Looking for this blanket pattern

brenna

Question

Hi Everyone I am looking for this pattern. This was posted on the Red Heart site on Facebook. I called Red Heart and it is not one of their patterns. Have you seen this pattern anywhere? If you have could you tell me where I might buy the pattern? This is just such a georgeous baby blanket and I just have to have the pattern. By the way about four or five hundred more people would appreciate your sharing where to get it too. So if you have seen this pattern somewhere please please let me know.

Thanks in Advance

brenna

179448_1692485924464_1607267541_1559909_7087307_n.jpg

I think a pattern that is close is in Crocheted favorites & Originals of Jessie Abularach Volume 2 and the pattern is a treble shawl pattern that is made into a blanket and a border around it. look at the treble shawl picture. Somebody here led me to this pattern. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280590545607&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I agree it looks like the shawl pattern but I would work the outer row of each shell in the Front loop only to make the shells stand out like they do. The shawl from the pattern booklet looks like it was made in a sport weight yarn and the baby blanket a worsted weight yarn. I will have to search through my patterns. I would like to try to make this pretty blanket.

That is a beautiful blanket. I looked up the leisure arts 2019 on the internet the pic is so small couldn't tell if it was the same.

I did the same and couldn't see it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cleanoutmyclosets

Hey folks, that's my first try at the baby shell pattern that we all loved so much. That shell pattern in the booklet is no where near what I've done there. Matter of fact, all the patterns that everyone suggests using are nowhere near what I did. It seems I see the pattern differently than a lot of people. I actually have made few more styles of this afghan, but got caught up in a ton of copyright issues, so it just didn't seem worth the trouble of going any further with it. I made several afghans in slightly different styles and am very pleased with what I have done and will post the pictures at flickr again, but until I find out for sure about the all the legal issues, I won't be passing along any of my patterns. But I'm glad you like it.

I respect Varietyshoppingstore's right to ask people to stop discussing the afghan. The stitch pattern she uses is not in any stitch dictionaries or pattern books currently available in the US; if it were it would have been found by now. When somebody has an original creation or a pattern that has been passed down through their family, they don't have any obligation to publish a pattern for the design.

If we all put our minds to the task of creating original works, instead of spending hours upon hours searching for patterns, there's no telling what we might come up with:hook

Hi everyone!

We are the original seller and creator of this blanket and pattern. We created this pattern. Please we ask you to stop here. Respect the decision that we have of not sharing this pattern. You don't have the permission to copy or share it. It's not right to copy someone's else creation. It takes effort and time to create a pattern. It's our right and decision to not share or sell it. I hope you understand since we wouldn't like to go further with this issue. Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cleanoutmyclosets

Hey folks, that's my first try at the baby shell pattern that we all loved so much. That shell pattern in the booklet is no where near what I've done there. Matter of fact, all the patterns that everyone suggests using are nowhere near what I did. It seems I see the pattern differently than a lot of people. I actually have made few more styles of this afghan, but got caught up in a ton of copyright issues, so it just didn't seem worth the trouble of going any further with it. I made several afghans in slightly different styles and am very pleased with what I have done and will post the pictures at flickr again, but until I find out for sure about the all the legal issues, I won't be passing along any of my patterns. But I'm glad you like it.

Hi everyone!

We are the original seller and creator of this blanket and pattern. We created this pattern. Please we ask you to stop here. Respect the decision that we have of not sharing this pattern. You don't have the permission to copy or share it. It's not right to copy someone's else creation. It takes effort and time to create a pattern. It's our right and decision to not share or sell it. I hope you understand since we wouldn't like to go further with this issue. Thanks!

As you can clearly read on my last post I have no intentions of doing anything with the pattern that I did. But I can say that everything I did on my afghans are pretty standard pattern stitches that are as old as the hills. My grandmother made a baby bunting that is very much like this shell pattern and of course nothing was ever written down. I also have seen something like this in a popular needlework magazine of the 60's that was made as a ladies coat. Also in some Russian magazines from the 90's. I personally think it's almost impossible to come up with anything that is REALLY NEW or ORIGINAL. I can see the patterns of today looking and working up very much like the patterns of the 20's or 30's and even earlier.

the original babyghan pattern is copywrited but the stitch pattern itself is not. It's a type of shell pattern. I believe (since the 1 person who has made a similar ghan has stated that she does NOT intend to share the patterns that SHE came up w/ due to possible infringement that a) shows that others may have had similar ideas/creations w/o seeing yours (and the post w/ the link to the older booklet can be evidence of that as well) b) that this thread may be solely meant as a way to show appreciation for your work/creations, and c) that even though most love your pattern, that we actually DO respect copywrite laws since we are not asking for others to come up w/ a patter, but if they should find 1 similar to it (thusly not infringing on yours ). Personally, I think you could make more money selling the pattern than the finished product, but also respect your perrogative to do it as you do.

Hi everyone!

Lucy your work is beautiful!!! As far as copyrights, where exactly do we draw the line??? Our mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers, etc, etc, etc, have ALL been making afghans, shawls, throws, etc with combinations of shell stitches forever!!! It could easily be claimed that the "Varietyshoppingstore" has infringed on THEIR rights! People should settle down and realize you cannot OWN an idea that thousands of people also have! Keep up the great work Lucy and we will all be watching for the scan.

Annie's Attic has published a Splash Tank Top pattern that seems to be using a very similar stitch pattern.

So can we get an expert opinion from Amy here? I don't know that a stitch is copyright-able (is that a word?), and I agree that a stitch really can' t be kept "proprietary". I ordered the Jessie Aburlach book from Amazon today and when I get it I will see if that is the same stitch. If it is, is it going to be okay for me to use that pattern?

Archived