Paperback Book Cover

LibiLou

Well, here it is. There are photos at my blog and elsewhere on this board. If you have any questions, please PM me. If you find any mistakes (and I'm sure there are plenty..this is my very first original pattern), let me know so I can fix them. :)

Shelled Paperback Book Cover

By: LibiLou Creations 2005

This book cover will fit books 7â€x4†up to 8â€x5â€.

Materials:

G hook (or size needed to obtain gauge)

Red Heart TLC Luster color: Claret 1 skein (approx 125 yards needed)

Tapestry Needle

Gauge: 4 dc = 1 inch and 2 rows = 1 inch

Pattern notes: Shell = 3 dc in same st

Row 1: Ch 33, dc in 4th chain from hook, dc in each rem sts, ch 3, turn

Row2-5: dc in each st across, ch 3, turn

Row 6: dc in each st across, ch 4, turn

Row 7: Work in Back Loops only: sk 2 sts, shell in next st, ch 1 * sk 3 st, shell in next st, ch 1 * repeat 6xs, sk 1, dc in last st, ch 3, turn

Row 8: Working in both loops now: 2dc in 1st ch 1 sp, ch 1 * shell in next ch 1 sp, ch 1* 7xs, ch 4, turn

Row 9: *shell in next ch1 sp, ch 1* 6x’s dc in last st, ch 3 turn

Rows 10, 12, 14, 16, 18: Repeat row 8

Rows 11, 13, 15, 17, 19: Repeat row 9

Row 20: 2dc in 1st ch1 sp, ch1 *shell in next ch 1 sp, ch1* 7xs, ch 3, turn

Row 21: Work in Back loops only: dc in each st across, ch 3, turn

Rows 22-25: working in both loops now: dc in each st across, ch 3, turn

Row 26: dc in each st across, FO

Finishing:

Turn dc panels so that right sides are together (dc panel to middle shell panel), whipstitch with yarn closed, turn and poke out corners.

Bookmark: Find the top middle of the cover (as seen in picture), attach yarn with sc, 4 sc across, ch 1, turn

Rows 2-4: sc in each st, ch 1, turn

Row 5: sc in each st, ch 3, turn

Row 6: dc in remaining 3 sts, ch 1, turn

Repeat above 2xs more, FO

Weave in all ends. Insert book and enjoy!

Thanks Libi thats a neat pattern I think I will adapt this to hold my kids music books.. the books are a little wider .They are forever struggling where to put it!! this way they can carry it too if I make a strap.

Hugs

Vims

Thanks Libi thats a neat pattern I think I will adapt this to hold my kids music books.. the books are a little wider .They are forever struggling where to put it!! this way they can carry it too if I make a strap.

Hugs

Vims

All you need to do is add in combinations of 4...very easy to increase the size...

I just made one. Very, very nice. I've got to find my camera so I can post pics :flower

Can I tell you that I think it's pretty dang cool that someone made something from a pattern I created and it came out alright! lol. At least one cool thing today. I have a bad cold, I ran sound at church today and if something could go wrong, it did, then came home and thought to work on an afghan (good "I have to stay in bed project")....frogged the dang thing back 2 rows at least 3 times! Then I get online and find someone liked my pattern..:) You made my day. :c9

I'm so glad :D BTW, a friend saw it and she loves your pattern, too, so I printed her out a copy as well. Good job!:clap :clap :clap

Can I tell you that I think it's pretty dang cool that someone made something from a pattern I created and it came out alright! lol. At least one cool thing today. I have a bad cold, I ran sound at church today and if something could go wrong, it did, then came home and thought to work on an afghan (good "I have to stay in bed project")....frogged the dang thing back 2 rows at least 3 times! Then I get online and find someone liked my pattern..:) You made my day. :c9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This member hasn't been active for a while, so she probably won't see your requests. I did a little sleuthing, though, and found the link:

http://libiloucreations.blogspot.com/2005/08/well-i-thought-i-better-do-it.html

From looking at her blogs, it appears she has taken up knitting and has been busy making some very nice things, but I suppose that's why she hasn't been around C'ville much lately!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived