD lives close by. Of the three girls, she lives the closest- Ryan is just getting cuter by the minute it seems. I started a Shelley scarf the other day too- mindless and gives me a break from the RR .

Linda- Praying that all goes well this weekend and that the cortisone shot(s) helps Rosie! Cute story about Sweet Pea!!!!

Cindy- Hope your work day went well.

I'm thinking that I may head to the grocery store tomorrow before work- when no one is there- It'll be early, but I do need to get a few things.

Marisa-----yes we are!!! You're a little ahead of me though and I only have to move my BIG house full of junk 5 miles!

:lol And I'm moving mine 5 hours :eek My house isn't 'big' persay, but not small either. It's a 2 bedroom townhouse so a considerable size for me to 'load up' :eek

Just wanted to pop in and say :hi HI.....

I'm off to frost a birthday cake for my youngest! Cant believe he's 11yrs old today............. :sigh

[ATTACH]44485[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

:birthday

Marisa ~ I'm glad you're going to wait until next week to move. The predictions look really bad and we want you safe. :manyheart Now you don't have to rush to pack...more crochet time!

The Waverly yarn is wonderful to work with. :hook Very soft and a little squishy...love it! I started another Shelly scarf with it - not having to concentrate is a good thing. :D

That's what I was thinking too, but the predictions keep getting worse with this hurricane that I'm starting to get a bit worried and half of me wants to head up to my parents to try to get away from the bulk of it :think

Hi all,

Listening to all this Hurricane talk on the news- It's scheduled to travel up the coast Sunday.

Marisa- I think you and your Dad made a wise decision- although it's too bad you won't have help loading up the truck! Take it easy- you and your Dad with the lifting!!!

I'm thinking that I may head to the grocery store tomorrow before work- when no one is there- It'll be early, but I do need to get a few things.

Be very careful girly....you and Judy with this hurricane, y'all are in a prime location :eek If I'm worried about myself over here, I'm doubly worried for you ladies :hug :hug :hug

Marisa--I'm trying not to worry although that is easier said than done! I'll never forget the hurricane when my DD's were young- and it was kind of scary. It's in the hands of someone way more powerful than me, though that is for sure!

Archived