Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Joanne

I told Sam what today's question was,and he asked what animal I would pick for HIM to be. I also chose a sheep for him. I told him he'd be one of the oldest ones ,who was sometimes a little grumpy .He asked why a sheep,and I said because he doesn't like being noticed but would rather remian as a part of the "herd",and not stand out in a crowd .

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Marlene

Good to hear from you. I bet you guys have bee busy this week ! Now is the trailer one that you will leave there ,or bring home with you ? I dont remember if you said it was a pull trailer or house type trailer. Hope you soon have it fixed up like you want it and have more spare time .

Your dinner today sounds good !

Glad you stopped in Marlene- sounds like a busy week- have fun with your new trailer

Julie- My oldest DD used to do plays in HS and college- and it really is a nice night out- There are several community theatres here in NJ, but I always forget to check to see which plays are on. This particular one is going to do Hairspray in May, so I'd like to go see that.

DH just awoke and since I didn't see him at all yesterday, I think I should go upstairs for a bit.

BBL

FARM ANIMAL QUESTION: I guess I would be a sheep so I could share some of my wool with all the crafters and fiber artists.

I was thinking sheep also, because I'm soft and fluffy, and I can make a lot of noise, but I also know when to be quiet.

Good morning everyone. Not sure what I'm doing today. It's supposed to be colder here today, but sunny, so I might go for a walk. A winter storm is coming tomorrow, I hear.

Marlene, sounds like you and dh have been very busy. Are you all settled into the new trailer?

Joanne, I haven't been to a play in a few years, but I always enjoyed community theater. The last few plays I've gone to have been university drama class productions. They used a mix of professional and student actors, so they were very well done. I've also seen some high school plays that were very good. Glad you enjoyed your evening.

Wrennie, that's great about the sewing machine. I sew quite a bit, but I tend to do it in spurts. I have two machines and a serger, but I haven't touched them in several weeks. Linda was lucky enough to get a new machine a little while ago, and she is making a gorgeous quilt for a contest at the moment.

Marisa, hope Michaels has what you need. Have a good day. Are you visiting your parents this weekend?

Julie, sorry you got trumped by "the undertaker"!!

Good morning, peeps!

Winter is back...:P

Jules, I like that Cam feels secure in your love that he told you he wanted to go back home to watch the Undertaker:D

The pond is 13,000+ gallons..small swimming pool :D I attached a pic of some of the fish..not the best picture and early spring when the water wasn't clear yet.

Pic of grand kids :cheer Ariana is 5 and Wyatt is 3.

Rabbits...I show rabbits as well as use them for meat. I sell ground meat as raw food for cats and dogs.

Angora rabbits is where angora wool comes from :yes

yeah I have a turtle too a RES and his name is Tommy. 2 spoiled rotten cats Stash and Felix. 2 dogs Amos and Moose...uh..Moose is a Toy Fox Terrier and weighs about 5lbs :lol

Sounds like my kind of place...except for eating rabbit meat...if I give animals a name...that's it....:P

Adorable grandkids:c9

ah! but what you don't know is Wyatt was there in the picture under duress. He really didn't want anything to do with having his picture taken, but big sister grabbed him and I snapped fast :lol

Maybe the pics below might be more familiar? :lol He was having a blast in that puddle..until his pants started to fall down :rofl

Now THAT's a realy boy:lol:lol:lol:lol

If you had to describe your personality in terms of a farm animal,which one would you choose ?

This one was REALLY easy for me . A Donkey .

I am not the prettiest animal in the barnyard .

When I make a noise,everyone usually hears me,whether they want to or not .

I am stubborn and bullheaded .

And I often make an *** out of myself.

A border collie...herding the livestock.

I;m a control freak:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

BBL!!

Morning everyone!

The sun is shining today and it promises to be a nice one. I have crocus blooming and daffy's have buds, forsythia is looking like it's enjoying the warmer weather, so I'm thinking they are fooled, like me, in believing spring is here in February.

Mary - Ariana and Wyatt are just absolutely precious. I especially like the one of Wyatt and the puddle. Reminds me of when I was raising my grandson.

Julie, yes, I'm into racing and have been for more years than I can remember. Truck, Nationwide, Cup, I :heart racing.

