Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi all,

We went over to visit with Ryan for a while today- and he 's just getting cuter each day. My oldest then went with my middle DD and they are going to a minor league ball game tonight. She's going to stay over night there and then get an early bus back to Boston in the morning. We all had a good day- and they both tended to my DD's garden since she's been otherwise occupied!;)

I finally uploaded some pictures so I'll share two- one of him on the day he was born and one taken today. Can't believe he'll be a week old tomorrow!!!

Judy- thought you'd get a kick out of the little outfit he had on today- it said homerun hero- no team listed, but let's just say that my oldest loved the colors- Red and white......but not to worry- He WILL be a Yankee fan....if I have anything to say about it:lol

Hugs to all who need them today!!!!:hug:hug

post-27163-135897682661_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897682665_thumb.jpg

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrennie, you sure do matter - don't let anyone convince you otherwise. Losing someone that important takes a long time to heal, especially with all the complications. Try to think of the good times and remember how many people really do care about you.

Tammy, I know it hurts, but remember all the loving memories of your daddy. I'll be going through the same thing in a couple of weeks.

Marisa, it's good to hear from you. We miss you! Hope the move goes smoothly even in this heat.

Grandma Joanne, congrats! How much have you spoiled Ryan already?

Judy, hi!

I'm sure I've missed somebody, but not intentionally. Hugs to all of you.

Anybody want to come and clean house for me? My daughter is moving out on her own for the first time on Wednesday. My house is a mess and so am I.

Hi Phyllis--I am loving him immensely!!!

It's always tough when they move out for the first time.:hug...but trust me....you'll get used to it!!:yes When they come to visit it is so special- I really enjoyed having my oldest here the last couple of days- and my middle DD came today and yesterday too. She may be coming over again tomorrow- to do laundry:lol and then of course go visit the little guy!

Hi all,

I finally uploaded some pictures so I'll share two- one of him on the day he was born and one taken today. Can't believe he'll be a week old tomorrow!!!

Aww, what a gorgeous little guy!!!:manyheart

Well the reverend we wanted who refers to indian lore etc is unavailable the weekend we can get the field. I will have to get in touch with the funeral parlor guy and see who else he knows of that can do something similar.

Me & Marton were together 11 years plus friends for maybe 6 years prior to that. Well, we never got married. I don't have that nesting gene I guess. Let me tell you, if I knew then what I know now I would have married him. This is all just a huge mess now. He has a sister. Whenever they talked they fought. He moved in with me and as far as I know never told her anything about where he went or how to contact him. I never met her or even spoke to her on the phone. He never called her, again as far as I know and yes I'm the bill payer and see all the phone bills and no he didn't have a cell.

He didn't have a will so now IF NY recognized whats called common law marriage I could take care of his bank accounts and get rid of his truck. BUT They dont recognize it so she has to be contacted and take care of things. For all I know she wont give a darn, and wont do anything about anything. Which means, his truck could sit in my yard for the rest of my life. The bank stuff isn't a big deal. His finances were very simple, no creditors. But I really want the truck to go away at some point. I looked through his address book and I found her name, no last name and a partial phone number. I dont know what I'm going to do. :ohdear Social security, same thing, since we werent legally married I dont get squat. I guess I dont really exist. It's really not all about the money. Although the ss would be nice later. I just feel like I dont matter cause of the wedding thing.

this sux Oh honey............I'm so sorry you are going through this! I know you know that you DO matter.... but yes... this is a tough situation! love you! :hug

And yes I do talk to (face to face)friends about this stuff, and of course they tell me I matter and they :manyheart me so why do I feel so all alone??

:hug:hug:hug Wrennie and Tammy- sounds like this is a tough day for both of you:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug Thank you sweetie!!!:hug

Good morning everyone. Rosie and I are going shoe shopping some more today. Not sure what else I'll be doing, but relaxing is high on the list. :lol

Oh, Wrennie! :hug :hug :hug :hug I do know where you are coming from. Same thing happened to me when my partner died, except she did leave a will, so I didn't even have to notify her siblings. Thank goodness! Because they were all cruel and mean to her. I am so sorry!!! :hug

Tammy, my heart goes out to you. :hug :hug :hug Make him the cake. Celebrate all he meant to you. you're an angel! thank you!

Joanne, when do we get to see a picture of Ryan? Soon? Enjoy your time with all your daughters and and Ryan.

Catch you all later. :manyheart

:hug:manyheart:hug

Good news about hubby!! thanks hon! Oh he feels great!

I just skimmed through posts from yesterday and this morning.

