Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning. Or should I say afternoon? Lol

We went out to a relatively new local place for breakfast with dd and the boys. Then they came here and we played for a while and then went for a walk. She took them home for naps and DH is actually taking one too. Lol

Now I'm getting ready to do some cleaning and the laundry. Fun? Not so much. But it must get done. Then I can relax!

Have a good day

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening ladies. We had a good time at the family reunion, but I must say, it's nice to be home and relaxing. We couldn't have asked for better weather and we had a good turnout. Everyone came, except two families. One family lives in Texas, and the other had sick children.

I think the next two days will be a little calmer. At least, I hope so. We don't have any plans yet, at least. I am hoping to go to a flea market on Monday if the weather co-operates.

Have a good evening.

Hi Ladies,

Judy, If the MIL was younger we might be able to convince her to try an e-reader. She had to get a new tv and really hated it as she had to learn how to work the new remote. 

Cindy, I thought about you and your reunion and was thinking the same thing. You couldn't of had any better weather. 

Linda, Glad you had a nice time at Joan's.

DS and Emme came by today and he helped hubby get the dock in. They were heading to a wedding. I made a trip out to the store to pick up a few groceries. Did get a couple of rows crocheted on the baby blanket then it was time to fix dinner. We went and seen Gordy and Mary. They are doing well. Tomorrow we will go get the new toliet. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Good Morning. :)  It sounds like many of us are having a good long weekend! 

DD and the boys are coming over tomorrow, while her DH is at the ranch.  I hope the weather cooperates, but we may have rain.  Luke sure wants to "ride his John Deere tractor and play in the sprinkler." We're going to put chicken on the rotisserie this afternoon.

So much has been going on and I'm doing my best to keep up, but today is crochet day for me!  I want to spend more time on my Etsy shop, too. 

Have a wonderful day, everyone. :manyheart

Good morning!

It's a gorgeous day today!!! Heading over to babysit while dd and sil go look at some houses then later on today they are having a bar b que!!! Should be a fun, relaxing day. I may even get some knitting in while the boys nap. Only 8 more rows to go in the knitted shawl. And I'm hoping I have enough yarn!!,

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning!  Joan and I went to Trader Joe's and an oriental supermarket yesterday.  I hadn't been to either and it was fun visiting with her during the trip.  Another person I'm going to really miss after the move.

I'm not planning a lot for today, but do want to make another stab at packing boxes.  At the moment it feels like an endless job, but I can see a lot of progress, too.

Sweet Pea continues to get better everyday.  She tried scratching at the incision area this morning and immediately stopped, so it's obviously still very tender.  And she's not jumping up on the bed or down from it either.

Joanne, sounds like a nice day on your agenda.  Good luck with the shawl.

Our weather is beautiful.  Hope you all have a great Sunday.   :ghug

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!  Thank you to those that have had a family member serve in the Armed Forces. 

We got a new furbaby.  He's a full brother to Missy (same mom and dad).  The lady we got Missy from is getting ready to move back to the New England area and she couldn't take any of these new puppies with her.  She kept talking with DD and finally convinced her to take the pup.  His name is Buster Brown (he is totally different than Missy).  I haven't transferred my pics to the computer so I can't post it yet but I will try to later today.  He's so cute and fuzzy!!  But Missy isn't having much to do with him yet, but hopefully she'll soon get over being mad that we brought a new 'thing' in the house. 

I hope all of you enjoy your weekend.  We spent yesterday looking at pickup trucks.  DH needs a newer one and we finally found one.  So now we don't have to worry about his driving that old truck now.

Well, we're off to Petco to get new Baby toys!!  Will check in later. 

Hello ladies. It's a lazy Sunday afternoon here. Dd and ds came for lunch and now we are all sitting outside reading. It is sunny and warm with just a bit of a breeze.

Sherry, congrats on the new dog. Missy will get used to him eventually.

Joann, have a fun day with the boys. Also, fingers crossed that your yarn holds out for the shawl.

Linda, sounds like a quiet laid back day is overdue for you. I've never been to an oriental supermarket before, but I've been to a Mexican one. They had real vanilla extract for about the same price as the imitation stuff in the chain grocery stores.

Mary,enjoy your crochet day.

Our weather forecast for tomorrow is very good. We plan on going to a flea market in the morning and then relax the rest of the day. Dd,dsil and the boys usually drop by on holidays. I have a very busy week next week, so I'd be okay with just the relaxing part of the day!

Sherry. Have fun with the new addition to your family. I'm sure missy will get used to buster brown soon enougha, glad you don't have to worry about DH driving the old truck

Cindy. I'll hope for a relaxing day for you tomorrow!!!!

Linda. Glad to see sweet lea is healing nicely. I live traderjoes!!!!

I hit post to soon. Lol

Didn't get any knitting done. I had about 15 minutes of both boys napping. But I had some one on one time with Robbie which was nice The bar BBQ was fun!!!! It was so neat to see so many if dd and sils friends and their babies!!!!

We r watching the rangers and I think I'll knit a row or two!

Have a good evening. So happy tomorrow is another day off!!!!!

Hi, ladies!

I'm on the desktop computer, which is why I'm not just hitting the "like" button to let you guys know I'm still around :D

Sherry, we always have adjustment periods when introducing a new pup....but the fact that it's young brings out the protective instincts in the older ones. Just watch...we usually have food aggression issues....granted, our are GSDs, but i think most dogs would be that way. Also about their towys. Like 2 year olds in that respect! Have fun enjoying their antics!

Cindy, I hope you really enjoy your day.

Joanne,one on one time is super important for kids. I grew up with 2 younger brothers and a sister 9 years older than me. It was my godmother who made sure I had time with her and I so enjoyed it. It's how I patterned my relationship with my goddaughter Alyson, and she - and her mom - have told me how much it means to her. So...grandma....you may need a schedule as they grow up! :lol

And....OMG....how could a Ranger fan go to sleep after that overtime win!!!! I'll have to manage on the barely 4 hours I got....don't mind at all :D

Have  a good day, my friends.

Good afternoon.  I more than slept the clock around last night.  I guess I've been more tired and worried than I realized.  I feel exhausted and not too good today.  Skipped drawing class, but will make it up later this week.  Sweet Pea is doing much better although she isn't trying to jump up on the bed or down from it.  Which is all for the good.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!  Thank you to those that have had a family member serve in the Armed Forces. 

We got a new furbaby.  He's a full brother to Missy (same mom and dad).  The lady we got Missy from is getting ready to move back to the New England area and she couldn't take any of these new puppies with her.  She kept talking with DD and finally convinced her to take the pup.  His name is Buster Brown (he is totally different than Missy).  I haven't transferred my pics to the computer so I can't post it yet but I will try to later today.  He's so cute and fuzzy!!  But Missy isn't having much to do with him yet, but hopefully she'll soon get over being mad that we brought a new 'thing' in the house. 

Buster Brown sounds adorable.  I'm sure Missy will come around and probably sooner rather than later.

I'm remembering those who are serving, those who have served, and those who died serving our country today.  They are such a big part of what makes our country unique and strong.  Thank you.

Judy, you are so right about kids needing one on one time with a special adult.  That's one of the big reasons behind my moving up North again.  I want to have that with DGS while he's still young.

We've had a fairly easy going weekend. Aside from our normal dance classes and a bridal shower on Saturday, we've just done a lot of relaxing. Today we took the girls to the park for about an hour... it was HOT out there!

Hi, there, Holly!

Linda, I know that you are going to love seeing your grandson....and DD will love having you around. It's been way too long, and short visits just aren't enough after a while.

I finished my shawl this morning!!!! Just have to cast off, then I'm going to block it. May not happen till the weekend. Glad I finished. And still have enough yarn!!!

Judy. That was a good game last night. So glad I didn't have it get up to go to work today. Hope tomorrow nights game doesn't go Into OT. We went to the outlets today and got some good deals. DH needed some new shirts. And I picked up a navy cardigan for 70 percent off!! Then we went over to dd and had a mini bar-b-q since they had food left over from yesterday. I will have to put a schedule together to get some one on one time with the boys. Lol

Linda. I know you are going to be so happy nice you are moved and settled in and get to see your gs often !!!

Cindy, Mary, Marlene , sherry , Holly and everyone ---- have a good rest of the evening!!!!!

And have a good Tuesday. I know we are going to be busy

Hi Ladies. :)   I hope everyone has had a good holiday!  We have a U.S. flag and a Texas flag flying most days, but we added small ones along our street this year.

Sherry ~ Buster Brown is a wonderful name for the new addition!  :c9   Can't wait to see pictures.

Joanne ~ WTG on finishing your shawl!  So glad you've had lots of family time over the long weekend. :yes

Linda ~ I've forgotten - are you going to Iowa before the move?  Sweet Pea sounds like she's healing nicely and smart enough not to be jumping!

Holly ~ Your weekend sounds like a good one. :)

Hi to those I've missed. ♥♥♥

The kids came over, but we mostly played inside due to light rain and a little thunder.  I made chicken salad and fruit salad and the boys had chicken nuggets and fruit. 

See you all tomorrow. :manyheart

Good morning. Very humid here this morning. I didn't sleep well because of the humidity. Guess I should have turned on the air, although I'm not sure it would have helped, since it got down to 60.

It was too hot to enjoy the flea market yesterday, plus it was busier than I've ever seen it. We walked through a little more than half of it and called it quits. Dh bought some stuff, but if didn't see anything I wanted. Dh cut grass after we got home, I started the robot vacuum and read. It was a nice lazy day.

It's a work day for me today, but I got the first four hours off. I tried to sleep some more after the 5:15 phone call, but I couldn't get back to sleep.

Well, off to pour some coffee. Enjoy the day, ladies.

good morning peeps!

It's going to be hot here, today, Cindy - I'm one who wasnt sorry we had such cool weather for so long. Not a summer gal much...

But, the 60's are coming back for a few days, so i will be a happy camper!.

Joanne, I had a good sleep last night - am ready for the Rangers game tonight!!

Have a good day, my friends.

Hi Ladies,

Sherry, Aww a new fur baby! 

Linda, Hope you feel better soon.

Joanne, Congrats on finishing the shawl!

Judy, Both of my grandma's and one of my aunt's were very special people in my life. Your goddaughter is very lucky to have you in her life.

Mary, Glad your taking some me time with all that you have going on. Glad DD and the boys came over a visit to.

Holly, It's nice to just have a quiet holiday weekend.

Sunday DD called her gf was having a bbq and invited them and us, so we went to the bbq. We had a nice time. There was as many dogs as there were people I think. We also went to Lowe's for the new toliet. Yesterday we installed the toliet and it still leaked. I called my brother up and went and got him and figured out was wrong. The support in the crawl space was gone. Hubby must of moved it or something last year when he was down under there. They put a new support under there and things are good now. 

On the trip to take my brother home I took him by grandpa's barn (I went by there earlier in the spring and it had collasped) yesterday it was down even more. I asked my Mom if she new how old it was but she didn't. But she told me that it belonged to my great aunt and her husband. I didn't know that as grandma and grandpa farm was next door and grandpa always used the barn so I just thought it was always his. I took pictures of it a couple of years ago, again when I seen it had fallen and again yesterday as even more was down now. I drove by the old homestead at least once a year and the barn looked to be very stable. I think the bad winter played apart in it. Kind of sad. It was nice reminiscing with my brother about the neighborhood. We lived with my grandparents for 5 years. Then in are own house 1/2 mile away. Then my dad died and grandma asked her renters to move out when school got out so my mom and us kids could live in the house. Years later there was a house fire and my moved to the city.

Hope everyone is having a nice tuesday!

Aww....thanks Marlene!

The skies are darkening and we are supposed to be getting boomers, maybe hail...stuff like that. Then tomorrow it will be twenty degrees cooler!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!

Off topic: our cell phone contract is up on June sixth...and we are going back to basics. Now that hubby doesn't work any longer, we are home more and using my iPad for most surfing, etc. Verizon has a senior plan where we can get a flip phone, opt out of the texting feature, and save about 75 dollars a month! That will be nice, since our cable bundle package has gone up 27 dollars. It never ends...the dance we do to keep the staus quo.

It'll be nice having a phone I can just carry in my jeans pocket!

....I don't think we will change our minds on this. I think...lol!

Hi all

Busy day at work just as I expected!!!! The skies are darkening and it has started raining. Like Judy, I'm ready for the cooler temps tomorrow. I don't do hot and humid well!!! Hoping that when the boomers come through we don't lose power since we are looking forward to watching the rangers game

I wouldn't be bake to not have a smart phone since I seem to do a lot of texting. Thank goodness for the unlimited data plan. Plus I'm away from home a lot between work and other things. But maybe later when we retire (if we can ever retire) it will be good to think about a basic phone.

Dinner is ready so I better get off the iPad before it burns. Lol

Have a good night and Wednesday everyone. I'm babysitting after work tomorrow -:)

I did not end up working at all today. I did some weeding, a little sewing and knitting, baked bread and changed sheets. It's not as hot here as yesterday, but still very humid. There is a bit of a breeze though. I wish it would rain here, it's been really dry. Maybe we got our entire years precipitation this past winter!

I don't see dh ever giving up his iPhone. I don't text or use the internet on mine very much, (although I do use it), but he does. I use it at work sometimes just because then I can easily use the guest internet. Lots of people use the hospital internet, but I don't like to do that. It's there for work use, not personal use. I've never heard of anyone being reprimanded for using it, but I imagine that it's happened. We have a family plan for our phones. Dd used to have unlimited data, but they don't offer that particular plan anymore and she lost it when she upgraded her phone.

Morning peeps!

DH forwarded me an article from the NY Daily News about people going back to basic phones! Many are seniors, like us, but others are just annoyed with the fragile nature of the smartphones...and the cost.... Interesting! I had no idea there were so many others thinking like us!

It was nasty humid this morning, but only in the 60s. The humidity let up and it's gorgeous out now.

I think about going back to basic phone. I get so tired of how overly sensitive the smart phone is. It likes to try calling 911... not good!

Hi Ladies,

I love my smart phone. I share the plan with my sister and Maya's parents. I don't use the data much at all, but when I have needed it was nice to have. Today I went out to the garage looking for my box of photos. I found them. Emme wants some pictures of DS up to the age of 8 for wedding table decorations. Something she seen on pinterest. Now to go through the pictures. I took a ton of magazines to the recycle. 

Tomorrow hubby is going to an information meeting through the VA. Not sure yet if I'm going to suggest he take his bike or not. It scares me to think of him going that far on it. It would be the first time. 

Were going to Maya's this weekend. We are celebrating her birthday early. Her birthday is the 4th. She is going to love her gift. She is getting an IPod. She can face time me and text me on it. Her mom and I checked it out this morning. 

Have a nice thursday everyone!

Archived