Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!!!

We went to the beach yesterday and walked along the boardwalk and then spent some time sitting on a bench overlooking the ocean reading. We went to ocean grove and they don't open the beach until noon on Sundays. So for us it was perfect with a nice unobstructed view of the ocean. We then walked around the shops and had lunch. It was a lovely day and then we came home and watched the Yankees and I did some knitting. I finished reading "The Wave" which is a memoir of a woman who survived the tsunami in Sri Lanka in 2004 but lost her entire family. It was a very moving story.

Today I will be getting together with dd, sil and the boys. Not sure what we are going to do today, but it'll be fun to be with the boys. DH has returned to work today.

I think I'll do some cleaning that is long overdue. I hate to clean when I'm in vacation , but now that DH has left I can probably get a bit accomplished in a short amount of time. Better go refill the coffee cup!!!

Have a good day!!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, peeps.

Joanne, ocean grove is a nice place! We ended up walking ....without dogs...lol! Also went a couple of places outdoors by ourselves. It was nice and peaceful.

Marlene, we are picking up pepto bismol for Sparkie this morning. I won't get graphic, but he's still not normal. We had a. Time yesterday morning when we thought he was better, but he got bad last night and again this mornings not one thing other than chicken and rice will go I to him today. At least he is acting normal...so it must just be a nervous stomach, or something he ate from the yard.

Have a good day, my friends.

Judy, poor Sparkie. I wonder if he could be traumatized still from the fireworks? Sure hope he is back to good health soon.

Joanne, your day yesterday sounds really nice. I'm surprised you had an un obstructed view if the ocean, considering that it was a holiday weekend.

I am fighting the urge to start a new project.........

Cindy, you know you really want to start a new project...you really need to!!!

And trauma may be the issue with Sparkie. He is hesitant to go out at dusk....has to be sunny. I seem to remember the fear lingering for days last time...he slept through the night, and if it was strictly a GI issue I doubt that would be the case. He's an enigma....

Well ladies, I did it again!  Falling off the face of the earth I mean ;) lol

So, it's been a few weeks since I've been here again and I will have some pictures to post for those of you that don't get them via FB (although I haven't posted my latest items there yet either).  I went to Florida on June 25th (I think that was right after I was here last) for my cousins wedding that weekend.  It was a wonderful trip and quite relaxing although busy....all family stuff, so fun!  I think I completely turned off from the world while there and it felt amazing to not be worrying about anything or anyone else for a few days!  I think the bulk of activity was my family posting an absolutely insane amount of pics to FB!  I made them an afghan, it was the current Red Heart CAL, the textured granny afghan (I think) and I did my own border because that clue came out the day I left.  On the plane I started a market bag since I wanted a small, travelable project and that fit the bill.  I also finished the Rose Shawl I've been working on and the pink looked great against my black dress!  It was a filet project so I was super excited about it.

I've been going to a crochet group at a local Panera on Saturdays, which is the local chapter of the CGOA and there are a lot of people that go so it's fun meeting new people.  We have a group together for this years Stitch-n-pitch game at PNC Park for the Pirates coming up in 2 weeks.....Judy and Joanne, you should see when the Yankees have theirs since it's my understanding that all the ballparks have one every season!  They have a section for the group and prior to game time we meet up in a back room and get a swag bag of yarn, needles, hooks, and/or patterns.  It was a lot of fun last year!  Anyways, at this group someone had a bunch of little amigurami kits and I took one and made up my little critter this week.  He's kinda cute :) A girl also had a huge cone of yarn-like thread that was in a box from an Estate sale she went to and she doesn't use the little stuff so she brought that in and I scoffed it up as perfect for a cardigan pattern I found and needed the thread for.  It's a super pretty blue and I know I won't need all of it so when I finish I'll take back what's left to see if someone else can benefit from it as well.

I spent yesterday (because I had no where to go all day) knitting a Christmas stocking for a friends son.  She asked my last year if I'd make them for this year for all 3 of them and I said I would.  They are really close friends and it's fun learning a bit more about knitting.  This was my first experience with color changes for knitting!  I've learned my way through it so the bottom half of the bear lays a bit nicer than the top half, but only us crafters would notice such a thing!