I can't remember much, but I did notice that Linda posted some projects. They are all very nice, but I am especially partial to the prayer shawl.

Marisa, hope the office deal works out the way you want it to.

I got up early, (after finally sleeping well for the first time in a week), and went to the farmers market and the grocery store on the corner to pick up some meat. I did my regular grocery shopping last night, but our little independent grocery store has better meat. I am now in the middle of cleaning. I did a couple of windows today too. I've been so busy lately between work and my parents, that my house has really suffered. I'm going to try to just do a few things when I have time, and eventually I will get things done.

I fell down the stairs in the garage on Thursday, and am pretty sore still, so in between the cleaning periods, I am crocheting a dishcloth. The fall was my own fault. I did not turn on the light when I went to toss some trash in the can, and I missed the last step and landed on the concrete. No injury, thankfully, just a lot of bruising. :eek you did what? OMGoodness! Sweetie...... are you okay? please be careful!

Well, better get back to the cleaning......

Wrennie, you sure do matter - don't let anyone convince you otherwise. Losing someone that important takes a long time to heal, especially with all the complications. Try to think of the good times and remember how many people really do care about you.

Tammy, I know it hurts, but remember all the loving memories of your daddy. I'll be going through the same thing in a couple of weeks. Oh sweetie ... I'm sorry you know this sadness! thank you for your concern!!! :hug

Marisa, it's good to hear from you. We miss you! Hope the move goes smoothly even in this heat.

Grandma Joanne, congrats! How much have you spoiled Ryan already?

Judy, hi!

I'm sure I've missed somebody, but not intentionally. Hugs to all of you.

Anybody want to come and clean house for me? My daughter is moving out on her own for the first time on Wednesday. My house is a mess and so am I.

Cindy, feel better! Have you tried a hot bath for the bruising??

Hi, Phyllis, Tam and everyone else. Many of us need hugs...so consider them given!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug Thanks darlin'!

nite all.....:)

Hi all,

We went over to visit with Ryan for a while today- and he 's just getting cuter each day. My oldest then went with my middle DD and they are going to a minor league ball game tonight. She's going to stay over night there and then get an early bus back to Boston in the morning. We all had a good day- and they both tended to my DD's garden since she's been otherwise occupied!;)

I finally uploaded some pictures so I'll share two- one of him on the day he was born and one taken today. Can't believe he'll be a week old tomorrow!!! OMGoodness............. he's an angel! :hug

Judy- thought you'd get a kick out of the little outfit he had on today- it said homerun hero- no team listed, but let's just say that my oldest loved the colors- Red and white......but not to worry- He WILL be a Yankee fan....if I have anything to say about it:lol

:heart

:mug

You are loved, but you feel alone because the loss is so recent and has left an empty hole in your heart and in your world. You are still grieving and now have to deal with all of this stuff. It can be overwhelming but we are here for you to talk to when you need to.

I'm sorry the reverend you wanted isn't available when you can get the field. I hope you are able to find someone who can.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Well the reverend we wanted who refers to indian lore etc is unavailable the weekend we can get the field. I will have to get in touch with the funeral parlor guy and see who else he knows of that can do something similar.

And yes I do talk to (face to face)friends about this stuff, and of course they tell me I matter and they :manyheart me so why do I feel so all alone??

.:: Good Evening House ::.

Well................ I'm doin' better tonight!

Spent some good time today cleaning Michael and Davids room. OMGosh... its done and so nice! I'm finishing up getting their blankets all washed for them. But the beds are all fresh and the room is clean! :yay One more room down! I'm gettin' things back in order after the mess my daughter left!

After we got done.. Ken ran to the store to pick up a few things for us to have burgers on the grill for dinner! Oh they were good! But anyway... He brought home a lovely cake from the deli. Yep... birthday cake! So the 5 of us had a lovely buger dinner with beans and chips... with birthday cake for dessert! Wasnt the cake I used to make for daddy... but was just what I needed and we all enjoyed!!!

post-18634-135897682695_thumb.jpg

Evening everyone. Been long day. Sat with the mama and trying to get my new work laptop setup. I do NOT like having to learn a new operating system. I knew where everything was before and now they go and change it :lol Just not nice :(

Nothing new on the baby watch, still watching and waiting. Did have to take my youngest to dd yesterday for some cyst draining in her breast and now they want to get mammo and good imaging done on the breast. One drained clear, one had wrong color fluid and being sent to lab and other was a solid mass. So now, we wait and worry. Could use some prayers here.

Marisa, hope all goes well with the office rental people and they can do what you need for your practice. Great to see you!

Tam, sorry you had a bad day. :hug :hug

Linda, your pampering and shopping sound like it was fun. Loved the projects you finished this week.

My dd went through the same you did when her partner passed away. Unfortunately,no will. In that respect, you were fortunate.

Joanne, you're just enjoying that baby way to much! :rofl But, you're right, he is getting cuter by the day :yes

Cindy, glad you didn't hurt yourself any more than bruising, but know that can really hurt too :hug

Phyllis, I understand about dd moving out for the first time, second time, third time....:lol

To those I missed and all, :hug :hug and :heart :heart

Evening everyone. Been long day. Sat with the mama and trying to get my new work laptop setup. I do NOT like having to learn a new operating system. I knew where everything was before and now they go and change it :lol Just not nice :( A few months ago, we finished converting our old system to a new system- and it does take getting used to!!! I was part of the team assigned to do testing during the conversion. I totally get where you are coming from!! Hang in there--before you know it, you'll get used to it!!!

Nothing new on the baby watch, still watching and waiting. Did have to take my youngest to dd yesterday for some cyst draining in her breast and now they want to get mammo and good imaging done on the breast. One drained clear, one had wrong color fluid and being sent to lab and other was a solid mass. So now, we wait and worry. Could use some prayers here. You got it Toni- prayers and positive thoughts!!!!!:hug

Joanne, you're just enjoying that baby way to much! :rofl But, you're right, he is getting cuter by the day :yesAw, gee thanks! :manyheart

Ok that baby is just way way way to cute. I could eat him up.
He is a cutie pie, if I do say so myself--but I'm not being impartial or anything:lol

Good morning!

I've been thinking about Cheeria--has anyone heard from her? I know her grandsons keep her very busy. I think I'll PM her.

Today my oldest heads back home~wow,seems like I JUST picked her up at the train! My middle one may be coming over today :think She said she'd let me know later.

Her BF got free tix to a Yankee game- 5th row seats!!! (insert jealous smiley here:lol) He and his brother and two friends are going!

Off to finish the weekly chores and then head out to the grocery store. May go over to see the little guy- I'll leave that up to DD---I don't want to impose if you know what I mean...

Hugs to all!!!

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart I can't believe my last post was Monday right before the dentist appt.! The week was full of some good things and lots of not so good things and here it is Sunday already! I'm so sorry not to keep up with you all better...and really miss being here more. I need more hours in the day. :yes

The very best part of the week was yesterday evening and today. DD had a 40th birthday party for her DH downtown in a wonderful old Pub and we brought Luke home with us. We'll take him home late afternoon - right now he's still asleep with Gracie on the floor under his crib. :c9

Lots of hugs from me to all of you.:hug Hopefully, things will be a little quieter this week. I have jury duty on Wednesday and am praying I don't get chosen for a trial. ;)

Morning all! Nothing new here. Need to get myself moving around. Today will be working on making parts and pieces to put bearghan together.

Joanne, I know about getting used to new things, just don't like new operating systems :lol Going to get a phone cord and make a transfer cable to transfer all my data more easily. Either that or use a flashdrive. Grrrrr.....

Mary, glad to see you! Hope things settle for you and you can visit more. I sure know about life getting in the way of visiting here.

Ambi, thanks for the prayers. All are appreciated and felt.

Judy, Marisa, Julie, Cindy, Linda, Trish,Tam, Kiyo and allllll, love and hugs and have a great day!

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was crazy. Rosie and I continued to shop for shoes for the wedding she's going to the end of August. It's a formal adults only wedding at noon, followed by a black tie reception in the evening. John came over in his tux a couple days ago. WOW!! He looked SHARP!!!! We went to DSW. Rosie sat and tried on shoes and I went up and down the aisles looking for shoes in black, size 9 1/2 - 10, wide heel and not too high, initially in a strappy sandal style and then in anything dressy. Took about 3 hours but we finally found 2 pair that she liked. Then went to a well deserved lunch at a Bar-B-Que place nearby. Rosie had a salad with pulled pork and I had a super duper loaded baked potatoe with smoked ham on it. Yummy! Drove home in a downpour. Then back to Belk's where we each got a pair of comfy & fun shoes. Rosie's were in turquoise, which we had to go find a matching bag to go with them. Then to the men's shirt section. Then to the children's section. Then Rosie dropped me at Pizza Hut to order our pizzas for supper while she went to the grocery store for a few things. Back home and had pizza. Then another friend and new quilter called with an SOS on her quilt so off we went to see if we could figure out what was going on with it. BIG problems, but after much brain storming I think we've figured out the problem and how to fix it. It was 11:00 before I got home to stay. A long day, but very productive. I came out of it with 4 pair of brand new shoes and will be pitching all but 2 pair of my current shoes which are worn out on the inside &/or outside.

