5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

Thanks Amy...I may have to do that. I just searched over 50 pages on Ravelry of yarn stash with only 1 person having it specified having that color. Also posted on ISO thread.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok - If you want it to be 6 feet across and you only have a couple skeins then figure out a color stripe option and use the varigated again around the 3 - 3 1/2 foot mark.

So - what's everyone doing for dinner? Hubby's gotta work tonight so it's leftovers for me and DD.

Busy day here! And yes I did get some :crocheting time in yesterday but forgot to post pic!

So here is the start of the sage and varigated one - that will probably have some slate blue and varigated worked in to - not sure yet how I will place them - just playing around with the colorway at present ;)

And as for the Patriotic color schemed one I was asked to test for Michelle - here's the link!

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...view=slideshow

post-10396-135897618776_thumb.jpg

Mary - loving the look of the vari on that.

Amy - if you're not happy with the rippling then don't keep going on it. It ripples because there's too many stitches. It's not a clear enough pic to really see what you're doing in the valleys of the 2nd set of points.

I would frog back at least 3 rows. Do a dcdec on either side of the valley and cut down on the number of sts that you have OR

Once you're up to 20 points you need to work (1 row of Vst and 1 row of shell). Try that. You could also try working a dcdec on either side of the valley to cut down on the number of sts.

You're no longer working off the patten and I haven't made one that adds in an additional 10 points making it a 20 point ripple.

Dilemma Update:

I sent a message to 2 gals on Ravelry who showed they had the yarn I need in their stash...Got 1 reply from 1 who says she has 1 skein left after making Christmas gifts...not sure if she is selling or trading at the moment, but she's willing to send it to me! :clap So 1 by 1 I'm collecting the yarn :lol No responses in the ISO thread I started here. :(

So....still on hold as to how to proceed.

Thats a good idea Michele...Actually i'm about at that stage now when I finish the row I've started with the yellow. I haven't finished that row...got a little discouraged. It is more for the back of her couch, not so much as a snuggle-under blankie, so as long as i can get it to 5 feet and it look good with the color patterns, then I will be happy.

Lesson learned though....make sure i have enough yarn in all colors before i start a project....:yes:rofl

We went to dinner at a local Pizza place last night...i've never been, but they are known for great pizza. It was really yummy!

Tonight's dinner plans are homemade chicken nuggets (i use pancake flour in my breading to keep it lighter, and soak them in milk) and french fries...got the munchkins this weekend!!

Since most of the housework got done yesterday, I can crochet today!!! Might start the starburst RR for my mom today...at least get the star part done. Got them WIPs to work on too....:devil

Mary - loving the look of the vari on that.

Amy - if you're not happy with the rippling then don't keep going on it. It ripples because there's too many stitches. It's not a clear enough pic to really see what you're doing in the valleys of the 2nd set of points.

I would frog back at least 3 rows. Do a dcdec on either side of the valley and cut down on the number of sts that you have OR

Once you're up to 20 points you need to work (1 row of Vst and 1 row of shell). Try that. You could also try working a dcdec on either side of the valley to cut down on the number of sts.

You're no longer working off the patten and I haven't made one that adds in an additional 10 points making it a 20 point ripple.

OK, I'll try that. I started trying to do a 3dcdec in the valleys to cut down the # of stitches. But I was still doing 2 rows of shell and 1 row of v-stitch.

So I'll back out 3 or 4 rows and go from there.

Thanks for the advice!!!

You might be better off with a 4dcdec or a 2dcdec on each side of the valley.

We'll get you sorted out. The one thing to remember tho is that if you're not happy with the way it's coming out - don't keep going. Stop and check in. Frogging sux!

ooo forgot to add:

Amy, i really like how the colors are coming out on yours...really pretty!!

Mary, that varigated really sets the middle off. Does the varigated have blue in it too??

Hey kook!!! Are you gonna make one too?

I'm not 100% sure yet although I have 2 baby blankets to make by April.

I have some blue acrylic left over from a ripple I made ..... ooh I can resist everything but temptation :D

Oh and I've never made a RR or a Star before, all my blankets have been rectangles so I might need you all to hold my hand when I get started.

HAHAHA see, you've talked me in to it without even trying!

So....the 1 gal from Ravelry is sending out the 1 skein next week, i should get the other skein from the yarn shop within a couple days....so that gives me 2 skeins additional of the varigated. As long as their's not a big difference in the dye lots, i can use them together with the partial skein i already have.

Here's the pic again (so you can help me lay out the colors)

So...I'm thinking to finish off the 3rd row of yellow, then add 1 row of white, then the varigated in 3 rows.

Then....start the solids again

I am currently at 38" point to point, and each row adds 1" around (so 2" to total width with each row)

Y=yellow, W=white, V=varigated, R=red.

Y 40"

W 42"

V 44"

V 46"

V 48"

R 50"

R 52"

R 54"

R 56"

Y 58"

Y 60"

Then a border, thinking of using the same rope border Shuttlebuggy used in hers.

post-17735-135897618796_thumb.jpg

I got the centre star completed :D I could happily just make loads of these, I love anything with a star motif :manyheart but no, that isn't the plan this time :lol

My little blue star measures 8" from peak to opposite valley. Now on to the bit where it will get interesting......

post-14036-135897618827_thumb.jpg

Nope - no blue in the varigated - just greens - caron pounders for all colors - it's called

Mixed green ombre.

I have started on the next color near the sage which is Azure - which is misleading because it sounds as though that color would be a deep bright rich color - but it's not - it's muted like the sage only in blue.

I like the way they look near each other and I will more than likely do the next colorway in - Country Basket ombre - it is blues and neutral creams -

that way I can work in a neutral as a stripe or border in the end.

Kook - I love blue - and that looks so cheerful of a color!

Crissie - I have been on many a yarn hunt during a project! What is the name or number of the yarn? I know you said it was a Plymouth - I can check at my LYS too.

Michele - I like vari's too - nice to change things up sometimes - I didn't do the Row 9 in a bordering color - I chose the option of same color and then switched in row 10.

And I agree - :2frog:frog'ing of ANY kind sux so better to rip-it earlier than later.

***Looked back on how much yarn used for the Patriotic one and I used 2 pounds each of White and Cape Cod Blue, 1 pound of Claret Red, 1 pound of Yellow (didn't use all of this) - this RR was QUEEN-bed sized.

Wow...

I have reserved so far for my mom's ghan:

14 oz of ILTY Toasted Almond (tan)

14 oz of ILTY Dark Olive

9 oz of Impeccable Fern (med./light green)

4.5 oz of Impeccable Forest (med. green)

(but will get more - probably another 2 skeins so that will be 9 oz)

7 oz. ILTY Linen (off white color but warmer shade)

That will add up to about 3-1/2 lbs.

Amy - how's the frogging coming along? I just wrote a blog post on the 'joys' of it. ugh.

I wanted to ask - how are the offset points looking?

Crissie - so glad that you're finding skeins to add to the project. I always try to get all the yarn before I start and make sure I have extra to keep on hand.

Kook- the start looks GREAT! Just go by the pics in the adding points tut and you'll be just fine.

Shuttlebuggy was such a HUGE help in getting that section just right! Thanx so much again!

Still re-working this border that I'm writing up. this is the 3rd time I've made it and I'm honestly - really tired of doing it and looking at it. ugh.

I can't wait to get started on the spidy one but I'm being responsible instead.

As long as you have the right number of sts then you're good.

That's the way that I crochet down the sides. Instead of (2 dcs in the side of each dc) I dc 1 around the post of the st and 1 in the top of the st. I just think it looks more even.

Archived