Pisgah Yarn & Dyeing Plant Closing

As far as I know, the Honeysuckle yarns are no longer made by anyone.

The Pisgah Company was bought by Lily, which is in Canada. Lily makes Sugar 'n Cream PLUS Peaches & Creme that used to be made by Elmore Pisgah. Even though we think these 2 "brands" are competitors, they're both made by Lily now.

In the meantime, Lily is now owned by Spinrite, along with Patons, Bernat, and the Simply Soft section of Carons, in case any of us still live under the illusion these companies are competitors either.

The last I knew, Spinrite has NOT bought Red Heart.

You can contact Spinrite because they are on the Net, and see if they have any ideas about the yarn you need. Your best bet is probably to seek for people who still have some in their stash, because none would be special made for you now. What you want is industrial dyed, not personally done because of the type of chemicals that are needed.

I would check here, Ravelry, Etsy, and E-Bay.

Rachael, I totally missed your asking how to get hold of the factory to have the same yarn specially made....Even if the factory was still in production (which it isn't), or even if one of Spinrite's other company factories made DK weight rayon chenille (which they don't, I checked), and even if you were willing to spend the thousands of dollars it would cost for this (non existing) factory to tool up this special small order (expensive) with specially purchased material unique to your order (can be really expensive, often material needs to be ordered in huge volumes and you would end up paying for all of it), it wouldn't match your old, different dye lot.  

I hope you can find some old balls of this defunct yarn with the same dye lot from the search sections here or at Ravelry, but I think finding the same dye lot would be unlikely - you said you have already ordered the same yarn, but it doesn't match presumably because the dye lots are different.  Unfortunately I think your best bet is to start your project over and buy a sufficient yardage a different new yarn of the same dye lot to complete your project. I haven't worked with chenille and don't know if it is difficult to rip out, but maybe you can find another smaller project to use the old yarn for.

Or...  if you still have the non-matching dye lots you bought, stripes might be a way to go - rip what you have and re-make the project with subtle shades of hunter green stripes.

Good luck!

That was another idea I had too, to stripe your project if possible. Granny Square thought of it before me!

If you alternate the Hunter green with a light green, or yellow, or cream (or whatever) it's usually not noticeable when the dye lot changes if it's not too different from the original.

Usually when I make stripes, I use 3 colors or more, so there's a bit of distance before any particular color repeats.

Actually, I'm getting ready to start an Autumn sweater that will have the main colors of dark green and midnight blue, with smaller amounts of wine, and tiny amounts of yellow.

Archived