I fell down the stairs in the garage on Thursday, and am pretty sore still, so in between the cleaning periods, I am crocheting a dishcloth. The fall was my own fault. I did not turn on the light when I went to toss some trash in the can, and I missed the last step and landed on the concrete. No injury, thankfully, just a lot of bruising.

Oh, Cindy!!! Be careful. Epson's Salts in a hot bath really help.

You absolutely, postively are loved and cared about! Grieving takes lots of time and especially when it's new you feel terribly empty. His death leaves a HUGE hole in your life. :hug :hug :hug :hug

Tammy, I know it hurts, but remember all the loving memories of your daddy. I'll be going through the same thing in a couple of weeks.

Oh, Phyllis. I'm sorry. Be good to yourself that day.

Oh, my. That is a huge change. Give yourself time to adjust.

Hi all,

Gee, I can't imagine why. :lol :lol :lol That was nice of her sisters.

Absolutely ADORABLE pictures!!!

Spent some good time today cleaning Michael and Davids room. OMGosh... its done and so nice! I'm finishing up getting their blankets all washed for them. But the beds are all fresh and the room is clean! :yay One more room down! I'm gettin' things back in order after the mess my daughter left!

After we got done.. Ken ran to the store to pick up a few things for us to have burgers on the grill for dinner! Oh they were good! But anyway... He brought home a lovely cake from the deli. Yep... birthday cake! So the 5 of us had a lovely buger dinner with beans and chips... with birthday cake for dessert! Wasnt the cake I used to make for daddy... but was just what I needed and we all enjoyed!!!

[ATTACH]43016[/ATTACH]

Good for hubby!

Evening everyone. Been long day. Sat with the mama and trying to get my new work laptop setup. I do NOT like having to learn a new operating system. I knew where everything was before and now they go and change it :lol Just not nice :(

Nothing new on the baby watch, still watching and waiting. Did have to take my youngest to dd yesterday for some cyst draining in her breast and now they want to get mammo and good imaging done on the breast. One drained clear, one had wrong color fluid and being sent to lab and other was a solid mass. So now, we wait and worry. Could use some prayers here.

Oh my goodness! :hug :hug :hug You are both in my prayers, big time.

Linda, your pampering and shopping sound like it was fun. Loved the projects you finished this week.

Thanks.

My dd went through the same you did when her partner passed away. Unfortunately,no will. In that respect, you were fortunate.

I was indeed.

He is a cutie pie, if I do say so myself--but I'm not being impartial or anything:lol

Of course you're not. :lol :lol :lol

Today my oldest heads back home~wow,seems like I JUST picked her up at the train! My middle one may be coming over today :think She said she'd let me know later.

Her BF got free tix to a Yankee game- 5th row seats!!! (insert jealous smiley here:lol) He and his brother and two friends are going!

And he didn't take you and DD!?!?! Shame on him! :lol

Off to finish the weekly chores and then head out to the grocery store. May go over to see the little guy- I'll leave that up to DD---I don't want to impose if you know what I mean...

Hugs to all!!!

Have a great day!

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart I can't believe my last post was Monday right before the dentist appt.! The week was full of some good things and lots of not so good things and here it is Sunday already! I'm so sorry not to keep up with you all better...and really miss being here more. I need more hours in the day. :yes

The very best part of the week was yesterday evening and today. DD had a 40th birthday party for her DH downtown in a wonderful old Pub and we brought Luke home with us. We'll take him home late afternoon - right now he's still asleep with Gracie on the floor under his crib. :c9

Lots of hugs from me to all of you.:hug Hopefully, things will be a little quieter this week. I have jury duty on Wednesday and am praying I don't get chosen for a trial. ;)

Love you. We miss you too. Enjoy your time with Luke.

To everyone I missed. Love and prayers coming your way. :hug :hug :hug Hope you have a wonderful day. :manyheart

Hi all,

Cleaning and laundry are done. Then I made a run to Target- to get yet another tote for my yarn:lol. Then of course, I HAD to stop at Michael's- and it was a bust!! Probably for the best!!! Never did get to the grocery store and I refuse to go at this time on a Sunday- so probably will go tomorrow morning. It's not like we'll starve.

Middle DD decided to stay home since BF is at the game and get the work done that she needs to get done.