I also sew. Haven't done much of that since I got sick and lost sight in my one eye, but sure plan on getting back to it after they are able to do the surgery to restore my sight. My sewing machine keeps calling my name and I do have several quilt WIP's, a tote kit that was sent as a gift to make, and a pair of John Deer sleep pants to make for my youngest daughter. She :heart anything John Deer and has Big Green Tractor on her phone as a wake up alarm :lol

Farm animal I would be....:think. Okay, I guess I'd have to say a cow. Contented with who I am and where I am in life.

Off to get another cup of coffee and figure out what is on the agenda for today. I'm so limited in what I'm allowed to do, can't drive right now to get to store, guess that means I'll crochet. I'll have to take a picture to share of my crochet setup. You really do learn how to compensate for not having money to buy things and using what you have on hand to make it easier :lol

On the Farm animal question, I look no further than my horoscope signs (Chinese and otherwise...) I'm a Taurus, the Bull and in Chinese, I'm a pig/boar...I fit both of these to a tee according to their descriptions. I can be laid back, and somewhat slow to anger, but once angry, I come charging...that's the Taurus side, and on the pig side, relatively smart, happy, like to eat...and yeah, like sheep, I'm fluffy...

Hi to the newcombers...to Wrennie, I sew too...my sewing's been mainly for curtains and napkins and stuff for the house, but I make clothes, and toys too...but the Crochet gods have totally kidnapped me for a long while now...

Went to the yarn shop last night with another cousin. It was really odd last night. Last month when I took her mom to the event, the place was PACKED...I mean, people were waiting for chairs...last night, I don't think the place was half full and for the yarn on the once a month, Friday night gathering, that was a first! We still had fun though. So I think I've roped in 4 family members (all from the same family, my aunt, her daughter, and her two daughters...) I'm doing my best to promote crocheting and that particular shop.

Up early and don't want to be, but Serenghetti is brutal at 4:30 in the morning. It's 6:00 a.m. now.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Good Morning, Ladies. :) I just figured out the changes...and need to read about 120 posts. :lol

Amy, thank you for keeping Our House in order! :manyheart

:welcomeWelcome to those who have jumped in lately! It's so much fun to have new "faces"...we're glad you're here. :2hug

I will try and catch up with everyone today. :yes Luke is on his way now and will only be here til tomorrow. DD ended up staying in town because one of her closest friends is in the hospital. I stayed with him all day yesterday and can't wait to have him here today! :c9

Well ladies, it's now afternoon....I leave for just a few hours and come back to 3 pages of posts :clap

During my half hour ride to my appt, my 'check tire pressure' light came on and I just put air in it on thursday night after work :( So after work, I pulled up the nearest nissan dealer to have it checked and of course there was a nail, so they fixed it for me :yay Then I went to Michael's out that way and they had a much better selection there than the one by me. Tomorrow after the car wash, I'll swing past the closer one again just to see if they got a shipment from last week before driving back over the other after work on monday if I don't have to :think Then I looked up the nearest Barnes and Noble to check out any in-store specials with the nook, but didn't get anything. However, stood in the magazine section for at least a half hour paging through crochet and knit ones looking for something to grab me, which nothing did :eek I guess it's not meant to be since I already have so many other things to get to :think:lol Now back here :D

Julie - I am impatient!! I sooo want it now! But, it makes a big difference since I did the math to see if I'd be willing to give in and if I got it today would spend about $60 on what I want and the amount I need, but if I wait til monday.....I'm down to just under $30!!! :yay That's too huge of a difference for me to give in so am forcing myself to hold off until monday. Not to mention, I already have other projects in the works to keep me busy :yes

Wrennie - That's nice your friend gave you her sewing machine. I just got one a couple months ago from my mom's cousin. She had an extra one since her mom passed last year (was elderly and had a good life) and must have mentioned it to my mom one day in conversation and my mom knew that I wanted one but wouldn't buy one so she brought it over for me :clap I haven't used it yet, but am planning to pull it out probably tomorrow to sew up a small lining for a crochet hook case for my sister and also want to sew up a piece of fabric to put into a basket :think

Joanne - I'm glad you enjoyed the show, I've never heard of curtains....what was the storyline about?

Marlene - :yay on the new trailer

Cindy - I thought about going home since my mom's in Phoenix and pop's there alone, but decided against it since I was just there 2 weeks ago, saw them last week, and am going home next weekend to celebrate my dad's 'no birthday' He's a leap year baby :lol I know my mom has the fridge stocked for him, to the point where he said he's going to put some in the freezer because there's no way he could eat it all and doesn't want to have to throw any away :lol

Judy - Control freak, huh?! I can say that I really don't see that about you :think You seem a little more laid back to me :yes

Toni - I think I also hear your sewing machine calling to you :think:lol May I asked what happened that you lost vision in one eye? If you prefer not to answer, don't feel obligated :hug My mom is going to lose hers in one eye as well and it's almost just a waiting game for her retina to completely detach in there, it's already started. She's always had eye trouble and has had surgery on both, once long ago around the time I was born and again just a couple years ago.

