Loom Knitted Scarf

cris

I'm really enjoying loom knitting - granted, not as much as crochet, but still :)

I finished this one whilst the wind whipped and a blizzard is being stirred up.

Hello Cris,

I'm also a Loom Knitter & really enjoy it. I haven't Crocheted since the early 80's but I want to also get back into it. I hope to yak at you some time about the Loom Knitting. I've just found & started the Loom Knitting at the end of 2010 so I'm still learning as I go. :cheer loomer

Your scarf came out really nice!

I haven't loom knitted for a long time but I was really into it for a while. Made a bunch of hats for charity. I keep telling my kids that I am going to take a break from crochet and use the looms to let my arms have a break (I have tennis elbow from the repetitive motion and a knobby thing on one of my fingers from crocheting, lol). But then I see another project that I want to make and I don't stop crocheting.

loomer - I'd LOVE to talk about it. I just started (in fact, this is the 3rd thing I've made LOL) and would love to chat and learn from someone else. :)

Dee - oh boy do I completely understand the "then I find another project" LOL

loomer - I'd LOVE to talk about it. I just started (in fact, this is the 3rd thing I've made LOL) and would love to chat and learn from someone else. :)

Dee - oh boy do I completely understand the "then I find another project" LOL

When I found the Looms it took me awhile to start anything. Then when I kicked into it, it's like I hit high gear. LOL I've made 14 Hats, 3 Baby Hat's, 3 Set of Baby Booties, 5 Scarfs, 1 Neck Pillow and now I'm working on 2 Afghans at the same time. I only started the looming around October 2010 myself. I love your picture of your Scarf. loomer :cheer

WOW - that's awesome! I seriously want to try loom knitting some socks :) I haven't gotten a round loom yet but I will!

Socks I haven't tried yet! I haven't learned how to increase or decrease stitches yet. But, I'm going to try it soon. I've done Flat Scarf's on the Long Loom's & Tube Scarf's on the Round Loom's. I like the size of the Red Round Loom for the Tube Scarf's. It makes it wider to cover the neck better. I know you can make a Flat Scarf's & Afghan's on Round Loom's also. loomer

I've been thinking about getting a loom, but haven't made the jump yet. What kind of looms do you use?

I currently have the rectangle looms. I got one at Michaels and one at Walmart. Neither have the peg at the "end" which I learned later from Mikeysmail (guy on youTube) that it's a better loom because it extends the width you can create. Oh well :) I'll know better next time.

Archived