My Irish Crochet Shawl

Katchkan

Thank you everyone for you kind comments. They mean a lot to me. I love sharing my ideas and creation with my fellow crochet addicts.

This shawl has some special memories attached to it also and will be one that I will keep forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Once I saw it I knew I had to try it, I've done a number of other pieces but when I got the pattern one of the materials called for was a mini fine point marker. I've never heard of it, can you illuminate me unless I'm being completely daft and its actually...a mini marker...like a sharpie like object lol

Once I saw it I knew I had to try it, I've done a number of other pieces but when I got the pattern one of the materials called for was a mini fine point marker. I've never heard of it, can you illuminate me unless I'm being completely daft and its actually...a mini marker...like a sharpie like object lol
Yes you need a mini sharpie. You use it to make the centers of the shamrocks. It's an Irish Crochet technique to make padded rings.

Thanks so much for the response, sometimes when I read directions the most obvious seems like that can't be what they mean :lol
You'e more than Welcome. I had to really look to find a common item that was readily available to make the right size rings. Have to think about those things when writting patterns.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Annie's Attic has just released my book of Irish Crochet. So now I can share with all of you my Irish Crochet Shawl. This was a labor of love. I am so pleased with how it turned out. I did it in lustersheen. It is so warm. I used a 0/3.25 mm hook. It measures 45 inches long by 60 inches wide. I love how this one drapes.

Hope you like this one.

[ATTACH]34361[/ATTACH][ATTACH]34362[/ATTACH]

Loved your shawl, bought your book from Annie's attic but what is a mini fine point marker? Do you mean a marking pen because I can't find anything else.

Love Nana

Yes it is a marking pen. You need it to wrap the yarn around to get the right size padded ring. Had to think of something that was easily available.

Loved your shawl, bought your book from Annie's attic but what is a mini fine point marker? Do you mean a marking pen because I can't find anything else.

Love Nana

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived