Three tiered crocheted rope necklace

Katchkan

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow!!! :clap I've done two beaded ropes approx. 21" long. One I call "Bubblegum" because it has pink, white, light blue pearly, seed beads and the other I call "Celebration" because the seed beads are black, white, yellow, red, etc. My question is, "How long did it take you to make?" "Are your ropes out of seed beads?"

My DD strung the beads for me both times and that alone took two weeks, let alone crocheting them into the ropes. It is a lot of work. I wish stores sold seed beads strung on thread already for the purpose of doing this.

Since I've done ropes myself I truly admire your work. It is absolutely amazing.:cheer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Gorgeous! An excerise in patience if ever there was one. I've tried these, but cant get the hang of them. And the stringing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Sometimes I make things just to see if I can. I have never seen a rope necklace like what I have done here. I wondered if it was possible. So with some experimentation this is what I came up with. I call it Wheatfield as it reminds me of rippling fields of wheat. I did it with size 11 bead, with size 13 for the spiral ropes. Still have a few kinks to work out on the design but it was fun to do. The rope necklaces aren't my most favorite forms of crochet but once in a while I do enjoy playing with them.

S_Wheatfield.jpg

its really nice, I have one necklace too.

hope you will like it.

beadcrochet_000.jpg

Archived