Annie's Hook & Needle Club CAL

Braxxi

I just got my first kit from Annie's Hook & Needle Club and thought it would be cool if there were a CAL for those of us that get these kits.

I realize that not every gets the same kit at the same time, but I thought we could share our experiences with the kits we get and ask questions of others that have finished the kit.

My first kit is the "Scarves" kit. I will probably start it tomorrow.

(I can barely keep my eyes open right now - spent the WHOLE day cleaning my craft room, which had turned into a catch-all for everything)!

Here's the link to join the club.

http://www.hookandneedleclub.com/

It took about a week for me to recieve the first kit (live in Wisconsin). I can't wait to get started today...hopefully my son will allow it. :lol

I finished the first scarf - the white ruffly one - but i ran short of yarn and couldn't do the edge. :( Not that big of a deal really, I'm sure my gauge was probably off. :lol I'll post a pic of all three when I have them done. :hook

I am glad you started this thread as I have been sitting on the fence about joining. Do you all think it is worth it? I guess it would be a good motivator to work outside our self-made boxes. There are several types of crochet I have never done, just because I'm not familiar with them (tunisan, broomstick, etc...). I thought receiving the yarn along with the patterns would also encourage me to get right on a project, instead of adding it to my almost endless list of "want to get to" projects. :) I think it would be fun to CAL with the kits here on Crochetville too. Great idea! I will look forward to hear how you all like your kits and may be joining in myself.

I finished scarf #2! :clap I did the pink "hole-y" one second. I had maybe 3 yards of yarn left this time - makes me a little nervous.

On to the last scarf later this afternoon or evening - it's made with "ladder" yarn so I'm a little nervous.

:(:(:( I started the "Ladder" scarf yesterday...and ran out of yarn this morning! I only have about 4 feet of the 5 feet it's supposed to be - before the fringe! I sent an email to see if I can get another skein of the yarn. There is NO WAY I'm pulling this yarn back out and starting over. Besides, my gauge seems correct. Hopefully I'll hear back from them today - one way or the other.

:(:(:( I started the "Ladder" scarf yesterday...and ran out of yarn this morning! I only have about 4 feet of the 5 feet it's supposed to be - before the fringe! I sent an email to see if I can get another skein of the yarn. There is NO WAY I'm pulling this yarn back out and starting over. Besides, my gauge seems correct. Hopefully I'll hear back from them today - one way or the other.

That is my concern about these kits. I have heard that exact statement a number of times. I figured I'd go ahead and give it a shot though. I can always cancel if I don't like them.

I recently joined and got the same kit on Saturday. I was amazed that there was enough to do three different patterns. I can't wait to start working on them. I was concerned about not having enough yarn as well but figured they were all scarves so the length isn't really so crucial.

I recieved an email back from customer service saying that I will recieve another kit free of charge within 10-14 days! :eek All I asked for was one skein of the ladder yarn I ran out of!

I recieved an email back from customer service saying that I will recieve another kit free of charge within 10-14 days! :eek All I asked for was one skein of the ladder yarn I ran out of!

Wow! I'm glad that the responded so well. It makes me feel more comfortable about joining. When I read that you had problems running out of yarn, I wondered if I was going to reget joining.

Now I'm just waiting for the first kit so I can join along. :hook

I'm patiently waiting for my replacement yarn to arrive...:blush I was planning to wait until I had all 3 scarves done and take a pic of the 3 together. Sorry for the wait!

My replacement kit came yesterday. I finished the last scarf this morning, but I can't take a picture until Tuesday. I will try to post the pic right away when I get home that afternoon.

Here's the pic of the scarves from the first kit:

post-21933-1358976343_thumb.jpg

I also got my second kit today! This one is for hats. The pattern has 2 hats and a headband/ear cover thing and says there is enough yarn to make 2 of them.

I'm glad I didn't call yesterday! :D I honestly got busy and forgot. Anywho, I had my first kit when I got home. :yay I got the scarf kit, too. I'm going to crochet two of them and knit the other. I'll be sure to post pictures when they are done. I won't be able to start them for awhile though because I have swap stuff to finish up first.

I got my second kit over the weekend. My how time flies. I haven't finished all the scarves from the first yet. I'll try to get pics when I do. I love the second kit, great colors and I wanted to make a hat with ear flaps. Can't wait to start.

I'm having trouble getting the second kit started because I have too many projects I'm suppossed to have finished by the 18th!!! :eek:eek:eek I may have my third kit before I get the second one done...LOL!

I have also recently joined the same club!! I love that there is a thread here!

I decided to blog my experience, and thought I would share: http://mackenasadventures.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to follow! I have found errors, issues and fun stuff as well as pricing issues with the kits. I'm rating them as I go for quality, value (Price of kit vs. real price) as well as ease of patterns!

I hope you enjoy! And I look forward to reading all you have too!

<3 Kena

P.S. I wonder if we all get the kits in the same order? My first kit was also Scarves! Second kit is Washcloths!

Archived