Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :hi

Just waking up and not much to say today. I probably won't be back until some time tomorrow, late morning or into the afternoon. Toight is dinner after work for Mary's mom's birthday :yay And tomorrow morning I have an appointment with the eye doc and then I'll do my errands while I'm out :yes

Today I have a web demo scheduled for another office software at 11 while I'm at work. So, I have to swing by my old office to get Mary's laptop because she has the clear wireless internet that you can take anywhere. I don't want to try to sneak into our internet for that since it will be a long one :think I also have to take some supplies for this doc over here :yes

That's about it for now, so I'll see y'all tomorrow.......OR, maybe later if I have Mary's computer :devil

A quick good morning - I hope to leave by 8 and run errands before it's 110 again. We are being asked to cut way back on power usage between 3 and 8 p.m. to avoid rolling blackouts! Yesterday we unplugged tvs, printers, clocks, chargers, etc. that we don't need.

Marisa ~ Have fun at dinner with Mary and her mom. :)

Joanne ~ Yay for Friday! That's great that you can wear casual things today...our Rangers have slowed down a bit. :rolleyes

Tam ~ You are welcome! I hope the fundraiser is a huge success. I know you all contribute a lot to your community...and I'll bet there will be lots of support. :manyheart

Have a great morning, everyone.

Good morning to everyone in the House. I forgot to mention that Kim and I shared a chocolate lovers blizzard from DQ on the way home yesterday. Scrumptious! It was the chocolate truffle one. Then last night went to the prayer shawl meeting at the church across town that Rosie & her John go to. Stayed 30 minutes longer than usual, and people were telling stories on each other and themselves. Nearly split a gut laughing.

Linda ~ Yay for a good doctor's visit! :cheer Your doctor sounds like ours - using common sense and willing to listen to us is a good thing! Take care and let me know how to handle stress better. :wink

That's part of the problem. My stress relievers aren't working too well recently. But staying busy with quilting and crocheting and reading are part of the plan. Helping out those less fortunate. Working on focussing on the possitives. Staying connected with friends. Trying to be good to myself, too. Doing what must be done to keep things as calm as possible here at home.

Hope things work out for the assisted living for your folks. Mom finally had to be told that it was the only safe option left for her, and she has adjusted better than expected.

Good evening ladies :hi

More working on the business plan and money analysis going on over here. I'm starting to peter out with it though :sigh I'm close to the point where I just don't know what else to do :shrug Anyhow, I'll look over it again tomorrow :yes I'm going to send what I have to my parents and my sister too so some fresh eyes can look at it. But my sister won't get to it until sunday and hopefully my dad will get at it tomorrow afternoon :xfin My bro leaves tomorrow so my dad has to drive him down here to the airport in the morning. He's going to stop by my other office to visit Mary :lol where I'm at now is just inconvenient and not along any main route :( I didn't warn Mary, she'll be soo surprised :devil Then my SIL and the kids leave on Saturday, but from the little Wilkes-Barre airport. Will be fun for the kids because they'll get to walk up the steps into the plane instead of through a walkway....It's going to be harder on SIL though like that. Then they have a layover in Philly to switch to the big plane :yes

Hope that dad and sis can give you a hand with the paperwork. After looking at such things for about so long, it's hard to tell what is what.

Hope SIL and family have a good flight home.

Hmmmm.....out to dinner again tomorrow, it's Mary's mom's birthday and her pick is Applebee's. Not sure what it is, but she just loves that place :yes I picked up a pair of pj's for her tonight (that's what she asked for) and a birthday card that will sing to her :lol She's going to be super excited!

Ooooooo! Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy. And give her a hug from me.

Dentist appt went well.....NO cavities :yay:clap

Hooray!

I guess that's all I have for now. 2 more threads to check and then I think I'm going to watch a show on tv before hitting the hay ;)

Thinking of you all. :hug :hug :hug Hugs to all of you. Having such a wonderful support group sure does help. Catch you all later. :manyheart

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WRENNIE!!:manyheart

'morning, peeps! I hope my shouting that greeting at Wrennie didn't wake anyone up:lol

Judy - My business plan is moving right along :whew

That's great!

And JUDY- Tonight is Yankees/Red Sox (not like I had to remind you) and it should be good since they are now tied for first place!!! Wearing my Yankee T to work today so I'm all set for the game!!:lol

Have a good one everybody!!!

It's going to be something else!!!

I just hope the jerks in Boston don't start hitting our guys.You KNOW they'll pick on DJ first, if they do!:angry

:rofl It's Judy's new name, didn't you get the memo!? :think I guess I was more tired than I thought :yes Sorry Judy :hug

I don't care what you call me....just don't call me late for dinner:lol:lol:lol:lol

A quick good morning - I hope to leave by 8 and run errands before it's 110 again. We are being asked to cut way back on power usage between 3 and 8 p.m. to avoid rolling blackouts! Yesterday we unplugged tvs, printers, clocks, chargers, etc. that we don't need.

when we had the 100's we shopped very early, too....then hibernated!

