Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi House. :)   My "today list" is taken care of and have a list for tomorrow. Lol 

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.  I'm so thankful for my friends here at the 'Ville and for so many other things, too. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning, everyone. :) Sue, DH and Gracie are sleeping in. Almost everything is put away and I'll worry about tablecloths and laundry after Sue leaves tomorrow.  We're going to meet DD to see the progress on their new house and then have lunch.  Today is Sarah's birthday.

I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! :manyheart

Hi ladies. Wow, I'm tired! I must be getting too old for this much busyness

We had a great Thankksgiving. Ds's smoked turkey was very tasty.

Yesterday was a busy day and then this morning I got up early and went out to breakfast and shopping with my daughters. I didn't buy much and we were late enough that the crowds were already dying down. But it was still quite busy and lines were still pretty long. One of my DDs got a really nice vacuum cleaner for half price. I have to work this weekend so I think by Monday, I will be ready to crash. Another dinner from the freezer coming up tonight.

Dh has a bad cold and he's dragging. He's got a huge backlog of work so he has been working despite feeling crappy. I told him to take the weekend off but I don't think he will.

Good morning ladies :hi

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

We had help moving my parents furniture in on Tuesday.  Troy and Bean (Steph's bf) came to help, as well as another friend of Steph's along with his teenage son.  So, I was spared for the most part only needing to do lighter stuff :)  They did bring the piano to the office, but I haven't played for the turtles yet ;)  lol.  All joking aside though, we had a few dogs while growing up with the last being a Rottweiler and boy she LOVED when I played.  Granted I don't play that well because I can't sight read the music.  I have to kind of rash out the music ahead of time, work on putting it together and then almost memorize the piece.  From there I can sight read to keep on track...it's kind of weird actually.  I can sight read for the violin a bit better.  I've really only ever fooled around with the piano, but have always enjoyed it.  Anyways, Medusa was the Rottweiler, and it didn't matter how energetic she was acting, if I started played she stopped whatever she was doing and came to lay down right by the piano...it was definitely one way to calm her at times.  I'll have to let you know if the turtles react the same way, although, they are never rambunctious to start with, lol.

Wednesday I worked early and later, so my dad and I made our pumpkin rolls during that time.  We had dinner at Steph's for Thanksgiving, which was quite enjoyable.  This was my and my parents very first Thanksgiving away from Hazleton!  Steph hasn't been back for this holiday since after graduating college, so a long time.  And, she's been hosting since she bought her house about 7-8 years ago. 

Yesterday I lounged for the first half of the day and watched most of Gilmore Girls that Netflix released.  It's 4 - 90 minute episode and I have one left to watch this morning!  In the afternoon we went downtown (me, Troy, mom, dad, Steph, and her friend Rose) to the holiday market, then for dinner, and then to see A Christmas Story The Musical.  It was quite enjoyable and my parents first ever theater experience.

I figured I'd take this moment to check in with you ladies this morning while I had the laptop out :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh, Judy....beautiful Christmas tree bookmarks!

Hi ladies!

Cindy, I went to a wedding yesterday evening - pretty local too - and was exhausted when I got home! I think anything out of our routine does exhaust us as we get older,

Marisa, I loved your story about music calming the savage beast (Medusa...lol). Some animals really love music.It sounds like you're having a great time with your family all around. This time of year for your parents dos settle in was perfect timing! 

And I'm working on the final touches on bookmark #2 - I think it looks much better than the first one...LOL! 

Hi, Mary! It's nice being up when everyone else is asleep. It's rare that I get that time now, but I do enjoy my alone time.

So, I'm hoping to make at least one more tree bookmark. Now that I have two under my belt it goes so much faster!

Later gators, :hug

Hi House. :)   I finally got to catch up on reading posts.  Sue left yesterday about 2 - we had a wonderful time while she was here. Friday turned into a girl's day with Sarah and I haven't laughed so much in ages. ;)

I have 3 Etsy orders to pack up today...that's a lot for me at one time. The last load of laundry is in and I plan to crochet later.  It's official...I'm really tired now. Lol

Will check in later - have a good day, everyone. :manyheart

Hi peeps!

I got a phone call earlier from my goddaughter's mom....my Birthday and Christmas present in one: Lion King tickets on Broadway for Wednesday night!!!!!!!!!!!!! My goddaughter is still in town after her sister's wedding, so its just the three of us!

I'm beside myself with excitement!

Hi everyone. I'm sick, so this will be short. Just a cold, I think, but I feel awful. Just took some Tylenol though, so maybe I will feel better in an hour. Luckily I have the next four days off.

Judy, that's exciting! Have fun.