Linda- WTG on 4 new pair of shoes!! Glad that Rosie found some shoes at DSW--I can spend hours in that store!!! It sure sounds like you are having lots of fun while John and Kim are away--and I'm happy for you!!!!!:)

Going to sit and finish the baby ghan for my co-worker- only a few more rows to go before I run out of yarn and it will be done!

To all- :hug and have a great day!

Hi all,

He's adorable...looks all-boy, too!

Love the shirt:lol

Linda - I'm glad you had such a fun day!

Toni, Mary, Cindy - hi to everyone...

JOANNE....want to come yarn shopping at my house? In fact, if you'll let me know what you might like I'll put together a pile for you!

[ATTACH]43016[/ATTACH]

what a sweet hubby!

off I go...making meat sauce and pasta today:D

Me & Marton were together 11 years plus friends for maybe 6 years prior to that. Well, we never got married. I don't have that nesting gene I guess. Let me tell you, if I knew then what I know now I would have married him. This is all just a huge mess now. He has a sister. Whenever they talked they fought. He moved in with me and as far as I know never told her anything about where he went or how to contact him. I never met her or even spoke to her on the phone. He never called her, again as far as I know and yes I'm the bill payer and see all the phone bills and no he didn't have a cell.

He didn't have a will so now IF NY recognized whats called common law marriage I could take care of his bank accounts and get rid of his truck. BUT They dont recognize it so she has to be contacted and take care of things. For all I know she wont give a darn, and wont do anything about anything. Which means, his truck could sit in my yard for the rest of my life. The bank stuff isn't a big deal. His finances were very simple, no creditors. But I really want the truck to go away at some point. I looked through his address book and I found her name, no last name and a partial phone number. I dont know what I'm going to do. :ohdear Social security, same thing, since we werent legally married I dont get squat. I guess I dont really exist. It's really not all about the money. Although the ss would be nice later. I just feel like I dont matter cause of the wedding thing.

this sux

Remember you are loved and the feeling of being alone will fade with time:hug

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

Well... hubby is doing good.... the groshong is out and he is a free man! Thank you so much for all the love and prayers!

Forgive me if I seem off today ... not myself.

I'm struggling with it being my daddy's birthday and he's not here for me to bake his favorite cake for. I miss him so much! I would give anything to make him one more birthday cake!

love you guys

:hugI feel for you Tam. My dad has only been gone a couple of years and there are a lot of days that hit me pretty hard.:( I wish he was still here to see his great-grandbabies that he never got to meet. I just try to remember all the silly things he used to do and it makes me laugh!

I just skimmed through posts from yesterday and this morning.

I can't remember much, but I did notice that Linda posted some projects. They are all very nice, but I am especially partial to the prayer shawl.

Marisa, hope the office deal works out the way you want it to.

I got up early, (after finally sleeping well for the first time in a week), and went to the farmers market and the grocery store on the corner to pick up some meat. I did my regular grocery shopping last night, but our little independent grocery store has better meat. I am now in the middle of cleaning. I did a couple of windows today too. I've been so busy lately between work and my parents, that my house has really suffered. I'm going to try to just do a few things when I have time, and eventually I will get things done.

I fell down the stairs in the garage on Thursday, and am pretty sore still, so in between the cleaning periods, I am crocheting a dishcloth. The fall was my own fault. I did not turn on the light when I went to toss some trash in the can, and I missed the last step and landed on the concrete. No injury, thankfully, just a lot of bruising.

Well, better get back to the cleaning......

Take it easy! I'm just glad you are ok!:hug

Hi all,

OH MY! He is adorable! It is amazing how fast the time goes, my gs will be a year next week! I can't believe it's been that long! :hug

[ATTACH]43016[/ATTACH]

:cheerFor getting more cleaning done! The cake was a wonderful idea and I am so glad it made you feel better!

Good morning!

I've been thinking about Cheeria--has anyone heard from her? I know her grandsons keep her very busy. I think I'll PM her.

Hugs to all!!!

Have fun visiting if you get a chance to!