I can't convince hubbyhow much power our idling comuters use...I hope you don't have any blackouts!

Off I go to start my day...I already vacuumed up some pet deodorizing powder (Arm and Hammer) from the carpet where the dogs always hang out.

Nice scent for a change. D.O. was really awful:P

Have a good one, everybody!

Morning folks --

Wrennie

wow, look at all the pups ! There arent hardly any pets on our street --- the lady across the street has an inside cat who sits in the window looking outside everyday .

That's about it --

Marisa

You sound so very happy about your new job change,so I'm glad it is all coming together for you .

Linda

Best of luck at the Doc-- hope all it is ,is a med change needed and you will be chipper again .

KrazyCrocheter

Thank you for posting several notes about the games area . We are all aware of it and will visit if we are interested .

Howdy Miss Mary

Wow, you have sure had some BAD hot days out there. Was 111 the highest you ever remember it being, or has it gotten even worse ?

Our super hot stuff is gone .Mainly in the 80's now which is normal for this time of year.

Hope your girl feels better-that stuff is nasty !

Trish

Yep,good to take it slow when you go back,especially if you're being put on a harder job. Dont wanna cause any setbacks !

What color are you making your girl's tote in ?

Cindy

Hope your head is better today !

HideyHo Jude --whats new with you ?

Linda

Glad the doc visit was ok --and stress can sure mess you up .Most everything I have is due to stress or aggravated by it .Sometimes it's REALLY hard to avoid it though .

Mary

Sure hope your folks will agree to go to the assisted living place. It must be really hard when you get to that age where you know it's time ,but have to leave your house .

It's the best place for them when they cant function as well and need someone to look in on them .

As for the crocheting, I have done bits and pieces.Stop for a bit, then do a little more .

I went to some yard sales today and found a HUGE zipper-bag and cardboard box FILLED with yarn. Whole deal ? 8 bucks. Couldnt resist !

Cam is wonderful .His newest thing is Godzilla,so we have to watch all the monster movies now when he comes up . He's still funnier than heck and makes us laugh all the time .

Happy Birthday Wrennie !!!:manyheart:yay

Tam

I gotta get busy and choose what to make to send for your raffle or auction.What are you calling it ? Or a craft sale ?

Would any winter type items be out of place right now,such as hats or scarves ? I'll take a look thru some patterns to see what catches my eye .

Jude

Very organized and good idea for your signature where you are keeping track of Tam's item progress !

Linda

I hope you dont mind, but am printing off the paragraph you posted about stress :

That's part of the problem. My stress relievers aren't working too well recently. But staying busy with quilting and crocheting and reading are part of the plan. Helping out those less fortunate. Working on focussing on the possitives. Staying connected with friends. Trying to be good to myself, too. Doing what must be done to keep things as calm as possible here at home.

I could certainly use it as a guideline here . Thank you for asking about the visit with our girl and family. They have come and gone -- left Wed morning .

Without going into detail,let's just say it turned out as usual .I get my hopes up that it will go well, it usually doesnt, then they leave . Feels a little like a cannonball hit you in the gut. A big empty hole .

An ongoing situation,with no resolution in sight .

I'm really HOPING the kids had fun at least. We had a pizza party and birthday party for 2 of them who were the latest birthday people .

We played several games and they all laughed and had fun ,as did the adults, so that's what matters most.

Hope I can leave some good memories for them if not for anyone else .

HideyHo Jude --whats new with you ?

been working on something pretty for Tam's fundraiser (progress in my siggy line) and getting ready to assemble a couple of Red/white/blue charity ghans.

That, and running around applying Bitter Orange to the areas of carpet Miss Lucy likes to chew on:lol

Taking her to get weighed in a couple of hours. The month flea and other meds are dosed by weight and her's is always changing. She was at the top limit for the meds I currently have last month.... Luckily this vet will exchange what I have so I don't have to buy an entirely new package.

As for the crocheting, I have done bits and pieces.Stop for a bit, then do a little more .

That's great to hear!

I went to some yard sales today and found a HUGE zipper-bag and cardboard box FILLED with yarn. Whole deal ? 8 bucks. Couldnt resist !

Wow - what a deal!

Cam is wonderful .His newest thing is Godzilla,so we have to watch all the monster movies now when he comes up . He's still funnier than heck and makes us laugh all the time .

He's a sweetie...

Oooh Jude

I KNOW whatever you make for Tam will be gorgeous. Never saw ANYTHING come off your hook that wasn't ! Can't wait to see it .