LeAnna - I didn't even think of my Chinese sign :think In that case, I'm a sheep like many others here have chosen :yes After reading the description on the zodiac page....it's totally me :yes

Mary - Enjoy Luke, as I very well know you will :hug

Antoher 2 threads to go and then upstairs to workout :D

Tab-

Thanks for jumping in. I know it's hard ...keep on trying if you can.It gets easier if you make it a daily routine,then you miss it if you dont stop in !

When are your classes actually finished ,and is this school one that helps the graduates find a job ? I know some of them actually do that, they help with placing you in a job, making up your resume to pass out , etc... so dont give up before you even try ! Maybe you could scout around ahead of time to see what is out there to get your foot in the door .

Uh no, they do not help & I really wish I would have checked into that better.....a very expensive school they should atleast help.

If you could bring back one deceased famous person ,to make one final performance that you got to see ( singer, actor, sports person) ,who would you choose ?

I think I'd have to have a 2-person answer : The Beatles ,when they appeared on Ed Sullivan way back in the early 60's . I remember seeing it on tv,but was really young. Would like to be one of those screaming girls out in the audience ! :D

Jerry Garcia from Grateful Dead....I wanted to go to their concert so bad at 15, but my parents said they know what that concert would be like so I had to wait until 16 & he passed shortly before my 16th bday. :( They robbed me. :P

If you had to describe your personality in terms of a farm animal,which one would you choose ?

This one was REALLY easy for me . A Donkey .

I am not the prettiest animal in the barnyard .

When I make a noise,everyone usually hears me,whether they want to or not .

I am stubborn and bullheaded .

And I often make an *** out of myself.

A pig....because I like to eat and it shows & I do not mind getting dirty. :D

Hello.

Welcome to all of the new members. :manyheart

Kiyo~Beautiful pictures! I can imagine myself there right now. *daydreams* Have a safe trip!

It was so beautiful here yesterday about 60 degrees, but today it is snowing a little, cold, & really windy.....blowing things apart windy. ICK!

FrLopLady~ I have a bunny and her name is Mary Jane. I hate the thought of eating her. But I do understand that other people do eat & sell rabbit meat. :( Maybe you can help me......I need to cut her nails badly but I am scared.....is it like cat nails & just cut the tip. Hers are really long so i'm not sure what to cut. Oh and she is lovable as far as attention & petting but hates to be picked up so how can I get to these nails? Any advice? I love the fish picture....just beautiful!! We go to the local cemetary alot during the summer & feed their fish in the pond....I think there goldfish but they are really pretty. :manyheart

Jaden had his last basketball game today & he received his trophy......he was so proud. :c9 I love watching him play he is so funny; he ducks and covers his head. :lol I must say I am glad to have it over though because it was really exhausting getting up at 7 a.m. after not getting to bed until after 3 a.m. I NEED MY SLEEP otherwise momma is not happy which means no one is happy. :devil I shouldn't complain poor Hubby is on his 6th day straight tonight and his job is hard physical labor mixed with wet & cold.

Toni - I think I also hear your sewing machine calling to you :think:lol May I asked what happened that you lost vision in one eye? If you prefer not to answer, don't feel obligated :hug

I hadn't been feeling well for a while. Right after Thanksgiving it got bad enough to go to doctor. Thought it was a heart problem and so did the cardiologist.

While waiting to have blood drawn before the heart cath the next morning, I went blind in the one eye in 5 minutes. They did the heart cath and told us that there was something wrong with my blood and I was extremely enemic and need to see a hemotologist/oncologist. Gave me two units of blood and sent me home.

Went to the next doctor, he sent me to hospital for two more units of blood and couldn't tell me about my eye problem, at that time. Took bone marrow biopsy and in meantime, noticed something in my blood work. Thank God he had seen and treated this before.

Long story short, wound up in hospital week before Christmas with them doing some lifesaving plasma exchanges. My blood had gotten so thick it couln't get through the vessels in my eyes. And, I have a very rare form of blood cancer, Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia (WM). It can be treated, not cured. So, like wrinkles and gray hair, it's a part of who I am and I own it, it is what I've been given.

