Happy Yellow House/Crochet Quilts CAL

twinklesnow

I was thinking it would be cool to start up another happy yellow house crochet along. I am about to start working on my first happy yellow house quilt-ghan! Also if you guys know of any other crochet quilt sites please post it up so I can add it on this first post for us to look at.

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/hearts.html

This will be the one I want to make first.

When you decide on the first one you want to make please feel free to share the link and then post progress pics as you go along!

Right now I got to make -

147 red squares

147 blue squares

300 white squares

30 white/red squares

30 white/blue squares

I think that I counted it right.

I tried to start one from happy yellow house..when I downloaded the pattern 1/2 the colors that WERE in the picture were not on the pattern. I didn't see where it told me how many squares I needed of the colors that it did show.

My bigger problem was trying to get the gauge for the squares as each different color of yarn isn't the same and when making a square that small I have some that are over 1/2 " of from the next.

Ok can you tell I have become frustrated?? :lol I have set the whole thing aside and maybe I need this to get me going again....

So how much difference in the square size can the squares be and still have it look decent and not to ruffled in the end?

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the pattern you will see a graph of the pattern and thats how you count how many squares of each color you need to make by counting those squares. They dont tell you on the pattern itself how many to make though.

I've picked out a pattern. Need to go through my stash and see if I can come up with enough yarn in compatible colors. If not, shopping will be required toward the end of next week (oops, they goes my stash busting score). Trying to work on several projects at once and that always makes progress go a little slower. I need to complete the Charity CAL that is going on this weekend. Will try to go back to the site and link the pattern I want to use.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the pattern you will see a graph of the pattern and thats how you count how many squares of each color you need to make by counting those squares. They dont tell you on the pattern itself how many to make though.

And such was the problem... the graph only had part of the colors that was in the actual pattern and what the graph had wasn't nearly as pretty to me as the actual pattern!

Ok there is another one I might do instead for me :D

But how far off on size can the squares be and still work?

Archived