So what is bitter orange,some type of spray stuff that dogs don't like the smell of ?

She is sure gonna leave some lasting memories around your house of her "early months".

Who is JULY????:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

:lol I totally missed that!

Good morning ladies :hi

Just waking up and not much to say today. I probably won't be back until some time tomorrow, late morning or into the afternoon. Toight is dinner after work for Mary's mom's birthday :yay And tomorrow morning I have an appointment with the eye doc and then I'll do my errands while I'm out :yes

Today I have a web demo scheduled for another office software at 11 while I'm at work. So, I have to swing by my old office to get Mary's laptop because she has the clear wireless internet that you can take anywhere. I don't want to try to sneak into our internet for that since it will be a long one :think I also have to take some supplies for this doc over here :yes

That's about it for now, so I'll see y'all tomorrow.......OR, maybe later if I have Mary's computer :devil

Have fun and don't work too hard!:hug

Have a great morning, everyone.

They asked us to do that last year as well, it worked out pretty well!

Good morning to everyone in the House. I forgot to mention that Kim and I shared a chocolate lovers blizzard from DQ on the way home yesterday. Scrumptious! It was the chocolate truffle one. Then last night went to the prayer shawl meeting at the church across town that Rosie & her John go to. Stayed 30 minutes longer than usual, and people were telling stories on each other and themselves. Nearly split a gut laughing.

:)Sounds like a good time was had by all!

That's part of the problem. My stress relievers aren't working too well recently. But staying busy with quilting and crocheting and reading are part of the plan. Helping out those less fortunate. Working on focussing on the possitives. Staying connected with friends. Trying to be good to myself, too. Doing what must be done to keep things as calm as possible here at home.Very well said! Think we could all learn a little bit from this!

Thinking of you all. :hug :hug :hug Hugs to all of you. Having such a wonderful support group sure does help. Catch you all later. :manyheart

:hug:manyheart

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WRENNIE!!:manyheart

'morning, peeps! I hope my shouting that greeting at Wrennie didn't wake anyone up:lol

I don't care what you call me....just don't call me late for dinner:lol:lol:lol:lol

Off I go to start my day...I already vacuumed up some pet deodorizing powder (Arm and Hammer) from the carpet where the dogs always hang out.

Nice scent for a change. D.O. was really awful:P

Have a good one, everybody!

:lol:lol There really are few worse things than D.O.! Luckily Buffy loves baths so she doesn't smell too bad most of the time!

Howdy Miss Mary

Trish

Yep,good to take it slow when you go back,especially if you're being put on a harder job. Dont wanna cause any setbacks !

What color are you making your girl's tote in ?

Her tote is hot pink and black. Those are the colors of her room. Actually her walls are black and white, all her pics are black and white as is all her furniture abd the hot pink is her accent color. She loves her room and because of her OCD it is always pretty neat.:lol

I went to some yard sales today and found a HUGE zipper-bag and cardboard box FILLED with yarn. Whole deal ? 8 bucks. Couldnt resist ! What a score! That's awesome!

I could certainly use it as a guideline here . Thank you for asking about the visit with our girl and family. They have come and gone -- left Wed morning .

Without going into detail,let's just say it turned out as usual .I get my hopes up that it will go well, it usually doesnt, then they leave . Feels a little like a cannonball hit you in the gut. A big empty hole .

An ongoing situation,with no resolution in sight . :hugSorry that things didn't go better!

I'm really HOPING the kids had fun at least. We had a pizza party and birthday party for 2 of them who were the latest birthday people .

We played several games and they all laughed and had fun ,as did the adults, so that's what matters most.

Hope I can leave some good memories for them if not for anyone else .Sounds like the kids probably had a great time and they will have wonderful memories of you!:hug[/QUOTE]

:birthday:bdayWrennie!!!!!!

Good morning everyone! Busy weekend ahead so not sure when I'll get a chance to check back in. BF has a softball tourney this weekend, so I'll be spending all day tomorrow there. We'll see how they do and if they play on Sunday. I won't go on Sunday though because my GS's first birthday party is that afternoon!:cheer

Going to work on a baby blanket, tote, friendship squares and dishcloths for the remainder of the afternoon until we go to BF's sister's for dinner. Actually I'll take most of it with me as we'll end up staying and watching the Giants game anyway. They need to beat Philly!!!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!!!!

:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies. :)

Linda ~ Oh, I love Blizzards! I think there is only one DQ in town and it's not anywhere near us. My brother-in-law actually came up with the idea for them when he was head of their ad agency...I think it was in the 70's - or maybe 80's. :think

Judy ~ Can't wait to see what you're making! Thank goodness Gracie has grown up (a little :lol)...she preferred baseboards and window ledges for snacks. ;)

Trish ~ Your weekend plans sound like a lot of fun - enjoy!

