5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

Yup. You always have to skip the 2 in the valley - just like a regular straight ripple.

Hm... I'm doing mine wrong then. However, since it seems to still be working, I'm going to go with it and just v-stitch more often if necessary. Instead of dcdec on each side of the valley, I'm 3dcdcr the over the 3 stitches. One on each side of the valley and the stitch in the valley. I guess that's wrong? Like I said I'm going to keep it up though since it's working and I don't know if doing it right now will mess me up going forward. I think I read something wrong. I did wonder why it was different than in the rr but since it was working i figured there must be more than 1 way to do it right.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

using the 3dcdec created a valley with a hole in it.

As long as it's working for you - then it's working. The reason I use a 3dcdec before the point is so that you don't have a giant hole underneath it.

I've made entire round ripples using that technique so it does work.

using the 3dcdec created a valley with a hole in it.

As long as it's working for you - then it's working. The reason I use a 3dcdec before the point is so that you don't have a giant hole underneath it.

I've made entire round ripples using that technique so it does work.

Oh. I guess I understand, kinda. I don't have giant holes, though. Hmm, but like you said... if it's working, it's working. :)

Hi guys...just checking in to see the progress....love the way the colors are working out for everybody. I haven't started mine yet in the greens, been a hectic weekend. Will hopefully start tomorrow.

But...got some exciting news about my yarn dilemma...

i got a message from the 2nd person on ravelry that has the vari i need in her stash...with a response that she has alot, and...its the SAME lot # as what i have. WooHoo.....thanks for the suggestion kook!!

:c9

Amy, if you ever want to try an easy ripple pattern, go to attic24...Lucy has an awesome pattern posted there that I have made 2 completed lapghans from and started a 3rd one for my stepdaughter. Its very easy, and easy to understand the concept of how the ripple works. She has an awesome picture tutorial and directions are easy to follow. I warn you though, her blog is very addicting...she's quite crafty and all her work is very colorful!

Amy, if you ever want to try an easy ripple pattern, go to attic24...Lucy has an awesome pattern posted there that I have made 2 completed lapghans from and started a 3rd one for my stepdaughter. Its very easy, and easy to understand the concept of how the ripple works. She has an awesome picture tutorial and directions are easy to follow. I warn you though, her blog is very addicting...she's quite crafty and all her work is very colorful!

I LOVE her. And her hexagon pattern. I'm definitely familiar with her. I have a hexaghan WIP pic on my blog that uses her hex pattern. I'll have to explore her blog a bit more. Thanks for the tip!! :)

i got a message from the 2nd person on ravelry that has the vari i need in her stash...with a response that she has alot, and...its the SAME lot # as what i have. WooHoo.....thanks for the suggestion kook!!

:clap:clap:clap:clap YAY! Glad to hear that!

I'm passed where I had to frog from now so everything from now on is PROGRESS ;)

I'm not turning every row, I'm turning with my stripes so for now its every three rows then it will go to every two rows and then towards the end it will be every row. Less confusing for me if I do it like this.

post-14036-135897619721_thumb.jpg

oh kookie - it's PERFECT!

ladibug - so glad you found the yarn you need!

off to make hamburgers - hubby's grilling tonight.

I can't start the starburst yet. I thought I had royal blue but I don't. Hopefully, they'll have some at walmart.

:DThank you :D

I had the most succulent lamb shank in rosemary and mint gravy for dinner today. You have no idea how grateful I am to have a husband who loves to cook :lol

Who are you making the Spideyghan for?

An old friend from highschool that I hooked up with on facebook. We're going to get together when we go home to visit in April. She has 2 little kids so they need blankets. a 2 yr old boy and a 5 yr old girl.

Kook, your progress is coming along great!! Love those colors together.

Amy, wow....thats really pretty!!

I started mine last night during the football game. (i can not just sit and watch tv...gotta be doing something)

I started it in the cream, so the whole star is solid cream, then i'm doing the color change for rnd 7, then back to the cream for the added points, and back to the same color in rnd. 7.

Yep, i'm pretty excited about finding the yarn too! So I will have a total of 3 skeins I can use to finish the one for my MIL. :yay:clap:clap:clap :yay

Did everybody have a good weekend?? Mine was sorta hectic (saturday) and then yesterday was pretty laid back...watched both playoff games. The girls are at our house through Tuesday with school being closed today and tomorrow...its been a good weekend so far with them. :manyheart

:clap Tam!!

This is an awesome pattern to follow. I love how the star just pops at you!!

Kook - I think i have the same headache....i've been suffering with it since this morning, and I'm at work :blush struggling really badly. Not a good day here. Hope you feel better.

Probably not gonna have any yarn time tonight if it doesn't go away.

Tam, did you find some stash yarn to get started??

Kook, how's your headache? Hope you are feeling better today.

Amy, did you work on yours any yesterday??

Mary, how's your's coming?

RoseRed, you been yarn shopping yet??

I tried to work on mine last night, but just couldn't wrap my head around it...had to take some more medicine, then went to bed early. A much better day today.

My headache is on the wane thank goodness so I managed to get a bit of crochet time this morning, 6 rows rounds and I'm now at 25" peak to peak and it is still laying lovely and flat :cheer thank you RoseRed!

It is the ripples in the round ripples that had put me off making one before :crocheting

If I get into the 2 row stripe section tonight I'll post an updated pic :)

Archived