5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working on my first one using this wonderful pattern. Colors are I love this yarn hyacinth, red heard super saver plum pudding, and caron one pounder cream. Hope to have it finished soon.

• 1 year later...

Don't know if this thread is still active or not. I just finished an afghan using this pattern. The yarn is red heart soft (teal white) red heart soft baby steps (aqua) vanna's choice baby (duckie I think). I liked the colors and stripe pattern msmusic used in hers . Thanks for the inspiration. My mother asked for a baby blanket for her doctor who was expecting a boy. I now have another commission because of how well received this one turned out. So I thought maybe I should post here as I know I will be doing at least one more of these. http://bythehookcreations.blogspot.com/

That's awesome Valerie! I did one of the original test ones for Michele and you are right the pattern is a gem! I truly enjoyed making it for her - and then subsequent ones thereafter for my hubby and a baby one too! ;)

That's awesome Valerie! I did one of the original test ones for Michele and you are right the pattern is a gem! I truly enjoyed making it for her - and then subsequent ones thereafter for my hubby and a baby one too! ;)

It is a great pattern. There is definitely something to be said for a well written pattern! This is actually my second time using this pattern. The first was for 8 year old niece so I made it just a bit bigger. Here is my first one: http://s346.beta.photobucket.com/user/mva549308/media/IMG_0087.jpg.html?sort=3&o=146

• 2 months later...

Just finished the piece that was requested as a result of the blue/yellow starburst.  This one is done with red heart soft white 1 skein, red heart soft baby steps cool aqua 1 skein, simply soft blue mint 1 skein,  4 skeins of sock weight yarn sold under the gala label (big lots).  about half a skein of loops and thread snuggly wuggly (ran out of the rh soft baby step), and 1 ball of white mystery yarn from my stash, ran out of the rh soft white.  love this one.....the colors worked out great I think.  I am thinking of making this one in a full size ghan.............

http://bythehookcreations.blogspot.com/

This one is being auctioned off this weekend at a 4th of July celebration:

attachicon.gif5/6/3/0/41141.attach

Here's another one for my niece's baby boy due in December:

attachicon.gif5/6/3/0/47131.attach

Those are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Don't know if this thread is still active or not. I just finished an afghan using this pattern. The yarn is red heart soft (teal white) red heart soft baby steps (aqua) vanna's choice baby (duckie I think). I liked the colors and stripe pattern msmusic used in hers . Thanks for the inspiration. My mother asked for a baby blanket for her doctor who was expecting a boy. I now have another commission because of how well received this one turned out. So I thought maybe I should post here as I know I will be doing at least one more of these. http://bythehookcreations.blogspot.com/

Love all the shades of blue with the white!! 

It is a great pattern. There is definitely something to be said for a well written pattern! This is actually my second time using this pattern. The first was for 8 year old niece so I made it just a bit bigger. Here is my first one: http://s346.beta.photobucket.com/user/mva549308/media/IMG_0087.jpg.html?sort=3&o=146

Like this one too, especially the plum color!

Here's the one I have had in the bag for 2 years now....Just pulled it out to get it done, along with some other "paused" projects.

IMAG0246_zps48122f68.jpg

This is at 30 rounds laid out on queen bed.  I have enough yarn for 2 more rows of the dark red, 3 rows of the yellow, and then a border in white.

Hoping to finish it today while the Daytona race is on....we'll see.  Takes about an hour for each row now.

I did get the final rounds of dark red and yellow on last night, just have to do the border.  Since its going to be a white border, I'm trying to figure out which one I want to do.  I found the one Mary used (JaneMarie's chain3 rope border) but not sure what it will look like in a solid color.  It looks awesome in varigated. 

That is very cool!  I love how the vari plays with the points.

I

Here's the one I have had in the bag for 2 years now....Just pulled it out to get it done, along with some other "paused" projects.

IMAG0246_zps48122f68.jpg

This is at 30 rounds laid out on queen bed.  I have enough yarn for 2 more rows of the dark red, 3 rows of the yellow, and then a border in white.

Hoping to finish it today while the Daytona race is on....we'll see.  Takes about an hour for each row now.

very pretty!  I agree with RoseRed.  The added points blend very smoothly with the vari.  hmmm.something to consider for the next one. 

the amount of time on those last few rows is why finishing takes me some time.  I love seeing it develops as you stitch, but have a bit of crochet add when it takes some time to get around the edge.

I forgot to say thank you earlier....THANK YOU !!!

Valerie did you use a sc or hdc as your border?

On the blues/white as well as the blue/yellow/white I did two rounds of sc. I like how neat it looks if that makes sense. I dont remeber the edge of the plum pudding, but i am thinking it was a hdc followed by a sc. That one was more completed morethan a year ago.

I did get the border done...only had enough of the white to do one round of sc, but it looks nice and has a completed look to it. My endweaver2000 is sitting out on the porch and I'm struggling getting it into the house so all these dreadful ends will magically disappear....(hehehe) That is just a task all by itself in its own category of "i dont want to".

I did get the border done...only had enough of the white to do one round of sc, but it looks nice and has a completed look to it. My endweaver2000 is sitting out on the porch and I'm struggling getting it into the house so all these dreadful ends will magically disappear....(hehehe) That is just a task all by itself in its own category of "i dont want to".

endweaver 2000, you have my attention where might I find this magical device??? lol

Archived