Julie ~ Wow, fantastic find at the yard sale! :yarn Cam sounds like such a joy - if Luke makes us laugh half as much when he's older as he does now, we'll still be laughing a lot.:D

I'm sorry about some not-so-good time with the kids, but I'll bet the grandkids left with wonderful memories. :hug

Well, I hadn't been to our closest Walmart in a month or so until this a.m. and had a pleasant surprise. The store is only about 5 months old and they have reconfigured a huge part of it...and added a large fabric and sewing department! :cheer They also enlarged the yarn area and carry Vanna's, Pound of Love and of course RHSS. Lots more cotton yarn, too. It's about time! :yes

Hi all,

We went over to visit with Ryan for a while today- and he 's just getting cuter each day. My oldest then went with my middle DD and they are going to a minor league ball game tonight. She's going to stay over night there and then get an early bus back to Boston in the morning. We all had a good day- and they both tended to my DD's garden since she's been otherwise occupied!;)

I finally uploaded some pictures so I'll share two- one of him on the day he was born and one taken today. Can't believe he'll be a week old tomorrow!!!

Judy- thought you'd get a kick out of the little outfit he had on today- it said homerun hero- no team listed, but let's just say that my oldest loved the colors- Red and white......but not to worry- He WILL be a Yankee fan....if I have anything to say about it:lol

Hugs to all who need them today!!!!:hug:hug

Joanne~Ryan is beautiful. :manyheart

Hi, Tab! I hope all is well with you and the wee-one!

Oooh Jude

I KNOW whatever you make for Tam will be gorgeous. Never saw ANYTHING come off your hook that wasn't ! Can't wait to see it .

aw....shucks:blush

So what is bitter orange,some type of spray stuff that dogs don't like the smell of ?

She is sure gonna leave some lasting memories around your house of her "early months".

bitter orange has a bad taste...and the smell gets in your nasal membranes and it burns! I know this for a fact because I accidentally inhaled too much when I was applying it....and after tasting it once because it was so hard to wash off my hands I now use a rag to apply it!:blush

She also likes to eat the base of the door frames.

I;m not repainting those till she grows up:lol

Judy ~ Can't wait to see what you're making! Thank goodness Gracie has grown up (a little :lol)...she preferred baseboards and window ledges for snacks. ;)

see above....in addition to carpet she likes to eat the paint off the woodwork:lol

Well, little Miss Lucy gained 10 pounds in the past month. She weighs 55.4 pounds!:eek

You should have seen me trying to get her in the car to go get weighed.

She was like a bucking bronco, Halti collar and all! I had the forsight to bring some of her treats with me and after a full 5 mintes she approached the car...I boosted her up. Getting her out was equally as interesting, but didn't take as long.

Then we went to the groomers to have her nails clipped. Nice and fast:D

By the time we got home she was much better about getting out of the car at least!

She's scheduled to be spayed on Aug.30th:(

A crazy week here this week. Just stopping in to say hello and that I'll catch up with you all tomorrow when I catch my breath!

As of 5pm, I am a GREAT GRANDMA!!!! Jr. weighed in at 7 pounds 11 ounces.

:2nono:bang:yell:thair:irk:rant:box Ok,well that explains my mood for the moment!!!!!

Bf's son(7) kicked a soccer ball in the house, knocked over a glass of soda I had on my side table and it spilled all over some of my yarn and a couple of finished projects! I can't believe it....oh actually I can since he is allowed to throw balls etc in the house! I am so angry that I can't see straight:angry. No, he did not get into trouble, just told not to kick the ball in the house, but at this very moment they are throwing a wiffle ball in the living room! This is just one of many things that are irritating me at the moment!!!!!

Sorry about the rant but I had to get it out somewhere!:hug

Hi Mary

Glad they addd the new craft section at your walmart .It's nice to have things close and available if you need them . They cut our craft area down a lot when they recently remodeled the store. They still have yarn,and actually have a couple new kinds,but not a lot of any one thing .

Toni !

Congratulations ! Another baby boy in the House !! Hope you get some pictures to share if possible .

Jude

Yep, it definitely sounds like Lucy plans on leaving you guys plenty of mementos of her "younger years" . She is sure growing a lot,and probably very hard for you to get her around,since you look so small .

Trish

My gosh,I dont blame you one bit ! It must be really hard to have a "blended family". ( I'll try using a fancy word they use on tv . I don't have any experience with that,but don't think I'd handle it very well, especially when it comes to the kids and who gets which rules . It'd be really hard to deal with that end of it and decide who gets to make the rules ,and make them fair for everyone involved . I only know from seeing it on talk shows ,etc,that it really does seem to be a difficult issue to meet halfway on .

That'd definitely make me mad too ,so go right ahead and rant. You have the right to !

Archived