Annie's Hook & Needle Club CAL

Braxxi

Thanks for the blog link, Mackena!

The kits aren't all in the same order. Scarves seems to be the first for everyone, but others received hats as their second kit.

I almost have the ruffle scarf done. It's a fairly quick pattern and I like the yarn.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got started on my "Beanie Blast" hat kit on Monday. So far I have made the earflap hat and the headband thing according to the directions. I have also made the other hat switching the blue and white around. I think I have enough yarn for another headband, but I'll have to change the colors up. Post pics as soon as I'm completely done!

This is what I was able to make with the 3 skeins of yarn in this kit:

post-21933-135897642348_thumb.jpg

My daughter has already laid claim to the earflap hat, which is a little big on her and snug on me. My friend wants the blue headband thing and I think I'm keeping the white headband thing. Not sure what to do with the other hat yet. It is too tight for me to wear, so it will probably end up in my daughters drawer of hats...lol.

I recieved my third kit today. This one is the Watercolors Felted Bag. I'm not very impressed with the kit...one skein of wool yarn, a plastic catch/button and the instructions. Seems pretty skimpy for $22!!!

I agree...but it's still frustrating! LOL!

Oh, I hear you and agree also. I got my second kit today. It's the watercolors felted bag also. I like the yarn color. As long as these sparse kits are the exception and not the rule, I won't complain too much. However, if they all start being this small, I won't continue to pay $22 for them.

I got the bag done and felted yesterday. I'm waiting for it to dry completely so I can sew on the catch and take a pic. :clap

I finished crocheting and felting my watercolors bag tonight, too. It's currently drying. :hook I went ahead and sewed the button on before I felted it since I was felting by hand. It turned out well that way.

I might use the bag as a lunch tote. It's a little small for me to use as a purse with everything I carry around. We'll see!

I'll be sure to post pics once it's done drying. :photo

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. Here is the pic of the felted bag. I have to say I do like the way it turned out. You can probably tell that I did the flap a little different than the pattern.

post-21933-135897653688_thumb.jpg

I also got my 4th kit a week ago, but I sent it back. I carefully removed just the envelope and read "Towel Toppers and Trim" and promptly wrote RETURN TO SENDER on the package. I can't stand towel toppers personally, so I wasn't about to make one! :lol

I hope the next kit is a good one.

For information...if you are on the plan where you pay by credit card, the payments are every 3 weeks!!!

Thanks for the info, braxxi. I pay mine by check instead of direct debit. I'm glad I went with that option!

My third kit was pretty cute. It's a teddy bear ami pattern. It came with a lot of yarn and stuffing. So I'm not upset about the cost.

I don't like towel toppers either. I'll keep that in mind for future shipments!

I never did take a pic of my felted bag. :blush I'll try to remember to do that tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my next kit a week or so ago. This one was for "Vintage Beaded Doily Covers". Since one of the reasons I joined this club was to try things I hadn't made before, I kept this one. I finished the first of the 2 doilies today. Not sure what I will do with either when they are finished though. :P

Got my next kit a week or so ago. This one was for "Vintage Beaded Doily Covers". Since one of the reasons I joined this club was to try things I hadn't made before, I kept this one. I finished the first of the 2 doilies today. Not sure what I will do with either when they are finished though. :P

That's the most recent kit I received, too. I'm knitting one of them. It's going to take forever! :lol

I think they would make good gifts. I'm going to get a small basket then use the doily to lay over it. Then stuff with other goodies.

Now there's an idea! I'll have to keep that in mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried to start the second doily 4 times and couldn't get it to come out right. I've decided I'm not going to try again!

I recieved another kit today. This one is for the "market tote". There was also a note in the bill saying that kit prices are going up July 1st. I'm leaning towards cancelling my membership...:think

I like the kit I just received. It's four 2.5 ounce skeins of cotton and a pattern for a plastic bag holder and tawashi.

I haven't opened the bill part of it yet. If prices are going up, I'm definitely going to cancel. I like getting the kits because they aren't things I'll usually pick up for myself to make. I'm not going to pay more than $23 though. :ohdear

• 1 month later...

Well, I got another kit the other day and have decided I'm going to cancel my account. I think it would be more fun to randomly pick a pattern and go buy the yarn I like...lol! Thanks for riding along!

I've been collecting some of their old pattern club cards for dolls, etc. I really wish they would go back to doing those. I don't need the yarn, but I would be interested in the pattern clubs.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I recently discovered this part of the forum, though I don't know why it took me so long to get around to it. I blame being a grad student.

I am also part of the H&K club. I have been for quite a while, and really enjoy getting the patterns as well as the yarn.

I will be getting the "Stripping Scarflet" soon, so I'll have to join you here as well.

Archived