EWW jury duty! I have actually never been called but I know my day is coming!:lol

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was crazy. Rosie and I continued to shop for shoes for the wedding she's going to the end of August. It's a formal adults only wedding at noon, followed by a black tie reception in the evening. John came over in his tux a couple days ago. WOW!! He looked SHARP!!!! We went to DSW. Rosie sat and tried on shoes and I went up and down the aisles looking for shoes in black, size 9 1/2 - 10, wide heel and not too high, initially in a strappy sandal style and then in anything dressy. Took about 3 hours but we finally found 2 pair that she liked. Then went to a well deserved lunch at a Bar-B-Que place nearby. Rosie had a salad with pulled pork and I had a super duper loaded baked potatoe with smoked ham on it. Yummy! Drove home in a downpour. Then back to Belk's where we each got a pair of comfy & fun shoes. Rosie's were in turquoise, which we had to go find a matching bag to go with them. Then to the men's shirt section. Then to the children's section. Then Rosie dropped me at Pizza Hut to order our pizzas for supper while she went to the grocery store for a few things. Back home and had pizza. Then another friend and new quilter called with an SOS on her quilt so off we went to see if we could figure out what was going on with it. BIG problems, but after much brain storming I think we've figured out the problem and how to fix it. It was 11:00 before I got home to stay. A long day, but very productive. I came out of it with 4 pair of brand new shoes and will be pitching all but 2 pair of my current shoes which are worn out on the inside &/or outside.

To everyone I missed. Love and prayers coming your way. :hug :hug :hug Hope you have a wonderful day. :manyheart

Sounds like a great day! Food sounds fabulous and:cheerfor finding the shoes! Hope you have a more relaxing day today!:hug

Hi all,

Cleaning and laundry are done. Then I made a run to Target- to get yet another tote for my yarn:lol. Then of course, I HAD to stop at Michael's- and it was a bust!! Probably for the best!!! Never did get to the grocery store and I refuse to go at this time on a Sunday- so probably will go tomorrow morning. It's not like we'll starve.

Middle DD decided to stay home since BF is at the game and get the work done that she needs to get done.

Going to sit and finish the baby ghan for my co-worker- only a few more rows to go before I run out of yarn and it will be done!

To all- :hug and have a great day!

I need to have shelves built for my yarn! I want little cubbies, so that I can see everything that I have! Then again, if BF sees how much I REALLY have he may ring my neck!:lol Enjoy your day!:hug

Not much going on here. Just going to sit and watch the Giants game and hope that we will beat the Reds today! Can't believe we got Beltran and he has done NOTHING for us as of yet! It appears that we just acquired Cabrera and he's in the line-up today-we need a ss but he is older than I think we need. Oh well!

DD16 is feeling better after the accident. Just some stiffness in her neck and back still but at least that's all. She's a little jumpy about getting into a car at the moment though but she'll get past it.

Everyone have a fabulous day!:hug:manyheart

Oh, Wrennie! :hug :hug :hug :hug I do know where you are coming from. Same thing happened to me when my partner died, except she did leave a will, so I didn't even have to notify her siblings. Thank goodness! Because they were all cruel and mean to her.

My brother & I are friends. I dont get how siblings can be so cruel.

It's because you have lost part of yourself. Grieving is therapeutic, even though it feels so bad. Give yourself time, lots of it.

You matter very much to me, and, I am sure, to all the other ladies here as well.

:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

I'm sorry that, in addition to your grief, you also have to deal with the legalities of the issue.

:hug:hug:manyheart TY

:hug

You are loved, but you feel alone because the loss is so recent and has left an empty hole in your heart and in your world. You are still grieving and now have to deal with all of this stuff. It can be overwhelming but we are here for you to talk to when you need to.

I'm sorry the reverend you wanted isn't available when you can get the field. I hope you are able to find someone who can.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

We are going to call the reverend we wanted and see if he has someone he recomends.

I couldn't stand to be in the house yesterday, so I took a ride up to my friends second house. They go there on weekends to work on the house. Steve & Bill are brothers, it's the one they grew up in and they're restoring it. Steves wife was there & Bills friend. We hung out for a while and were going to meet back there for dinner. BBQ chicken~! Yum.I picked up out other friend Kenne, who has been my rock since Martons passing to go up for dinner too.

We had a blast. The 4 grown men played "Manly Croquet" Mind you there was lots of beer and it was hysterical. Then we ate and listened to some music, built a campfire. Steve was even pole dancing (sorta') on his porch. I was originally going to go home for the night but we were having so much fun, and the group of us hadn't hung out and cut loose for a long time, that I stayed all night. I'd probably still be there if not for having to do laundry today for the next week. (laundromat:yuck)

I want it to be yesterday and do it all over!:yes

Dan (Bills friend) is supposed to email me some pictures he took. Then I'll post them here.

I got some shots of the "Manly Croquet"

Here from left tor ight

Kenne, Bill, Steve and Dan.

post-6085-135897682778_thumb.jpg

Dan

post-6085-135897682794_thumb.jpg

Kenne with Bill watching

post-6085-135897682801_thumb.jpg

OH MY! He is adorable! It is amazing how fast the time goes, my gs will be a year next week! I can't believe it's been that long! :hugIt sure does- he's a week old at 5:51 PM today!!!;)

I need to have shelves built for my yarn! I want little cubbies, so that I can see everything that I have! Then again, if BF sees how much I REALLY have he may ring my neck!:lol Enjoy your day!:hug I would love to have all my yarn out on display so I could see what I have- my DD's were teasing me yesterday about how much yarn I have :lol I explained that I want to make sure that I never ever run out!!!;)

Not much going on here. Just going to sit and watch the Giants game and hope that we will beat the Reds today! Can't believe we got Beltran and he has done NOTHING for us as of yet! It appears that we just acquired Cabrera and he's in the line-up today-we need a ss but he is older than I think we need. Oh well! DD and I had the Giants vs Phillies game on Friday night (since the Yankees got rained out) and I thought the same thing- Beltran went 0-4!

DD16 is feeling better after the accident. Just some stiffness in her neck and back still but at least that's all. She's a little jumpy about getting into a car at the moment though but she'll get past it.

Glad to hear that your DD is feeling better- it may take some time before she's comfortable getting into a car, but you're right, she'll get past it:hug

Love the shirt:lol Me too- of course it would have been PERFECT if it was navy blue and white!:lol

JOANNE....want to come yarn shopping at my house? In fact, if you'll let me know what you might like I'll put together a pile for you! Oh, I don't NEED any yarn, Judy!!! But my just drove me to the craft store on the chance that there may be some on clearance:lol

off I go...making meat sauce and pasta today:D

Sound delicious!! We're having chicken! but homemade meat sauce sounds so much better to me.

Oh, yesterday, the two sisters were tending DD's garden and there were green tomatoes- so they looked up a recipe for "Fried Green Tomatoes" and cooked them up- YUMMY is all I can say- they were delicious!!!!

:hug

We are going to call the reverend we wanted and see if he has someone he recomends.

I couldn't stand to be in the house yesterday, so I took a ride up to my friends second house. They go there on weekends to work on the house. Steve & Bill are brothers, it's the one they grew up in and they're restoring it. Steves wife was there & Bills friend. We hung out for a while and were going to meet back there for dinner. BBQ chicken~! Yum.I picked up out other friend Kenne, who has been my rock since Martons passing to go up for dinner too.

We had a blast. The 4 grown men played "Manly Croquet" Mind you there was lots of beer and it was hysterical. Then we ate and listened to some music, built a campfire. Steve was even pole dancing (sorta') on his porch. I was originally going to go home for the night but we were having so much fun, and the group of us hadn't hung out and cut loose for a long time, that I stayed all night. I'd probably still be there if not for having to do laundry today for the next week. (laundromat:yuck)

Dan (Bills friend) is supposed to email me some pictures he took. Then I'll post them here.

Here from left tor ight

[ATTACH]43039[/ATTACH]

Dan

[ATTACH]43040[/ATTACH]

Kenne with Bill watching

[ATTACH]43042[/ATTACH]

I'm so happy that you let loose and had a good time yesterday!!!!:) Sounds like it was just what you needed!!!!:hug

I need to have shelves built for my yarn! I want little cubbies, so that I can see everything that I have! Then again, if BF sees how much I REALLY have he may ring my neck!:lol Enjoy your day!:hug

I'm with you on wanting to see just what I really have and don't have.

Hope she's feeling all better soon. It's normal to be jumpy after an accident for a while whether you are the driver or passenger.

That sounds like a great idea.

Here from left tor ight

[ATTACH]43039[/ATTACH]

Dan

[ATTACH]43040[/ATTACH]

Kenne with Bill watching

[ATTACH]43042[/ATTACH]

The food sounds yummy and so does the fun you all had. Sounds like just what you needed. :hug :hug :hug :hug

I've done my running of errands now. Ewww!!! It is way too hot out. Bought some pretty bright yellow yarn at Big Lots that will look very sharp when put with aran for preemie hats and afghans. Also picked up 4 books for 50 cents each and 4 movies for $3 each. If the books don't turn out to be good I'll take them to the used book store and get a lot more in credit than what I paid for them. :lol If they're good, I'll get a good read and then still turn them in for way more than I paid for them. A win/win situation any way you look at it.

Changed out their bedding and have one load of wash ready to be folded and put away now. Also need to run the vaccuum. Then I think the house is pretty much ready for their return.

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Afternoon¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Well.... I'm feeling better today. Had my day of cry missing my daddy and being selfish and wanting him back... to now just back to missing him but being thankful to have had him!