Mary, congrats on all those Etsy orders.

Have a great day ladies.

'Morning all. :)

Cindy ~ Feel better soon. :manyheart   DH and I both have the sniffles - probably allergies at this point.  I'm glad you have a few days off so you can rest.

Judy ~ How exciting to be going to a Broadway show!  Have you finished the bookmarks?  They are so very pretty. :yes

Marisa ~ Your Thanksgiving week sounds wonderful.  You must be so happy to finally have your parents closer!  My two sisters and I took piano lessons for several years, so someone was always practicing/playing.  We had a Dalmation named Jake who started singing along (or howling Lol) whenever we played.  Finally, sweet Jake was banned to a bedroom or outside during piano time. :lol

Hi to everyone at Our House!

Well, I'm a bit shocked...3 more orders yesterday!  My sales have averaged 1-2 a week overall, so 6 in two days is quite a surprise.  When I started this, I never dreamed I would sell anything. Lol  I needed something to focus on when hubby had to retire because of his vision/health. 

I'll be here all day - Yay!

Good morning. Coughing kept me up half the night but I don't feel any worse. Maybe even a bit better. No headache today, so maybe I can knit some more on my bunny. I guess I will just mostly lay low today and see if that helps. There's nothing that needs to be done urgently.

Mary, wow, 6 sales in two days. That's wonderful! Actually, I think 2 to 3 sales a week is probably good for many Etsy shops. I know if it was me, I'd be okay with that. There are so many shops and so many products. I'm always overwhelmed when I look around there.

I'm really sad about the wildfires in the Smoky Mountains. You ladies know how much I love those Mountains. Last I heard, over 500 acres were burning and the town of Gatlinburg was being asked to evacuate. The area is very dry, about 8 inches below normal rainfall, although there's a good chance of rain over the next few days which would slow the fires down. It's also quite windy there which caused the fire to spread.

Well, coffee is ready....have a great day. I will check in again later.

Hi, peeps.

Cindy I thought of you when I saw pics of the fires! I know how you love that area. :hug

Mary, WTG, saleslady!

I'm finishing another bookmark - I can't seem to stop making them...lol!

Have to dash!

Later, gators :ghug

Hello house!

I'm back!  It has been almost a week since I was last able to hop on here and post.  I have been keeping up with all of your posts.

Judy-your teeny tiny crochet hook is smoking!  How fun!  Is your back feeling better?

Marisa-that is so neat that all of your family was able to get together for the holiday.  What a blessing!  How's the unpacking going?

Mary-6 orders in 2 days?  Way to go my friend!  Your shop is fantastic, I love all of your goodies. 

Cindy-how are you feeling?  Have you been able to rest some?  How's MR. Bunny coming along?

We had a great holiday, I was so tired but my family really stepped in to save the day.  They all helped with the cooking/cleaning.  What a blessing!  Am catching up on the never ending paperwork and orders, have had a few online orders.  Last week online was really slow, happy to be back to filling.

Finished a cowl last week, just sold it!  wooohoo!  Off to work on the Temerpature Afghan, I am 13 days behind..eeek!  hugs and warmest of wishes!

post-33271-0-01507600-1480457150_thumb.jpg

post-33271-0-93582500-1480457155_thumb.jpg

Hi House. :)

Cindy ~ Oh, I hope your cold goes away soon. :hug   Were you able to do some knitting yesterday?

Judy ~ How many bookmarks have you made now?  It's so fun to work on smaller projects and actually see a finished product sooner!  Have a wonderful time in the city this evening. :yes

LeeAnn ~ The cowl is absolutely gorgeous!  No surprise that it sold quickly. :clap   Thank you for the congrats...I'm still surprised whenever I get a sale, so this little spurt has been fun. :lol

Our weather has turned colder again.  I have several errands to run this a.m. and then back for some crochet time.  Have a great morning, everyone. :manyheart

Hi, peeps!

Mary, I finished 3 bookmarks and have 2 new the finishing stage...OCD has kicked in...lol!

LeeAnn, your cowl is gorgeous! Of course it sold! TG for your family helping out...

And my back has had some iffy moments. Depends on so many things that i have to watch that I don't do too much of any one thing: standing, sitting, etc...and be careful of my posture.

Cindy, are you feeling better?

Marisa - been shopping for Christmas? How's the office going? DS has been busy.

Off I go - I want to finish the other two bookmarks before I go out later today.

Have a great day my friends

Hi Ladies,

Judy, Love those Christmas tree bookmarks. What a great gift-a show on broadway. Have a fun time!

Mary, DS and the kids did come for the day for baby G's birthday. Congrats on your esty orders.