So, I only scrolled through the page that popped up and I saw a little baby blanket that I think Judy did and I thought it was super cute.  I love the difference in squares and found it quite eye catching!

I also saw that I think Joanne asked about Maryann.....she is doing well and I got new pictures this morning of Ailani and boy oh boy is she a cutie pie.  I can't wait to meet her!!!!!

Hi, Marisa!

I saw a pic of you with the rose shawl and I thought it might have been your creation. Very, very pretty!!

Family fun sounds terrific....gives you fuel to draw on when you get back to Pittsburg. Smart thinking taking the market bag to work on too. A very easy portable project...

How is your mom doing? She must have improved quite a bit, since I think I saw a pic of her with you in one of the wedding shots.

The stitch n pitch game sounds like a blast! I used to belong to CGOA but let it lapse.

Stay well! And we are always here when you want to stop by.

Judy, my mom is doing pretty well.  STILL don't have the bowel issues under control 100%, but continuing to improve.  She had a knee replacement mid-May (6 weeks prior to Florida) and she did overdo it a bit, but overall not bad and is doing well on that account.  She is continuing with PT and has a follow up appt for the knee this week.  The guy here wants to do another colonoscopy in Sept to 'see' if the meds are helping or just masking.  But, the last one they did (March I think) showed the whole inner half of the colon in perfect condition....so I guess it's healing from the inside out!  Because the outer half didn't look as though it had any improvement.  He's being extremely aggressive with the meds though and continues to increase them as long as she's tolerating them.  Weekly blood work just for monitoring to make sure the meds don't start affecting her liver/kidneys, but so far so good.  And, of course Steph is on top of them about any meds issues :yes

Hi House ~ A quick note to say hello and I will catch up tomorrow!

Marisa ~ So happy to see your posts! :)

I am working on scarf #14...the last one. :D   DH's back still hurts, but the Dr. said to give it a few more days before making an appointment.  I stayed with Zack for a while today and will have both boys tomorrow until about 1. :c9

Take care, everyone! :manyheart

Hi All - I, too, have been MIA (like Marisa).  No excuse but that I'm so tired by the end of the day, I just crash in my recliner and rest.  The stress in the office has gone way, way down.  It's taking time to get things lined out with the new boss but it's working ok.  Time will tell.  It's still the "honeymoon" stage. LOL.

The pups are keeping us busy - laughing.  It's so funny to watch them fight over a toy.  There's soooo many toys in this house, and they decide to fight over the same one - just like my kids did.  Buster Brown seems to want to sit on my lap more than Missy ever did and that's fine with me.  He's so sweet.  He will sleep almost all afternoon on my lap.  I don't get a lot of crocheting done when he's out and about.  But his bedtime is usually 7 p.m., so I can get some crocheting done.

I started a prayer shawl but made it a scarf.  I didn't care for doing the shawl on the long edge (190 sts), so I decided to stop.  I did figure out how to make the prayer shawl on the "short" side, it's going much faster and I don't make as many mistakes on it.  I'll post a pic if I ever get it done. 

Well, we're into the "hot and humid" here in Oklahoma.  Sigh :(  We did get a lot of rain for a couple of weeks but now we're into July weather.  Was really hot today and tomorrow won't be much better.  That's also another reason I don't have a lot of energy at night.

Everyone have a great evening!  Hugs to all of you. 

I'm so far behind that I'm not even going to try catching up at this point. My little getaway seems to have wiped me out. I've been crashing in the evenings. Of course, it doesn't help that work is really busy right now, too.

Hi, Holly and Sherry!

Holly, I'm the same way in the heat...no ambition or energy....I'm glad we have four seasons here!

Sherry, yup, puppies mean you have to watch them constantly. Over the years we've enjoyed watching many a tug of war...or sneaky stealing...over dog toys, too. Good thing pups sleep a lot! I'm happy to hear that work is slowly shaping up too.

And that was smart thinking to make the shawl I to a scarf. I don't like making shawls on the long side either, and just for the reason you mentioned. Well be looking forward to pics.

Off I go to water the flowers in the yard. Another scorcher and high humidity today. I don't even want to know what the temp was yesterday!

Good morning ladies :hi

I met a friend out this morning for breakfast.  FYI, IHOP has a short stack of pancakes today for 56 cents!!!!  I think it's through 7pm this evening.  I guess it's their 56th anniversary :)

I'm hoping to make it to the gym this afternoon and then to a friends house for 'yarn night' lol.

I feel like I have a lot of paperwork/housekeeping things to get done here, so I'm going to run, but I hope you all have a wonderful day! :ghug

Still working on things that need to get done.  Right now is pictures......

A baby afghan for a friend from chiro school (I finished while at home with mom after her knee replacement), the wedding gift afghan, a cute little 'monster' that was a kit, a carpet for in front of my utility sink at the office, the shawl I wore to the wedding, and from last year a shrug (I don't think I ever shared it).

post-36814-0-82999400-1404846990_thumb.jpg

post-36814-0-91972500-1404847005_thumb.jpg

post-36814-0-86282600-1404847039_thumb.jpg

post-36814-0-14531400-1404847047_thumb.jpg

post-36814-0-50396100-1404847073_thumb.jpg

post-36814-0-61732200-1404847091_thumb.jpg

Oh, Marisa, your work is so varied...and so perfect!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

I was talking with DS today and told him about your practice and what a sweet person you are....he wished you every continued success!

Have a good night everyone!

Hi ladies. Super busy day at work today, plus I haven't been sleeping well. I'm tired it will be an early night for me tonight.

Marisa, your projects are beautiful! You've been keeping very busy.

Sherry, the dogs sound like a lot of fun. It's good to hear that your work situation is better.

Holly, sounds like you are very busy. I can see that libraries would be even busier in summer.

I did start a new project, a shrug, but I'm not sure if I like how it's coming out. I'll work on it a bit more before I decide.

Good night everyone.

Good morning, peeps!

Watering the back "lawn" right now so it won't revert to a dust bowl....

More hook time for me today. Darski's CAL has helped me get my mojo back.

Cindy, I hope you got a good sleep last night.

Off I go for now. BBL!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Thanks Judy and Cindy!

We have a 'yarn crawl' coming up at the start of August so I ran out to get the tickets for that for myself and 2 friends.  We've been saying that we want to get to some of the LYS's around here and have just never gotten to it.....so, no more excuses! lol

I hope you're all having a wonderful Wednesday :ghug

Hello friends. I spent the day doing something I rarely do: shopping. Mi bought two dresses, a maxi skirt, a top and a cardigan. Dd was out and about so we met at Olive Garden for lunch. I just got home a short while ago. I was planning to grocery shop as well, but dh wants to do that with me, so we'll go out again after dinner, he loves to grocery shop for some reason. I don't need much, but I'm pretty much out of produce, so a trip to the store is in order.

Marisa, I've never heard if a yarn crawl.

Cindy, it seems to work like the wine tour my parents and I go on every year.

So, there are 7 participating LYS's and the cost is $10, which got me a little tote bag, my 'passport', and raffle tickets for each location.  It runs from Aug 1-10 and when you go to a shop, you get your passport stamped.  After you get the 7th stamp you leave your passport with them and then there will be a drawing for a few grand prizes of all the passports turned in from the people that made it to all 7 shops.

Each shop will have some different things going on as well, some raffle baskets or Chinese auction type of stuff.  Maybe some extra incentives or sales/discounts, etc.  So, it a chance to get around to the shops with a little incentive along the way.  They have a group on Ravelry and it's nice because they've added a list of some other things in the areas of each shop since they are spread out around the city. 

And, the funny thing about native Pittsburgher's is that they don't really leave their 'neighborhood'.  So, the people in North Pitt don't really go to South, East, or West Pitt :think  It makes me wonder any time I mention something in a different area and they have no clue as far as directions go!  You can always tell us 'transplants' because we tend to know our way around a bit better because we just go.  We don't mind crossing bridges or going through tunnels, but those that are from here.....it seems to be a big no no & causes things to be 'too far' even though it might actually be closer! lol....very strange :shrug

Hi Ladies,

Marisa, Nice to see you here again. You've made some beautiful items. Glad to hear your Mom is improving.

Cindy, Hope you get some better sleep soon. I prefer not to take my hubby grocery shopping with me. It costs me to much. Good for you shopping for your self. 

Judy, I hope Sparkie is doing better now. Poor guy!

Mary, Hope hubby's back is getting better.

Sherry, Great news on your work. Less stress is much better. Puppies are so cute playing together.

Holly, Starting a new position probably adds to the business for you. Hopefully things will settle down soon.

Joanne, It sounds like you've had a nice vacation. 

Are bathroom problems have not gone away. We think we have it fixed and a few days later it's not. Looks like the pipe going into the septic is plugged. We will have to rent a machine to open it as the snake won't do it. The bathroom is torn up as hubby had to open up the floor to get to the pipe under the bathroom. The crawl space isn't big enough for him to get in there comfortably. 

We have charter for cable, telephone and internet. They went digital yesterday. We have one tv that doesn't work now as it's not on a box. They will give you one box free so I'm going to get that unless they have a dvr machine that will handle 3 tv's. Sure makes me think about going to satellite. I would get more channels for sure. 

Hope everyone has a good week!

Hi all,

Well it was a busy day at work. That is the bad thing about returning from vacation. I'm beat!!

Marisa I love your projects!!!! The yarn crawl sounds like fun. They have I be here in the spring every year. Maybe next year I'll go!

Cindy. It sounds like your shopping trip was a success. My DH likes to go grocery shopping as well.i can take it or leave it. Lol

Marlene. Hoe the br situation gets straightened out soon!!!!

Judy. My yard is in need if water too. But we are supposed to get rain storms again tonight so I'll hope Mother Nature takes care of it. Have you heard anymore from Linda?

I was getting the crochet bug yesterday so I went I to my stash and started a never ending granny square Ghan using Caron pounder in lace and I love this yarn in denim and a variegated called high Sierra.

Have a good night everyone

Joanne, I'm not on FB anymore, so haven't heard what Linda is up to....

Your scrap granny blanket sounds like it's going to look super nice!

Sparkie had his pepto bismol yesterday. Just two doses. He hasn't "gone" since then. I slowly started hi. Back on his food today, and so far he's tolerated it just fine. We will see what tomorrow brings. At least, through all this, he's still playful, wagging his tail, and wondering why his begging for a cookie hasn't brought results! Poor guy!

Cindy, I detest shopping for clothes! Good for you...

Have a good night my friends.

Judy, clothes shopping is one of my least favorite activities too. I only shop when I start looking really shabby. Fingers crossed that Sparkie keeps doing well.

Marisa, the yarn crawl sounds neat. The quilt shops around here do something similar. I got a chuckle out of your comment about the natives staying in their own area. A friend who lives in the suburbs off NYC told me once that her friends in the city seem to think that she can come in to visit them a lot faster than they can visit her. She says they act like visiting her is right up there with going out into the jungle, but coming into the city to visit them is like walking a block or two. Evidently the distance between the city and her house iIs a lot greater than the distance from her house to the city.

Marlene, sure hope your bathroom problems are fixed soon. Hubby did go grocery shopping with me, but he sort of restrained himself. I'm following weight watchers again and he didn't want to bring too much temptation into the house,

Joanne, your afghan sounds really attractive.

Cindy, yay for hubby cooperating! Our cart has so much stuff I never touch, like snapple, soda, sweets....my sweet fix are dark chocolate Hershey kisses which are one point for three :)

And I would likely be more of a vegetarian eater....don't care for red meat and love fish, which hubby hates...

Have a good day everybody!

Archived