Bernat Pipsqueak

babypoohsmom

I bought some Bernat baby yarn at Joann's this weekend. It's called Pipsqueak. Has anyone else bought this? I can't find any patterns on the Bernat website or over at Ravelry. Maybe I am spelling it wrong?

Anyway, I'd love to hear (See!) what someone else is doing. It's soft and fuzzy and looks like it might be a pain to use like Baby Clouds, but I couldn't pass it up. :D

No, I didn't see any free patterns. I keep my eyes out for those. I wonder if a star will be difficult because I get the feeling it is going to be hard to "see" stitches with this yarn.

I still have about 8 skeins of Baby Clouds I abandoned, so I don't know why I bought it. I think I can't pass on something that SOFT!

Beware the Joann's store that is passing out free KoolAid by the front door! :P

• 1 month later...

I bought Bernat Pipsqueak Baby Baby print in AC Moore and ran short. Have not been able to find it anywhere but on the Bernat site, it says it is new and coming to stores in May 2011

Coming Soon

• A soft chunky weight yarn that knits and crochets up quickly.
  • Featuring a fun shade range in an easy care yarn.
  • Ideal for kids and babies.

Available starting May 1, 2011

• 3 months later...

I adore this yarn (a little upset it's difficult to find and now only sold in 100g skeins). That said the stitches are difficult to see (which is part of why I like the yarn it looks like a piece of fleece when knitted together). Because I struggle crocheting with this type of yarn I prefer to knit and have made a gorgeous blanket for my cousin who is having a baby boy. I used a pattern found on the Bernat site and is called a diagonal blanket. You cast on 5 stitches, then knit two, yarn over, and continue knitting. The pattern calls for you to continue increasing up to 168 stitches I go until the blanket is the size I want and then decrease. To decrease you knit two, knit two together, yarn over, and knit two together. The yarn over provides a cute little eyelet border. With the pipsqueak yarn you can't really see the eyelet so you could probably take out the yarn over and increase a different way.

Hey Lois,

I am sure all of the words in your post are knitty English, but it might as well be Chinese. I have tried several times to learn to knit. I have several good friends who have all tried and are astonished at how bad at it I can be given that I crochet.

BTW, welcome aboard. I see you hit here with post #1.

Pipsqueak yarn still sits in a bin looking adorable.

I bought out Joann's in the NW of pipsqueak yarn :lol I went as far east as Montana to find what I could! It was the large skeins that it appears they no longer make. Bummer..

I started a rr afghan with it. I didn't find it terribly difficult to work with, easy to feel where the stitch below was. I makes into the most softest squooshiest blanket...I am not sure I will give it away when it is done. Since it is so dense and I had run out of yarn I probably won't finish it til fall when a warmer baby blankie would be needed. I LOVE this stuff!

I bought some of the Bernat Pipsqueak yarn from my Walmart today. It seems to be really similar in texture to the Red Heart Buttercup line which I saw at Joannes a couple of weeks ago but Pipsqueak is labeled as machine washable where as Buttercup was handwash only. I was thinking what wonderful yarn this would be for chemo caps when I bought it. If you are looking for patterns, do a search on the Red Heart website for patterns for Buttercup - there are a few there.

• 1 month later...

I purchased this yarn at Joann's and made a baby blanket for my grandson. I used the pattern that came with the yarn. It came out very soft and after working with the yarn it became easier to use. I did look on the Bernat website and they have four patterns that you can download. Two are for crocheting and two are for knitting. I have found it difficult to find this yarn, but you can purchase it on their website and if you look on the web there are several other places that I found to purchase it. I'm sure I will use this yarn again if I can find it.

If it is hard to see the stitches you have to learn to feel the yarn that is I taught myself to work with boucle yarns once I got to using this yarn I was totally in love with it. It is a challenge but it can be done you may find you really love the yarn. Have you e-mail Bernat to ask about patterns for there yarn?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I bought this yarn too and started a baby blanket out of the new Bernat book. It's so soft but I first tried to crochet and forget it!!! I moved on to knit which is easier to see. I bought enough yarn for my crochet project so I will try that using another baby weight yarn in the same color along with the Pipsqueak. That will undoubtedly make it easier. Thanks for the tip!!!

• 1 year later...

Archived