Is it worth it to buy....

Hi ladies! I was just wondering if you ladies think it would be worth the extra money to purchase one of those super life like baby dolls. This would be for advertising items. I have been making alot of baby items and well I don't have a newborn lol. And a regular baby doll just doesn't look near as nice. Those life like baby dolls are expensive. But I really think they look so much nicer. So do you think it's worth it? I'm getting my taxes back soon and would really like to get one. Do you think it helps business? Thanks ladies!!!

I'm not sure about the baby doll but you can browse craigslist and the likes. I know some art majors make sculptures and stuff for their class and sell it instead of disposing it. Also if you know any consignment shops, check there, I use to see mannequins in the back not being used.

Hi Dana, I sell some baby items on etsy and I purchased a reborn doll a few months back for the first time. I thought as you did that she would make a great model. I did shop around and found her really cheap. My doll is larger one which fits a 3 mo size. However, I have seen many more expensive ones that are so realistic. You really need to make sure you get the correct size, some are smaller and wouldn't fit newborn sizes. Being a good photographer is a plus as well. I really couln't say that your investment would be worth it or not, probably according to how much you pay for it. But it could possibly be a business tax deduction for you as well.

Look on ebay and craigslist. You never know - you might come across a great deal to help you make up your mind.

It's a lot cheaper to get a doll then to keep making babies to have around for models :eek lolol

• 1 year later...

I have thought of the same thing. I just found these on etsy and the price seemed nice. Not as expensive as others I have seen.

reborndolls4u.etsy.com

has anyone else bought from her before?

• 6 months later...

Archived