Dishcloths of 2011 CAL.........

teakaycee

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sun .::Good Afternoon::.

How is everyone today? Got busy gettin’ some things done around the house before I sit on here and spend the day crocheting. Thank you so much for all the sweet compliments on my dishcloths.

Well………….Patrick decided to go for it and go to the try outs. He did fantastic. When it was all over… we were packing up and Patrick went to shake the two coaches hands and tell them thanks… One coach said… “Dude… your off speed pitching is electric” The other coach said…. “man….. your slider was wicked” So needless to say… Patrick road home last night with the biggest smile on is tired little face!

Thank you all for the sweet comments … love and thoughts for Patrick!

I’m off to the post office today to mail a few friendship squares and a gift…. So while I’m in town I’m going to talk further with the town mayor about the clerk job.

Okay… off to get more coffee! Then get my mail ready!

Have a great day everyone!

:heart

:mug

,___,

[O.o]

/)__) ‘~~Good Morning………..

-"--"- ˚* ˚ ˚* ˛˚ .. \\..° ˚ • ★ *˚ .

Well…… today is the day……… hubby gets his groshong out today. It’s a line that was placed in his chest so that blood draws and his treatments could be done without stabbing him with an IV every time.

The Dr. doesn’t want to see him for a blood draw for 2 months…. And every 2 months after that. If blood work looks good each time… they wont do a biopsy for a year. Talk about excitement here!

Michael is still doing great! He is still in remission and enjoying his summer!

Thank you all for your love and continued prayers for my family!

I'll be taking some cotton with me today to get some dishcloths made. I've signed a deal with a local little Soap Shop to sell my dish/bath cloths there! :yay

have a great day ladies

(¯` * •. ¸ ¸ • * '¯) ♥ Good Morning ♥ (¯` * •. ¸ ¸ • * '¯)

How is everyone this fine Saturday morning?

I’m doin’ pretty good… I do have a headache this morning that is more than its normal dullness… but so is life.. .if its not one thing its another! I wont give satan the satisfaction of getting me down. I’m plowing through and am going to have a good productive day!

Yesterday was busy… got my boys up early so we could go get my mom from the mechanic and take her to her eye appointment… she then treated us to breakfast at IHOP. Boys loved it!!!! Well I did too. J We dropped her off at her car… headed home for a little rest… then off to a Omaha Stormchasers Baseball game! Oh.. how we love baseball….. our Chasers lost… but it was a good game!

Today… I’m going to crochet crochet crochet. I was kinda wanting to work on getting my craft room back in order… but we’ll see if that falls into the day. We’ve been so good lately about getting our house back one room a time… I don’t want to stop… but I feel like all I did this last week was run.

Anyway need a coffee refill

Gotta get busy on fundraiser stuff for hubby! :hook

God Bless you ladies………… have a wonderful weekend!

.:: Good Morning ::.

Well… I have a load of laundry going… the dishwasher empty… 4th pot of coffee going and my crocheting ready to get back to. Good day so far!!! Still fussin’ with this headache…. Dang thing… I cant seem to get it down to a dull roar. Yesterday I tried hard to visit on here… head was hurtin’ so bad I couldn’t see well so to read or type was difficult :sigh.

Anyway... time for some show & share...

here's a couple new dishcloth sets....

post-18634-135897686078_thumb.jpg

Well………… back to my crocheting!!!! :hook and of course… more :mug

post-18634-135897686065_thumb.jpg

Hello can anyone join this? :)

I taught myself to crochet in June using youtube (US terms) ands so am pretty new at making anything.

After seeing someone made dishcloths on the 'kitchen' board I was really curious. I was imagining dishcloths made with yarn and I just couldn't see them as being useable. :think

So off to google to do some research and with some cotton yarn given to me by a friend, this is the result. :crocheting

I haven't used it yet, I just put it with the washed dishes to give the impression I had! :laughroll

I loved using the peaches and creme yarn, but it seems really hard to source in the UK. does anyone know anywhere that sells this?

I'm thinking to make a round shaped one now to go with this. Are they as good to use as a square shaped? I guess I'm just so used to bought dishcloths!

:hook

post-52135-135897687129_thumb.jpg

post-52135-135897687131_thumb.jpg

.:: Good Morning ladies ::.

Thank you all for your compliments on my dishcloths!!! I gotta make a few more today to add to the pile to take to the shop!

Cindy... I love those! The colors are great for a guy! ^5

Welcome Kim........... So nice to have you come play with us. Your dishcloths are beautiful!! Round... Square... triangle... what ever you like ... make :hook The fun with dishcloths is they can be as simple or not as you like. They make great gifts. They are a great quick satisfaction project... and everybody could use one! :D

You might look at buying yarn online. Or if you have family or friends in the states.. anytime they may be sending something your way that you know of... have them toss a ball or two of cotton in there! :D

have a great day ladies....

Thanks all for your lovely kind comments and warm welcomes! All very much appreciated. :hug

I've now made a round one today with the other colour yarn my friend gave me. It's somewhat more frilly that what it's supposed to be, but at least that makes it individual! :lol

Tam, I've been looking online at this yarn and it seems like it's being discontinued, the company has been sold or something. Maybe that's why it's hard to get hold of in the UK. I should be able to get some online at anyrate. :)

So this is peaches and creme 100% cotton yarn, could I ask what anyone else uses and would recommend please. Thanks!

I'm going to look back at all your lovely dishcloths now as well.

:)

post-52135-135897687326_thumb.jpg

post-52135-135897687329_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for your lovely kind comments and warm welcomes! All very much appreciated. :hug

I've now made a round one today with the other colour yarn my friend gave me. It's somewhat more frilly that what it's supposed to be, but at least that makes it individual! :lol

Tam, I've been looking online at this yarn and it seems like it's being discontinued, the company has been sold or something. Maybe that's why it's hard to get hold of in the UK. I should be able to get some online at anyrate. :)

So this is peaches and creme 100% cotton yarn, could I ask what anyone else uses and would recommend please. Thanks!

Really cute dishcloths and I love the yarn in both. :cheer

Well after looking through this whole thread and seeing all your beautiful dishcloths (what a talented group you are! :clap They're all beautiful) I was straight back to make another myself.

I think I might be getting a little obssessed. :embar

post-52135-135897687819_thumb.jpg

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

hoppin' in to say HI and have a great day!

Beautiful!!!! I think you did a great job!

Well after looking through this whole thread and seeing all your beautiful dishcloths (what a talented group you are! :clap They're all beautiful) I was straight back to make another myself.

I think I might be getting a little obssessed. :embar

Another beauty!!! LOL... addicting arent they!?! I love to make dishcloths.. they are so quick and bring such instant satisfaction!

I'm way late for this party but I have been working on dishcloths this week so I'll join in for the fun. welcome welcome welcome! Nice to have you join the fun! Cant wait to see pics of your pretties!!

Here are the three dishcloths I made last week. I'm making them for my sister-in-law and have a few more to go. The two crocheted ones are actually the same pattern and same size but I guess one of them is cropped and the other one did not need to be cropped.

post-28831-135897687884_thumb.jpg

post-28831-135897687886_thumb.jpg

post-28831-135897687888_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived