Three tiered crocheted rope necklace

Katchkan

Sometimes I make things just to see if I can. I have never seen a rope necklace like what I have done here. I wondered if it was possible. So with some experimentation this is what I came up with. I call it Wheatfield as it reminds me of rippling fields of wheat. I did it with size 11 bead, with size 13 for the spiral ropes. Still have a few kinks to work out on the design but it was fun to do. The rope necklaces aren't my most favorite forms of crochet but once in a while I do enjoy playing with them.

S_Wheatfield.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoa, that looks complicated! I've been wanting to try out that rope/bead technique, but I'll probably be using the bracelet pattern from Michael's that uses slightly bigger beads. ;)

The rope pattern itself is simple. It's everything else that gets a little complicated.

I have a free rope pattern on my website that goes into both the slip stitch version and the single crochet version. It also has some stringing patterns for various designs. Go with the larger beads to begin with it will make it easier.

The rope pattern itself is simple. It's everything else that gets a little complicated.

I have a free rope pattern on my website that goes into both the slip stitch version and the single crochet version. It also has some stringing patterns for various designs. Go with the larger beads to begin with it will make it easier.

I'll have to go look into that...AFTER I finish the poncho I'm working on. I am not a million-wips-girl. I tend to do things one at a time.

Kathy, that's very pretty. I'll have to show that to my mother. Her and I make jewelry. She does some beautiful macrame necklaces. She would like to see yours. She already thinks that crochet is like this high form of art, and this will just make her think that even more so. Once again, great job!

Archived