magiccrochetfan

options for viewing new posts

Is it just me, or did we lose the option to view new posts grouped by topic? there used to be a dropdown to choose to view by topic or by time posted. now the dropdown box is gone.

I just did it and you are right, the dropdown is gone.

I really like to be able to see new posts by topic. I hope it's just temporarily unavailable, not gone for good!:eek

wait i just noticed some of the smileys are different too.....aaack, what's happening, my world is changing.......lol

Thanks for posting!

I upgraded the forum last night and the one thing left on my To Do list is returning the New Posts link to its correct format. (What you're seeing now is the default, and the other way is a customization I added some time ago.)

As for the smileys, thank you for noticing! I will fix that right away! (Again, what you're seeing is the default smileys, and I need to re-add our custom ones.)

Since I always use the New Posts by Time it's one less step for me. :yes

Thanx for everything you do here to keep the ville such an awesome place!:manyheart

Thanx for everything you do here to keep the ville such an awesome place!:manyheart
Aw, thank you! :hug

Smilies (and icons!) have been fixed. Now I will work on the New Posts link.

Thank you so much, Donna!:cheer

I really love being able to view new posts by topic :) I've wondered if it might ever be possible to have the topic option for viewing Today's Posts under the Quick Links tab. That would be great for the times that I don't make it all the way through the New Posts the first time I log on for the day.

Thank you so much, Donna!:cheer
You're welcome! :hug

I've wondered if it might ever be possible to have the topic option for viewing Today's Posts under the Quick Links tab. That would be great for the times that I don't make it all the way through the New Posts the first time I log on for the day.
I'll look into that.

New Posts has been fixed. Hopefully my new solution will be better for everybody -- no extra steps. Two separate links: New Posts (Time) and New Posts (Forum).

How cool! Great idea to put them right up there.
Thank you! Sometimes I am just thinking more logically than others, I guess. :D

I just noticed we have how-to videos now too! Very cool!
Yes, the video section is new as of last week! They are crochet and craft videos from 5min.com. Some time in the future we hope to have our own in-house videos up, too. But that will be later. :lol

New Posts has been fixed. Hopefully my new solution will be better for everybody -- no extra steps. Two separate links: New Posts (Time) and New Posts (Forum).

Donna, I love you :lol What a great way to do it! just one step for everybody :hug

And thank you for looking into the idea about the Today's Posts.

Donna, I love you :lol What a great way to do it! just one step for everybody :hug
Aw, thank you! :blush

Thanks Donna, sometimes I am afraid to say anything, cause I never know if it's me, my pc or what...

You guys really spoil us. :hugs