Which magazine is best suited to a beginner?

grammieshooked

Hi,

I am relatively new to crochet and have been looking at all the crochet magazines that there are out there to purchase or subscribe to.

Some of them seem much more advanced than I am at this point (a beginner to easy, pattern person) so I am wondering if anyone can telll me which of the many magazines out there would be best suited to a beginner-ish crocheter.

Thanks,

:hook

I like "Crochet Today" magazine. It has patterns for beginners, and they are very cute patterns.

Welcome to Crochetville!

:manyheart

Hi and welcome to the Ville:hook

I'd also recommend Crochet Today. they tend to have a variety of patterns. the how-to in each issue seems good. I think the patterns are clearly written and they generally include schematics of garments so you can be sure you have the measurements right. And perhaps most important, they use stitch symbol diagrams, which are another way of looking at and understanding the pattern. For example, Julie cuff on this page of free patterns that were previously in the magazine http://www.crochettoday.com/taxonomy/term/4?page=1

Buy an issue (or several) and sit down with it and see if it speaks to you. I wouldn't rush to subscribe to anything, even though you can always cancel the sub.

Archived