They will be able to do the eye surgery once my immune system is built back up and my oncologist gives okay. I should regain my full sight then :yay

Tab

I'd check in with an employment agency ahead of time,since the school doesnt offer placement.You will have to give the agencyt some of your paycheck for a time, but at least you will have a job in the field you chose. You are very smart and have done wel in your classes so I think you will be able to find something .

I liked your pig answer -- I dont hardly think you eat as much as a pig, or look like a pig, but you are funny !!!

Hang in there and dont get discouraged. I know it's hard,but if you keep on fighting,and keep on dropping in here,we will all be your backup people. We're getting a pretty doggone big group of people now, so you have a small army behind you .

Hi there Miss Mary !!!

Marisa

I dont blame you on the yarn. I am impatient,but also like to get a bargain,so for half price, I'd wait too ,especially since you have other things to work on til then .

Toni

Sorry to hear of your health problems,and sure hope they can get you to feeling better .

I wish you luck,and strength to fight so you can get your body built back up til you can feel better again . We are lucky they have so many good docs out there now that know how to help us ,arent we ?

The pond is 13,000+ gallons..small swimming pool :D I attached a pic of some of the fish..not the best picture and early spring when the water wasn't clear yet.

Pic of grand kids :cheer Ariana is 5 and Wyatt is 3.

Rabbits...I show rabbits as well as use them for meat. I sell ground meat as raw food for cats and dogs.

Angora rabbits is where angora wool comes from :yes

yeah I have a turtle too a RES and his name is Tommy. 2 spoiled rotten cats Stash and Felix. 2 dogs Amos and Moose...uh..Moose is a Toy Fox Terrier and weighs about 5lbs :lol

Love the fact that Moose is so little. Cute pictures of the grandkids. And beautiful koi.

ah! but what you don't know is Wyatt was there in the picture under duress. He really didn't want anything to do with having his picture taken, but big sister grabbed him and I snapped fast :lol

Maybe the pics below might be more familiar? :lol He was having a blast in that puddle..until his pants started to fall down :rofl

What is it with little boys and mud puddles? My son was like that too.

Good afternoon, housefamily. I was a lot more tired than I realized. Slept a looooong time last night. Think I'm just going to take it easy today. Take care. :hug

Here I am again, finished my workout, took my shower and eating the last little bowl of leftover soup :drool I'm sad it's gone now :(:lol I'm trying to decide what I'd like to do next :think Probably just sit here at the computer doing some research, so I'll be popping in and out for a while yet.

Tab - :yay for Jaden getting his trophy

Toni - Thanks for the WM lesson :hug It sounds like you've got the hard part covered.....the mental preparation :wink Keep working on that immune system so you can get your surgery and I have a feeling your sewing machine won't know what hit her :lol

Hi again! Little Guy is napping and I should be.

Mary ~ We used to have two Lindas and our Linda was Linda T. How 'bout if everyone calls me "Mary Y." or "Old Mary." :D If I accidentally respond to a post meant for you, just know that I'm always a bit confused anyway. :lol

Your grandkids are adorable! We have one DD and SIL - and a 10 month old grandson named Luke. He is such a joy and we're lucky to live about 20 minutes from them. :)

Toni ~ Another animal lover! Thank you for sharing the pictures. You have such a positive attitude about the WM. :manyheart I hope you'll be able to have the surgery very soon. A flannelghan in lime and navy sounds gorgeous.:hook

Wrennie ~ I've seen your name here at the 'Ville and am so happy you've joined us. Congratulations on the new sewing machine. :clap

I'm slowly getting caught up with you all...and will post more after while. :ghug

FrLopLady~ As far as cutting the bunny's nails, give it a benedryl to make it sleepy and easy to handle or take to vet and let them do it.

Mary Y - around here before they built the pet adoption center, animals were dropped off. I even had a response to something in the paper about not renewing the ASPCA contract with the county an the poor animals dropped off published.

I love animals, I wanted to be a vet when I was young and this old house I live in, a vet used to live and have his busness in, so it's just kharma that I live here. All that I've kept, I've had spayed or neutered, my neighbor down a ways has also taken in throw away animals and hers are all spayed and neutered.

It is a soap box thing for me, if you have animals, they aren't show animals, have them spayed and neutered. Problem solved, no unwanted babies. Don't just throw them away. I can't tell you how many the neighbor and I have taken in and found homes for.

