afghans and scarves for homeless outreach

dilyca2006

Hi all. Our church will be reaching out to homeless in our area during the months of November, December of 2011. There is nothing set as of this time when something is I will post it here.

In the meantime. We are taking donations of afghans and scarves and caps. If anyone is interested in making and donating an item(no specific pattern, you choose) it would be wonderful.

If you do decide that you would like to help and have something to send, let me know so that I can give you mailing details.

Thank you.

Diane Carroll

• 3 weeks later...

No worries Lisa!!! I understand how life happens!!!!!! Thank you and I will let you know when they arrive.

I've been really sick with a sinus infection, they will be going out Monday!

• 2 weeks later...

The outreach will reach families. No certain colors and no certain size. I am making larger ones (about 52x70 inches) for men.. Some are making smaller ones for babies and children. I am just reaching in my stash or using up what others give me to make the blankets. Hat sizes could be to fit young folks as well as adult men and women. for scarves. I would make them approx. 60 inches long. I can find out what the gals who have done scarves how large they have made them. (did I actually answer any of your questions???LOL) Diane.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you. Will be watching and will let you know when it gets here!!

Diane

If you could Email me the address to send a ghan to hun I can send the yo yo ghan i just completed to you. The email addy is firesidecrochet@aol.com I'll be looking for the email and I'll get the ghan shipped out the first week of Nov .

Thanks again

Kristy

I will watch for it and let you know when I get it.

As of right now, I don't have any of the items (except for what I have made) in my possession. The day of the outreach is November 12th and I will take pix then for sure. I want to show everyone what they have helped with.

sent a pkg. for you , should be there the begining of this week. Please show us some pics of the donations!

sent a pkg. for you. should be there soon! How about some pics of what you have.

• 4 weeks later...

HI Diane!

We're still having car issues. Our car that was towed on October 31 is still in the shop. It is having an engine replaced. We're trying to be patient. Luckily we have been able to rent a car on the weekends a couple of times. Yesterday, I got to the post office and mailed a box to you. It should arrive around Friday of this week. It contains a child-sized round ripple, two hat/scarf sets and two additional hats. Hopefully they will be helpful. I'm sorry this took so long. Blessings on your ongoing ministry. -- Tam.

Archived