Japanese Symbol Crochet

HappyOldCro

This is a duplicate of a post I placed in General Crochet subjects but felt it might have been better posted here...:hook

Learn Lace Crochet with Japanese Symbols

I won lot of pattern books on ebay, in with the lot was a book called" Nihon Vogue Basic Lace". It is terrific for those wanting to learn Symbol Crochet and how to make basic lace. It covers Motifs, Pineapples, Filet and Trellis stitches as well as step by step instructions from making the magic ring to start on through increases, decreases, changing colors, different ways to join motifs and so much more. All the possible symbols are listed and demonstrated. This is also great for the thread crocheter who wants to use some of the Japanese books and patterns.

Oh it also shows how to make ruffled doilies and edgings. It has several patterns using these tecniques, along with the diagrams.

I checked on the web to see if this book was still available before I mentioned it here, and found that Amazon, Ebay, Alibris, Bookfinder and LibraryThing all have, or have in the past had it. There is also a link for Nihon Vogue itself. I didn't copy all the links here, but suggest that if you are interested put the above book name in your search engine, there may be even more links than I mentioned. Great for newbies to using thread.

Sounds like a great book!

Is the text in English? I have a couple that are, but most are in Japanese as far as the text, but the illustrations that show the "how-to" are so clear you don't need words anyway.

Oh, if you wanted to give the ISBN # that would also help people search for it:)

Sounds like a great book!

Is the text in English? I have a couple that are, but most are in Japanese as far as the text, but the illustrations that show the "how-to" are so clear you don't need words anyway.

Oh, if you wanted to give the ISBN # that would also help people search for it:)

This is all English, I am sorry I didn't have this back 60 years ago when I was learning, :lol.

The ISBN: 0-87040-651-5 It was copyrighted in 1986

The original distributors were in Tokyo, New York, Canada and Australia, so those folks should be able to research it too....

I have this book and I love it.

I also have another Japanese book ONDORI. Pineapple Lace. Its all in foreign language and in graphs which I can read the graphs. I got it thru Amazon, but I had a hard time buying it, I had to email Amazon and 2 days later they got back with me. I had to go to Amazon in Japan site and register there, and buy it there, Somewhere on the page you can click to English. It took 2-3 weeks to get here but was well worth it. The ISBN is 4-277-22103, and it has yellow flowers on the front. this book is loaded with Pineapples! and all in charted graphs.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4277221033/ref=nosim/bookfinder4u-22

Archived