Getting off soapbox now :lol

Marissa, WM is what I've been given in life. I've accepted it and am embracing it ast a part of who I am. It is a part of me, it is not me. I am not defined by it. I am thankful it is not a worse type cancer.

Okay, races are over, finished another strip of the flannelghan, now wondering what I'm going to fix to eat. Already fed all thefurples. Tonight will be working on a turtle tapester and drawstring bag to give my sister as a "gratitude" gift for all she does for my mom and hauling me around and being my support system.

I'll come back later and check in. I think I really am going to :heart being here. Very homey and personal.

Miss Tabby! Yay for that A and for looking forward to your new classes.:cheer As far as the coding thing...I know just a little about that from a close friend who does insurance work. She was able to have some "hands-on training" at her place of work. It sounds like you'll have a wonderful background for several job descriptions. :yes Tell Jaden we're all very excited about his trophy!

Judy ~ I'm so glad you're feeling better! What are you working on now? Did you make a final decision on the baby ghan for your neighbor? :c9

Kiyo ~ Aree is so very cute! Wow, what a long drive - I hope you're able to take it easy today. :manyheart Years ago, DH managed a food distribution company and would quite often have to make a emergency delivery out of state if all the trucks were through with their routes...lots of long nights!

Shannon ~ Yay for the great progress on your afghan. :clap Thank goodness your rash is better and that you discovered what caused it!

Linda ~ LOVE the picture of you and Princess! I hope you're enjoying a "you" day today.

Marlene ~ Congratulations on the new trailer! How is the PT coming along? The menus you tell us about always sound delicious!

Marisa ~ Have you set a date for your move to Pittsburgh? That is very exciting! Sorry about the tire, but I'm glad it's all fixed now.

Hi to those I've missed. :manyheart

When Luke wakes up, DH and I are taking he and Gracie for a walk. It's in the mid 70's and cloudy...perfect for being outside! Have a good afternoon, everyone.

Toni, I love the word "furple" (sp?) that you used:lol:lol:lol

I also like your attitude about your illness. My fav term for glitches I go through is "It is what it is".;) And I'm 62...and LOVE animals...right now am campaigning for a new pup...we love GSDs..and Shelties...we'll see if I can talk hubby into a second dog. Again:lol:lol We've had 2 at a time for 35 years.

Judy - Control freak, huh?! I can say that I really don't see that about you :think You seem a little more laid back to me :yes

You don't live with me:devil

Mary, I decided to give my neighbor the RR made with the Vanna yarn.

I'm making the last of 12 squares for a lapghan- using Homespun stash. I'm also in the doily to ghan CAL and have more heart squares I want to make from the Feb pattern on the Combo thread for another charity ghan.

Oh, trying to read too...

...other than that I'm not doing much:D

Judianne - I'm 65 and have learned over the years a few things, like you can't change yesterday, tomorrow isn't here yet, just worry about today and enjoy the roses.

As for my furples, that's what they are, fur people. A term coined by someone in some group I was in many years ago and it's just "stuck". :lol

I'm in the doilyghan CAL too, as soon as I finish this flannelghan, teapot cover, turtle tapester and turtle amulet bag. I have my pattern for the doilyghan all picked out.

Sure hope you get your new pup! The three I have now are by default. Two throw aways and one daughter left with me and I just love and she loves me. Daughter comes to visit her, occasionally.

Marisa ~ Have you set a date for your move to Pittsburgh? That is very exciting! Sorry about the tire, but I'm glad it's all fixed now.

Hi to those I've missed. :manyheart

When Luke wakes up, DH and I are taking he and Gracie for a walk. It's in the mid 70's and cloudy...perfect for being outside! Have a good afternoon, everyone.

Enjoy your walk!

Well, I'm hoping to open my office Sept just after labor day. Not exactly sure on a move date yet though, which will have to be before that :think I've been sitting here since my last post :eek doing research and feel like I didn't really get anywhere by way of info and filing for a corporation and all that. But in the process, I've researched attorneys and narrowed down to 3, 2 of which have business and healthcare in their specialties. The other one doesn't necessarily specialize in healthcare, but small business and is still in the running because he was recommended by 2 of my classmates from chiro school that use him :think I'm going to give my 3 names/firms to my sister and have her ask around to see who others seem to recommend. Maybe then, I can get some light shed with the corporation stuff. Each time I think I know what's going on, I second guess myself because I don't want to do something wrong and land myself an even bigger headache.

On that note, my brain needs a break and I'm heading to the couch to crochet :yay

Archived