How much to charge?

Oh, my, you won’t believe this! Someone saw the sweater and wants me to make one for her (and wants to pay me)!!! :c9

Not sure how much to charge. She’s a medium, so the yarn will run about $35 plus tax, but not sure how much I should charge for labor. What is the going amount to charge for your time? :think

Oh, my, you won’t believe this! Someone saw the sweater and wants me to make one for her (and wants to pay me)!!! :c9

Not sure how much to charge. She’s a medium, so the yarn will run about $35 plus tax, but not sure how much I should charge for labor. What is the going amount to charge for your time? :think

i have the same trouble in not knowing what to charge if someone asks me if i would make and sell.

the puppy dog scarf i made i have a lady in a group that want me to make two if i would sell but i have no idea how much i would charge.

mo other problem would be the best way to get the money to me as she is America and i am in the UK

Oh, dear...I had an UGLY thought...should I NOT be charging to make a sweater for someone that's not my original pattern? I figure she's paying me for my time and the yarn, not the pattern itself...but if this isn't kosher, I probably should know now...

Come to find out, the girl wants a different pattern than I thought! It's a DROPS pattern I did a while ago, using Berroco Sundae yarn.

I was still concerned about selling this, so I went and looked up the pattern I'm going to be using (DROPS Garnstudio). It states:

"The sale of garments based on DROPS DESIGN is permitted as long as they are sold as single items or per order. Further commercial use of the patterns is not permitted. It has to be clearly stated that the garment is made based on a design from DROPS DESIGN."

So, I'm assuming that, unless I want to mass-produce a slew of them, I should be okay to sell to one person.

This is the link: http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=97&d_id=3〈=us

I don't suppose anyone else has made this and has managed to get by with a cheaper yarn? I'm not looking forward to spending the $$$ I had to before...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived