alibra

Curling....

Does all knitting curl? I am doing a scarf three knit at the beginning and end of each row and it is still curling. Please tell me it will lay flat when I am done with it...grrrrr!!

In a word, yes, all stockinette knitting curls. You don't say what pattern you are using but if there is a lot of stockinette background even garter stitch edges will curl. I'm sending you to TechKnitter, a fabulous blog on the technical aspects of knitting. Because there are several entries on exactly the topic you want, just scroll down to the Dec. 12 entry to get the first in her series on controlling the curling scarf. There are three or four entries on this topic.

Hope you get your scarf like you want it!

ETA: to make things clearer

Edited by HomekeepingGran

Thank you Carla, it is a basic three knit, then stockinette stitch, then three knit. Looks like the stockingnette is framed in knit...but it is curling in the middle, I am hoping to wash it in cold water and woolite and lay it flat, maybe a wet press...I don't know, but thank you for the link, I will look, anything is a help. be well!

What you are describing will curl. That is the nature of stockinette. Sorry.

Stockinette does tend to really curl, and a garter st edge will help, but 3 sts of garter is a rather thin border and may not help much.

are you following a pattern?