Its amazing what you get done when you're upset. Michael & Davids room looks so much better! The boys all slept in clean/fresh rooms! :yay

Next weekend its another room! Man I tell ya... I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.... :D

I sat last night and got alot of crocheting done after all was settled in for the night!

I finished this baby set for a friend. Notice the SBT :hook OH......... and this set is technically a Stash Buster! No new yarn was bought!

Colors didnt show as well as I had hoped in this shot... but its all good.

I used RHSS Pale Yellow & Monet

Stash Buster Tote ~ Granny'ghan ~ bottle cozy ~ quick pack wipe/diaper pouch

post-18634-135897682858_thumb.jpg

Hi Tam

Sounds like yesterday was a half good half bad day . So happy your husband got unhooked from all his wires, etc. I bet he is so glad to have them taken off .Continued health and great checkups being sent your way .

That sounds so very hard for you for you missing your dad,but maybe your husband had a good idea: Remembering your dad each year with a piece of cake to remember all the birthdays you had with him and good memories .

Also, I am amozed that when life gets you down, you can funnel all that into charity projects for others . You really do teach me a lot about life .

:manyheart

Cindy

Wow ,be careful on them steps ! That last step always seems to be the troublemaker. You think you are at the bottom, but the floor isnt under your feet yet !

Glad you werent injured any more severely !

Linda

It sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying your time off and doing lots of fun stuff,and eating lots of good sounding food !

Great job on all your charity items !

Wrennie

Sorry things have been so hard lately. We each take different lengths of time to handle these occasions, so dont feel that nobody cares or you dont matter, because you do .:yes

I hope you get all the legal stuff sorted. It might make your mind rest a little easier to have that done . I hope you can plan your service as you want to .

Hi Miss Jude

Still in a bit of a crochet slump, or working on something new ? I havent been keeping up very well .

Joanne

May I just say one word about the pic ?

PRECIOUS !!!!

Toni

Good luck with the new computer setup. You'll soon get the hang of it and be typing right along as before .

I know what the situation is like with your girl. I have had both types of mammogram answers come back,with biopsies to follow. VERY scarey ... maybe one of the scariest times ever . Try to keep positive thoughts if you can and hope the wait is over quickly for the answers . THAT was the worst part , waiting to hear the answer .

Hi Mary

Keep your chin up ! Hope everything settles down for you soon ,and also that you dont have to attend jury duty .

It's ok if you cant post often ! Drop in when you can .

Jude

Was gonna say I'd drop in for supper,but I think I'm a little late. Sounds TASTY !!!

Trish

Sorry about the car wreck with your girl,but glad she wasnt hurt any worse. Those are scarey !!!

As for reports from Hillbilly Village :

This past weekend was our town's festival and parade .We didnt go to either,because after going to 52 of them, they kinda become boring and predictable.

I DID go to the town yard sales and hit the book jackpot ! My gosh, I have so many books now it's not even funny ! All in good shape and great buys.

Also, Sam kinda put his foot in his mouth. He knows I LOVE purses. SO, he comes home from work telling me about his coworker who did nothing all day but talk about her new purse,which has reversible covers on it. I had never heard of such a thing,so found their web page online. they are called Reverse A Purse ,and have many sizes of purses as the BASE,then you can buy multiple covers which are reversible .SO, I do their store locator thingie,and they have them in the gift shop next town over.

SO, to make a long story short, I got the purse and one cover ,then went back the next day and got 2 more (covers are on sale right now).

I MAY even go back this week to get a couple more. That way if you get sick of one purse,WaLa !!! Flip the cover inside out and you have a whole new look .

Steph also sent me a link for a toddler hat that looks like a cupcake, begging me to make one for her little girl,so I went to get the stuff to make it. Figured I could work with yarn long enough to pull off a tiny hat. It turned out pretty cute, I think .Will post a pic shortly .

The pic she sent me had no pattern,so I found 2 online and kinda combined the 2,She wanted the cherries added with the curly vine doodads .

So here, it is !

post-144-135897682868_thumb.jpg

Jules..the hat is adorable!!!!! Yay to you for making it:c9

I'm puttering with stash...making squares, nothing big. i'm also working on getting donated squares for my charity ghans organized. The ones for military families who had family killed in action. Like Phyllis, who also assembles thes, I took a bit of a break for a while.

Tam, I adore your baby set!

Linda, kuddos on the haul!

Hugs to Toni, Cindy, Marisa, Cheeria, Tab, Trish...and everyone:manyheart

'nite all.

Archived