LeeAnn, Baby G isn't walking yet. DD got him some plastic walking cow that plays music and it has a handle to hold on to help you learn to walk. I'll try and post a picture of it. The cowl is beautiful. No surprise that it sold. 

Cindy, Hope your feeling better. My bil smoked a turkey one year for Christmas dinner and it was really good.

Marisa, How exciting to have your parents be so close now. My ex mil plays the piano. She is wonderful at it. She is self taught. 

Joanne, Glad you were able to have all three of your girls home for Thanksgiving and DH's birthday.

Well things have been crazy since I was here last. DD, Maya and I all caught the 24 hour flu bug. Baby G didn't feel to well on his birthday either, but he is popping teeth in right now. He got two last week while we were there. I have since came down with a cold/sinus/cough crap again. I picked up my c-pack machine yesterday and used it last night. It will take some getting use to as I am such a light sleeper. I could hear the air going through the tube. I clocked in just under 5 1/2 hours. I couldn't wait to get it off this morning. 

Maya facetimed with me sunday night. She was working on her plastic canvas hearts she wants to do for Christmas gifts. She told me her work was to tight so I told her to undo it and start over. She did. She threaded her needle then told me she has a tip for me. Tie a knot in your yarn next to the needle and your yarn won't come out. Then she says I don't like needles and yarn. She had a super long piece of yarn she said was longer than her reach and it knotted. I told her to cut her yarn up by the needle and see if she could untie the knot, which she did. She was a happy weaver again. I also told her to not use much yarn. When she runs out leave a long enough piece and I will show her how to take care of it when I see her next. I'm so happy she likes crafting. Her mom never cared to do any.

I got one of my horse scarves done and delivered yesterday. I just remembered I didn't take a picture of it. Two more to go. 

I'm going to go make some soup. I hope everyone has a great day!

Marlene, It's good to hear from you!  I'm sorry to hear about that bug that hit you.

Taking a break from the hook today - will read in my free time.

Last night was wonderful - except for the wet and blustery weather and the traffic heading in - everyone was rubbernecking the aftermath of a bad accident on the NJ Turnpike between a tractor trailer and an SUV. 

I never post pictures, but here are a couple from last night with me and Alyson. One is with Times Square behind us and the other is us with the surprise early Birthday cake ordered by Aly's mom, and which the waiters presented to us after dinner! And in front of the famous windows of Saks Fifth Avenue. Manhattan was crazy! Over the top Police presence and a bazillion people - speaking different languages - to see the tree lighting at Rockefeller Center.

post-8552-0-32643100-1480613655_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-84210100-1480613678_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-11733200-1480613805_thumb.jpg

Judy, it looks like you had a great time! But isn't Manhattan always crazy? I've never been near NYC, but that's the impression that I get. Of course I am a small town girl, born and bred. I think Toronto and Chicago are the biggest cities I've ever visited.

The resort where we own a timeshare in the Smokies was badly damaged in the wildfires. 69 of 90 buildings were destroyed. I'm glad we went in October! They are planning to rebuild. They managed to evacuate all the guests in time.

I'm still not feeling quite up to snuff, but I am feeling a lot better. I tire out really fast though. Hopefully I will make it through work tomorrow. I plan to go to bed really early tonight!

Have a great day, ladies.

'Morning, everyone. :)   I have caught Cindy's cold ;)  and it is a doozy.  You know it's bad when you can't focus on anything.

Marlene ~ Oh, you all have been busy!  So sorry you all had a bug and glad you're all feeling better. :yes   Maya definitely inherited your love of crafting!  Poor Baby G - teething can be so hard on them. :hug

Judy ~ Wonderful pictures of you and Alyson!  It sounds like a fantastic evening in the city. :)

Cindy ~ I hope you have a good day at work. Colds are no fun!

Hi LeeAnn and those I may have missed!

We've had some good news.  DH's meds seem to be helping, so they're not thinking surgery at this point.  Not so good news is that Sarah will have a hysterectomy on January 4th.  After 3 (or4?) Leep procedures, they still can't isolate the abnormal cells:(  She has lots of family and friends for support and she knows that we'll make sure the boys are okay. :)

Back to laundry - have a good morning! :manyheart

Hi peeps!

Cindy, Manhattan is always a bear to get around in. I used to work there in the late 60's and early 70's and it was the same then. What made it unusual was the tree lighting. There were jumbo tron screens being set up, streets were blocked, some with huge garbage trucks for security. And I don't think too many cops got the day off - I never felt so secure in my life! Dozens of cops every where you looked! Not to mention the security going inside St. Patrick's cathedral as well as the theater. NYC knows how to do things!

'Morning, everyone. :)   I have caught Cindy's cold ;)  and it is a doozy.  You know it's bad when you can't focus on anything.

Marlene ~ Oh, you all have been busy!  So sorry you all had a bug and glad you're all feeling better. :yes   Maya definitely inherited your love of crafting!  Poor Baby G - teething can be so hard on them. :hug

Judy ~ Wonderful pictures of you and Alyson!  It sounds like a fantastic evening in the city. :)

Cindy ~ I hope you have a good day at work. Colds are no fun!

Hi LeeAnn and those I may have missed!

We've had some good news.  DH's meds seem to be helping, so they're not thinking surgery at this point.  Not so good news is that Sarah will have a hysterectomy on January 4th.  After 3 (or4?) Leep procedures, they still can't isolate the abnormal cells:(  She has lots of family and friends for support and she knows that we'll make sure the boys are okay. :)

Back to laundry - have a good morning! :manyheart

I wish Sarah well...a support system is so vital at this time! And I hope you bounce back quickly. It sounds like you have a really bad head cold.

And I think I made 6 bookmarks - I lost count :lol

Have a good day my friends!

Good afternoon House!

Judy-you are on a roll with those super duper cool bookmarks!  Way to go!  How fun!  Glad that you enjoyed your time out with your god daughter, woohooo!

Mary-hope you feel better soon!  hugs and warmest of wishes!

Cindy-how are you feeling?  Have you been able to rest?

Marisa-bet you have a fun weekend on tap?  Can't wait to hear about all the fun things that you will do.  

Joanne-how's it going?  Have you been hooking/knitting up a storm?

I have been super duper busy with orders have over 100 soaps to make and package over the weekend.  Going to work on my Temperature Afghan as I know that I may not get to it over the weekend, other than all that, just keeping up!

Talk soon, hugs!

Good morning. Still not feeling the best, although I do feel better. I went to work yesterday, but I should have stayed home. I didn't feel too bad when I woke up, but I felt awful after a few hours. I had a good day, and made it through. I wore a mask all day.

Dd and I are planning to run out to a Kohls this morning. I have $15 in Kohls cash and I need a $15 gift for a gift exchange. Dad has $60 in Kohls cash that she wants to spend.

I think I mentioned that I had applied for another job. I didn't get it, and oddly enough, I was quite relieved. I guess I'm not quite ready to leave critical care yet.

We had our kids and grandkids here for pizza last night. The grandkids decorated the tree for me. Only one ornament casualty occurred, and the boys were quite proud of their handiwork. Wonder if I can get them to put all the ornaments away in a few weeks?

Good morning peeps!

Good afternoon House!

Judy-you are on a roll with those super duper cool bookmarks!  Way to go!  How fun!  Glad that you enjoyed your time out with your god daughter, woohooo!She's special :manyheart 

Mary-hope you feel better soon!  hugs and warmest of wishes!

Cindy-how are you feeling?  Have you been able to rest?

Marisa-bet you have a fun weekend on tap?  Can't wait to hear about all the fun things that you will do.  

Joanne-how's it going?  Have you been hooking/knitting up a storm?

I have been super duper busy with orders have over 100 soaps to make and package over the weekend.  Going to work on my Temperature Afghan as I know that I may not get to it over the weekend, other than all that, just keeping up!

Talk soon, hugs!

LeeAnn, sometimes keeping up is all we can do. I remember when our son was young and we had a lot of family around - Christmas was super busy. It's totally the opposite now - which I enjoy. Most of the time.

Good morning. Still not feeling the best, although I do feel better. I went to work yesterday, but I should have stayed home. I didn't feel too bad when I woke up, but I felt awful after a few hours. I had a good day, and made it through. I wore a mask all day.I hope you continue to improve. Being around so many people I guess you're bound to catch whatever is going around. :hug 

Dd and I are planning to run out to a Kohls this morning. I have $15 in Kohls cash and I need a $15 gift for a gift exchange. Dad has $60 in Kohls cash that she wants to spend.Sounds like fun!

I think I mentioned that I had applied for another job. I didn't get it, and oddly enough, I was quite relieved. I guess I'm not quite ready to leave critical care yet.As my hubby would say - it wasn't meant to be. Yet.

We had our kids and grandkids here for pizza last night. The grandkids decorated the tree for me. Only one ornament casualty occurred, and the boys were quite proud of their handiwork. Wonder if I can get them to put all the ornaments away in a few weeks?Did they get to the top of the tree or is it bottom heavy?  I would think if you fed them again they just might help put everything away! Males always work for food...lol!

Happy shopping.

Archived