Kimblee

Folding washcloths?

Anyone know ornamental ways to fold a wash cloth? Like into roses or something?

I found some tutorials but they don't look that great with a crocheted cloth. I just want a pretty way to fold them for their new owners.

Look for ways to fold linen dinner napkins. That might give you some ideas. I don't know about now, but restaurants used to have a number of fancy folds.

There's the coffee cup that has dishcloths that look like roses with the green one to look like leaves. (I have no idea where it is but I've seen it here)

what I've done is roll them into cylinders and tied with a ribbon, or you could use contrasting color yarn to tie them. it's simple but i thouhgt it looked nice.

Here is one option for the flower bouquet RoseRed mentioned. There are several other tutorials out there, too. http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/dishcloth-butterfly-blossom-bouquet--what-knots-crochet-by-strwberri1-on-etsy

Edit - That's a paid one. I'll keep looking for the free one.

Edited by nicolep

Thanks for finding and posting the link to make the bouquet. I have both of those patterns and have made several of the flower dishcloths. I have a friend going into surgery soon and I think that I'll make a dishcloth bouquet for her instead of buying flowers. :hook

I made a dishcloth bouquet for my sister in law,when we stayed with them for a weekend, and she liked it so much that she didn't want to take it apart to use the dishcloths.

I actually got the idea form a post on Crochet-ville, and when I did a search I found several tutorials.