Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Marisa, I hope you rest your brain tonight.

When DS started his own practice about 7 years ago there were a lot of things he had to learn ...and some the hard way. Being "attached" to The WOW gyms and basically being a tennant of the coproration has its pluses and minuses - to me, anyway. He seems to like the environment, though.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tab

I'd check in with an employment agency ahead of time,since the school doesnt offer placement.You will have to give the agencyt some of your paycheck for a time, but at least you will have a job in the field you chose. You are very smart and have done wel in your classes so I think you will be able to find something .

I liked your pig answer -- I dont hardly think you eat as much as a pig, or look like a pig, but you are funny !!!

Hang in there and dont get discouraged. I know it's hard,but if you keep on fighting,and keep on dropping in here,we will all be your backup people. We're getting a pretty doggone big group of people now, so you have a small army behind you .

Thanks Julie! I am trying & I hope that my new block of classes brings something different and bring excitement back into it. And I will definitely be looking for someone to help me. :yes

The pig was funny.....but so true. :lol

Here I am again, finished my workout, took my shower and eating the last little bowl of leftover soup :drool I'm sad it's gone now :(:lol I'm trying to decide what I'd like to do next :think Probably just sit here at the computer doing some research, so I'll be popping in and out for a while yet.

Tab - :yay for Jaden getting his trophy

Toni - Thanks for the WM lesson :hug It sounds like you've got the hard part covered.....the mental preparation :wink Keep working on that immune system so you can get your surgery and I have a feeling your sewing machine won't know what hit her :lol

Thank you Marisa...he was excited. How have you been? :manyheart

Miss Tabby! Yay for that A and for looking forward to your new classes.:cheer As far as the coding thing...I know just a little about that from a close friend who does insurance work. She was able to have some "hands-on training" at her place of work. It sounds like you'll have a wonderful background for several job descriptions. :yes Tell Jaden we're all very excited about his trophy!

Judy ~ I'm so glad you're feeling better! What are you working on now? Did you make a final decision on the baby ghan for your neighbor? :c9

Kiyo ~ Aree is so very cute! Wow, what a long drive - I hope you're able to take it easy today. :manyheart Years ago, DH managed a food distribution company and would quite often have to make a emergency delivery out of state if all the trucks were through with their routes...lots of long nights!

Shannon ~ Yay for the great progress on your afghan. :clap Thank goodness your rash is better and that you discovered what caused it!

Linda ~ LOVE the picture of you and Princess! I hope you're enjoying a "you" day today.

Marlene ~ Congratulations on the new trailer! How is the PT coming along? The menus you tell us about always sound delicious!

Marisa ~ Have you set a date for your move to Pittsburgh? That is very exciting! Sorry about the tire, but I'm glad it's all fixed now.

Hi to those I've missed. :manyheart

When Luke wakes up, DH and I are taking he and Gracie for a walk. It's in the mid 70's and cloudy...perfect for being outside! Have a good afternoon, everyone.

Hi Mary! Thanks for the encouragement....I was hoping to work from home due to my social anxiety, but after going through this class I figured I may have to get an on the job training & work at being at home.

Hope you had a nice walk with Luke, DH, & Gracie. :manyheart

Had a busy day- out and about- DH was antsy- so off we went! Glad to be home, dinner done and finally sitting down!

Mary- (with Luke) You are too funny- How can we call you Old Mary?? Glad you are enjoying the time with Luke.

Mary (FrLopLady)- We had a rabbit growing up - Whitney- she was a New Zealand white rabbit- Actually my brother was the one who claimed ownership and took care of her.

Toni- That was very interesting about the WM- I hope your immune system builds itself up so you can get the surgery.

Marisa- I would definitely wait to use the coupon- 5.00 or so is one thing- 30.00 is quite another!!!! Good thing you stopped and had the nail taken out of your tire!

Forgot to mention that yesterday morning on my way to paradise, at the light right around the corner from work, I hit some black ice and hit a car in front of me. Luckily no damage to his car (since I was going really slow) but of course there is small amt of damage to my car. It was so wierd since it was warm out, but as soon as I stepped out of my car, I almost fell- so don't know if there was ice and or some oily type stuff. I know I'm lucky and it could have been worse, and was glad that when he looked at his car and saw no damage, he went on his merry way. I didn't really have a good chance to look at it closely till today. Looks like I'll be forking over some $ to get some body work done on the hood.

Got home and I had a summons for jury duty on 3/28. Like DH said, well, you get a day off work!

Hope you all had a good day!!!

Tab- Alot of time with employment agencies- you just tell them up front that you are only interested in jobs where the employer pays the agency fees. So that way you don't owe them anything.

Judy- Funny that DS is "attached" to WOW gyms- I belong to the WOW gym- and really should start getting there more than once every week or 10 days! Good luck on convincing DH to get a 2nd dog!

Marisa- I'm sure your brain must be exhausted- Glad to hear you are going to give it a rest. How exciting to be starting your own practice and moving near your sister!!!

Toni- Glad you like it here- I do too- it is a very warm HOME!!!!

FrLopLady~

Mary Y - around here before they built the pet adoption center, animals were dropped off. I even had a response to something in the paper about not renewing the ASPCA contract with the county an the poor animals dropped off published.

I love animals, I wanted to be a vet when I was young and this old house I live in, a vet used to live and have his busness in, so it's just kharma that I live here. All that I've kept, I've had spayed or neutered, my neighbor down a ways has also taken in throw away animals and hers are all spayed and neutered.

It is a soap box thing for me, if you have animals, they aren't show animals, have them spayed and neutered. Problem solved, no unwanted babies. Don't just throw them away. I can't tell you how many the neighbor and I have taken in and found homes for.

Getting off soapbox now :lol

I totally agree! Years ago, we were taking care and giving shots to 7 dogs that people had dumped near our house in the country. We didn't have much money, but our vet spayed and neutered them pro bono and gave us a discount. We had two dogs of our own...and eventually found homes for all but one of the seven. Her name was Liza and we had her for 8 more years. :manyheart

FrLopLady~ I have a bunny and her name is Mary Jane. I hate the thought of eating her. But I do understand that other people do eat & sell rabbit meat. :( Maybe you can help me......I need to cut her nails badly but I am scared.....is it like cat nails & just cut the tip. Hers are really long so i'm not sure what to cut. Oh and she is lovable as far as attention & petting but hates to be picked up so how can I get to these nails? Any advice? I love the fish picture....just beautiful!! We go to the local cemetary alot during the summer & feed their fish in the pond....I think there goldfish but they are really pretty. :manyheart

What color are bunny's nails? If they are white you can easily see the quick and cut up to it. How big is Mary Jane? You can safely cut down to 1/4 to 1/2 inch of her toe if they are really long and probably closer to 1/4 inch. To do it turn her over and have someone hold her and you can use a kitty or people toenail cutter to clip them. A good cat/small dog toenail cutter is of great value in trimming.

Marisa ~ It must be so exciting, but also a little overwhelming! You'll do just fine with some legal advice and planning. :yes Good for you for starting your own business!

Judy ~ Gee, can you cram any more into your schedule? :lol I loved the picture of the RR - the bright colors are so "happy."

Tabby ~ Aww, Jaden is such a cutie. Thanks for sharing!

Cindy ~ Hi! I hope you're enjoying your weekend after some 12 hour work days. :)

Luke is fast asleep and DH is grilling a steak for dinner. We had a long walk and saw a few neighbors who hadn't met Luke...he grins at everybody. :lol

Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

Tab, the pictures of Jayden are wonderful! What a cutie.

When I was raising my grandson, took him to Tai Kwon Do. Was always so proud when he won a trophy or got the next level belt. Those were good days :)

Joanne, I sure am glad you didn't fall and the accident wasn't worse! Bad enough to have one because of the black ice, but glad you weren't hurt and the guy went merrily on his way.

Well, I'm out of here for the night. Furples are out for last call. I have to finish up the turtle tapester and was just asked to make a frog and snail one. I'll be busy.

Have a good night everyone!

I'm heading upstairs, going to read a few pages before giving in to the sandman :lol I started a sock for my sister....I think she was a little jealous of the boys getting socks to match their xmas afghans and since she got an afghan too....... :lol Too funny, but she'll be surprised when she actually gets them. I'm making them a bit more fun :D

Judy - Thanks for the encouragement :hug :hug :hug I've never heard of WOW gyms, we don't have them here.

Joanne - I'm glad your accident wasn't any worse and that the other guy just kept on going :whew You leave for work really early so it could've been some black ice from over night that didn't get a chance to thaw yet :think

I had something else to say, but just can't remember now :think Oh well, maybe it'll come to me in my dreams and I can say it in the morning :lol

Hi ladies

Looks like I'm bringing up the rear tonite. Fell asleep in my chair on and off all evening. A regular Saturday night in the most exciting town in the state ....

Tab

Thanks for the photos ! Love looking at the team photos of these boys. Reminds me of our boy's better days.

Mary and Mary

How about if we call you Mary1 and Mary 2,since we don't want to call either of you OLD Mary or YOUNG Mary .

** Mary One, I think you would find that a little bit of a funny name if you stop to think of your entire name !!!

So we will just call you by the order you joined the House. That'll keep it clear enough to remember I think !

So Mary 2 & Toni

I'm very proud of you guys for your beginning time in the House . You both just jumped right on in here and posted away right along with everyone else!

You did great,and see how easy it is,and I think everyone jumped right in and made you feel part of the group . This is such a fine group of ladies. Very proud of each and every one !

I'm outta here for the night. Too much action here in MY house .Wears me out with all this SNORING .

Doggone, what an exciting life I live .

See you all tomorrow.

Getting ready to head upstairs- and it's already tomorrow!!!:lol I finished the baby nine-patch from Lb site- and I'll post pics in the morning when the lighting is better. I hope stepdaughter likes it! I added a row of SC to each square before joining and I like the way it looks better than the way the pattern had it- there was no border around each square.

I'm so glad that Mary 2 and Toni have joined the house. It's so much fun getting to meet and make new friends!!!

sweet dreams everyone :c9

Morning all

I guess I'm the Alarm Clock this morning,but I will let you all sleep in and I will try to be quiet .

Joanne

We will be excited to see the babyghan today .

Nothing much at all to report here ,so I will just reach in and pull out my question of the day :

What is the best piece of advice you have ever received in your life ?:think

Mary and Mary

How about if we call you Mary1 and Mary 2,since we don't want to call either of you OLD Mary or YOUNG Mary .

** Mary One, I think you would find that a little bit of a funny name if you stop to think of your entire name !!!

So we will just call you by the order you joined the House. That'll keep it clear enough to remember I think !

:lol I never thought of that, Julie! :lol I will be honored to be called Mary 1. :D

Luke just woke up, so I will see you all later this morning.

Morning Mary 1 and Shannon

Mary- enjoy your day with Luke .

Shannon - I agree if you dont have any customers, you may as well be allowed to crochet .

Back in the caveman days when I worked at the hospital 3rd shift, all the nurses used to do crafts when there was nothing else that needed done. If we had a quiet night and patients were all ok and sleeping,we'd have long breaks between times we needed to go do our hourly checkins, or if call bells rang.

It was a small hospital,and we didnt have very many gravely ill people on our floor .

Most nurses crocheted ....back then counted cross stitch was also very popular so lots of them did that .

Good morning!!!

I've been up for a bit, but decided to read some mags that I picked up at Borders yesterday for 40% off (alas, the Borders in Freehold is one of the stores that is closing)

Here's a pic of the babyghan for my step grandson due in July- (forgot to add it here -it's in the next post- I'd better have another cup of coffee:lol) DH will be mailing it out Tuesday with a few other little things that we picked up.

Shannon- That IS a LONG night when you only have 6 tables over an 8 hour period. You should definitely be able to crochet or something when it is that slow.

Mary 1- Have fun with Luke again today- you are so lucky that you are spending so much time with him.

Big sale at Michael's- plus 25% off coupon purchase price including sale items. (I had gotten it in the store last week) I think the one on the web is 20% off (still a good deal)

The coupon I have is for today and tomorrow, the 20% off is good tomorrow only I believe- But, in any event, MARISA- Charisma is on sale 2/5 so with the coupon you are going to save boatloads of cash!!

I think I'm going to make a nice breakfast and surprise DH! (And trust me, he WILL be surprised)

Question of the Day- Best piece of advice I was ever given---Treat everyone the way you want to be treated. Also be true to yourself.

Have a great day everyone- I'll BBL!

Good Morning, peeps!

Forgot to mention that yesterday morning on my way to paradise, at the light right around the corner from work, I hit some black ice and hit a car in front of me. Luckily no damage to his car (since I was going really slow) but of course there is small amt of damage to my car. It was so wierd since it was warm out, but as soon as I stepped out of my car, I almost fell- so don't know if there was ice and or some oily type stuff. I know I'm lucky and it could have been worse, and was glad that when he looked at his car and saw no damage, he went on his merry way. I didn't really have a good chance to look at it closely till today. Looks like I'll be forking over some $ to get some body work done on the hood.

Wow...tg you weren't hurt!

Got home and I had a summons for jury duty on 3/28. Like DH said, well, you get a day off work!

I only got a summons for that when DS was ababy - so never had to go since I had noone to care for him. I would like to go just to see what it's like. Phil served on a civil case a couple of years ago...a waste, since the parties involved settled just before deliberation.

Here is Jaden with his team & one with his trophy when we were waiting for Grandpa to come pick us up. :manyheart

Adorable! He must have been ecstatic!:)

Judy ~ Gee, can you cram any more into your schedule? :lol I loved the picture of the RR - the bright colors are so "happy."

I get bored easily:lol:lol:lol:lol

Just checking in after a loooooong night at work. I think I had 6 whole tables during my 8-hour shift.

I still think the boss should let me crochet when it gets like that.

I think so, too:yes

Pic of the babyghan

That came out so much better with a border than the way they had the pattern! Great job:clap

Archived