Grow (?) Mittens

Mom w/a Motif

I received a handwritten copy of a mitten pattern. It was called "Grow Mittens". I did a search on Ravelry to see if I could find any on there/where the pattern might be from. (Just curious.) I found one person had some, she called them "Grow With Me". Anyway~~ I knitted a pair for our 8 yr old. Then I asked my son to ask his teacher what her favorite color(s) is/are. :devil When I was about halfway done with the second mitten, I found out he was going to be moving up a grade, for the second semester. So I hurried up and finished them (I had until Friday) & gave them to her as a thank you/going away (?) gift. She looked like she really liked them, she put them on immediately & said her hands are always cold, even in June. :manyheart

Does anyone know anything about this pattern? I would be interested in knowing some more about it. :) (I love it!) ETA: The blue ones are my sons. His teachers favorite colors are turquoise or hot pink. I made them turquoise, since it's also the school color. :cheer

post-20-135897620706_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897620713_thumb.jpg

If you haven't already, do try Ravelry. There very well may be more than one group dedicated to mittens there, it's so huge. I never thought about Michelin Man Mittens before but they do look like they have room to grow. Cool-looking pattern!

• 3 months later...

Archived