TediBare

TediBare baby dresse pattern

This is the pattern that I came up with for my dresses,

I believe it's complete, if you have any questions about it, please let me know!!

I use Caron Simply soft yarn, although you could use whatever you like. I used 1 skein

for 0-3 months, I used an F hook and for the larger dress, I used a G hook.

Yoke:

Chain 58

Row 1 1dc in the 4th chain from hook (counts as 1st dc), dc in next 4 ch, *2dch, ch1, 2dc) in next ch (corner made) dc in next 13 chs; repeat from * 2 times more: (2dc, ch1, ch2) in next ch (corner made) dc in last 6 chs-67 dc and 4 corner ch1 spaces. Ch3 (counts as dc on next row now and through out)

Row 2 *dc in next dc and in each dc across to ch 1 sp, (2dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in first ch 1 sp. repeat from * 3 more times; dc in each remaining dc across, making corners (2dc, ch 1 2 dc) in each ch 1 space, 83 dc and 4 corner ch1 spaces.

Row 3-6 Repeat row 2, 4 times (5 times for larger size) more. At end of row 6- 147 dc and 4 ch 1 corner spaces. Ch3.

**note, work now progresses in ROUNDS

Making Armholes

Round 7 *dc in next dc.and in each dc to next ch1 sp, Dc in ch1 space, turn work, dc in SAME ch1 space. Skipping all dc between ch1 space. Arm hole made!! repeat from * once more, creating 2nd armhole. Join with sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch 3. DO NOT TURN!!

BODY

Round 1 CH4, counts as dc and ch1 space, skip next dc, *dc in next dc, ch 1 sk next dc: repeat from * around. dc in last dc. 38 de and 38 ch 1 spaces.

Round 2 beginning shell: ch 3, 2 dc 2ch 3 dc in next ch 1 space. sk next ch 1 sp, * 3 dc ch2 3 dc in ch1 sp. skip next ch1 space. repeat from * around. 19 shells. Join with sl in 3rd ch of beginning chain 4

Round 4 slp st in first 2 dc work beginning shell in ch2 sp. *shell in ch 2 of next shell. Repeat from *around.

Repeat for 3 10 times more.

SLEEVES

Round 1 join with sl stitch to underarm. sc around, join with sl in same stitch as joining.

Round 2 (CH3, 2dc, ch2 3 dc) in same st as joining. *Sk next 3 sc. Shell in next sc, sk next 3 sc repeat from * all around.

Round 3 repeat round 2, fasten off after joining with sl stitch.

Repeat for 2nd Sleeve in other Arm.

For a closure on the back, you can use a ribbon and lace it through, you can use buttons, or crochet a chain and use it to tie the back shut. I have given these to people, and they have had their children wear if backwards, and it looks fantastic that way too.

If there are errors, let me know, I have never written my own pattern before. Thanks!!!

post-46798-135897629441_thumb.jpg

post-46798-135897629445_thumb.jpg

Edited by TediBare

would love to see a picture if you have one

I would too. I found the pic in another post. Too Too Cute!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Carol:hook

Edited by crs5

Sorry I forgot the pictures!!

Very beautiful! I have two granddaughters that would look so pretty in these dresses!! Thank you for the pattern!

Oh, that is really precious!

:cheer

Here's mine. I used an H hook and added two more rounds to the bodice. I also had to add several rows because it was for a two-year-old. It fit her perfectly (so my daughter says). Hope I get to see a picture of her in it. (It was a gift from my daughter to a friend.) I used Omega Rayito yarn. Very soft and has a bit of a sheen to it. Will be perfect for Easter, I think.

Very easy pattern.

post-19085-135897636501_thumb.jpg

post-19085-135897636507_thumb.jpg

Edited by Beverooni
add yarn used

That is so sweet! I will have to add this to my to do files. Might have to make a couple for my granddaughters. I don't think girls ever outgrow teddy bears -- at least I never have. :)

Beautiful! May have to make one of these for my grandson's step daughter as a gift to go with the new baby things I'll be making! TYFS!