vintage crochet books

tmpinsnty

Was browsing on http://www.bn.com for "crochet books" and stumbled upon crochet and knitting books that have digitized and are out there for FREE! All these books are past the copyright date. Be fun to look at! I downloaded a couple. You don't need an ereader to use them.you can download the nook software on a lot of things.

Woo Hoo! :woo I've already decided to get a Nook Color, so I'm going to make sure I download all the free crochet books I can find! :cheer

Let me know how you like it. I got the nook and then 6 months later they came out with the color which is what I was saying they should have and I really want that one. But unless I find someone that wants to buy mine I'll have to stay with it for now. I do want to know what you think of it.

Let me know how you like it. I got the nook and then 6 months later they came out with the color which is what I was saying they should have and I really want that one. But unless I find someone that wants to buy mine I'll have to stay with it for now. I do want to know what you think of it.

I doubt I get it before my birthday in May, so you may find somebody else to tell you about it before then. I've been reading up on it through the Nook Color discussion board at B&N and I've watched some really good video reviews at YouTube by mediatech review. You might want to do the same. A cousin has it, and she LOVES it. I'm really looking forward to getting mine. :yes

• 3 weeks later...

also try google books, they have tons of books from 1900 century.

pretty awesome to get different patterns, like those motifs/cross stitch designs

also if you look up 'weave it' and jiffy loom , thus squares are many projects. many things never saw in crochet, but same concept, squares and sew.

books.google.com

and how do we find the books for free? All the ones I've seen are for purchase.

When I go in to search books, I put in 0.00 and it brings up all the free books. I did download some of the free old crochet books and they downloaded but the pages are blank so the next time I go into barnes & noble I will talk to them.

You can also find vintage books in PDF format at www.antiquepatternlibrary.org :)

I'm sure I'd seen this site before. But I must have lost it. thanks for posting it. I downloaded two books last night. I'm going to need another flash-drive just for this site! (and I'm being picky, really)

Dreaming of a kindle for my birthday...all my pdf's will go there...

It so enjoyable browsing these books. I love some of the older titles:

"Knitting without specimens; the modern book of school knitting and crochet"

"The glossilla book of crochet novelties"

"Old and new designs in crochet corset covers and nightgown yokes"

"Home work : a choice collection of useful designs for the crochet and knitting needle : also, valuable recipes for the toilet"

In case anybody would like a direct link to the free crochet ebooks available from B&N, here it is:

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=EBOOK&WRD=crochet+0.00&page=index∏=univ&choice=ebooks&query=crochet+0.00&flag=False&ugrp=2

Thanks so much for the direct link as I couldn't find it before.

Archived